Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Black Spots on Skin
Treatment of Hair Growth
Skin Whitening Procedures
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Oily Skin
Treatment of Rashes
Glowing Skin Procedures
Management of Dark Skin
Hair Health Treatment Procedures
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Treatment of Sunburn
Submit a review for Diacon HospitalYour feedback matters!
My uncle is suffering from Chronic renal Grade 2 kidney disease. And both kidneys has stopped working. Hemoglobin level in blood had reduced to 4.8 ,from 13. Now doctor has advised him for Dialysis twice a week. My question is, Can these kidneys start working after a while? And how long dialysis has to be done? Is there any other treatment along with dialysis to make kidney proper, Or is transplant only the way?
What is betel nut?
- Betel nut is the seed of a type of palm tree.
- It has a long history of being the being chewed for its mood-enhancing effects in many parts of Asia and the Pacific.
- Modern research shows many health risks associated with its use, including oral cancer, an incurable jaw disorder, and reproductive issues.
A deep red or purple smile is a common sight in many parts of Asia and the Pacific.
But what’s behind it?This red residue is the telltale sign of the betel nut, which is chewed by millions of people across the globe. In its most basic form, betel nut is a seed of the Areca catechu, a type of palm tree. It’s commonly chewed after being ground up or sliced and wrapped in leaves of the Piper betel vine that have been coated with lime. This is known as a betel quid. Tobacco or flavorful spices may also be added.
History of a habit
Betel nut has a long history in South and Southeast Asia and the Pacific Basin. In Guam and other Pacific islands, its use can be traced back as far as 2,000 years. A habit passed down through generations, chewing betel nut is a time-honored custom for 10–20 percent of the world’s population. Today, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that around 600 million people use some form of betel nut. It is one of the most popular psychoactive substances in the world, in fourth place after nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine. But while betel nut is an important cultural and social tradition in many countries, growing evidence points to serious health effects from regular use.
Oral cancer and other dangers
A study reports that betel nut users are at a higher risk for oral submucous fibrosis. This incurable condition can cause stiffness in the mouth and eventually the loss of jaw movement. Regular chewing of betel nut can also cause gum irritation and tooth decay. Teeth may become permanently stained deep red or even black.Betel nut may interact with other drugs or herbal supplements. It could cause toxic reactions in the body or reduce the effects of medications.
Medical conditions associated with betel nut use with tobacco:
- oral submucous fibrosis
- oral cancer
- reproductive issues, including low birth weight in newborns
Homeopathy can very efficiently deal with cases of hair loss, and produce excellent results. In homeopathy, a huge number of wonderful medicines are present that are used to tackle hair loss cases. Every kind of hair loss (ranging from hair loss due to anemia / nutritional deficiencies, due to skin disorders, due to mental / physical trauma, due to childbirth or menopause, after acute diseases, to alopecia areata, alopecia totalis or androgenetic alopecia) can be treated with the help of well selected homeopathic medicines. To treat hair loss through homeopathy detail case history of the patient needs to be studied. The cause and site of hair loss are to be noted down along with the constitutional symptoms of the patient which are given prime importance in any kind of case of hair loss. The constitutional symptoms include the eating habits, level of thirst, thermals, mental symptom etc. And these are to be given top position in forming the totality of symptoms while case taking. After the case has been properly evaluated, the case homeopathic medicine is administered to the patient
You can easily take an online consultation for further treatment guidance and permanent cure without any side effects.
Concerted efforts to inculcate healthy lifestyle habits can help prevent life-long lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension, heart ailments among many. A healthy lifestyle can help manage an already existing condition well too! So inculcating a few healthy lifestyle tips can go a long way in improving your overall health and mental well-being.
I feel dryness and itching near my testicle bags and inner thigh area, what should I do? Kindly tell me please My age is 34.
I have a firm moveable lump on the bottom (about even with my shoulder) left side of my neck directly in front of my trapezius muscle. It has been there about 5 months, that I have noticed anyway and just recently got a LITTLE bit bigger. What could this be.
1. Eases stress
- Epsom salt can help you calm down when you are feeling stressed. Stress drains the body of magnesium and increases adrenaline levels.
- Magnesium plays an important role in the release and uptake of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical in the brain. This creates a feeling of well-being and relaxation while also reducing anxiety, irritability, insomnia and abnormal heart rhythms.
- Add 1 cup of epsom salt to warm bath water.
- Soak in it for 20 minutes to feel more relaxed and sleep better.
- Take an epsom salt bath about 3 times a week to enjoy a stress-free life.
2. Aids detoxification
- Epsom salt can assist in eliminating toxins from the body. The magnesium in epsom salt is required for detoxifying cells. It also helps detox the body of environmental contaminants that can potentially cause ill health.
- To enjoy a relaxing detox bath, stir in 1 to 2 cups of epson salt in a bathtub filled with warm water and soak in it for 10 to 15 minutes, 2 or 3 times a week.
3. Relieves muscle cramps
- Epsom salt can help treat muscle cramps and relieve sore muscles after workouts. Magnesium effectively eases pain and reduces inflammation. This in turn promotes muscle relaxation and healing.
- Make a thick paste of epsom salt and hot water. Apply it on the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes to get soothing comfort.
- Another option is to soak your body in a tub of warm water with 1 cup of epsom salt for at least 20 minutes.
- Your muscle cramps will likely heal after one application or bath. If needed, repeat the process the next day.
4. Eases aches & pains
- Epsom salt can help alleviate symptoms like pain, swelling and inflammation. Magnesium helps regulate the ph levels in the body.
- This in turn reduces stiffness, inflammation and pain associated with any form of arthritis, including gout. It helps in bone mineralization as well. Plus, epsom salt promotes nerve functionality and soothes nerve pain.
