Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. Alfred Mascarenhas
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Mr. Alfred MascarenhasYour feedback matters!
For many people, relaxation means that partition get in front of the TV at the top of a nerve-racking day. However this will very little to scale back the damaging effects of stress. To effectively combat stress, we'd like to activate the body's natural relaxation response. You’ll try this by active relaxation techniques like deep respiration.
Deep Breath Technique
Most people take short breaths into their chest. It can make you feel anxious and zap your energy. Here, you'll learn how to take Deep Relaxation & Breathing Exercises, all the way into your belly.
- Get comfortable. You can lie on your back in bed or on the floor with a pillow under your head and knees Or you can sit in a chair with your shoulders, head, and neck supported against the back of the chair.
- Breathe in through your nose. Let your belly fill with air.
- Breathe out through your nose.
- Place one hand on your belly.
- Place the other hand on your chest.
- As you breathe in, feel your belly rise.
- As you breathe out, feel your belly lower.
- The hand on your belly should move more than the one that's on your chest.
How to Focus in Breath
- Close your eyes if they're open.
- Take a few big, deep breaths.
- Breathe in. As you do that, imagine that the air is filled with a sense of peace and calm. Try to feel it throughout your body.
- Breathe out. While you're doing it, imagine that the air leaves with your stress and tension.
- Help in Deep Relaxation & Breathing Exercises
Deep Breathing Exercises Benefits
- heart rate slows down
- breathing becomes slower and deeper
- blood pressure drops or stabilizes
- muscles relax
- blood flow to the brain increases
Good Health & Beating Stress
- Using breathing, breathing Exercises can ease the symptoms of stress, anxiety, sleep problems, blood pressure and COPD.
- Breathing exercises help us more effectively inhale and exhale, using our diaphragm.
- By changing the way we breathe, we can better control our emotions.
- What makes breathing exercises extra useful is that you can do them anywhere, at any time.