Doctors in Kamath Nursing home
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Submit a review for Kamath Nursing homeYour feedback matters!
A sore throat is usually caused by a bacterial infection and it usually indicates an onset of cold. It may also indicate strained vocal chords or a strep throat. Eating proper foods can help in easing the symptoms and fight inflammation; thus providing the requisite energy to the body.
These foods are packed with vitamin C that allows you to recover quickly from an illness. They are also relatively soft and easier to swallow which make them a preferred food if you have a sore throat.
2. Cooked carrots
Carrots contain good amounts of vitamin A; eating them roasted or sauteed is a good way to consume the required nutrients. This vegetable also contains carotenoids in good amounts which are beneficial for the body.
Tea is usually preferred by people when they have a sore throat. Tea has anti-inflammatory properties which help in fighting infections in the body. Tea also helps in fighting stress and contributes to increased focus.
4. Cooked cabbage
Cabbage contains antioxidants along with sulfur, vitamin K and vitamin C which help in fighting infections in the body. It can also relieve symptoms of headache.
Sage is a herb that has powerful infection fighting properties. Mixing crushed sage with warm water or sprinkling it in your soup can help alleviate symptoms of cold and sore throat.
Honey is an effective treatment for sore throat because of its strong anti-inflammatory properties. It is recommended to take honey during a sore throat.
Licorice is another remedy that can be used to treat sore throat. It has certain properties which cause a reduction in pain and help in clearing the airways.
Yoghurt is soft which makes it easier to gulp down in case of a sore throat. You may even add some fresh fruits to the mix for taste.
Garlic has strong antibacterial properties which help in easing symptoms of sore throat. You may directly chew garlic or add them to your food to gain the maximum benefits.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Bat ear correction
It is also known as prominent ear correction or otoplasty. Prominent ear can be a cause of embarrassment or low confidence in children. It involves correction of shape of ear in adult and children. Surgery is delayed up to age of 6 till ear is developed. Each ear is different, know from your surgeon which procedure is suitable to achieve optimum results and give confidence to your child.
In most instances it has been found that the habits we inculcate during childhood are carried to adulthood, so, it becomes all the more important in parenting to nurture good eating habits and expose toddlers to healthy foods. Being a parent we can inculcate healthy eating habits in our children. For this you can try these:
- Check the refrigrator: Try your best to keep only healthy snacks/foods so that even if the child opens the fridge his choice is healthy .Avoid keeping excess cold drinks, chocolates etc.
- Be a role model: Always set a good eating example for your child to copy ,share the meal time and eat the same healthy food. Try to avoid foods in front of children that you don’t intend to give them.
- Make boring food interesting: Try to make daily routine food interesting for the toddlers ,for example one can make a cute smiley on the vegetable sandwich you intend to serve to your child.
- Awareness: Parents must be aware about the food available in market. You must be in habit to read labels before buying. Take your child to grocery shopping and inculcate habit of reading labels in them also, make them aware of importance of these labels.
- Involvement of child: Involve your child in preparing meals as they may be more willing to eat or try foods that they help to prepare.
- Food as reward or punishment: Try not to use food as reward or punishment for your child. Like sending your child to bed without dinner as a punishment may make them to eat whenever they get a chance, similarly sweets or dessert should not be used as reward for finishing vegetables as child may assume that these foods are more valuable and this will unknowingly sent wrong message .
- Eat meals together often: Make meal times pleasant with conversation and sharing, not a time for scolding or arguing.
- Encourage: Encourage your child to eat slowly this will give brain time to register fullness.
- Free your child: Sometimes or on occasions,festivities as you are restricting them on a daily basis, you only worry about daily routine and not holidays.
Is bitter gourd or karela good for high cholesterol?
A glass of karela or bitter gourd juice is what most people with diabetes start their mornings with as it helps to control blood glucose levels. The anti-diabetic properties of karela make it a popular health drink with those who are at risk of diabetes or are diabetic. However, what most of us are not aware of the cholesterol-lowering properties of karela. Yes, bitter gourd is good for people with hypercholesterolemia or high cholesterol level.
How does karela lower cholesterol?
