I think I have thyroid problem. What food I should avoid and what food should I take and recommend some exercise.
Can hyperthyroid be cured with proper medication at the age of 20. Or if medicines cured thyroid then how many years we will have to continuously consume medicines. Is it for lifetime for all the peoples .whether person is old or in youth stage.
Dr. I have hyperthyroidism for last 5 years I am taking regular treatment for that and my thyroid is in control but still I have problem with night sleep. That means I do not get sufficient sleep at night. Regards,
I want to know the main symptoms of thyroid .which commonly seen in all thyroid all thyroid patents. And want to know something in detail about thyroid.
Suffering from thyroid for 3 years. Taking tablet thyronorm 50 mg. Latest test report shows TSH 0.005.what to do?
Hello, M obese nd having thyroid (high TSH) from last 6 years nd is currently taking Thyronorm 100 Can yu please suggest me any homeopathy medicine? Nd can that be taken along with Thyronorm?
Hi, im 29 and weight is 53. 8 kg because of period problem gynecologist asked me to take to check my TSH, prolactin, FBS, insulin fasting but my TSH range is 8.89 so doctor asked me to take thyronorm 25 mcg tablet before breakfast, after taking tablet for two days from two days not getting sleep, and headache and feeling hungry throughout the day after having food, shivering no energy, should I take that tablet or stop please help me my doctor did not ask to check T3 and T4 level this is first time having this tablet.
My daughter is 5 years old. She is frequent suffering from cold and cough and tonsillitis whether there is weather change or taking cold drinks and ice creams. After taking antibiotics such as clavam bid syrup or azithral xl with ambrodil s syrup and levocetirizine tablets she recovers. But it is frequent. Pl advice for permanent cure of it. Is taking antibiotics or medicines frequently is safe?
Seasonal changes can be very exciting for most people. Each season brings with it a new set of colours and nature takes a new turn. However, for people with seasonal allergies, a seasonal change also comes with a set of allergies. From skin rashes to wheezing to breathing difficulties, the list of symptoms can be quite long. Asthma is the most common problem, and the attacks can be quite bothersome with wheezing attacks and breathing troubles.
With advancements in the field of medicine, there is a lot of relief for asthma patients. A little understanding on how asthma attacks happen will help in understanding how to control it. Asthma is an allergic reaction caused by narrowing of the airway with thick mucus, which makes breathing difficult. During an attack, the person can have a dry cough, face shortness of breath and wheezing.
Asthma is often triggered or worsened by some factors, and being aware of these can help prevent or manage an attack:
- Common allergens like pollen, mites, ticks, furs of animals, bird feathers, specific foods (peanuts, milk products, eggs, etc.) and mold spores appear during change of season.
- Environmental chemicals like cigarette smoke, car fumes, dust, etc., can also trigger an attack.
- Attacks of cold or flu can lead to an asthma attack.
- Workout during cold weather can be problematic, but exercise can also help control asthma attacks. Lung function improves sufficiently, but an exercise regime should be drawn up for the patient based on his condition.
- Stressful emotions like anger and anxiety can also lead to an attack or make it worse.
- Some medications like aspirin, beta blockers, glaucoma drops can aggravate attacks of asthma.
Once you know the triggers, here are some common measures that can help prevent and relieve the wheezing.
- The preventers reduce the inflammation in the airway tube and the swelling. While they do not provide immediate relief during an attack, using these in the long term helps avoid attacks. These are low-dose inhaled corticosteroids such as beclomethasone, fluticasone, and budesonide. Doctors would advise their usage even when there are no symptoms, as asthma attacks can be triggered when they are not taking these medications for a while. Newer drugs include leukotriene antagonists like montelukast and zafirlukast. Relievers are used for symptom relief and include Salbutamol (short acting) and Salmeterol/Formoterol (long acting). Peak flow meter may be useful in acute attacks, wherein the peak flow rates can be reduced.
A good strategy is to use preventers regularly and rely on relievers during an attack. The first one helps build resistance and so reduces the incidence of attacks. Reach out to a doctor if a severe attack ensues (lasts more than 3 hours).
My mother age 45 (taking treatment for hyper thyroid and b.p) is having urticaria,(itching) and she took levocetirizine 5 mg ,it worked very well, so how much dose and for how much duration she has to take it for complete cure safely, pls answer.
Hello Doctor my name is Shashi my problem is I am suffering from thyroid disease. What is thyroid disease and is there any treatment available. Could you please resolve my query. Thank you.
If a person has to take lifelong medicine for hypothyroidism, does the medicine have any side effects and what are they?
What is the possibility and kinds of of birth defects that can happen in babies if the mother has normal T3, T4, and TSH values but father has hypothyroidism which is genetic in his family?
Hi I am 29 and single and weight is 54 kg and because irregular period my gynecologist said for blood test and my TSH level is 8.89 and she asked me to have tablet for 3 months is it curable r not and I can reduce to normal level please help me and how?
