Dr. Neena Luthra is a distinguished Dietitian/Nutritionist in Chandigarh who has an experience of 22 years in treating patients with care and compassion. She has done B.Sc. (Home Science) from Punjab University in 1995, M.Sc (Dietetics /Nutrition) from Kurukshetra University in 1999 and a P.G. Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics from Govt. Home Science College, Chandigarh in 1996. She has been a Dietician at Govt. Medical College Hospital, Chandigarh and Dietician at ‘Get Fit with Neena’. She is a professional member of India Dietetics Association and Indian Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition.
Dr. Neena Luthra is valued for providing services like Weight Management, Aromatherapy treatment, Diet Therapy treatment, Weight Loss treatment, Nutrition Assessment Service, Customised Diet Chart, Child Nutrition Management, Allergy Tests, Diabetic Diet Counselling, treatment of Food Infection, Immunity Therapy treatment, Slimming treatment, Sports Nutrition, Ketogenic Diet treatment, Therapeutic Diets treatment, Asthma treatment and Management, Food Plan Preparation and Guidance Lifestyle. Dr. Neena Luthra is available at Nutrisolution-the Diet Clinic, House No. 1582, Sector 18D, Chandigarh.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Neena LuthraYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
During the treatment, my Dt.Neena Luthra supported me a lot. I consulted a number of specialists but herdiet charts were the best. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. Never once that I felt that she is getting impatient, rathershe has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. Many people gave very positive feedback for therDt.Neena Luthra. Neena Luthra is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. Thanks to herI am totally satisfied with the results of herdiet chart.
It's been so long, I have lost all hope, but then I met Neena Luthra and I am hopeful again that I will be fine. My previous experiences were not so good, but Neena Luthra has completely changed my opinion as she is very helpful and humble. Over the period of time the diet planning has helped me a lot. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Neena LuthraThe Nutrisolution -The Diet Clinique is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my polycystic ovary synDrome. I consulted a number of specialists but the way she treated me was the bestI owe him her a big thanks for making me fine again. The overall cleanliness in the Nutrisolution -The Diet Clinique was amazing. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. She definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. I was quite depressed due to my condition, but my Neena Luthra guided me to change my attitude.
Initially the symptoms of dihydrofolate reductase were not that severe but then it became worse. The interior of the Nutrisolution -The Diet Clinique was no nicely done, it was so clean. I am so happy that I chose this Neena Luthra for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. Everything was just spick and span in the Nutrisolution -The Diet Clinique. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I was quite impressed with Neena Luthra concept of holistic healing.
I was suffering from obesity due to which I was quite worried. I consulted Dr Neena. she is one of the best Dietician in city. Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results of my slimming treatment. Many people gave very positive feedback for her.I also had a great experience with her and the overall treatment she provided, benefitted me to great extent.
The fat I had was severe and unmanageable,I was not able to lose weight, but Dr Neena Luthra was able to handle it. I am so much benefitted with her lose weight treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. Someone from the office, referred us to her. She is a very nice doctor.
I had eating disorder due to anorexia. I was very panicked as i needed a good diet and did not know where to go. Then i consulted dr Neena Luthra at her clinic Nutrisolution -The Diet Clinique in chandigarh. She did wonders to my health. She does magic!!!
Thanks to Dr Neena for the best diet chart. I was han vitamin D and vitamin B12 deficiency due to which I was facing some problems like hairfall. But she helped me alot to overcome with this problem.
Very Good And Positive Experience
It is often believed that eggs tend to heat up your stomach and, hence, should be avoided as much as possible. People believe that eating eggs during the hot summer months can lead to detrimental health effects. One of the reasons attributed to this belief is that eggs contain copious amounts of cholesterol, which can generate tremendous amounts of body heat.
However, contrary to popular belief, eggs do not heat up your system and perfectly safe for consumption during the season of some summer.
Having eggs for breakfast helps you with the following:
1. Cholesterol Factor - To be precise, a single egg provides 212 mg of cholesterol out of the recommended 300 mg. However, cholesterol in your diet does not raise the cholesterol levels in your blood. This happens because the liver produces a high quantity of cholesterol each day, and when you eat more eggs causing your cholesterol levels to rise, the liver starts producing less of it. In fact, a study found that eggs didn't raise cholesterol in 70% of its test subjects.
2. Provides Choline - Choline is a substance, which is required by the body to build cell membranes and to perform a horde of other functions like liver function, brain development, nerve, and muscle function. Lack of choline could lead to disruption of these functions. Whole eggs contain more than 100 mg of this less known nutrient, and therefore, should be a part of your diet.
3. Contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin - One of the gradual symptoms of aging is worsening eyesight. There are many types of nutrients that help in countering this degenerative process. Two such nutrients are lutein and zeaxanthin, which eggs are rich in. These two antioxidants help to build up the retina of the eye. Moreover, they also help in preventing eyesight conditions like cataracts and macular degeneration. Eggs are also rich in Vitamin A, the lack of which is the most common cause of blindness worldwide.
4. Reduces Risk of Stroke - For many decades, eggs have been unfairly criticized. A popular misbelief was that high cholesterol in eggs made them a cause for cardiac problems. In a review, which accounted for 17 studies and a total of 263,938 participants, no associations were found between eggs and heart diseases. Eggs are also highly filling and help to lose weight to a certain extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Potassium is an essential mineral which is known as an electrolyte. Electrolytes are responsible for maintaining the ionic balance of your body. Other electrolytes are sodium, calcium, magnesium, phosphate, chloride. These electrolytes bear an electric charge which manages the electrical activity of your health system. Potassium also helps the muscles of the body to function properly. In fact, it has its contribution in regulating blood pressure; a crucial role for a healthy heart.
Potassium deficiency is a kind of medical condition which is known as hypokalemia. The normal level of potassium in the human body should be in between 3.5-5.0 mmol/L. But the deficiency in potassium can cause severe problems including muscle weakness, nerve disorders, heart problems, etc. Kidney is the organ which is known to manage the potassium balance by removing the extra potassium through urine.
Causes of potassium deficiency:
- Lack of potassium in diet
- Too much sweating
- Several medicines also cause potassium deficiency
Signs of potassium deficiency:
- You are getting wiped out too often: Like it is discussed before that potassium is responsible for your muscles to work actively. Each and every cell needs the required amount of potassium to work effectively. So, a little deficiency of potassium can leave you exhausted throughout the day. If your normal working routine leaves you exhausted and if you are sweating too often, then there is a chance that you are suffering from hypokalemia.
- High blood pressure: Potassium plays an important role in maintaining the blood pressure by helping in relaxing the blood vessels. Low potassium can cause the blood vessels to get constricted, due to which your blood pressure increases.
- Muscle weakness: Potassium plays a significant role in building the strength of your muscles. Lack of potassium can easily cause muscle weakness, aches and spasms.
- Irregular heartbeat: Anything regarding your heart problem can scare you badly; especially when you experience sudden skipped heart rate or when your heart rate doubles. Low potassium can cause such palpitations and skipped heartbeat.
- Feeling dizzy: Lack of potassium in your body can slow down your heart rate and make you feel dizzy or you may feel that you are going to faint. Though many other medical conditions can be responsible for such symptoms but hypokalemia is one of them.
- Constipation: Potassium deficiency can affect your overall health. You might encounter symptoms like bloating, abdominal cramping etc.
- Numbness and tingling: Potassium is significant in keeping your nerves healthy. Potassium deficiency can make you experience numbness, needle sensations on your feet, wrist, etc.
These are the signs that people encounter when they suffer from hypokalemia. Hypokalemia can make you feel extremely sick and it causes several diseases which are discussed above. It is always advisable to visit a doctor when you encounter any of these above mentioned symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Here are 10 more tips to lose weight even faster:
- Eat a high-protein breakfast. Eating a high-protein breakfast has been shown to reduce cravings and calorie intake throughout the day.
- Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice. These are the most fattening things you can put into your body, and avoiding them can help you lose weight.
- Drink water a half hour before meals. One study showed that drinking water a half hour before meals increased weight loss by 44% over 3 months.
- Choose weight loss-friendly foods. Certain foods are very useful for losing fat.
- Eat soluble fiber. Studies show that soluble fibers may reduce fat, especially in the belly area. Fiber supplements like glucomannan can also help.
- Drink coffee or tea. If you’re a coffee or a tea drinker, then drink as much as you want as the caffeine in them can boost your metabolism by 3-11%.
- Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods. Base most of your diet on whole foods. They are healthier, more filling and much less likely to cause overeating.
- Eat your food slowly. Fast eaters gain more weight over time. Eating slowly makes you feel more full and boosts weight-reducing hormones.
- Use smaller plates. Studies show that people automatically eat less when they use smaller plates. Strange, but it works.
- Get a good night’s sleep, every night. Poor sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for weight gain, so taking care of your sleep is important.