Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Chandigarh. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lakhan Pal
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Neck Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Frozen Shoulder
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Buttock Pain
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Shoulder Injuries
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Lakhan PalYour feedback matters!
Hi Doc, I have a problem in my upper back portion towards in my neckline. This pain I feel probably alltime, where else, I'm doing my work at office, or else m sleeping or watching tv etc. Though its a very nominal pain, but still its very irritating for me to tackle this pain in a regular day activity. What to do?
Hi, I am suffering from ache in my thigh from last 3months. I will got the medicine which is prescribed by a doctor but after 2 weeks the same problem so can you help me with that.
Dear Dr. My age is 39 years. I do walking for about 3 to 4 kms every morning. But since few days I started getting pain in my feet (adi part). Can you please advise me some remedies to get rid of this pain? I also have pain in my knees, which is more painful during sitting and getting up again. Please advise. Thank you.
Am suffering from back pain from the past two months. I works in shifts. Can you please suggest to take preventive steps to reduce my stress.
My mother is 58 years old, she has diabetics and bp. Night time she had severe and unbearable pain in her legs what is the treatment for this problem.
I am 25 male After releasing urine little urine left inside and come out when I sit or move. Is it normal? And please suggest solution?
I usually have pain in legs when I walk for longer period or when I stand for long. Recently I can also feel pain base of my foot (usually when I get up from bed. Can you please advice some calcium medicine which can be taken for lifelong. Also, can you please advise me treatment for this leg pain. Is it due to lack of calcium?
Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition marked by constant flu-like symptoms such as fatigue, headaches, insomnia and joint pains. However, the disease has no visible symptoms. There are also no known causes for the disease. While some believe stress to be a trigger for fibromyalgia, other theories suggest that physical and emotional factors such as a prior illness lead to the onset of this disease. This leads to fibromyalgia patients being often misunderstood and misdiagnosed. Almost 80% of fibromyalgia patients are women. While the disease is not lethal, it can make daily life difficult.
The criteria for fibromyalgia were established only in the late 1900s. In addition, the symptoms of this disease present themselves differently in each patient. This makes diagnosis very difficult.
- Constant pain all over the body is the most common symptom of fibromyalgia.
- You may also feel constantly tired, and unable to get a restful sleep.
- Some fibromyalgia patients also suffer from depression or anxiety and an irritable bowel syndrome.
- Fibromyalgia patients may also feel hyper sensitive to cold or heat, and feel numbness in fingers and toes.
Fibromyalgia has no known cure, and like arthritis, treatment for this disease addresses its symptoms. Most treatment programs include a combination of drugs, physical therapy, and behavioral techniques.
Pain relievers or anti-inflammatory medication and antidepressants are the two types of drugs administered to fibromyalgia patients. However, these should not be counted on as a long-term solution, as the side effects of these medicines can cause additional problems. Therapeutic massages and chiropractic manipulations can also help ease the pain. Along with this, it is also important to rest and relax. This helps reduce stress which often triggers fibromyalgia symptoms.
To get a better night's sleep, try going to bed and getting up at the same time every day. A warm glass of milk or chamomile tea just before bedtime can also help induce sleep. As far as possible, avoid taking sleeping tablets, as the body can soon become dependent on these.
Though you may constantly feel tired, increasing the day to day activity levels can have a positive effect on your health. Consider adding low-intensity activities such as walking, cycling, yoga or dancing to your daily routine. Complement these with a well-balanced, nutritious diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables. If you or a loved one has fibromyalgia, bad days may not be prevented. But with treatment, they can be controlled. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I am getting strain in legs if I stand for 20 mins and getting leg muscles pain if I work hard. What could be the reason.
My mother is 49 years old, she is having shoulder pain from last week. She's complaining that pain is unbearable.
Your knee is a very complex structure consisting of bones, ligaments, cartilage, tendons, muscles and meniscus. Most people encounter knee pain at some point in their lives. If your knee pain is chronic in nature, then it may last for a prolonged period.
Many causes may be responsible for your knee pain. Some of the causes are stated as follows:
1. Your knee is very much prone to injuries. Knee injuries may happen due to accidents, falling down carelessly or while playing sports. The most common knee injuries that may be the cause for your knee pain are mentioned as follows:
- Fractures may cause you to feel pain in the areas of your knee bones.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury (ligament injury caused by twisting and a sudden motion) or Medial Collateral Ligament injury (injury to the tissue in the insides of your knee) is very common to sportspersons and may be the reason for severe knee pain.
- Sometimes your knee bones may get dislocated from their usual alignment. This can also make you experience severe knee pain.
- Ligament injuries, meniscus tear or tendon tear can also be responsible for your knee pain.
2. Sometimes pain in your buttock or foot region can also result in mild knee pain.
3. At times chronic problems like osteoarthritis that affects the cartilage can cause the problem of knee pain. Other chronic problems like Gout, rheumatoid arthritis can also cause severe knee pain.
4. Being overweight can also result in knee pain.
The symptoms of knee pain may be different in each case. The most common symptoms are mentioned below:
- Stiffness of knee
- Swelling of your knee
- You may also feel unstable
- Difficulty in walking or bending of your knee
- You may notice redness in your knee area
Knee pain must not be ignored. It is highly recommended for you to seek advice from an orthopedic as soon as you encounter any of the above mentioned symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.