Doctors in CMC Hospital
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Depression
Submit a review for CMC HospitalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from chickenpox from a week. Now it feels little better. Is it ok going swimming with friends now?
I have dry cough and sometimes vomiting with high dry cough. Dr. Suggest me zady 500 tablet. Is it useful. Actually before some day I have cough but suddenly it convert into dry cough.
In 2 month of pregnancy .How much intake of folic acid in a day, gynecologist advised only 2 mcg daily. And HB 11gm. Please advised me for folic acid and iron daily dose.
Facing issue in premature ejaculation which trying to insert penis at the time of intercourse. Search Google but start stop technique is not working. Any suggestions will helpful.
I have pain and stiffness in my buttocks It's intensity keep changing. Usually it is more in the morning. Is it related to back problem or something else. What can be the reason How I can get rid of that? Please tell me.
Hello doctor, My Name is Ritika Parmar I'm having dark spots and dark circles please tell me how can I reduce them in just 1 week. Thank you.
Doctor, After how many missed days of period should I check the pregnancy tests? Urine or blood test is better? Which test is better to do? Please guide me!
Causes of depression:
Depression is a very common condition. The who estimates that 10-15 percent of the population suffers from it. Females are twice as much prone to depression then males.
What causes depression?
There are many reasons, the common ones are
- genetics: Multiple genes rather than one are implicated. People with a family history i. E parents, close relatives or siblings with depression increase one's vulnerability to depression.
- brain chemistry: Various neurochemicals incl. Serotonin, norepinephrine, dopamine etc are involved. Antidepressants act by correcting these neurochemical imbalances.
- stressful life events: These increase one's vulnerability. Stress leads to increased cortisol levels which in turn increases the risk.
- hormonal imbalance: Various hormonal imbalances eg hypothyroidism, hypercortisolism, female hormonal imbalances cause depression. Perhaps that is one of the reasons for females to be more prone eg around periods, pregnancy and childbirth, perimenopausal states etc.
- personality: People who are shy, anxious, perfectionist, introverted are more prone to depression.
- nutritional deficiencies: Vitamin deficiencies like vitamin d and particularly omega 3 fatty acid deficiencies increase the risk of depression.
- drugs and alcohol: Eg marijuana use, alcoholism.
- medications: Eg beta blockers, steroids
- stressful life events: Eg stress at work, in interpersonal/family life and especially an unhappy childhood increase the risk of depression.