Doctors in Mathru Nursing Home
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Submit a review for Mathru Nursing HomeYour feedback matters!
A burn scar on your skin does not only spoil your appearance but also hampers your self-confidence. You can undertake a plastic surgery in order to eliminate burn scars and burn marks. A burn repair surgery is an effective way to fix any previous or fresh burn scars. Although a burn scar cannot be totally eliminated, this surgery helps in improving basic functions and makes the scar less prominent or noticeable.
About Burn Repair Surgery: There are two types of burn repair surgeries. An acute burn surgery is carried out immediately after a burn injury has been inflicted. It is undertaken in a hospital by a team of surgeons who specialize in acute burn repair surgeries.
A reconstructive burn surgery is usually carried out after the initial burn scar heals. Reconstructive burn surgery aims at improving both the functional appearance and the cosmetic appearance of a burn scar. This form of burn surgery incorporates the modification of the scar tissue. The treatment procedure for scar tissues requires several months to be successful. New scar contractures may appear for a long time after an injury. Facial burn scars, which cause problems with the eyes, lips, nose and cause hair loss can be rectified. Abnormally thick, white and discolored scars can also be lightened by undergoing a burn repair surgery.
Procedure: The surgical procedure of burn repair surgery primarily involves scar release methods. After a tight scar has been released, the opening or incision made in the skin is repaired. Several techniques are applied for the purpose of closing the wounds. These include skin grafts and skin rearrangement or Z-plasty. Sometimes, more advanced flaps are required. This depends on the location of the scar and the desired results. Minor procedures are performed in the form of an outpatient surgery, but in case of larger grafts and flaps, inpatient facility is required.
After undergoing the surgery, you must follow your surgeon's care instructions properly for effective healing. This would also enable you to have a long-term effect and improved appearance of burn scars. Follow-up appointments with your surgeon after the surgery are essential.
Before deciding on undergoing a burn repair surgery, you must consult an efficient cosmetic surgeon and discuss about the surgical procedure. You should know all important facts regarding the surgery and also have an idea about the results which would be obtained. Non-surgical therapies can also be undertaken for repairing burn scars, which include scar massage, application of pressure garments and some other topical therapies.
Ayurveda is a field where the medicinal properties of the various herbs used has been proven scientifically, over the years. This ancient life science also brings in a knowledge base that can help in treating a variety of ailments. Sexual dysfunction is one such ailment which can leave a person with a less than stellar sex life. The various phases of sexual activity from stimulation to excitement and gratification can suffer due to such ailments which can prevent any or all phases from occurring in the first place. The disorders can affect the ejaculation, potency, orgasm and arousal as well.
There are a variety of herbs that act as aphrodisiacs in Ayurveda that can help in treating sexual disorders in males and females, as follows.
- Nutmeg: Nutmeg powder and extract can be used by men who are suffering from sexual dysfunction. It can also increase the potency and the libido of the male patients who ingest it. This herb can also be used by women who are experiencing lack of libido and stimulation. Many women in Africa have used this herb since ancient times to build better sexual health.
- Date Palm Pollen: The pollen from date palms can help in increasing the sperm count of the male patient who has a low sperm count. This aphrodisiac also improves male fertility.
- Ashwagandha: This is a good aphrodisiac for both male and female patients who are undergoing sexual disorders. It can help in sexual stimulation even as it fixes issues like lack of libido and erectile dysfunction.
- Fadogia Agretis: This herb can help in increasing the testosterone level which is responsible for better sexual stimulation and other sexual functions in male patients.
- Lepidium Meyenii: This is a herb that has originated in Peru and is also known as Maca. This herb can help in fixing infertility in male and female patients. It contains various elements like sterols, campesterol and sitosterol among many others that can improve fertility.
- Saffron: This herb is known to boost the libido by leaps and bounds and is even used to garnish a hot glass of milk just before bed time, as it acts as a good aphrodisiac when combined with milk. A strand or two can work wonders, as per Ayurvedic practices.
- Passion Flower: This is considered as a good aphrodisiac because it helps in reducing anxiety and stress which can soothe a person and create a better environment for stimulation and excitement. It can be used by male and female patients alike.
There are many herbs as per Ayurveda, which can be used as aphrodisiacs in order to cure sexual disorders. These can be taken on a regular basis, in moderation.
Congenital Heart Disease refers to a problem in the structure of heart that is present at birth. It is one of the most common types of birth defect. The defects can arise at the walls of the heart, the valves of the heart and could also take place at the arteries and veins close to the heart. The disease causes great impact in changing the normal flow of blood through the heart.There are many different types of congenital heart defects, ranging from simple ones having no symptoms to complex defects, which are severe and life-threatening symptoms.
