Doctors in Kamath Nursing home
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Submit a review for Kamath Nursing homeYour feedback matters!
आम भाषा में फ्लू कहलाने वाले रोग को इंफ्लूएंजा कहा जाता है. यह रोगी की श्वास तंत्र में संक्रमित हो जाता है. इस तरह के रोगों में देखा जाता है कि यह दिसंबर से लेकर अप्रैल के मौसम में अधिकतर लोगों में फैल जाता है. अधिकतर मामलों में देखा जाता है कि जिन लोगों की रोग प्रतिरोधक क्षमता कमजोर हो जाती है उनको इसे होने का ख़तरा ज्यादा रहता है.
इस वायरस के सर्दियों में ज्यादा फैलने का कारण तापमान का कम होना और हवा में नमी का होना होता है. साथ ही यह रोगी के संपर्क में आने से भी बहुत तेज़ी से फैल जाता है. इन सभी के अलावा वातावरण के स्वच्छ न होने के चलते भी वायरस फैलने की संभावना बनी रहती है. जिसके चलते बुखार, सर्दी जुकाम, संक्रमण, सिरदर्द और टाइफइड जैसे रोग भी हो सकते है.
इस बीमारी के होने पर रोगी को ठंड और गर्मी का एहसास बार-बार होता है. ऐसे में बुखार काफी तेज़ चढ़ता है. काफी सारे मामलों में देखा गया है कि बुखार 106 डिग्री तक पहुँच जाता है. अगर किसी को फ्लू हो जाए तो ऐसी स्थिति में अधिक से अधिक पेय पदार्थ ज्यादा मात्रा में लेने चाहिए.
फ्लू के कारण
इस फ्लू का वायरस नाक, आंख और मुंह की मस्लस् द्वारा ब्रेन में प्रवेश करता है. हर बार जब भी रोगी इनमें से किसी भी अंग को हाथ लगाता हैं, तो रोगी खुद ही फ्लू के वायरस को संक्रमित करता है. वैसे तो फ्लू तीन प्रकार के होते है, जिसमें ए, बी और सी होते है. इसमें टाइप ए और बी वार्षिक इंफ्लूएंजा के कारण होते है. एक अनुमान के अनुसार करीब 20 प्रतिशत लोग इससे प्रभावित होते है.
टाइप ए में एच1एन1, एच2एन2 और एच3एन3 वायरस मौजूद होते है. इससे संक्रमित रोगी को पर्याप्त इम्यूनिटी नहीं मिल पाती हैं. टाइप सी भी फ्लू के लक्षण दर्शाता है लेकिन इस तरह का फ्लू कम होता है. हालांकि तीनों तरह का फ्लू एक ही तरह से फैलता है और इनके लक्षण भी एक जैसे ही होते हैं.
- युवा, बच्चों तथा 65 की उम्र से अधिक के बुजुर्गों इससे सबसे ज्यादा प्रभावित होते है.
- प्रेगनेंट महिलाओं को फ्लू होने का खतरा ज्यादा रहता है.
- इसके अलावा इंफ्लूएंजा से निमोनिया, कान में इंफेक्शन, साइनस संक्रमण और ब्रोंकाइटिस का ख़तरा बढ़ जाता है.
- फ्लू ज्यादा गंभीर हो जाने पर जान भी जा सकती है. ऐसे में डॉक्टर की सलाह पर एंटीवायरल दवाएं लेनी चाहिए.
इन्फ्लूएंजा के लक्षण
- असामान्य थकान महसूस होना
- कफ की समस्या
- चक्कर आना
- छींक आना
- ठंड के साथ बुखार
- त्वचा का नीला पड़ना
- नाक बहना
- पेट या छाती पर दबाव महसूस होना और दर्द होना
- मांसपेशियों में दर्द
- सांस फूलना
- सांस लेने में कठिनाई
- सिरदर्द होना
Laparoscopic surgeries are minimally invasive surgeries where a very small incision is made on the patient’s belly button. After making this incision, a camera called the laparoscope is inserted from the hole and then the condition of the organ is evaluated upon a television screen in order to perform the operation. An air pocket via carbon dioxide is then made for the surgeon to carry out the operation. This procedure, although used widely has a couple of advantages and disadvantages which should be kept in mind before undergoing the surgery.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Surgeries
In comparison to a traditional, large surgery, laparoscopy is much more comfortable and is less painful as well. The small incision takes less amount of time to heal, therefore the patient is allowed to get back to his/her regular activities much sooner. Patients who go through laparoscopic surgeries spend less time in the hospital and get discharged on the same or the next day as well.
