Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. U. Mohan Rao Memorial HospitalYour feedback matters!
Epilepsy is a brain triggered disorder that can result in the affected person having seizures or convulsions of the body. Such convulsions last about a few minutes and the person undergoing epileptic seizure might be unaware of what’s happening to him/her during those brief moments. They may recover and appear disoriented for a few minutes more.
Epilepsy can’t be cured but is treated through medicines called anticonvulsant drugs.
- Epilepsy is a neurological disorder brought about due to unusual electrical activity in the brain
- The person having the disorder can have episodes of seizures where there can be sudden involuntary movements of the person’s whole body and shaking of the arms and legs lasting a few minutes
- The condition can occur to anybody irrespective of age but children seem to suffer more from the condition following a head injury or emotional trauma
- Electroencephalogram or EEG is the best way for the doctor to understand the exact nature of the disorder and this will help in the treatment.
- Treatment through drugs is the most popular way of keeping the convulsions under check
- Medically, if the patient goes without seizures for a few years under regular medication then there is every possibility the person may not suffer further convulsions
- Apart from medication, dietary regulations have also been adopted by many physicians to treat the condition. Low carb and high protein items are advised as a way to reduce/stop the epileptic seizures
- In some cases, the doctor might decide to conduct a surgery to remove the aberrant part of the brain to treat the individual for epilepsy
- People with epilepsy have to take a lot of precautions in their daily routines to avoid getting seriously injured if they were to suffer a sudden attack of seizures
- Driving and swimming are to be avoided by them
- People standing around can help reduce the suffering by turning the person over to one side and offering a support to the head. Care can also be taken to remove any object that can cause injury to the person while having the convulsions.
- Some doctors study the pattern of the seizures occurring and help in regulating them in such a manner that the person gets the convulsions only in the nights while asleep
- This can limit the damage done to the person and can also help the person in going about normal routines
- Parents must inform the school authorities if their children suffers from epilepsy so that they can provide first aid to such students immediately if episodes occur in school
Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder that can cause the person to go through involuntary shaking of the body and the limbs. It is usually treated with drugs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
In today’s stressful environment, more and more people are being diagnosed with psychological disorders such as insomnia and depression. Neither of the two are things which people feel lucky to possess. However, it is interesting to note that there is a link between the two conditions. Also, the problems are a lot more common than a person is likely to first think; 80% of depressed people suffer from chronic insomnia!
For a long time until recently, many people were of the opinion that most depressed people were insomniac. But that is not really correct. The two issues do overlap to a large extent, but they are different from each other. Again, that does not mean one cannot affect the other.
When a person has depression, one of the main things that he or she can experience is a lack of pleasure from the activities and happenings which occur in his or her daily life. Similarly, when a person does not get enough sleep or even just cannot sleep, he or she is quite likely to display a tendency to worry. Often, worrying sets the stage for depression to develop in the person. In fact, doctors have observed that people who do not sleep enough are more likely to undergo treatment for depression than the others.
Recent findings have concluded that when a person sleeps better, the case of depression also shows an uptick. In addition to this, the habit of sleeping well can also go quite a long way to make sure that a person does not relapse into depression. According to some sleep therapies, people who suffer from lack of sleep are advised to follow a systematic routine of getting to bed and getting out of bed. Activities including reading in bed or watching TV after going to bed must be avoided. While there are various means to help a person sleep better, the choice as to which one would suit a person in the best possible way is only best decided by the person’s personal doctor. What is for sure is the fact that a person can effectively sleep to a better life!
So, it can be said that if a person wants to cure his/her depression and enjoy life being peppy, napping away is not such a bad idea after all. Having said that, everything is good only up to a certain limit!
I have migraine problem since last 7 years. I can not do anything and not able to tolerate. Can not concentrate properly on my work. Its trigger due to light, sundays, voice, noise, walking, etc. Having constipation also. It is trigger from early morning to night daily. Plzz suggest me what I should do. I have checked upon doctors but still no relief. I have taken alopathic, homeopathic, ayurvedic all type of medicine from last 7 years I am taking. But still suffering from chronic headache. Plzzz help me. thank you.
Are you looking for an ideal treatment and management for various kinds of headaches? Do you suffer from migraine headaches? You should opt for Ayurvedic treatment, which is considered to be very effective in dealing with headaches of various types.
