Doctor in Kensington Hospital - Kilpauk
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Kensington Hospital - KilpaukYour feedback matters!
I am 51 years old. I have had goitre for the last 6 yrs. Should I have it removed? Does it have an effect on menopause which I am undergoing?
Most couples who get married intend to go the family route sooner or later. However for those who have been trying sexual intercourse for more than 6 months without any contraceptive aids and still have not succeeded in having a baby, the underlying cause may be infertility in one or both partners. Infertility affects up to 15% of couples trying to conceive and have a baby.
Infertility, in medical terms, refers to a person’s biological inability to contribute to conception. There are many biological causes that may make this happen, some of which can be medically corrected.
The Homeopathic Approach to Treat Infertility:
The homeopathic approach towards the management of health problems is constitutional. The treatment takes into account the presenting complaints - the symptoms - along with the unique physical, mental and genetic make-up that individualizes a person. Homeopathic medicines act at the roots of all ailments. They can rectify deviations of the hormonal system and get them back to normalcy. The simple homeopathic procedure effectively and efficiently avoids complicated procedures that follow the common treatments of infertility. More specifically, the complete hormonal harmony greatly increases the chances of conception without the harmful and/or painful side effects of medications, devices and invasive procedures. The biggest advantage of homeopathic treatment is that even after the treatment, the high sperm count is maintained. The medicines involved are easy to take, since there are only sweet pills and drops.
The homeopath plans the medication separately for every individual, by understanding his or her physical, as well as emotional and mental or spiritual imbalances. That is why this system becomes an excellent option for those seeking help with this issue, as it addresses health on a deep holistic level. The homeopath carefully prescribes the medicine that works on the real cause of infertility, along with other symptoms like any type of pain, stress, etc.
There are no prerequisites to start a homeopathy treatment for infertility. Anyone who just came to know about their infertility problem or those who have tried other infertility treatments without any results can consult a homeopath. Homeopathy medicines can also be used with other treatment methods, but the homeopath should be informed about it to prevent any interfering actions.
Homeopathy therapy works on male and female infertility in following way:
- It regulates and balances the body’s hormones, menstrual cycle and enhances the ovulation process in females.
- In males, it helps to increase the sperm count, their mobility and also their morphology by naturally stimulating the body.
- It helps with emotional blockages, disturbances and ambiguous thought processes that may affect fertility.
- It helps with the stress, anxiety and depression problems for those who are trying to conceive.
- It also helps in curing the side-effects of various other fertility treatments.
The homeopathic treatment for infertility is strictly individualistic. Whatever the reason that the patient opts for homeopathy, the treatment should be supported by a healthy diet and proper lifestyle, like avoiding alcohol and smoking.
I want to have my stress hormones to be tested as my sugar is uncontrolled for nearly 12 years after uterus and gallbladder removed. I am stressed always and given insulin and Tribolib2 Tenepure20 and Losar A. I don't want to take these metmorfin medicines as they make me feel drowsy.
There is nothing more stressful to a patient and a caring gynaecologist than to face repeated IVF failure or recurrent pregnancy loss following IVF. So to advice couples who have failed one or more attempts, to keep on trying over and over and over; is not an easy job. Here, one can find solution in Ayurvedic treatment. Ayurveda, through its medicines, diet & lifestyle modifications and panchakarma raises a new hope after IVF failure. Ayurvedic treatment enhances success rate of Artificial Reproductive Techniques (IUI, IVF, ICSI-ET) or increases chance of natural conception as per cause of infertility.
What is Infertility?
Infertility is Inability to conceive even after one year of unprotected coitus or inability to carry pregnancy till full term. There are many causes of infertility; such as tubal block, PID, Endometriosis, PCOD in women and low sperm count, low sperm motility in men. When there is severe tubal disease, severe egg factors, failed IUI treatments, severe male factors, unexplained infertility, grade III & IV endometriosis; Test tube baby is suggested.
What is test tube baby? IVF (In-Vitro-Fertilization)?
It is a laboratory procedure in which processed sperm are either placed with oocyte (IVF) or injected into oocyte (ICSI) in a petridish to achieve fertilization. The resultant embryos are transferred into woman's uterus for implantation.
What are causes of IVF failure?
- To work out on IVF failures, we should focus on causes of failure.
- One of the most common causes of IVF failure is Abnormal Embryo. Abnormal embryo can be formed due to abnormal egg (oocyte) or abnormal sperm or if both are abnormal.
- Another common cause is Implantation failure. Endometrium preparation and its receptivity are more important for implantation of an embryo. Endometrium should be 6 mm or more in thickness preferably 8-10 mm. To know details about endometrium preparation, Color Doppler should be done. It has also been observed that when pregnancy is achieved in absence of endometrial and sub-endometrial flow on the day of embryo transfer (ET), more than half of pregnancy will finish as spontaneous miscarriage.