Laparoscopic surgeries help in reducing the risk of bleeding during the surgery as the incision is relatively very small than the ones made during a traditional surgery. The amount of blood loss is minimal in such a case and therefore the need of blood transfusion is also decreased, significantly.
Another important factor which can be counted in is that, with the help of laparoscopic surgeries the risk of exposing the internal organs to contamination is also reduced. This allows the chance of post-operative infection risks to diminish as well.
Disadvantages of Laparoscopic Surgeries
Just like a coin which has two sides, laparoscopic surgeries also have its advantages and disadvantages which you need to consider before going through it. One of the most important factors is that laparoscopic surgeries are extremely expensive as the instruments required to carry out the operation is very costly. A number of less affluent hospitals can therefore not afford to have the intrument; this makes laparoscopic surgeries less accessible to a vast number of people.
Laparoscopic surgeries may not be suitable for complicated surgeries. The tools required to carry out a laparoscopic surgery may not be sufficient for an operation which needs a 3-dimensional field of vision. For surgeries where large chunks of tissues are to be removed, these minimally invasive surgeries are not preferred.
Laparoscopic surgeries may also need a second open surgery in case of any complication during the procedure. Thus, the risk of having two surgeries increases for patients who opt for laparoscopic surgeries. These surgeries also need a special skill set and every hospital is not equipped specialized personnel who know how to operate the unit. Therefore, you should consider every aspect before going through the procedure. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Lifestyle changes such as eating healthy and exercising are to be incorporated in everyone’s life. The awareness to go organic is being spread wide, mostly because of social media. Analysis of the food we eat and questioning the components of our diet is very much necessary and this has created a lot of facts and myths. In the world that we live in today, we weigh multiple options for choosing the right one. One such comparison is between white eggs and brown eggs. The egg shell color influences consumers to a great extent.
Nutritional value: Eggs are filled with nutritional value. About 70 calories, 6 grams of protein and vitamin B are the components of eggs. Eggs are a very good source of protein. The egg yolk contains a lot of cholesterol. Those who would want to avoid cholesterol can take only the egg white. Carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin are the other nutrients present in eggs. They lower the risk of macular degeneration. Choline, another element present in the eggs helps in memory development.
Types of eggs: The common labels one could see in the case of eggs are free-run, organic, free-roaming, vegetarian fed, Omega-3 enriched and graded eggs. These categories are based on the diet and lifestyle of the hens. Some hens are fed vegetarian food and are not given animal proteins. Some are not caged and are let in open spaces. These hens lay eggs in their nests and some are fed with flax seeds. Such eggs are labeled as Omega-3 enriched.
White vs brown eggs: Here are a few points to ponder about the difference between white eggs and brown eggs.
- Shell: The color of the shell is the major difference between brown and white eggs. The egg shells of brown color are believed to be hard, which is nothing but a myth. Young chickens lay harder shelled eggs.
- Nutritional value: The color does not really determine the egg quality. What really matters is the hen's diet. Two hens, given the same diet, lay eggs with the same nutritional value irrespective of the color of the shell.
- Yolk: It is believed that brown eggs have richly colored yolks when compared to white eggs. This is determined by the amount of corn the hen eats rather than the eggshell color.
- Cost: White chicken lays white eggs and brown chicken lays brown eggs. Brown eggs are costlier than white eggs. This is because the maintenance of brown chickens cost more. They are larger in size and they require more food. This costs the farmers more.
- Taste: White eggs and brown eggs taste the same. There are not many differences when it comes to taste of the eggs. This again depends on the food to the hen.
- Bleaching of white eggs: White eggs are not bleached to make them appear white. As mentioned earlier, the color of the hen influences the color of the eggs. Sometimes brown hens lay white eggs but the color of the resulting white egg is darker than a normal white egg. This has no connection with bleaching.
The nutritional value is the same for both the eggs. The major things that cause a difference between these two eggs are the shell color and cost. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The human body requires the basic nutrients for its normal functioning which are carbohydrates, fats and proteins. However, there are certain vital vitamins and minerals too, that are equally important because these help in maintaining the proper health of a human body in various ways. One such vitamin is Vitamin B complex of which, there is a crucial vitamin known as Vitamin B12 or scientifically called as Cobalamin.
