Doctor in M R Hospital
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for M R HospitalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from severe pain in shin bone whenever I relax my legs especially when I am working while sitting on chair. Its happening since 3 months. I tried medicines, gels and rest for shin splints but its not helping. What should I do?
Hello, I am 38 years old. I am working in casino and I have to keep standing during my working hours. My heel is paining and feet are burning. What should I do? I consulted a doctor, he gave me medicine Rultin 150 and ibuprofen 400 but nothing changed, I am having same pain. Please suggest what to do?
I am 21 years old. I have problems about both the legs paining and also I am not able to walk on steps. So please tell me solution.
I am suffering from knee pain since last 2 year. I have arthritis and I am looking for treatment to get relief from it. Sometimes I can't even walk due to extreme pain. Is knee transplant the only option.
I am asking question for my father who is 50+ age and he is suffering from pain in joints and all body parts even touch karne se bhi unhe pain ho rha h.Please suggest some help to relief him.
Knee pain is characterized by a feeling of pain in the knee joint caused by injury or overuse. The knee joint consists of small bone structures, the kneecap, supporting ligaments and cartilage of the knee. This joint bears the full weight of the body, which makes it very vulnerable to injury.
Causes of knee pain
Knee pain is usually caused by injuries to the knee such as exposure to a direct force on the knee, abnormal twisting of the knee or falling on your knees. Some causes of knee pain are -
- Knee strains and sprains - Overworking the knee joints can damage the tissues of the knee joint resulting in knee sprains and strains
- Osteoarthritis - it is condition where the protective cartilage around the kneecap is damaged, resulting in knee pain
- Bursitis - Excessive movement of the knee or kneeling down for extended periods can irritate the bursa (a fluid sac below the skin above the knee joint) that causes swelling and pain, thereby giving rise to this condition
- Gout - This condition is characterized by the accumulation of uric acid in crystal form around the knee joint, causing inflammation and pain
- Tendon disorders - Tendons connect the muscles to the bones, and overworking the knee can cause the tendons around
the knee to become sore and painful
- Kneecap dislocation - Injuries may cause the kneecap to shift out of its position, this causes swelling and pain in the knee joint
Symptoms of knee pain
Severe knee pain can restrict movements such as walking or standing. The symptoms vary according to the extent of the damage suffered by the knee. Most common symptoms of knee pain are problems in climbing stairs, inability to extend the knees, limping and swelling of the knee joint. In some cases, knee pain may also cause fever. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!