- IVF cycle can be cancelled even before Ovum Pick Up due to Poor Ovarian Response, in which very few or no follicle growth is seen even after fertility injections.
- Most neglected but important cause is Pre-treatment STRESS.
HOPE IN AYURVEDA:
According to Ayurveda, four factors are essential for conception; namely seed (oocyte and sperm), soil (reproductive track), season (fertile period) and water (nutrition).
Ayurvedic fertility treatments regularize metabolism of body, purify reproductive organs, maintain hormonal equilibrium, improve endometrium lining & receptivity, increase egg and sperm quality and relieve stress.
Womb preparation treatment of Ayurveda enhances success rate of IUI, IVF, ICSI-ET.
Womb Preparation Treatments:
Ayurvedic herbs and medicinal preparations act as natural tonic to male and female reproductive organs. They maintain biological clock of menstruation; hence hormonal imbalance is corrected. They also help in making most potent and healthy sperm & ovum and eventually a healthy pregnancy.
Ayurveda can treat infertility by Panchakarma procedures like Basti, Uttarbasti, Vaman, Virechan, Nasya using different Ayurvedic formulations as per cause of infertility & failure of IVF and according to body constitution of patient.
- Basti acts on vata predominantly. It increases strength of reproductive organs
- Uttarbasti is an intrauterine instillation of sterile medicated oil or ghee. It acts on endometrial receptors
- Vamana and Virechana detox the whole body and improves digestive fire for proper nourishment of reproductive hormones and organs
- Yoniprakshalana (Irrigation of vulva and vagina with warm decoction) and Pichudharan (Insertion of a sterile tampoon soaked in medicated ghee or oil in posterior fornix of vagina) are also helpful in infertility
According to Ayurveda; A Cheerful mind forms the basis of pregnancy; so relaxing panchakarma procedures like massage, steam, head massage, Shirodhara are done to reduce stress and its impact on infertility treatments.
Like other fertility treatments, Ayurvedic treatment does not depend only on medicines. In fact, it ensures that patient follows a strict diet rules as per Ayurveda and avoids spicy and salty food. The proper food can help to provide proper nutrition to reproductive organs.
Nowadays infertility has become a part of lifestyle diseases. Ayurvedic Doctor can guide you to modify lifestyle according to your body constitution (Dinacharya) and seasonal variations (Rutucharya). It is always better to avoid cigarette smoking, tobacco and alcohol as they reduce fertility. Exercise is an inevitable part of lifestyle. One should learn exercise, yogasana (e.g. Surya Namaskara, Gomukhasan, Sarvangasan, Pavanmuktasan, Ardhamatsyandrasan, Naukasan, Dhanurasan, Shalabhasan etc.) and Pranayam from an experienced teacher.
Infertility is a condition where a couple trying to conceive in a natural way is not able to do so even after one year of trying. It is also a matter of worry for patients who are over the age of 35 years and those who are not able to conceive naturally even after 12 months of trying constantly. So here are the causes, risks and treatment for this condition.
* Causes: There are many causes of infertility. It may be down to a condition present in one or both partners. As per a medical study, 20% of the cases of infertility are due to males, while 40% to 50% cases are due to problems in the female partner. 30% of the cases suffer from infertility due to problems in both males and females. Ovulation and fertilisation are the main elements of the conception process, and any condition in the female or male can upset either function which can make it difficult to conceive. While abnormal sperm production and transport may be a common condition that leads to infertility in males, other factors like side effects of cancer treatments and too much exposure to toxins and chemicals can also play an important role in this regard. For females, the causes of infertility may range from ovulation disorders, uterine and fibroid tumours, uterine and cervical anomalies, damage to or blockage of the fallopian tubes, endometriosis, primary ovarian insufficiency and pelvic adhesions. Also, factors like thyroid, cancer and medication leading to temporary infertility may be at play.
* Risk: There are a number of factors that put a male or a female at risk of infertility. Being in your mid 30s usually has an adverse effect on the ovulation and production of well functioning sperm. Further, smoking and tobacco are among the main causes of infertility in either partner. Excessive alcohol consumption may also lead to this problem. Being overweight or underweight can also make a person infertile. Further, not getting enough exercise and routine activities out of your day, can lead to this condition as well.
* Treatment: Male patients can go through treatment for any existing infections, hormonal injections and medication, surgical options like vasectomy reversal, and ART or assistive reproductive technology. Female patients can turn to medication that will stimulate ovulation, Intrauterine Insemination, and surgical processes to correct a uterine septum and remove endometrial polyps, or even a hysteroscopy surgery.
If these methods fail, the patient or the couple can always turn to methods like In Vitro Fertilisation. For other mild reasons, lifestyle changes along with a stress free environment can help in increasing the chances of conception.