Migraine is a form of headache that is known as Sooryavata according to Ayurvedic principles. Such headaches worsen during sunrise, peak during the afternoon and tend to reduce during evening. Migraine occurs because of an excessive stimulation of blood vessels in the brain. A person affected with migraine is likely to experience nausea and vomiting, along with a throbbing headache on one side of the head. Migraine headaches can be caused due to hormonal changes, allergy from certain food items or excess stress. Apart from regular exercises and a proper diet, the most effective Ayurvedic remedies for dealing with migraine headaches are as follows:
- Shirolepa or the applications of herbal pastes on the head is effective for pacifying pitta dosha. Camphor, jatasmansi, and sandalwood are also effective.
- Shiro Dhara, an Ayurvedic therapy, where a thin stream of liquid is poured over your scalp is helpful.
- Taila dhara is effective for migraine headaches as well, in which oils such as chandanadi taila and ksheerabala taila are used for treatment.
Cluster headaches refer to headaches on one side of the head. It is known as Suryavartham according to Ayurveda. These consist of a series of short, but painful headaches, stretched over weeks or months together. Such headaches occur because of disruptions in the nervous system. Usually, the pain starts early in the morning in the eyes. There are several Ayurvedic remedies for the management of cluster headaches. Some of them are as follows:
- Use an ointment or paste made of dried ginger and Kermpferia.
- Use a paste of Indian aloe vera, asafoetida and coriander for pain relief.
- Grind cumin seeds and mix it with lemon juice. Keep the mixture on the painful area of your head for quick relief.
- Have coconut water.
Any form of headache, which tends to reoccur after some time instead of ending is referred to as recurrent headache. There are several Ayurvedic remedies for the effective management of recurrent headaches. They as are as follows:
- Boil one teaspoon of haritaki powder in water and drink it.
- Massage your neck gently using warm calamus root oil.
- Lie down with your nostrils parallel to the ceiling, and apply sesame oil in your nostrils. This is known as nasal therapy.
There are several other Ayurvedic remedies that are effective in dealing with all forms of headaches. You should consult an Ayurvedic practitioner for getting the most ideal remedy for your problem.
My aunty is taking homeopathic treatment for migraine, and insomnia can she eat raw onion and garlic along with. Homeopathic treatment please guide me.
At some point I start having panic attacks and I feel my self shaking and trembling, which makes me start crying sometimes. I feel loss of breath. Somethings make me fear a lot. What can I do? Any medications if you can suggest?
After brain tumor surgery and radiation therapy (30 classes) whats precaution and diet I should take for recovery.
Sir / Ma'am, I always feel like my nerves are shaking mildly. I feel like shivering, nervous sweats. I feel nervous and inferior to others. I feel uncomfortable around others. This is a sign of social anxiety, I think. My father is suffering from schizophrenia. For the whole life he suffered. I am scared of the genetic impact of mental disorders. I do not want to depend on medicines for this. I am a sensitive girl. I start shaking when I become angry. Please help me I cannot afford any therapy. Is this condition curable. Is it the chemical imbalance ?Is it remains for whole life. Are hypnosis and meditations audios and videos going to help with this? Please advice me natural ways to come out of this.
I have whole body bone pain stiffness numbness in feet hand whole body ache since may 2016 yet no any cause found of my problem pl suggest.
Dear Doctor, My name is premaraju, im having migraine head ache frequently and when I got more pain im using tablets for relief and now its more paining im doing job as a computer operator and in my job I will do more calls to our distributors. Somebody suggesting me to do brain scanning. What should I do. Please Help Me.
I have migraine problem. I have checked by many doctors. Even they prescribed lots of tests. But they couldn't find any disease they always said that nothing you have. But when I have headache I can not do any work even my first priority is to take medicine paracetamol and take a sleep, and I always do vomiting when I have headache. This occurs 15-20 times in a month. I need permanent solution for my headache.
Hi, My child has been evaluated as CP child and she is 2+ years old. She has a development delay and getting seizures. Following are the impression found during recent MRI evaluation. MODERATE DIFFUSE ATROPHY OF CORPUS callosum DELAYED MYLENATION WITH MYLENATION PATTERN CORRESPONDING TO 6-8 MONTHS. Could you please advise what the above impressions mean and what are the treatment & cure for the same.
Hello. Doctors.last couple of month ago. I noticed that when I am lying in my bed. Suddenly.then my whole body was shivering. One time. I do not know. Why this is happening. please help me. Is it nerve disorder?
