Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Sneha Jayagopal
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Sneha JayagopalYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from stress and over thinking and how to overcome these issues and negative thinking and suicidal thoughts? Help me out.
Hello, My boyfriend has deep depression and he hurts every part of body (one moment he hurts leg and in the other moment he hurts stomach). He wants to die, also he has phobias that he has some incurable diseases. Often (at least once in day) he feels lack of ability of breathing and he feels afraid of being asphyxiated. He has no heart diseases, but feels hurt in chest too. Please tell me, probably what diagnosis can be, and how can be solved this problem?
I have a problem that I read book when exam time n I forget everything when writing exam so wt I can do for good memory.
Hello sir, i am feeling guilty about the death of my grand father. i feel guilty of not taking enough investigations at his final period of life and could not forgive myself from this. i feel so depressed and feel like i am a terrible lazy person and should be punished in hell. please advice
PTSD is a neurological disorder which affects individuals after experiencing severe traumatic situations. The individuals find it difficult to cope with such situations and often have flashbacks of those moments of trauma. Stress, as a result of the trauma wrecks the normal nervous functioning of the individuals. PTSD can have the following symptoms:
- Flashbacks of the traumatic event
- Nightmares, which are repetitive and severely distressing
- Images from the traumatic event intruding during the day
- Reminders of the event provoking distress
Avoidance or rumination:
- Those suffering from PTSD avoid being reminded of the trauma, such as people, situations or circumstances associated with the event. They try to suppress memories associated with the event.
- Many others ruminate excessively and prevent themselves from coming to terms with it.
Hyper arousal or emotional numbing:
- Hyper vigilance for threat
- Exaggerated sterile response
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleep problems
- Difficulty experiencing emotion
- Emotional detachment from others
- Giving up activities which mattered before the trauma
- Amnesia for salient aspects of the trauma
How to manage PTSD?
The following tips will help to come to terms with your traumatic episode and ease stress:
- If symptoms are mild, then observing the patient is preferred
- If symptoms are chronic, then trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT) proves to be beneficial
- Alternative treatments include eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Comorbid symptoms such as depression, general anxiety and alcohol or substance abuse are secondary to PTSD. PTSD should be treated first and then the associated symptoms should be addressed.
- Mindfulness meditation (not a treatment option) helps in recognizing cognitive dissonances and affected thought patterns and aids in recognizing and overcoming their influence.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!