Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Mr. Satish Kumar NagururuYour feedback matters!
I am done ECG echo tmt lipid thyroid all are normal since November but in echo report shows GRADE 1 DYSTOLIC DYSFUNCTION AND TACHYCARDIA DURING STUDY AND RECENTLY ECHO REPORT SHOWS NOTHING.
I am not able to concentrate on my education. When I sit for studying, I have started thinking on other matters. What should I do for better concentration?
I just done understand why I'm not in a mood to do anything, not wanted to continue with my hobbies. To eat properly food was my favourite thing and nowadays I'm not eating a single roti. Not in a mood to talk to someone. I was doing my dads business But now a days I don't like to go there too. Is it a sign of depression or something. I know tensed for future. I'm 21. What should I go for?
I need to gain self confidence and 8 need to gain a good memory power I forget wt every I study within an 1 ill be completely blan can you help me.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Hi Actually I got into a physical fight with my husband and its quiet often we fight. And during one of those angered moment I had scrached my husband with my nails and he even bleeded and in the past four five months I have been doing the same, but he didnt take tetanus vaccination. Do you think its a dangerous sitiation and how can we rectify it? because my husband says the vaccination should be taken within 24hours and the bad effects would come after 10 years! I am really worried as he had been wounded by my nails many times in the past few months, but we didn't gave him any vaccination and its over 2 months. Please help!
I have diabetes since 10 years and I walk and being very energetic. My diabetes is completely under control. Since last one year I feel I have memory loss issue, I tend to forget anything I see or hear, I find it tough to remember anything I read or see. Is it alziemer? If so pls advise any exercise or food or medication. Regards.
I am 20 years old. I am having grey hair from starting of my teenage till it continues now percentage of grey hair is increasing. I am having stress also, The hair which. Had turned into grey is permanent or it is Curable can it turns to black.
I sometimes I feel I am in depression, do people in depression gain weight? how to get out of depression ?
Hi I wanna know one thing and that is. Is there any hope of complete recovery from mental illness like :-bipolar disorder and schizophrenia etc (in future or not)
Chronic nightmares are caused by a lot of internal as well as external factors. It can cause sleep disorders and can affect your overall health. Some of the key reasons that contribute to chronic nightmares are mentioned below:
- Stress and anxiety: Anxiety can come in many forms. It can happen due to simplest of reasons such as moving to a new place to joining a new job, suffering from trauma to losing a close one in the family, etc. Stress as a result of these can lead to bad dreams and chronic nightmares.
- Media: Suspense shows or scary movies are also known to cause nightmares. Recalling visual imagery from a recently watched horror movie during sleep can appear in the dream without any intervention. The brain can create a sequence and produce imagery based on one’s recent thinking process.
- Depression: A Finnish Study showed that more than 28 percent who suffers from depression get nightmares at night. A negative mindset coupled with poor self-confidence can lead to chronic nightmares resulting in sleep disturbances.
- Traumatic experience: Any recent experience of surviving a natural disaster, violence in the relationship, major vehicle accident, are frequently linked with nightmares. More than 50 percent of the people with PTSD suffer from nightmares reveals the National Center for PTSD, USA.
- Drugs and Medications: People coming out from recent medication such as barbiturates, narcotics and antidepressants often suffer from hyperactive neurotransmitter leading to nightmares. Withdrawal from alcohol and recreational drugs are also known to be responsible for chronic nightmares.
- Snacking Before Bedtime: Often eating before sleeping triggers the metabolism and signals are sent to the brain to be more active than usual. Junk foods and spicy meals should be especially avoided to refrain from chronic nightmares.
- Inability to Relax: Inability to relax gradually builds up a basic level of underlying arousal process which later contributes more in further reaction towards stress.
- Conflicting Material: Any conflicting material which we are not aware of might lay embedded in our subconscious mind, which might contribute to repeated nightmares.
So basic idea is to learn some relaxation technique and practice those. If the condition persists then it will call for a detailed assessment and may be some medication besides Psychological measures.
How to get rid of nightmares?
- Treat the underlying symptoms: It is important to identify the cause of the nightmares. Often stress, PTSD, anxiety and depression can cause nightmares. Once the cause is identified, medical help or self-help techniques can be employed to overcome it.