According to a study published in the journal of bmc complementary and alternative medicine, it was confirmed that karela acts as a potential supplement in the treatment of hypercholesterolemia and its associated disorders.
High cholesterol levels are associated with type 2 diabetes, atherosclerosis, cardiovascular disease and liver diseases. Karela contains compounds which not only act at the enzyme level but also help in eliminating excess cholesterol stored in the liver.
How to use it?
Karela has been widely used as a herbal medication which is not only safe but also used to avoid side effects of various medicines.
You can eat karela as a vegetable and also choose various forms of karela that are available in the market including juices, churna, capsules and tablets.
Here’s the correct way to use karela:
- Karela juice: take 10-15 ml of karela juice and add the same amount of water. Mix and drink it on an empty stomach once a day to reap its benefits.
- Karela churna: take 1-2 gms (which accounts to around a quarter to half a teaspoon) of karela churna add a teaspoon of honey (if you are not diabetic), make a thick paste and eat it. Do this twice a day preferably after meals.
- Karela capsule: you can have 1-2 capsules twice a day, preferably after meals with water.
- Karela tablets: take 1-2 karela tablets twice a day with water after meals.
However, it is wise to consult your doctor or an ayurvedic expert before taking karela in these forms.
A regular menstrual period is when you bleed for 5-6 days every month. A normal cycle is 11-13 menstrual periods every year. An irregular menstrual period is when there are less than 10 or more than 14 menstrual periods in a year.
Initially, when a teenage girl reaches puberty, the menstrual cycles are a little irregular. It takes a few months to a couple of years before the hormones are balanced and the cycles come in regular intervals.
Peri-menopausal women have extremely irregular periods, ranging from mere spotting in some months to severe bleeding and muscular cramps in the next few months. As a woman approaches menopause, there are wide fluctuations in hormones that cause the irregularity.
Other Causes Of Menstrual Irregularities-
Persistent physical exhaustion.
Increase in exercise. Heavy exercise and endurance regimes are known to cause missed or irregular periods.
Travelling, differences in temperature and weather conditions can affect periods.
Contraceptive pills and other birth control medications.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Other medical issues with the pelvic organs.
Inadequate rest and sleep.
Indulging in too much of processed or fried food.
Breastfeeding can cause menstrual irregularities and regain normalcy after it has been stopped completely.
A balanced diet which includes enough proteins, calcium and vitamins.
Abstinence from caffeine and alcohol.
Light but regular exercising.
Take some medication after due consultation with a doctor.
Abstain from smoking or consuming tobacco in any form.
Take vitamin and folic acid supplements.
Get yourself checked for blood sugar or cholesterol.
Maintain an optimum body weight.
Stay away from situations that stress you and attempt to control your anxiety. Cultivate an activity that you enjoy, be optimistic and enjoy life. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The uterus or womb is a strong structure that is held up by the pelvic muscles and tendons. In case that these muscles or tendons extend or get distinctly powerless, they are no longer ready to support the uterus, bringing about prolapse. Uterine prolapse happens when the uterus hangs or slips from its ordinary position, into the vagina or birth channel.
Uterine prolapse might be fragmented or complex. A deficient prolapse happens when the uterus is just halfway drooping into the vagina. An entire prolapse depicts a circumstance in which the uterus falls so far down that some tissue rests outside of the vagina.
