Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr.Seshiah & Balaji Diabetes CentreYour feedback matters!
The presence of high sugar content in the blood over a long period of time indicates diabetes or diabetes mellitus. This condition is characterized by frequent urination and an increased appetite and thirst. It is a metabolic disease which occurs when the pancreas stop producing sufficient amounts of insulin. Diabetes may lead to several other health conditions in a person too.
Homeopathy is considered to be an effective medicine for the treatment of diabetes. It is a trusted branch of medical science, which works naturally without having any side effects on the body. Here are the best homeopathic medicines used for treating diabetes, along with the conditions when they are used:
Abroma Augusta: This is an ideal homeopathic medicine used for treating diabetes where there is flesh loss and weakness. In some types of diabetes, a patient tends to lose flesh and feels extremely weak. The patient suffers from increased thirst and experiences mouth dryness. Increased appetite and frequent urination are also felt. After urination, the patient gets fatigued. This medicine also treats sleeplessness in diabetic patients, as well as skin problems such as carbuncles, burning sensation and boils due to diabetes.
Phosphorus: This is an efficient homeopathic medicine to treat diabetes where the patient experiences vision weakness. This medicine is used depending on the primary symptoms only and gives relief to patients who experience difficulty with vision because of diabetes.
Syzygium Jambolanum: This is another efficient homeopathic medicine, which is used to treat diabetic patients, especially for the reduction of sugar levels. It also addresses problems like excessive thirst and urge for urination. Long standing ulcers in diabetic patients are effectively cured by this medicine as well.
Phosphoric Acid: This is an ideal homeopathic medicine for treating extreme weakness in a diabetic patient. The weakness may be mental or physical and the patient may feel very exhausted all the time, and develop a weak memory or become forgetful. The patient also might remain depressed and feel numbness in the feet.
Gymnema Sylvestre:This is a great natural homeopathic medicine used in the treatment of diabetes mellitus. It is used when a diabetic patient loses weight and feels great exhaustion and weakness in general. In many patients, this medicine treats these symptoms and also improves general health. The patient gains weight, and energy levels are revived.
Diabetes is a serious health condition, which may slowly lead to several other health complications. But with homeopathy, the underlying cause of the condition is treated in a safe manner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Nothing in the world can be more precious and valuable than holding and cuddling your baby for the first time. For most, pregnancy and parenthood gives a new dimension to their lives. It completes their family. People wait with bated breath for the beautiful phase to unfold. However, of late, infertility has been on the rise. As per a survey, 1 in every 1000, suffers from infertility issues. Infertility in males, as well as females, can be triggered by factors such as stress (personal or professional), unhealthy and sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy food habits, obesity, medical complications.
Medical assistance and treatments are available, but some of the treatments are way too expensive or have harmful and undesirable side effects. In this regard, homeopathy comes as a much-needed blessing. It is natural and has negligible or no side effects. Furthermore, most of the homeopathic medications are affordable, leaving you with only a small pinch in the pocket.
The first step in homeopathic treatment is identifying the root cause of infertility. In males, infertility can be due to
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Low semen count.
- Sexually transmitted infections like gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- Small testes or testicular injury.
- Abnormal or premature ejaculation.
- Obstruction in Vas deferens (Ejaculatory duct).
- Varicocele, Prostatitis.
Female infertility may be due to
- Thyroid problems.
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), Endometriosis.
- Hormonal imbalance and irregular periods.
- Uterine fibroid.
- STD's like gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- Blocked fallopian tube.
- Uterine (cervix) abnormality.
Certain lifestyle habits and environmental factors also contribute towards male and female infertility.
Homeopathy to treat male infertility:
Some of the homeopathic medicines work wonders to improve male infertility.
- Caladium Seguinum: Erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation can be effectively treated with Caladium Seguinum (American Arum). In some men, erectile dysfunction results in pruritus (severe itching) in the genital organs. Caladium is the best bet to deal with pruritus.
- Agnus Castus (Chaste Tree): Agnus Castus is used to treat both male and female infertility. Men with erectile dysfunction, low libido, and low sperm count benefit immensely from this medicine. This medicine is a blessing for women with menstrual problems (irregular periods, heavy or scanty periods).