Functions of Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 plays a major role by controlling several factors of the human body. These are necessary for the body to run well and stay healthy. Some of the key functions of Vitamin B12 are listed below:
- It is responsible for the conversion of raw carbohydrate matter that enters into the body in the form of food into glucose that is the driving energy for the body. Therefore, in a way it helps to keep the continuity of energy production in the human body and its deficiency, therefore, can lead to fatigue or weakness.
- Every single nature of human cells is related to the DNA and RNA that define the genetics and hereditary factors of a human body. Vitamin B12 assists in the creation of this DNA and RNA.
- Vitamin B12 also helps in the production of nerve cells in the human body by maintaining the covering of the nerve cells or neurones known as the myelin sheaths. This helps to free the body from the reach of toxins and free radicals that can be very harmful to the human body. Hence, any shortage of Vitamin B12 can damage the nerve cells in a considerable manner.
- The bones of the human body need Vitamin B12 as well and any deficiency of Vitamin B12 can cause osteoporosis and other bone issues.
- Vitamin B12 in association with another vitamin known as Vitamin B9 (folate or folic acid) helps in the manufacture of red blood cells that help in impressive iron functioning, which is the main oxygen carrier of the human blood. Quite evidently, its deficiency can lead to shortness of breath and other breathing disorders.
- Even heart requires an adequate amount of Vitamin B12 along with Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B9 so that appropriate levels of amino acid named homocysteine are produced that is a deciding factor in heart diseases.
- Vitamin B12 is an essential component affecting the brain health too, and any deficiency of Vitamin B12 can often lead to various brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease and the like.
In fact, Vitamin B12 has also been found to regulate mood and emotions of humans. Above all, Vitamin B12 is vital for keeping an individual happy and healthy by revitalising the body cells and making him or her feel youthful and vibrant all the time. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Are you observing uneven pigmentation on your skin? In this condition, the color of your skin may get different in different places and it affects people of all skin colors, types and backgrounds. Skin pigmentation may arise from several factors such as exposure to sunlight, skin damage, inflammation and certain genetic conditions. It is mostly caused due to an overproduction or underproduction of melanin.
Here are the different types of skin pigmentation
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of concentrated melanin. These tend to darken with exposure to more sunlight. Freckles are more common in people with a fair complexion.
- Age spots or liver spots: These are also called solar lentigos. This is a type of skin pigmentation, which is mostly associated with aging and prolonged exposure to UV light. This condition is more common in people beyond the age of 40 as the skin starts losing its ability of repairing sun damage.
- Birthmarks: These are unusual blemishes on the skin, which are found during birth. They also develop some weeks after birth. Pigmented birthmarks and vascular birthmarks are the two primary types of this pigmentation.
- Melasma: Melasma occurs in both men and women. It is more common in women, especially among pregnant women who use contraceptive pills and women receiving hormone replacement therapy. The condition occurs due to over activation of melanocytes by estrogen and progesterone. When the skin gets exposed to sunlight, it leads to an increase in melanin production.
Post inflammatory hyper pigmentation
This condition arises due to an increased production of melanin because of inflammatory responses. The inflammation occurs during a trauma in the skin layers. It may occur due to various reasons such as acne, skin injury, infections, dermatitis, medications, allergic reactions and some medicines.
Treatment for skin pigmentation
For treating skin pigmentation which occurs because of melanin overproduction, it is recommended for you to get less exposed to sunlight, especially in the affected area. This will prevent the condition from worsening. You should always apply an SP 30+ sunscreen while going out in the sun and cover the affected area from sunlight. The treatment of skin pigmentation depends on several factors, such as the type and cause of pigmentation and the layer of skin where it occurs. There are several modes of treatment, which include pigmentation removal, skin peels, skin needling and many more. These are quite effective in the treatment of different skin pigmentation types.
It is recommended that you consult a skin specialist in case you experience any symptoms of skin pigmentation. This will enable you to have a quick diagnosis and after knowing about the type you are affected with, treatment steps can be started. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Being away or oblivious to social media is synonymous to not following the herd. Social media probably is no more the latest fad; it is the given code to take a deeper look into the present age. The rewarding fact about social networking sites is their ability to transport us to people and places millions of miles away from us. This epoch with its dictates of overproduction and maximum utilization of labor, snatches away the boon of communication.