- Exercise: Exercise tires the body and relaxes the brain. From dancing to rock climbing, running to rowing, hitting a gym to brisk walking, one form of exercise should be daily practised to make sure you get sound sleep during the night.
- Talk to your doctor: If you are undergoing any medication that involves withdrawal, anxiety, narcotics, you should immediately consult a doctor about the effects of medicine. A doctor can either reduce the dosage of medicine or change the medicine altogether to address the problem
- Stress Reduction: Stress can be reduced by practising yoga and meditation. You can also take a hot shower before going to sleep to calm yourself down. A relaxed mind goes a long way in ensuring sound sleep during the night.
I am 23 Male, 177 cm height, 90kgs weight. My main problem is regarding my 10.5 cm (erect) penis. On flaccid state it looks really tiny, even in erect state I am tiny compared to average standard size. I strongly doubt that this is due to my testicles that appears to be small than any common man has. Also one among the testicle (left one) is considerably smaller than right one. Also I have problems while masturbating, it is that I cannot produce self lubrication since I have started masturbation.
We are twins . He wants to have sex with mom but my mom is satisfied with my dad . They do sex every week. And sometime mom also gives signal . How to help him .he wants to sex with mom anyhow.
Sir I got the viral fever since yesterday please tell me which kind of diet I have to take to recover from weakness early. As my exams are coming near.
Hi im 20 years old boy im full of negative vibes all time depression mode anger lonely I do not know whats wrong with me all the time thinks about sexual activity I use always phone less concentration on studies headache is there chest pain breathing problem weakness is there please help me prescribe me some good medicine to get rid out of this please help me im helpless hopeless im soft hearted guy I do not have good friend circle I stay all alone at room rome around alone I cry I speak less nowadays I couldn't interact with people every one hates me please help me I feeling really low all the time.
Hi. I am smoking from last 10 years. Now I am trying to family planing from one year. But I do not get result. My smoking habit may be problem to conceive?
Borderline Personality Disorder is purely a personality disorder caused due to multiple factors. An individual suffering from BPD maintains unstable relationships with other people, shows inappropriate emotional reactions and possesses suicidal or self-harm tendencies. Individuals suffering from BPD may find it difficult to stay alone. They fear abandonment and loneliness. Yet they have a tendency of showing mood swings, sudden emotional outburst or anger and hostility. This prevents them from having a long lasting relationship in life.
It usually starts affecting the individual's life from early adulthood. It, however, seems to improve with age. The individuals also have distorted self-image. He or she is unclear about what they want from life or what they are in reality. Even minor incidents can trigger intense reactions in people with BPD.
Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder:
The signs of suffering from BPD are listed below:
- Intense and frantic effort to avoid abandonment or loneliness
- Unstable relationships with people and changing the attitude towards them drastically. It can change from being in immense love with each other to intense hatred.
- Developing paranoid thoughts and having dissociative feelings-The individual often lacks the feeling of self and suffers from identity crisis.
- Suicidal feelings and attempts
- Tendency to cause self harm or destruction by drug abuse, driving irresponsibly or be having unprotected sex
- Reflecting intense depression
- Chronic boredom
- Sudden anger and hostility
Causes for Borderline Personality Disorder: Borderline Personality Disorder can be caused due to multiple reasons. Usually it has been found by researchers that it occurs to individuals who have had a disturbed childhood. Complex and unpleasant happenings in the childhood may leave a deep impact on the individual's personality, which comes back as a disorder in his or her early adulthood. From mental, physical to sexual abuse in the childhood can lead to this condition in adults.
Besides, researchers have discovered recently that this illness has hereditary links. Some genes may be responsible for BPD. Improper functioning of the brain is also another factor. Especially, the portion of brain that controls emotions might not be functioning properly in co-ordination with other parts of it.
Treatment: The treatment of BPD involves three steps- psychotherapy, medications and support from peer and family. Dialectical Behavioral therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy and psychodynamic psychotherapy are used in treating the individual. There are no specific medicines to cure identity crisis, boredom and loneliness. However, other symptoms like mood swings, depression and anxiety can be treated with anti-depressants and mood stabilizers. Antipsychotic drugs are also helpful to a certain extent. In extreme cases, hospitalization may be needed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.