- Add 2 tablespoons of epsom salt to hot water.
- Soak the aching body parts in it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Do this up to 3 times each week.
5. Adds volume to hair
- Epsom salt is also healthy for your hair. It can add body to your hair, remove excess oil from your scalp and keep your scalp healthy. Plus, it can remove the buildup of hair products on the scalp that cause problems like thinning hair, hair loss and oily hair. Also, the minerals in epsom salt help repair and strengthen damaged hair.
- To make a volumizing hair mask, mix equal parts of a warm deep conditioner and epsom salt. Apply it on your slightly damp hair. Leave it in for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with cold water. Use this hair treatment once a week only.
- If you have oily hair, add a little bit of epsom salt to your shampoo and wash your hair as usual. Do it 2 times a week only.
6. Exfoliates skin
- For healthy and smooth skin, it is essential to exfoliate properly once or twice week. This helps get rid of dead skin cells and remove oil from skin pores that can cause itchiness, pimples, blackheads and other common skin problems.
- You can simply rub a handful of epsom salt over damp skin to remove dead skin cells, then rinse it off with warm water.
- Another option is to mix a handful of epsom salt with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and rub it all over your wet skin to exfoliate. Rinse thoroughly.
- Use either of these treatments on a weekly basis to make your skin healthy, smooth and soft.
7. Treats sunburn
- Epsom salt is very soothing for sunburned skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties alleviate mild sunburn irritation like itchiness and pain. It can even help maintain an even skin tone.
- To treat sunburned hands and legs, mix 2 tablespoons of epsom salt in 1 cup of water and store it in a spray bottle. Spray it on the affected area. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then take a bath. Do this several times a week to notice improvement.
- Another option is to fill a bathtub with lukewarm water and mix in 1 cup of epsom salt, stirring thoroughly so the salt crystals dissolve properly. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil and soak in the water for 20 minutes.
8. Alleviates foot problems
- Be it athlete’s foot, foot odor, dry foot, pain or any other foot problems, epsom salt can be used to treat these issues. Also, its natural exfoliating properties will help soften rough and callused skin on your feet.
- To get rid of foot odor or relieve symptoms of athlete’s foot, add ½ cup of epsom salt to a foot tub filled with warm water. Soak your feet in it for 10 minutes once daily until the problem is resolved.
- To treat toenail fungus, soak the affected toes in hot water mixed with a handful of epsom salt 3 times a day until you get rid of the problem.
9. Improves heart health
- Epsom salt also improves heart health. The magnesium helps maintain a normal heart rhythm and healthy arteries. When the arteries are healthy, there is less risk of blood clots, plaque buildup and damage to arterial walls.
- Also, epsom salt improves blood circulation, which in turn reduces the risk of heart disease and strokes.
- Enjoy an epsom salt bath 3 times a week to improve your cardiovascular health and reduce the risk of heart attack.
10. Improves digestion
- Epsom salt assists in the elimination of harmful toxins and waste products from the body and the digestive system. It also works as a laxative to soften stools, making them easier to pass, and can be used to treat constipation.
- Dissolve 1 or 2 teaspoons of epsom salt in 1 cup of warm water and drink it on an empty stomach once a day. When taken internally, epsom salt can cause some side effects, including gastrointestinal irritation, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. Consult your doctor before taking epsom salt. Do not take it longer than 1 week.
- Also, soaking in an epsom salt bath helps reduce water retention and tummy bloating.
- Prevents Diabetes: A single serving of onions contains 27% of your biotin DRI. Biotin has many positive impacts on your health, one of which is combating symptoms associated with type 2 diabetes. Early research suggests that a combination of biotin and chromium might help regulate blood sugar and even decrease insulin resistance.
- Healthy Skin: Biotin is also important in maintaining healthy skin. It is used to treat brittle nails, prevent hair loss (although research is still ongoing as to its effectiveness in this regard) and maintain skin health.
- Improved Immunity: Onions contain both vitamin C and photochemical that increases the effectiveness of vitamin C in your body. What does that mean? A healthier, more effective immune system, that’s what.
- Prevents Cancer: Quercetin is more than just a funny looking word. It’s also a plant flavonoid (another funny word that means plant pigment) that possesses potent antioxidants, which fight against cancer-causing free radicals. Free radicals are chemical compounds that damage cell membranes and cause cell death. Onions are rich in quercetin and thus are a powerful weapon in the war against cancer.
- Relieves Stress: Quercetin doesn’t stop there. It also helps protect your body against stress. When you are stressed out your body produces cortical. While cortisol is totally normal, too much of it can damage muscle tissue and cause protein breakdown in the body. That’s where quercetin-rich onions come in. During times of prolonged stress, quercetin suppresses enzyme required for cortisol release. Next time you have a stressful deadline to meet at work, bring along a few raw onions to snack on!
- Lowers Cholesterol: Raw onion also promotes production of HDL which is the good cholesterol that you need to stay healthy.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Onions have anti-inflammatory properties help those who suffer from joint pain and arthritis. But the benefits of betalain is not limited to those with swollen joints; all disease is rooted in chronic inflammation, and, therefore, everyone should seek out foods with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: The sulfur in onions acts as a natural blood thinner and it prevents blood platelets from collecting. This is good for lowering blood pressure and preventing risk of heart attack or stroke, because you are more susceptible if blood platelets clog up. And remember quercetin? Of course you do. Well it also helps prevent plaque buildup in arteries which is also good for preventing heart attack and stroke.
- Digestion: Onions are high in fiber, which is good for maintaining a healthy and regular digestive system. Fiber prevents digestive pain and breaks down food can keep it moving.
Bone Density: Onions bolster bone density for older women. One study found that menopausal women who incorporated onions into their diet had a 20% lower risk of health disease.