- Lycopodium Clavatum (Wolf's Foot): Men with serious erectile dysfunction (due to stress, anxiety) benefit from this medicine.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This medicine is helpful for men with a high libido but premature ejaculation.
- Conium: Conium is used to treat low libido and weak erections in men.
Homeopathy to treat female infertility:
- Pulsatilla: This homeopathic medicine comes as a relief for females who have infertility due to PCOD and irregular periods.
- Sepia: Infertility resulting from menstrual problems (scanty and short periods) can be successfully treated with Sepia. It is also helpful in case of women with hypoactive sexual desire.
- Natrum Carb: This homeopathic medicine is used to treat women who are unable to retain the sperm.
- Aletris Farinosa: This medicine is used to treat infertility triggered by heavy periods.
Though effective, these medicines should not be used without medical prescription and recommendation. Self-medication will do more harm than good.
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories:
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- One blocked and one open fallopian tube
- Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include:
- STDs such as chlamydia trachomatis and neisseria gonorrhea
- Adhesions caused by ruptured ovarian cysts
- Peritonitis and
- A history of ectopic pregnancies
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however does not say much about tubal scarring.
- Laparoscopy: A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types.
- Surgery: This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. She may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
- In Vitro Fertilization(IVF): Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid.
In large number of cases of tubal scarring tubes would be open on tubal testing. However, it may not be working well or is functional. A lot of women with so called unexplained infertility may actually have tubal scarring or non functional tubes as the cause of Infertility. IVF is the best treatment option in such cases as it would bypass the work of the tubes completely.
Previously my blood sugar (fasting) use to be around 90 mark but this time it is around 104, should I do something. please help me for that
Take homoeopathy and put your diabetes under control.
Homoeopathy works miracle which can drop down insulin level or help the patients to get rid of a numerous medicines you are taking in order to put your diabetes under control.
- For proper treatment it needs a thorough case analysis to prescribe correct medicines but still I am sharing some medicines which probes very significant in decreasing the blood sugar level effectively.
- Apart from medicines some lifestyle management is necessary which I can suggest on demand through consultations.
- Medicines effective for controlling diabetes are as follows:
- Abroma augusta: one of the best homeopathic medicines for diabetes with loss of flesh and weakness
Abroma augusta is the top natural homeopathic medicine to treat diabetes mellitus. Its use is highly recommended in those patients who are losing flesh and suffer from extreme weakness due to diabetes mellitus. The patients who can greatly benefit from this homeopathic medicine have an increased thirst with dryness of mouth. They also have an increased appetite and the urination is very frequent day and night. Excessive weakness is felt after urination. Homeopathic medicine abroma augusta is also of great help in treating sleeplessness in a person with diabetes. Another sphere in which this homeopathic remedy yields good results is skin complaints like boils and carbuncles in a diabetic patient. Burning sensation in the whole body is a prominent general symptom that can be found in persons requiring abroma augusta.
Phosphorus- one of the best homeopathic medicines for diabetes with weakness in vision
Phosphorus is a natural homeopathic medicine of great help for treating diabetes mellitus, though its use depends completely on the constitutional symptoms of the patient. Homeopathic medicine phosphorus is a remedy of great help for weakness of vision in a diabetic patient.
Syzygium jambolanum: top homeopathic medicines for reducing sugar levels
Syzygium jambolanum is among the best natural homeopathic remedies for the treatment of diabetes mellitus. It acts promptly and efficiently in decreasing the sugar levels. Excessive thirst and excessive urination are always present in the patient. Homeopathic medicine syzygium jambolanum also gives wonderful results in treatment of long-standing ulcers in a diabetic patient.
Phosphoric acid: one of the homeopathic medicines for diabetes with extreme weakness
Phosphoric acid is an excellent natural homeopathic remedy for extreme weakness, either mental or physical, in a diabetic patient. Such patients feel exhausted all the time. They have a weak memory and are forgetful. Some sort of history of grief may be found in patients requiring this homeopathic medicine. For numbness of feet in patients of diabetes mellitus, phosphoric acid is the best homeopathic remedy.