Some of the mental health problems that you may suffer from due to a social media addiction are discussed below:
- Peer Pressure- Social media use also creates the fear of missing out because you want to do what everyone else is doing. This evokes anxiety and will give rise to negative feelings and emotions, which again create mental health problems and stress and anxiety disorders
- Fatigue and Stress- When you are using social media, you are constantly switching from one task to another because there is just so much to do and see. This information abundance can tire out your brain, especially when it is received chaotically. Your brain needs time and room for absorbing the data and processing the information, but multitasking on social media makes your brain work overtime. This can prevent it from relaxing and it will become exhausted as it tries to deal with the barrage of information. Hence, the fatigue puts your mind under a lot of stress and you may not be able to concentrate on anything at all.
- Social Anxiety- Even though the whole point of social media is to allow people to stay connected with others, it doesn’t have the same satisfaction and element associated with actual human interaction, which is a crucial human need. In fact, in some ways, it is too distant and this is not a good thing for those who become dependent on social media as it can lead to social anxiety. Those who are already suffering from this problem will find it even more difficult to indulge in face-to-face interaction. Real human interaction can become extremely scary for people as it is becoming common to hide behind your computer screens and not go out at all.
- Distraction- Social media is just tailor-made for decreasing our productivity because you spend hours looking at everyone else’s life when you could be doing something else. This means that most of your time is spent on viewing photos, liking posts, and writing comments and these activities don’t really require the use of your intellectual abilities. They aren’t intellectual at all and distract you from activities that are such as reading, studying informational articles on the internet, etc. Your brain doesn’t get enough food for development and your intellectual abilities can decline in this way. Your brain will slow down and not be able to respond quickly in various situations.
- Insecurity- One of the major problems with social media is that posts typically present an idealized version of what’s going on in everyone’s life. Usually, what you see isn’t actually reality because everyone has their problems and issues. Nevertheless, you end up comparing your own life with that of others and think less of your own. If people in your newsfeed seem to be having a good time, it will make you envious and affect your mood negatively. Research has shown that widespread use of social media can demotivate people, make them aggressive and cause a decline in confidence.
So are you being adversely affected by social media? Here are some signs to look out for:
- Low self-esteem.
- Feeling low when you see other people's images and lifestyle.
- Envy of others people lives - wishing your life was like someone else's.
- Finding social media as your first and only choice of activity done for enjoyment.
- Not having as many face to face conversations with your relatives and friends and feeling disconnected.
- Being unable to do anything without feeling you need to share it online.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It is always better to ensure caution and stay protected against possible infections, which are caused by intimate contact amongst partners. Sexually Transmitted Diseases or STDs are common occurrences for many people all over the world. These many range in intensity and type, and may also happen due to various causes. These are also known as venereal diseases. The most common way for this kind of infection or disease to spread, is through unprotected sex with an infected partner. The problem is that many of these diseases do not cause any obvious symptoms which make them even more difficult to detect and spot. So some of the prevailing STD's:
- Bacterial Infections: These are by far the most common type of STDs which can spread quickly and easily when the bacteria are passed on through sexual activity. The symptoms may include pain and even bleeding in the vaginal area. The different types of bacterial infections include Chancroid, Chlamydia, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Granuloma Inguinale and others. This bacteria usually manifests due to poor hygiene of the genitals. In case of many of these conditions, if proper diagnosis and treatment does not take place on time, the result may be infertility too.
- Fungal Infections: Fungal infections like Candidiasis usually occur due to the production of excess yeast. This yeast infection can spread and become painful and is usually characterised by a thick white discharge.
- Viral Infections: There are a number of viral infections like Viral Hepatitis, HIV, Herpes Simplex and many more, that can transmitted through a virus which can also be found in food, blood, yeast and in rare cases, breast milk. Pain and sores in the genital area can be some of the most common symptoms of these kinds of infections, which can prove to be fatal if not treated on time.
- Parasites: Crab Louse and Scabies are some common parasites that can also thrive on sexual contact with an infected partner, which leads to transmission and spread of the infection. The instant symptoms include skin problems and other changes that may be painful.
- Anal Conditions: Sometimes, many STDs can be caused due to anal sex which may be in insertive or receptive mode. These include HIV, Hepatitis, Gonorrhoea, Herpes and more. The initial symptoms may include pain and sores.
There are a number of unscreened bacteria and viruses that may cause such conditions and one must be careful to practice only protected sex with a known partner. Also, care must be taken to indulge in sexual intercourse with only partner at a time so as to prevent the spread of any infection or STD.