- Congenital heart defect generally is detected in women at the time of ultrasound during pregnancy. In case the doctor comes across abnormal heartbeat, he may further investigate by conducting certain tests in the form of echocardiogram, chest X-ray or MRI scan.
- This problem might be seen even in newborn babies, due to which they might experience:
- Skin, fingers, lips and toes which are bluish in colour
- Experience problem breathing
- Low weight at the time of birth
- Chest Pain
There might be other symptoms as well, which may not develop till many years after birth. The symptoms are:
- Abnormal heart rate
- Frequesnt dizziness
- Swelling might be seen at certain parts of the body
Causes behind congenital heart disease
Developmental problem in the heart’s structure at an early stage is usually the reason behind congenital heart disease. This defect acts a hindrance to the normal flow of blood through the heart, thus affecting people’s breathing to some extent. Though there is no surety as to why there is a problem in the development of heart, some of the suspected causes are:
- Any of the family members might be having heart problems.
- Some prescribed drugs at the time of pregnancy tend to put a child at a higher risk for developing this problem of congenital heart disease.
- Consumption of alcohol or if you take drugs which are not prescribed by doctor during pregnancy, can lead to an increase in the risk of a child getting diagnosed with a heart defect.
- Women who have had viral infection during the first three months of pregnancy are more susceptible towards giving birth to children having heart defects.
How to treat congenital heart disease?
Like any other heart disease, treatment for congenital heart disease also depends on the type and extent of the defect.
- There are certain medicines which allow the heart for function more efficiently, while others can be used to prevent blood clots from forming and also put a check on irregular heartbeat.
- Implantable heart devices like implantable cardioverter defibrillators can prevent this particular defect by regularising an abnormal heart rate.
- Catheter procedure followed by doctors where they insert a thin tube into a vein in the leg and move up to the heart, then use small tool by threading through the catheter to rectify the defect.
- Some rare cases, when the heart disease is too complex to fix, doctor may form heart transplant surgery.
What is an Endocrine Surgery?
It is a surgery of one or more endocrine glands. Endocrine glands are glands which secrete hormones and control function of almost all the cells in the body. It is a surgical subspecialty. It includes surgery of endocrine glands, such as the thyroid gland, the parathyroid gland, the adrenal gland, glands of the endocrine pancreas, and some neuroendocrine glands.
Which are the Clinical Conditions that require Endocrinal Surgeries?
The conditions which require endocrinal surgery are as follows:
- Thyroid disorders: Underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism), overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), thyroid nodules, goiter, thyroid cancer, and thyroid cyst
- Parathyroid disorders: Primary hyperparathyroidism
- Adrenal gland disorders: Conn syndrome, pheochromocytoma, adrenocortical cancer, or Cushing's syndrome
- Diseases of pancreas: Insulinomas, gastrinomas, or type 1 diabetes
- Diseases of the pineal gland
- Disorders of the pituitary gland
Which surgeries are included in it?
Surgeries can be minimally invasive, such as laparoscopic surgeries or open surgeries. It includes following surgeries:
- Surgical removal of the thyroid gland (thyroidectomy) either as a part of the gland (lobectomy or hemithyroidectomy) or the whole gland (total thyroidectomy)
- Surgical removal of the parathyroid gland (parathyroidectomy)
- Surgical removal of the adrenal gland (either laparoscopic removal or open surgery)
- Adrenalectomy (i.e., surgical removal of the adrenal gland)
- Pancreatic surgery (simple tumor enucleation to larger resections)
- Surgical removal of the pineal gland (pinealectomy)
- Surgical removal of the pituitary gland (hypophysectomy or transsphenoidal surgery)
What Care needs to be Taken Preoperatively?
Following tests need to be done prior to the surgeries:
- Complete blood count
- Kidney profile
- Serum electrolytes
- Blood group
- Blood sugar
- ECG (for the patients who are 40 years and older)
- Chest X-ray (for the patients who are 60 years and older)All the tests need to be done 24 hours before the surgery.
After completing the tests, the doctor will evaluate the reports and will advise undergoing surgery accordingly.
Which medication needs to be adjusted?
Medications which need to be adjusted before the surgery are as follows:
- Aspirin, ibuprofen, and vitamin E should be stopped one week prior to surgery unless otherwise directed by the doctor.
