Doctor in Dr Mohan's Diabetes Specialities Centre
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr Mohan's Diabetes Specialities CentreYour feedback matters!
Dietary Tips For Diabetes Patient:
1 eat large amount of leafy vegetables.
2 avoid mango, sapota, grapes, banana.
3 don't skip breakfast.
4 take salad sprout regularly in diet.
5 avoid potato, sweets and fried foods.
6 avoid red meat.
7 stop smoking and drinking.
My sugar level is 118 fasting, 160 pp and 5.8 Hb1ac. I am taking one tablet of PIOZ 7.5 mf. Since last two years. Please advise for revise treatment.
I am 65 years old and having diabetes 250-350 from past 15 days. Even After having all medications it reduce to very minimal level say 20 or 25. What should I do.
I've diabetics and taking one tablet of tenepam M everyday. HbA1c level came down from 8.9% to 8.0% in one month and since then maintaining fasting sugar below 95 mm/dl by regular exercise and medication. Kindly advice how long it will take to lower HbA1c level to below 7.2 %.
Greetings Doctors! My wife was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism two years back. We have been taking allopathy since last 24 months and she has been on. "Neomercazole" tabs. Last visit our doctors suggested to decrease the dosage and slowly withdraw the medicine. But still she has been experiencing few syomtoms. We were referred to Nuclear medicine department and now we were given few glimpses of further treatment which may include Radio Iodine treatment. We are yet to complete the family (kids). Pls suggest what we should do.
Diabulimia is a type of eating disorder in which patients of Type 1 diabetes intake less amount of insulin purposely, in order to lose weight. This disorder, however, is not a formal diagnosis. The disorder may be defined as disturbed eating behavior.
Our body requires insulin for moving glucose from the blood to the cells. In type 1 diabetes patients, the pancreas stop producing insulin and glucose gets stored in our bloodstream. This causes extra stress on the kidney in getting rid of excess of sugar. The body gets devoid of glucose and the calories associated with it and a rapid loss in weight occurs. Patients develop binge eating, with more emphasis on sugar and carbohydrate enriched foods. The excess sugar gets out of the body by urinating.
The symptoms of this disease are:
Health hazards of Diabulimia
- Diabulimia can cause a great amount of permanent effects on the body, irrespective of age.
- Patients with diabulimia have a risk of getting early comorbidities.
- Health issues similar to issues arising from diabetes are observed, but are more adverse in nature.
- Dehydration happens along with excess urination.
- The patient experiences fatigue and the level of concentration falls down.
- An electrolyte disbalance is caused.
- There may be risk of heart attack, stroke, retinopathy, neuropathy, gastroparesis.
- Vascular disorders, gum infections and infertility in women may also occur.
- In the most extreme cases, death occurs.
It has been proven by research that almost 30% of type 1 diabetes patients are the ones who abstain from or avoid using insulin in order to lose weight. This habit leads to the risk of many other fatal diseases which may be permanent in nature. Dibulimia is more common among teenage girls who suffer from type 1 diabetes and are generally obsessed with body image. Diabulimia is an eating disorder which leaves a patient at risk of acquiring many other severe diseases. It is advised not to neglect your insulin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi Sir, I am 17 years old girl and my tsh level is diagnosed 7.14 now. I have been taking thyronorm 25 mcg for last one year. Initially it was 6.9 my weight is also increasing very fast. Should I increase the dosage?
The thyroid disease is increasing rapidly in India and this is creating an alarming situation. According to the Indian express over 30% of Indians suffer from thyroid disorders. This makes it a possibility that every third Indian is suffering from this disease. As there are many ways to cure the disease but surgery is an effective way to cure the disease.
What is thyroid?
It is a small gland located below the voice box at the front end of the neck. The function of the thyroid gland is to produce hormones that release through the blood in the body. Thyroid is good for maintaining the metabolism of the body. It also helps in the proper functioning of the organs. The problem occurs when thyroid starts to produce hormones in excess.
Due to this excessive production body faces many changes such as swelling and growth of nodules. For treatment of this disease, thyroid surgery is necessary. In thyroid surgery, the whole or portion of the thyroid gland is removed.
There are multiple reasons why surgery is required to cure thyroid such as
- Presence of nodules on the thyroid gland: The growth of nodules are the reason why surgery should be preferred as some nodules can be gentle but in some cases, these nodules can be very dangerous as nodules can be cancerous. And, these nodules help in the overproduction of the hormones. As these nodules, if not removed can become large enough that they hinder the functioning of the throat. So surgery is a good option as nodule is removed so the cause of the problem is eliminated by it.
- Hyperthyroidism: The second reason is Hyperthyroidism. As it can be cured by the surgery. Hyperthyroidism is caused by the Grave's disease. What it does is that it interrupts the functioning of the body. The body attacks the thyroid glands by the antidotes. Which intensify the production of hormones, which causes overproduction. Therefore, surgery is the most suitable option.