Gymnema sylvestre: homeopathic treatment for diabetes mellitus with weight loss
Gymnema sylvestre is a natural homeopathic medicine of great help for patients of diabetes mellitus who are losing weight with weakness and exhaustion. In such patients, this homeopathic remedy works as a tonic resulting in improvement of overall health. With homeopathic medicine gymnema sylvestre, the patient puts on weight and feels energetic.
My cousin BP measured 150/100 Doctor advised some tests After blood test doctor found he have Hypothyroidism Does hypothyroidism can cause high BP? Doctor started Thyroxine tablet 50 mg. please help me
Diabetes is often considered as deadly as cancer. It is a disease that requires lifestyle changes and diet modifications. It is also a disease that affects almost the entire system of your body. Whether you have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, it will do you a world of good to understand the effects of diabetes. Neurovascular damage is one of the most common effects, this means that diabetes will affect the nerves and blood supply of the body.
While Type 1 diabetes makes its presence felt much earlier and is hereditary quite often, Type 2 appears later in life with age and cumulative stress. The effects of diabetes are related to the duration of the disease. Therefore, people with Type 1 diabetes are more likely to have the symptoms early on and need to learn to manage them. Type 2 makes its appearance later, but needs good monitoring for the effects to not surface or prolong the severity of symptoms.
As we all know, all body systems are affected by diabetes, sexual health is no exception. Diabetes decreases blood supply and impacts the nerves in the genitals, thus causing a series of issues right from reduced libido and erectile dysfunction in males to vaginal dryness and painful coitus (perunia) in females.
Listed below are issues diabetic men and women face in terms of sexual health:
- Diabetes reduces testosterone levels, which is directly reflected in reduced libido. Altered nerve function does not provide proper signals to the penis and there is also reduced blood flow to the organ. Both these can diminish the chances of a good erection. Studies have shown that among men who have had diabetes for 10 years, about 50% have experienced erectile dysfunction.Pregnant
- The affected nerve function also leads to difficulties in reaching a climax. Diabetes in men can additionally cause Peyronie's disease, which leads to a curved penis, and this leads to painful and difficult erections and coitus.
- It leads to reduced sexual desire due to testosterone levels. Vaginal dryness is very common in females with diabetes and therefore, there is a definite decline in the urge.
- The above mentioned neurovascular damage also prevents women from reaching a good climax, as the nerve supply is affected.
- Diabetes also increases the predisposition to urinary tract infections, which can lead to painful sexual experience due to additional vaginal dryness and itching.
Finally, as much as it may sound as a cause for concern, it is not. People with diabetes know that making small lifestyle changes can go a long way in terms of onset of symptoms, their severity, and the leading of a normal life. Modifications in diet and lifestyle to include healthy eating, reduced stress, and exercising are very useful. It is also very important to talk to your doctor about how your sexual health has changed with diabetes. It is a sensitive and private topic, but if you are concerned about it, then do not hesitate to seek help.
Insulin is the most common treatment prescribed for people affected with diabetes. Diabetes is condition where high amounts of glucose prevail in the blood for an extended period of time. However, there are some drugs that offer an alternative to insulin in treating diabetes, which are
- Liraglutide: Liraglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) drug that causes the body to release greater amounts of insulin so as to facilitate the movement of glucose from the blood to the cells. People with type 2 diabetes generally use this treatment. It slows the digestion process and can cause symptoms of headache and nausea.
- Pramlintide: It's an artificially produced version of amylin. It is taken by both type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients, facilitates slower digestion of food and therefore controls release of sugar in the blood. It can cause tiredness and nausea.
- Dulaglutide: This treatment is for people affected with type 2 diabetes and it is administered once a week. It causes more insulin to be released and pass the glucose to the cells. It can cause loss of appetite, nausea and abdominal cramps as side effects.
- Albiglutide: This treatment facilitates pancreas to release insulin and limits the glucagon hormone production. It is used by type 2 diabetes patients who have not taken well to other treatments. The side effects are skin reaction, respiratory tract infection and nausea.