- Dosages of coumadin, steroids, and/or insulin need to be adjusted or substituted by another medication before surgery.
What are the complications of surgery?
Following are the most common complications:
- Infection due improper aseptic precautions
- Bleeding from the surgical wound
- Change in a patient’s voice and swallowing difficulty
- Low thyroid function
- Hypoparathyroidism (low blood levels of calcium caused by the removal of the parathyroid)
- Formation of seroma (swelling caused by a collection of fluid beneath the incision site)
Excessive bleeding during menstruation is the bane of countless women’s lives worldwide. Your doctor will classify your periods as heavy if you bleed enough to soak a pad every hour for several consecutive hours.
Passing large clots during menstruation and a period that lasts over seven days also are counted as excessive menstrual bleeding. Apart from messing up with daily activities, heavy bleeding or menorrhagia can also lead to anaemia which in turn causes shortness of breath and fatigue.
Hormonal imbalance is a big cause. If you are a teenager, you can easily have an imbalance in oestrogen and progesterone leading to heavy periods. This imbalance also easily presents in menopausal women.
- Hormonal imbalance can also be seen if there is a problem in ovarian function.
- Fibroids are another cause of heavy bleeding. Non-cancerous tumours of the uterus are another cause. Fibroids mostly occur during childbearing years.
- Miscarriages or ectopic pregnancies that occur in fallopian tubes are another cause of heavy bleeding.
- Use of medicines that thin blood in people with heart problems
- Intrauterine devices or IUDs used for birth control can also cause heavy bleeding.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease, PID, which is an infection of the uterus, fallopian tubes, and other organs of the reproductive system, can cause heavy bleeding.
- Cervical, uterine and ovarian cancers can also cause this symptom.
- Low platelet counts that can prevent normal blood clotting due to liver, kidney, or thyroid disease.
The doctor will examine you and determine the cause of the heavy bleeding. And depending on the cause, treatment will be carried out. There are a few medicines that are prescribed for menorrhagia like:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to cut down on blood loss and minimise the pain
- Hormone therapy can be done for stabilising hormones as well as the lining of the uterus and regulate the menstrual cycle
- Inserted IUD can also be removed in case the bleeding is too excessive
Surgery can also be considered depending on your case history. One of the following surgical procedures is usually recommended
- Dilation and curettage - D&C involves dilating the cervix or the entrance of the uterus and cleaning the lining of the uterus.
- Hysteroscopy - A long, thin scope is inserted into the uterus through the vagina and the doctor is able to see and simultaneously remove uterine masses that may be causing heavy bleeding.
- Hysterectomy - If all else fails, the uterus is removed. This puts a stop to a woman’s chances of having a baby ever.
Heavy bleeding should not be ignored as it puts you at risk of iron-deficiency anaemia which can affect your whole body.
Stomach aches or abdominal pains are one of the most frequently reported health complaints faced by children. Children below the age of twelve are known to suffer from recurrent stomach pain. While pains such as these lead to momentary discomfiture, they also lay the path for graver worries if neglected for too long. Your child may feel sick and bunk school for two days; rest and home care can restore his or her health, but that in no way, is the best suited way of dealing with the situation. If tummy aches resurface over a certain period of time, parents should be cautious enough to look for the root cause and should try to eliminate it accordingly.
Widely noticed causes of stomach aches in children:
- Unhygienic food can affect the child’s digestive system.
- Intolerance to a certain food item should not be overlooked.
- Perpetual anxiety can make the tummy twist and turn.
- Urinary Tract Infections can also lead to acute abdominal pain.
- Serious factors such as gallstones or appendicitis could also be present. Immediate expert consultation is advised in such a case.
- Caffeine and packaged soft drinks can be harmful.
- Butter, ghee and other greasy products can trigger tummy aches.
Ways to treat tummy aches in children:
- Keep children away from gas producing food items: Food that is hard to digest should be avoided. Lentil soup or dal should only be consumed in limited amounts to prevent the formation of gas. Don’t let your child have too many nuts regularly.
- Keep them hydrated: Fluid intake should be monitored. A child should drink at least six to seven glasses of water per day. Fruit juices or soups can also be given to them alongside main meals. This helps digestion.
- Do not stack up food in one go: Eating a lot in one meal is a bad way of satisfying hunger. Have smaller meals in more numbers. Six to eight meals will keep your child full and will also eliminate chances of acid reflux which happens either due to an empty stomach or too much piling up of greasy food.
- Timely check - up with the doctor: If tummy aches refuse to go away, take your child to a doctor for a thorough check- up. Administer medicines as prescribed by the physician.