आप अपना चश्मा रखकर भूल सकते हैं, किसी का नाम भूल सकते हैं लेकिन अगर कहीं जाकर आप ये भूल जाएं कि आप यहां क्यों आए हैं, तो सचेत हो जाएं। खासकर अगर आपकी उम्र 50 से कम है तो ये खतरे की घंटी है। अल्जाइमर ज्यादातर 65 वर्ष की उम्र के आसपास होने वाली दिमाग से जुड़ी बीमारी है। ये एक न्यूरोलॉजिकल समस्या है जिसमें दिमाग की कोशिकाएं नष्ट होने से यादाश्त जाने लगती है। ये बीमारी शुरुआत में हल्के-फुल्के भूलने की आदत से शुरू होती है लेकिन धीरे-धीरे खतरनाक होती जाती है। अलजाइमर के मरीज के लिए शुरुआती दौर में तुरंत घटी घटनाओं को भी याद करना मुश्किल हो जाता है। साथ ही पुरानी यादें भी धीरे-धीरे खत्म हो जाती हैं। अलजाइमर की आखिरी स्टेज डिमेंशिया काफी खतरनाक होती है।
ये हैं शुरुआती लक्षण
अलजाइमर में यादाश्त कमजोर होने के साथ-साथ कुछ और भी लक्षण दिखाई देने लगते हैं जैसे- पहले लोगों के नाम भूल जाना, अपने विचारों को व्यक्त करने में कठिनाई, निर्देशों का पालन करने में दिक्कत, किसी बात को समझने में भी परेशानी होती है। बार-बार एक ही बात पूंछना, अपना सामान बार-बार खो देना, बहुत परिचित रास्ते में भी खो जाना वगैरह जैसे कुछ लक्षण शुरुआत में दिखाई दे सकते हैं। दो तिहाई लोगों में मनोवैज्ञानिक समस्याएं भी देखी जा सकती हैं। जैसे बात-बात पर चिड़चिड़ाना, गुस्सा करना और तनाव वगैरह।
जैसे-जैसे रोगी अलजाइमर की मिडिल स्टेज पर पहुंचता है और आगे की स्टेज पर जाता है तो उसे कई तरह के भ्रम होने लगते हैं। रोगी कुछ ऐसी चीज दिखाई देने की बात कह सकता है जो उसके आसपास है ही नहीं, या उसे ऐसा लग सकता है कि उसे किसी ने छुआ है, कुछ सुनाई देना और किसी चीज की खुशबू आना वगैरह।
आखिर क्यों होता है अलजाइमर
अभी तक अल्जाइमर रोग की सही वजह पता नहीं हैं लेकि न कुछ रिसर्चेस के मुताबिक, अल्जाइमर रोग शायद आनुवंशिक असर, लाइफ स्टाइल और दिमाग को प्रभावित करने वाले आसपास के फैक्टर की वजह से होता है।
कुछ विशेषज्ञों का मानना है कि उम्र के साथ हमारे मस्तिष्क की कुछ कोशिकाएं नष्ट हो जाती हैं या संदेश पहुंचने में गड़बड़ी होने लगती है। अगर आपके परिवार में किसी को ये बीमारी है तो आपको ये रोग होने की संभावन बढ़ जाती है। इसके अलावा डायबिटीज, हृदय रोग, मोटापा और सिर में चोट के इतिहास वाले लोगों में ये बीमारी होने का खतरा ज्यादा रहता है। हालांकिी इस बीमारी में उम्र सबसे बड़ा रिस्क फैक्टर है। ये बीमारी ज्यादातर 60 की उम्र पार कर चुके लोगों को होती है। कम उम्र में भी आप अलजाइमर के शिकार हो सकते हैं। 80 साल की उम्र तक पहुंचते-पहुंचते छह में से एक व्यक्तिा में ये बीमारी देखी जा सकती है।
अलजाइमर का पता शुरुआती दिनों में चल जाए तो बेहतर रहता है। अगर अलजाइमर का शक हो तो स्पेशलिस्ट डॉक्टर से मिलें। वह मरीज से बातचीत करके अंदाजा लगा सकता है। इसके बाद मरीज को सीटी स्कैन, एमआरआई और पीईटी जैसे टेस्ट करवाने पड़ सकते हैं।
अलजाइमर को एक लाइलाज बीमारी माना जाता है। अगर आप रिस्क फैक्टर में आते हैं तो बचाव के लिए यहां दिए उपाय किए जा सकते हैं।
1. अपने वज़न का नियंत्रण, पौष्टिक भोजन लें, अच्छी मात्रा में ताज़े फल और सब्जी खाएं।
2. नियमित व्यायाम करें।
3. मानसिक रूप से सक्रिय रहें, कुछ नया सीखें और नए शौक विकसित करें।
4. उचित कदम लेकर हृदय रोग की संभावना कम करें।
5. मेल-जोल बढ़ाएं, दोस्त बनाएं और खुश रहें।
6. मैडीटेरेनियन आहार (मछली, जैतून का तेल, प्रचुर मात्र में सब्जियां) लेने से अलजाइमर के लक्षणों को कंट्रोल किया जा सकता है।
7. हल्दी में मिलने वाले करक्यूमिन को नैनोतकनीक से नैनो-पार्टिकल में एनकैप्सूलेट कर अल्जाइमर का प्रभावी इलाज में मददगार हो सकते हैं।
8. 40 की आयु पार कर जाने के बाद अपने भोजन में बादाम, टमाटर, मछली आदि को नियमित रूप से शामिल करना चाहिए।
योग एक ऐसा माध्यम है जिसे निरंतर करने से इस बीमारी का हल निकाला जा सकता है। एक्सपर्टों का कहना है कि इस बीमारी को शुरुआत में पता लगते ही व्यायाम करना शुरू कर देना चाहिए। इतना ही नहीं निरंतर योग करने से याद्दाश्त भी बढ़ती है। इसलिए अलजाइमर के पीड़ितों को रोजाना 20 से 25 मिनट योगा करना चाहिए।