- Swelling and enlargement: As due the excess of hormones. The swelling is caused in the throat this disrupts the functioning of throat and throat gets blocked due to swelling. It effects the speaking, breathing and eating . This swelling and enlargement is called goiter. This goiter can be removed through surgery. As medicine takes a lot of time to heal the swelling.
Moreover apart from things mentioned above surgery is the most suitable way to cure thyroid it takes less time than the medication. The type of the surgery depends on the nature of your thyroid.
Not everyone can conceive a baby easily. The inability to conceive a baby despite having intercourse during the fertile window in a woman’s menstrual cycle for over a year is termed as infertility. Infertility does not affect only the physical health of a woman, but also her mental and emotional well-being as well as the couple’s social health.
In some cases, infertility can be treated with Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, a couple needs to be both physically and mentally strong and healthy. Ayurveda believes that a lack of nutrition in the shukra dhatu or the person’s reproductive tissue is the cause of infertility. This can be triggered by indigestion, anxiety, depression, insomnia and the presence of toxins in the body. Some of the ways ayurveda can be used to treat infertility are as follows:
- Eat cool foods: Spicy food can affect the quality of shukra dhatu and lower the quality and quantity of both sperm and ovum. This is because shukra dhatu requires a cool environment to promote fertility. Hence, eat food that is easy to digest and which has a cooling effect on the body. Men can benefit from foods like asparagus, dates and almonds, while foods like quinoa and pineapples can help a woman conceive easily.
- Shirodhara therapy: Shirodhara involves the movement of liquid over the forehead in a rhythmic manner at specific points. This stimulates the hypothalamus, pituitary and pineal glands and aids in the secretion of hormones including follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). When it comes to women, FSH stimulates the ovarian follicles into releasing an egg without which it would be impossible to conceive a child.
- Fight stress: One of the effects of stress is reduced libido. Prolonged exposure to stress is often a major factor that contributes to infertility. When it comes to women, stress makes a woman ovulate less regularly. In men, stress can affect the sperm production and affect testosterone levels. To fight stress, try deep breathing exercises like alom vilom or keep a little time aside each morning for a walk or light exercise.
- Lodhra: This herb is very beneficial in treating women with infertility. It stimulates FSH and luteinising hormones (LH) and lowers the risk of a miscarriage. It also increases chances of conception. Lodhra should be taken twice a day along with honey and milk.
- Lifestyle changes: Ayurveda is not only about herbal medicines but also following the right lifestyle. Bad habits like smoking, drug usage and alcohol not only affect a person’s overall health but also interfere with fertility. Hence, when trying to conceive a child, quit these bad habits and try following a healthier lifestyle that involves following a routine, eating right and exercising regularly.
Hypothyroidism is a condition called deficiency of thyroid hormone. The main duty of thyroid hormone is to rmaintain the metabolism of the body. Hence, the person affected by it will experience slow metabolism. Hypo means underactive, which means the lack of thyroid hormones in the body.
Types of Hypothyroidism
This happens when the functioning thyroid gland fail to produce T3 and T4. As a result, pituitary gland releases Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH). This helps in producing T3 and T4 hormones. This cause is termed as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
- Primary Hypothyroidism is the deficiency of thyroid hormones due to inadequate production.
- Secondary Hypothyroidism is deficiency of thyroid hormones due to inadequate stimulation of the thyroid gland through pituitary gland.
Causes of Hypothyroidism
- Deficiency of Iron
- Viral infections or other respiratory disorders
- Certain medicines such as lithium that is used to treat psychiatric
- Radiation therapy for some cancers
- Treating hyperthyroidism with anti-thyroid medicine
- An underactive thyroid gland by birth
- The hypothyroidism during pregnancy.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
- Weight gain
- Dry, rough pale skin
- Coarse, dry hair
- Hair loss
- Muscle cramps and muscle aches
- Cold intolerance
- Memory loss
- Abnormal menstrual cycles
- Decreased libido
Homeopathy Treatment for Hypothyroidism
Homeopathy medicines are always known for treating the disease permanently and same way the medicine performs here too. The disease could be treated through different medicines in homeopathy. Choosing or prescribing the right medicine depends on the cause of the disease and its effect.
Here is the list of homeopathy medicines that helps in eradicating the effectiveness of the disease completely.
- Calcarea Carbonica
- Sepia Officinalis
- Lycopodium Clavatum
- Nux Vomica
- Iodum treats hypothyroidism. The person is emaciated
- Thymusinum - treatment of stunted conditions in children
- Bromum treats goiter
- Lapis albus treats hyperthyroidism and goiter
- Natrum muriaticum treats an under active gland
However, these are just the names of the medicines, which should not be taken without prior approval from a homeopathy doctor, as the dosage and frequency of the medicine will be decided by the doctor based on the patient's condition and symptoms.