- Exenatide: It is a drug that causes pancreas to release insulin that facilitates movement of glucose to cells. It is a treatment for type 2 diabetes and it restricts release of glucagon in the body. The possible side effects are acidity, constipation and vomiting.
My father underwent blood test few days back. He is hypertensive and on AMTAS AT and telmikind. He was on orofer xt. The report shows low hematocrit and high cRP. I am specifically worried about elevated c reactive protein. Kindly guide what does it mean.
Dear Sir, This is my thyroid reading. What shall I do. What it means. What action shall I take. THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE (TSH) C.L.I.A 14.65 μIU/ml 0.3-5.5.
My wife 55, is taking thyrox50 for thyroid treatment for last 30 months. But for last few years her both the legs have swelled up and no pain. Will you please tell me what to do. Thanks
Difference in glycomet gp-1 and glycomet 500 what are conditions when glimepiride and metformin to be taken individual or as combination, if sugar in the range of 140 in fasting and 180-200 after lunch can we take glycomet 500 alone.
Dear Dr. My age 32 and I have a thyroid problems from last some years and this month I checked thyroid test. Free T3 :- 3.58, T4:- 1.40, TSH :- 0.080 and last month thyroid test (this test is before period) free T3:- 1.79, T4:- 0.65, TSH :- 13.348 already already underweight like 40 kg and currently my weight is continuously loss like my today's weight is 39 kg. I am afraid all this things happens with me. My diet is okay. For menstrual problems I eat Dr. prescribe me tablets for 5 days. I have so many problems like body heck, joint pains, skin diseases, too much hair loss fever n cold. Also my sonography report comes :- the endometrial thickness is increased 12.1 mm Both ovaries are bulky in nature. Multiple follicles are arranged in the periphery of the ovary with echogenic stroma is seen in the centre. Finding suggestive of polycystic ovarian diseases. Dr. Gave me throxin 50 mg tablet am empty stomach. I eat regular but my above problem yet not solve even my weight is continuously loss. Before 3 months my weight is 46 kg and today 39. Kindly suggest me am so afraid.
IVF or In vitro fertilization is a form of fertility treatment where the sperm and egg is combined, in a laboratory. IVF is one of the most common fertility treatment procedures, which involves high technology and are undertaken by many couples all over the world. If you have ovulation problems or problems with the quality of egg and blocked fallopian tubes or in case your male partner has low sperm count or high mortality, you can undertake IVF to become pregnant.
The process of IVF involves the following steps and methods:
- Ovarian stimulation: Before your menstrual cycle begins, you should take a gonadotrophin. This is a fertility drug which will stimulate your ovaries for development of multiple, mature eggs for fertilization process. Taking synthetic hormones like cetrorelix and leuprolide also help in ovaries stimulation.
- Development of follicle: You must visit your doctor frequently while having the medicines for a checkup of your blood hormone levels. Getting an ultrasound done for regularly measuring your ovaries is also very important. This will allow your doctor to monitor the development of follicles.
- Trigger shot: You will be given a trigger shot injection after the follicles are ready. This injection causes full maturation of the eggs and makes them ready to get fertilized. The eggs can be triggered after 36 hours of trigger shots.
- Gathering of the eggs: You will be given an anesthetic by the doctor and an ultrasound probe will be inserted through your vagina for observing the ovaries and follicles. A thin needle is inserted through the vaginal wall and the eggs are removed from the follicles.
- Fertilization: Your eggs will be observed once more before being combined with your partner's sperm and being incubated overnight. Fertilization occurs during this time and abnormal eggs are not fertilized. Three days after the eggs are retrieved, some of the successfully fertilized eggs turn into embryos made up of six to ten cells. After five days, some of these embryos become blastocysts made of fluid-filled cavities and tissue, which begin to develop and separate into the baby and the placenta.
- The most viable embryos are selected to be placed in your uterus. The doctor places one to five embryos in your uterus by the insertion of a thin tube or catheter through the cervix. The embryo implants in the walls of the uterus and slowly develops into a baby. The chances of pregnancy are higher in case of multiple embryos.
IVF is a successful and quite a common fertilization process. It is an old procedure used and has been in use for a very long time. The track record of IVF is impressive and more improved techniques are being developed every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.