Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Interventional Paediatric CardiologistYour feedback matters!
Do you know that cholesterol is found in baby formula and has got some surprising facts about them? Cholesterol is a waxy, fat like substance which is present in all your cells, and your body’s cholesterol level says a lot about the health of your heart in the future. Having high cholesterol increases your risk of acquiring heart diseases and hence, you should try to maintain a normal cholesterol level.
Here are some surprising facts about cholesterol, which you should know about:
- You cannot live without cholesterol: We are born with cholesterol in our bodies and infants get more cholesterol from mother’s milk. This is why cholesterol is added to baby formula. All the hormones and cells of your body need cholesterol for proper functioning. It also builds the cells and helps the liver to prepare fat processing acids.
- One out of three adults have high cholesterol: It is important for all people above the age of 20 to get a cholesterol checkup every five years. According to studies, around 32% of adults in the USA have got high cholesterol levels. Your cholesterol levels may also be affected by factors such as your diet and stress.
- High cholesterol can be genetic: Genetics is a major influencing factor in high cholesterol levels. Research has proven that almost 75% of high cholesterol cases are genetic in nature while 25% occur because of diet.
- Children can have high cholesterol as well: There is a common misconception that high cholesterol is an issue involving adults only. However, children may also have high cholesterol and it is recommended for you to get your child tested at an early age. For children who are obese and have a family history of heart attacks and high cholesterol, a selective screening is important.
- Sweating raises the levels of good cholesterol: Sweating is good for increasing the levels of good cholesterol in your body. You should follow a healthy diet including food items like avocado and salmon. Working out is also important for raising your HDL levels, which prevent heart disease.
- Supplements may help in lowering cholesterol levels: The first option for controlling your cholesterol levels is to work out regularly. If you are at a risk of heart attack or have hypercholesterolemia, you have to bank on supplements such as plant stanols and sterols. You can also take cholesterol reducing medications such as statins.
Earlier, the medical community was reserved about prescribing cholesterol lowering medicines and they were given only to critical heart patients. In modern day, statin treatment is recommended to people who have even little chances of heart attacks or stroke.
How can I reduce my high blood pressure? I do walk 40 minutes everyday, nothing diagnosed from blood test and ECG, everything was normal.
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Sir Mera weight 110 kg hai aur mera cholesterol high rahta hai specially tryglycerides zyada badha rahta hai main TMT test bhi Kara chuka Hun Jo ki normal hai aur mujhe aaj kal gale me kuchh phansa hua mehsus hota jis se mujhe nigalne me takleef hota hai phir khud se aaram bhi ho jata hai. Sir jab main medicine leta Hun to cholesterol levels Kam ho jata hai aur jab medicine rok deta hun to badh jata hai. Mujhe specially left hand me chest tak occasionally pain rahta hai. Sir main economically thoda weak Hun to zyada mahngi treatment Nahin kra pata. please sir suggest me something. Aur mera weight control Nahin ho pata.
My weight is 110 kg aur mera cholesterol high rahta hai specially tryglycerides zyada badha rahta hai jab main medicine leta Hun to Kam ho jata hai phir jab medicine rok deta hun to badh jata hai aur mujhe left hand me chest tak occasionally pain rahta hai main TMT test bhi Kara chuka Hun Jo ki normal hai. Aaj kal mujhe gale me kuchh FASA hua mehsus hota hai. Sir economically thoda weak Hun isliye mehanga treatment Nahin kra pata.
Some incidents suddenly scares people. Example- Sudden Dog's bark in a lonely street when you are walking alone. Ya normally people get panic or get scared suddenly and normally they recover within some time but here is my problem, I feel like I can't recover easily. After any of this kind of incident, my heart feels like it may stop anytime a kind of uncomfortable in the mid chest and haven't seen any type of pain until now. But a type of uncomfortable scare at the mid chest. Normally recovers after a nap. Some times I wake up breathlessness too. But would be fine after a sleep. It has happened n number of times and my BP is 130/85 around and am 114 kg with 167 cms height. This condition subsides with Librium 10 SOS and have tried 2-3 times with my physician's prescription. I just wanted to know, is this an anxiety disorder or panic attack or something related to my heart, please advise.
Sir/ madam mujhe last 6 months se chest pain ho raha hai. Jyadatar right side pinpoint in chest. Kabhi 2 left side bhi ho jata hai. Blood test x ray ECG sab 5 ya 6 baar alag alag doctors ko dikhaya. Sab ok. Ab iski wajah se stress bhi jyada hone lga hai. Bp bhi high hone laga hai. Kabhi kabhi heart beat 115 se 120 tak ho jati hai. Pls suggest me. Pls help.
I always feel heart burning problem from 6 months. Sometimes regularly, sometimes irregularly. Why is it? How to prevent it?
Getting pain in right side below my chest from last 3 days. I have applied volini but not get relief. Also took dyegine sherup. But not get relief. please give me a better solution for that
I am male 41 years and taking thyronorm 100 mcg from past 1 year for hypothyroid and it is normal now. But cholesterol level is not reduced which is 250, LDL 170, HDL 46 and homocysteine is 55. I used to consume alcohol weekly twice of hard liquor, Please advise.
Some heart defects are present right from birth. We discuss the role of your genes in making you vulnerable to heart disease.