The danger of having a prolapsed uterus increases as a woman ages and her estrogen levels diminish. Estrogen is the hormone that keeps the pelvic muscles solid. Harm to pelvic muscles and tissues during pregnancy and labor may likewise lead to prolapse. Women with more than one vaginal birth and in their postmenopausal period are under the most significant risk. Any action that puts weight on the pelvic muscles can expand your danger of a uterine prolapse. Different variables that can increase your risk for the condition include:
Women who have a minor uterine prolapse might not have any side effects. Direct to serious prolapse may bring about side effects, for example:
- Having an inclination that you are sitting on a ball
- Vaginal bleeding
- Expanded discharge
- Issues with sex
- Feeling the uterus or cervix leaving the vagina
- A pulling or substantial feeling in the pelvis
- Bladder infections
In case that you experience these symptoms, it is important to see your specialist. Without appropriate diagnosis, the condition can weaken your vagina, bladder, and sexual capacity. Treatment is not generally fundamental for this condition. In case that prolapse is serious, talk with your specialist about which treatment choice is suitable for you. Nonsurgical medicines include:
- Shedding pounds to take the strain off of pelvic structures
- Maintaining a strategic distance from truly difficult work
- Doing Kegel works out, which are pelvic floor exercises that strengthen the vaginal muscles
- Taking estrogen substitution treatment
- Wearing a pessary, which is a device embedded into the vagina that fits under the cervix and pushes up and settles the uterus and cervix
Surgical medications include uterine suspension or hysterectomy. During uterine suspension, your specialist puts the uterus once again into its normal position by reattaching pelvic tendons or utilizing surgical materials. During a hysterectomy, your specialist expels the uterus from the body through the stomach area or the vagina. Surgery is usually successful; however, it is not suggested for women who anticipate having a baby later on. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Knee pain is characterized by a feeling of pain in the knee joint caused by injury or overuse. The knee joint consists of small bone structures, the kneecap, supporting ligaments and cartilage of the knee. This joint bears the full weight of the body, which makes it very vulnerable to injury.
Causes of knee pain
Knee pain is usually caused by injuries to the knee such as exposure to a direct force on the knee, abnormal twisting of the knee or falling on your knees. Some causes of knee pain are -
- Knee strains and sprains - Overworking the knee joints can damage the tissues of the knee joint resulting in knee sprains and strains
- Osteoarthritis - it is condition where the protective cartilage around the kneecap is damaged, resulting in knee pain
- Bursitis - Excessive movement of the knee or kneeling down for extended periods can irritate the bursa (a fluid sac below the skin above the knee joint) that causes swelling and pain, thereby giving rise to this condition
- Gout - This condition is characterized by the accumulation of uric acid in crystal form around the knee joint, causing inflammation and pain
- Tendon disorders - Tendons connect the muscles to the bones, and overworking the knee can cause the tendons around
the knee to become sore and painful
- Kneecap dislocation - Injuries may cause the kneecap to shift out of its position, this causes swelling and pain in the knee joint
Symptoms of knee pain
Severe knee pain can restrict movements such as walking or standing. The symptoms vary according to the extent of the damage suffered by the knee. Most common symptoms of knee pain are problems in climbing stairs, inability to extend the knees, limping and swelling of the knee joint. In some cases, knee pain may also cause fever. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
1. With sex, aim for quality over quantity. When spouses don't get busy regularly, they can lose physical connection.
2. Write about your fights. Researchers believe it's because the writing group was able to glean new insights about the disagreements or better understand their spouses after they'd reflected about them on their own. Next time you argue with your man, try writing down the details from a neutral standpoint. You might notice something you missed in the heat of the moment.
3. Hug for 2 minutes and kiss for 30 seconds each. Oxytocin, a chemical our bodies release when we touch one another, emotionally connects people" no need to set a timer, but do extend your hugs and kisses longer than you normally would; you'll feel a new sense of connection.
4. Take a walk together. If you're trying to decide how you two should handle your daughter's poor report card, hit the pavement. Not only will the fresh air clear your minds but also" the very act of walking in the same direction can help you two feel as though you're on the same team and want the same result. Physically heading to one place makes you more likely to be mentally in sync; it's like you're standing together instead of confronting each other.
5. Sit next to each other at restaurant tables. You may be inclined to take a seat across from your partner, but "it's a more aggressive stance" after all, it's how you and a prospective employer sit during an interview. Next time you're out, try grabbing a booth or putting separate chairs at a table side by side. Instead of playing footsie under the table, your man can slide an arm around you or touch your knee, while you can whisper in his ear" it's a friendlier and much more intimate position.
6. Jot down your guy's sweet deeds. Maybe he filled up your gas tank without you mentioning it was getting low, or brought you flowers for no good reason. Once a day for a week, secretly write down something your man did that touched you" many times, especially in long-term relationships, the little things our partners do for us get overlooked, which eventually makes the man resentful. Keeping a list helps you feel grateful for the daily blessings of marriage, and sharing that list at the end of the week with your spouse makes him feel appreciated.