The treatment of any kinds of these STD infections should be treated at the right time before it makes condition worse and the proper medication can be prescribed by the sexologist or even surgery and other such procedures for particularly serious cases. so any case of unprotected sex should be monitored for any STD symptoms and get treated by a sexologist. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Introduction: Stammering also known as stuttering is the fluency disorder of speech and is characterized by disruptions in the production of speech sounds.
K- K- K- Kiran is may friend" (Part-word repetition).
"RRRR am is may brother "(sound prolongation).
I'll meet you - um um you know like - around six o'clock." (A series of interjections: The person expects to have difficulty smoothly joining the word "you" with the word "around." In response to the anticipated difficulty, he produces several interjections until he is able to say the word "around" smoothly.)
There may be some associated behavior, apart from non fluent speech, like eye blinking, jaw pressing, hand movement, leg movement and poor eye contacts.
Must watch these video to know how and expert in Speech Pathology (certified Speech Pathologist/Speech therapist/Speech Language Pathologist) changes the life of people having Speech disorders including stammering: http://www.speechtherapyindia.in/videos.html
How is stammering diagnosed?
Diagnosing stuttering requires the skills of a certified speech-language pathologist (SLP). Some time patient reach to physician also. In such case most of the physician refer to Speech Language Pathologist for detail assessment and management. Most of the time parents confused between normal non fluency and stammering. Here SLPs evaluation will help to remove such confusion.
Factors that are noted by many specialists include the following:
- a family history of stuttering
- stuttering that has continued for 6 months or longer
- presence of other speech or language disorders
- strong fears or concerns about stuttering on the part of the child or the family
What are the main causes of stammering ?
When we speak there are hundred of muscles of our body like breathing muscles, laryngeal muscles, muscles of lips , tongue, palate and jaw works in coordinated way. If coordination among these muscles due to any reason goes fluency of speech will be affected. Means those who stammer will having problem in coordinating speech production muscles with brain.
What treatments are available for stammering?
Speech Language Pathologists teach people who stutter to control and/or monitor the rate at which they speak. In addition, people may learn to start saying words in a slightly slower and less physically tense manner. They may also learn to control or monitor their breathing. When learning to control speech rate, people often begin by practicing smooth, fluent speech at rates that are much slower than typical speech, using short phrases and sentences. Over time, people learn to produce smooth speech at faster rates, in longer sentences, and in more challenging situations until speech sounds both fluent and natural. "Follow-up" or "maintenance" sessions are often necessary after completion of formal intervention to prevent relapse.
Is there any medicine or surgery will help in stammering management?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved any drug for the treatment of stuttering. However, some drugs that are approved to treat other health problems such as epilepsy, anxiety, or depression have been used to treat stuttering. These drugs often have side effects that make them difficult to use over a long period of time. In a recent study funded by the NIDCD researchers concluded that drug therapy has been largely ineffective in controlling stuttering.
Is there 100% Cure for Stammering?
There is no 100% cure for stammering, although few healthcare quacks are making such false claim like cure in 2 weeks etc. Scientific research published by American Speech Language Hearing Association based on more than 100 studies on adults who stutter concluded that significant improvement typically occurs as a result of treatment/Speech therapy in 60to 80% of cases. You can find the original article by putting "treatment efficacy stuttering" in google search also.
Speech therapy result may vary with the type of problem, severity of problem and age of the person. There are some examples of relapse also after speech therapy.
How do I know who are speech language pathologist /speech therapist in India?
These are the professionals trained for the assessment and treatment of various Speech and Hearing Disorders. They should have the following qualification:
- B.Sc. (Hons )Speech and Hearing/B.Sc. Speech and Hearing/Bachelor in Audiology and speech language Pathology(BASLP)
- M.Sc. Speech Language Pathology/M.Sc. Speech and Hearing/ MASLP
- Certified by Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)
- Many of the young people are struggling with tiredness due to routine work.
- Many complaining about getting so tired and feeling so bad.
- Instead of trying with neurobion tabs and ready-made healthy drinks which are not good for health there is an easy way to feel healthy.
- Every body know about drumstick.
- Drumsticks seeds are available in ayurvedic shops.
- Daily night take 10 nos of these seeds after taking it outer layer.
- It will act as a healthy vitamin supplement and keep away your tiredness.
- Ones in a week taking drumsticks leaves juice one tumbler also keep you healthy and active.
- Drumsticks are rich in vitamin a and c.
- That's why drumsticks are always added in indian dishes mainly in sambar and avial.