Submit a review for Global Hospital And Health CityYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am suffering from thyroid hypothyroidism for 8 years taking thyronorm 150 mg but now I have problem in my both legs and joint. I use tablet dexona and cetrizine as I have some problem of asthma and itching since 8 years. I also have high BP taking AGENAL AT 1 daily .I also feel problem in nerves. TSH level also increased sussagest some medicines. Thanks.
Is thyroid and diabetics interrelated? TSH IS >150 WHEREAS T3 AND t4 ARE 0.27 and 23.8 what is the treatment suggested?
Hi! My Mother was suffering last 6-7 years in Thyroid and migraine problem, I was try lots of medicine and checkup but still not improve so please kindly suggest for better option or Doctor as soon as possible.
My mother's TSH is 1.98 but T4 is 15.5. What should I do? She takes Thyrox 75 mg daily. She is 64 and diabetic but diabetes is under control.
I am a 37 years old female. My thyroid levels are 4.23. Is that I am suffering from thyroid. I am also having pain in my lower abdominal. Can you advise me on the issue.
She is having problems with thyroid related and also suffering from weakness. She is also pain in front head and neck. Recently we got check up with TSH ,that was 8.47 and how the latest report says 6.4.So please tell what to do here.
Hello, I have my thyroid report pls check if it's good or do I need to take any medicine or visit doctor. T4 = 6.3 mcg/dL T3= 1.1 ng/mL TSH= 1.7miU/ml.
I have got my thyroid tests done. T3 & t4 are normal but tsh is quite high. Which medicines should I start?
Thyroid has become a common ailment among most women in India nowadays. It is triggered due to the presence of impurities in the blood, which lead to hormonal imbalances and therefore, a number of symptoms, including anorexia, unhealthy weight gain, loss of energy, weakness and fatigue are experienced. But in case of hyperthyroid, you will notice an increased metabolic activity, a rise in pulse rate, loss of weight and palpitation.
Irrespective of whether you are suffering from hyperthyroid or hypothyroid, Ayurvedic treatment has some viable solutions that are aimed at elevating your health condition.
Ayurveda and thyroid
Though there is no direct mention of thyroid in the Ayurvedic texts, there are major implications that hint towards a disease like thyroid that is caused due to imbalance of body fluid and its probable treatments. Thyroid imbalance can be controlled by the following treatment regimen that includes:
1. Dietary regulations: As per Charaka, thyroid doesn’t affect those individuals who take milk in adequate quantities. In addition, you must take moong seeds, bengal gram seeds, sugarcane, cucumber, barley and old rice in optimum amounts for prevention of thyroid. In case you are already suffering from thyroid imbalance, then you must also aim at having a considerable amount of milk on a regular basis.
2. Herbs for regulating thyroid: The herb named Purple Mountain Ebony is purposely helpful in the treatment as well as proper functioning of the thyroid gland. In addition to this herb, you must also intake Punarnava, Brahmi, Jatamansi, Gokshura and Shilajita for alleviating your thyroid problems.
3. Home remedies: If there is swelling in any part of the body caused due to thyroid imbalances, then it can be properly treated by applying a fine paste of Jalakumbhi over the affected area. The juice of this paste can be administered in a small quantity of 22 grams in a span of 24 hours. It helps to increase the amount of iodine in the body which helps to fix various problems in the body. If you are experiencing a lack of energy and weakness, you can use coconut oil for boosting the sluggish metabolism of the body.
4. Yoga for treating thyroid: There are various Yogic postures, which are believed to help in the maintenance of the thyroid gland. You can practice sun salutation, fish pose and shoulder stand for alleviating your condition and get rid of all types of health issues caused from thyroid imbalances.
If you wish to get a personalised evaluation of your health condition, then it is imperative to pay a visit to an expert who can recommend proper Ayurvedic treatment methods for you.
Sir I have hypothyroidism what is the normal level of tsh. If my tsh comes to normal position should I stop taking medicine or can I change the power of medicine. I am taking eltroxin 75 mcg. I am suffering since 2007 and since then under medication. Sir I have body pain, joints pain. But after doing many treatment of RA or arthritis it did not reduce. Can this pain be for thyroid.
Hi my wife has thyroid enlargement. Recent report says thyroid gland is grown. Also it touches the throat pipe. Can anyone pl suggest to control the growth of thyroid.
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.