Cholesterol is a fatty, waxy substance which is found naturally in the blood and is produced by the liver. It is essential for the formation of cell membranes and is an important component of Vitamin D and steroid hormones. But if you are eating food that is rich in fat then you are ingesting cholesterol in an amount that is more than what your body needs.
Though cholesterol is important for the normal functioning of the body, it needs to be kept within a normal range.
What are the risk factors associated with Cholesterol?
High levels of cholesterol can increase the risks of cardiovascular diseases and result in a stroke or heart attack. A blood test is the only method that can be used to diagnose high cholesterol but a genetic pre-disposition towards high cholesterol can increase the risks as well. Also, a person’s age, blood sugar levels, whether or not he/she smokes, are also contributing factors. High level of cholesterol does not typically have any symptom that can be identified by an individual, it usually results in a medical emergency that leads to its detection.
How Homeopathy can help cure cholesterol?
Homeopathy can help reduce the levels of cholesterol by treating the underlying condition. By treating the liver, it stops the excess production of cholesterol and reduces the risks of any severe medical condition.
Homeopathy helps attain and maintain normal levels of cholesterol and thereby helps detoxify and enhance the immune system. It also helps regulate cardiovascular functions and helps maintain a healthy circulatory system.
What are the benefits of Homeopathic treatments for Cholesterol?
Homeopathic treatments offer a permanent solution to the problem of elevated cholesterol levels. But there are also other benefits that homeopathy offers-
Long lasting Effects-
Though conventional options of treatment might provide you with immediate results, homeopathy offers long lasting results. Homeopathic treatments tackle the condition at its roots thereby providing permanent results. It also prevents the reoccurrence of the condition. Homeopathic treatments are also tailored to the patient’s needs by taking into consideration factors such as age, medical history, pre-existing allergies.
No side effects-
Homeopathy uses components which are natural and as such have next to no side-effects. They can be administered to patients across all age-groups. They contain low doses of medication and can be safely used by elderly patients and pregnant women.
Extremely effective for long lasting and chronic conditions, homeopathy helps treat diseases and conditions promptly from its roots.
Other Heart Problems and its Homeopathic Medication
Although heart ailments are usually common in people over 45 years, many young adults these days are susceptible to such conditions owing to poor dietary plans and sedentary lifestyles. According to experts, over 70% of the Indian population die from heart disorders.
The most common types of heart ailment prevalent in Indians are listed below-
- Heart attack- the most common, predominant cause of death associated with cardiovascular diseases. This occurs when the supply of blood to your heart is completely stopped. This happens abruptly, without any probable signs. Hence, it is also called the ‘silent killer’. Certain risk factors like smoking and diabetes escalate the chances of having a heart attack.
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) - also known as ischemic heart disease, this type of cardiovascular disease is caused due to accumulation of plaque in the arteries of your heart. As a result of this, the arteries become blocked or constrict and the blood vessels fail to supply blood to your heart. Coronary Artery Disease is primarily responsible for sudden cardiac problems like heart attack. Symptoms may include- chest pain, tightness or heaviness on the chest, shortness of breath, dizziness.
- Cardiomyopathy- refers to the condition where the heart muscles become weak or hardened. This makes it difficult for the heart to pump blood to the rest of the body. Initial symptoms are- fatigue, breathlessness, irregular heartbeat etc. Usually men are diagnosed with this condition due to excess alcohol consumption.
- Arrhythmia- is a condition characterized by irregular, rapid heartbeats. When the electrical signals in your heart muscles are disturbed or interrupted, your heart beats abnormally. Rapid irregular heartbeats are normally triggered by anxiety attacks or stress.
Role of homeopathy in treating various heart problems-
Homeopathy medications have been in use for over several decades. Homeopathy medications help dissipate deposited cholesterol in the blood vessel, thereby reducing signs and risk of a heart attack. Many genetic cardiovascular dispositions like congenital heart defect, angina and its related symptoms like chest pain, dizziness are treated with homeopathic medications such as Arnica Montana and Cactus grandiflorus. Many surgeons recommend administration of Arnica after a surgery because it reduces pain and helps you recover faster.
Cardiovascular surgeries can adversely affect your health. For instance, certain medications or surgery procedures like open heart surgery usually have many side effects and complications associated with it. But homeopathy is a safe mode of treatment as it involves the usage of natural substances to treat various heart health conditions, so there are very few or absolutely no side effects. Self-medication is harmful. Take treatment under guidance of qualified homeopathic physician.