Dear doctor, I was all set to be married to a 42 year old man who told me he has been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and that he has to take medicine for this all his life. He also told me that it is genetic since his mother and sisters also have the condition though not his father. I have also noticed in him some of the symptoms associated with hypothyroidism such as fatigue, weight gain, hoarseness of voice. I wish to know if this means that this will affect his libido or fertility now or in the future, and that if he is likely to be physically fit for marriage. I have heard that Hypothyroidism causes erectile dysfunction and a decrease in sex drive. Is this problem curable or manageable with medicine? Is it a good decision to marry a man at all who is suffering from this condition? Thanks.
Hi Dr. I am pregnant on 22 .my thyroid is 9.10.progesterone is 19.5 .dr gave me thyroid thyronorm 100 mg phele 50 mg thi. N gestofit 300. N one injection weekly. There is chances of miscarriage become 4 month back I already have miscarriage through projestone is 3 only daat time. I feel hips n back thies cramps .lil heaviness is this normal aur sign of mmiscarege .my feet also burn .ya duphaston n gestofit ki vajah se ye sab feel ho raha hai please help me.
Types of Hypothyroidism
This happens when the functioning thyroid gland fail to produce T3 and T4. As a result, pituitary gland releases Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH). This helps in producing T3 and T4 hormones. This cause is termed as Hashimoto s thyroiditis.
Primary Hypothyroidism is the deficiency of thyroid hormones due to inadequate production.
Secondary Hypothyroidism is deficiency of thyroid hormones due to inadequate stimulation of the thyroid gland through pituitary gland.
Causes of Hypothyroidism
Deficiency of Iron
Viral infections or other respiratory disorders
Certain medicines such as lithium that is used to treat psychiatric
Radiation therapy for some cancers
Treating hyperthyroidism with anti-thyroid medicine
An underactive thyroid gland by birth
The hypothyroidism during pregnancy.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
Dry, rough pale skin
Coarse, dry hair
Muscle cramps and muscle aches
Abnormal menstrual cycles
Homeopathy Treatment for Hypothyroidism
Homeopathy medicines are always known for treating the disease permanently and same way the medicine performs here too. The disease could be treated through different medicines in homeopathy. Choosing or prescribing the right medicine depends on the cause of the disease and its effect.
Here is the list of homeopathy medicines that helps in eradicating the effectiveness of the disease completely.
Iodum treats hypothyroidism. The person is emaciated
Thymusinum - treatment of stunted conditions in children
Bromum treats goiter
Lapis albus treats hyperthyroidism and goiter
Natrum muriaticum treats an under active gland
However, these are just the names of the medicines, which should not be taken without prior approval from a homeopathy doctor, as the dosage and frequency of the medicine will be decided by the doctor based on the patient's condition and symptoms.
Hi What treatment is available for substernal thyroid. I am a sub clinical hypothyroid patient taking 50 MCG daily. It affected my lungs and nerves. Recently in my scanning report seemed that my thyroid is enlarged under to chest. What treatment is available for this condition. Is surgery is only the way.
My son is 4 Year old. He was suffering from thyroid (Only TSH was high). We gave him Thyronorm 12. 5 mg for two month. After 3 month when we checked thyroid then it was normal. Please suggest what should we do now.
Thyroid has become a common ailment among most women in India nowadays. It is triggered due to the presence of impurities in the blood, which lead to hormonal imbalances and therefore, a number of symptoms, including anorexia, unhealthy weight gain, loss of energy, weakness and fatigue are experienced. But in case of hyperthyroid, you will notice an increased metabolic activity, a rise in pulse rate, loss of weight and palpitation.
Irrespective of whether you are suffering from hyperthyroid or hypothyroid, Ayurvedic treatment has some viable solutions that are aimed at elevating your health condition.
Ayurveda and thyroid
Though there is no direct mention of thyroid in the Ayurvedic texts, there are major implications that hint towards a disease like thyroid that is caused due to imbalance of body fluid and its probable treatments. Thyroid imbalance can be controlled by the following treatment regimen that includes:
1. Dietary regulations: As per Charaka, thyroid doesn’t affect those individuals who take milk in adequate quantities. In addition, you must take moong seeds, bengal gram seeds, sugarcane, cucumber, barley and old rice in optimum amounts for prevention of thyroid. In case you are already suffering from thyroid imbalance, then you must also aim at having a considerable amount of milk on a regular basis.
2. Herbs for regulating thyroid: The herb named Purple Mountain Ebony is purposely helpful in the treatment as well as proper functioning of the thyroid gland. In addition to this herb, you must also intake Punarnava, Brahmi, Jatamansi, Gokshura and Shilajita for alleviating your thyroid problems.
3. Home remedies: If there is swelling in any part of the body caused due to thyroid imbalances, then it can be properly treated by applying a fine paste of Jalakumbhi over the affected area. The juice of this paste can be administered in a small quantity of 22 grams in a span of 24 hours. It helps to increase the amount of iodine in the body which helps to fix various problems in the body. If you are experiencing a lack of energy and weakness, you can use coconut oil for boosting the sluggish metabolism of the body.
4. Yoga for treating thyroid: There are various Yogic postures, which are believed to help in the maintenance of the thyroid gland. You can practice sun salutation, fish pose and shoulder stand for alleviating your condition and get rid of all types of health issues caused from thyroid imbalances.
If you wish to get a personalised evaluation of your health condition, then it is imperative to pay a visit to an expert who can recommend proper Ayurvedic treatment methods for you.