Dear sir, I am a 46 years old guy. I am jobless for quite some time. I find myself thinking. Too.much about my past or future and neglect. My present. I mean to say I am over thinking. How do I reduce the number of thoughts or over thinking. I would not prefer meditation as I have no interest doing it. I would prefer homeopathic medicine. Rgds, Monty.
ÏCerebral Palsy (CG) is a neurological disorder caused by an injury to the brain or a brain malformation that occurs while the child’s brain is still developing – in the mother’s womb before birth, during birth, or immediately after birth.
This disorder affects the child’s movement and muscle coordination and control. It also affects his:
- Motor skills and
- Oral motor functions
In easy to understand language, CG can impact the child’s ability to walk, talk, sit, do simple tasks like eating, combing hair, talking, and other activities we take for granted. The physical impairment caused by cerebral palsy can affect all limbs, the face and head, or it may just affect one limb. Since CG affects muscles and a child’s ability to control them, common symptoms include muscles that contract too much, too little, or all at the same time, leading to limbs that are stiff and forced into awkward positions. Other complications also arise such as intellectual impairment, seizures, or vision/ hearing and speech impairment.
How does Speech Therapy help?
Speech problems affect more than half of all children with cerebral palsy as they have difficulty controlling the muscles in their face, throat, neck and head. Apart from speaking, this also affects chewing and swallowing. It can also cause drooling and the ability to learn, difficulty hearing and understanding spoken language.
This is where speech and language therapy comes in. Speech therapy improves a child’s speech and communication by strengthening the muscles used for speech. It also improves understanding of speech and language as well as help with swallowing disorders, like dysphagia.
Speech therapy helps exponentially as when children improve their speech and communication, they are able to express their needs, share their thoughts and interact with others, leading to an overall improvement in their overall quality of life.
Speech therapy can help with the following:
- Articulation of words
- Sound and word formation
- Language and vocabulary development
- Breath control
- Speech muscle coordination
Apart from this, the other primary benefits are boosting self esteem, socialization, independence and reducing shyness.
Exercises used in Speech Therapy
Speech therapy treatment usually consists of exercises tailored to a child’s specific needs. Different exercises are used in speech therapy like:
- Articulation therapy: The therapist uses language cards to help focus attention on specific sounds to encourage the child to make sounds while looking in the mirror to help him understand how his mouth moves.
- Blowing exercises: The therapist encourages the child to blow bubbles or a whistle to train the mouth muscles to produce sounds.
- Breathing exercises: Work is exclusively on inhalation and exhalation to strengthen the diaphragm.
- Jaw exercises: The child is encouraged to eat foods that require extra chewing to strengthen jaw muscles.
- Language and word association: The therapist uses flashcards with different words and sounds written on them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Speech Therapist.