Memory lapses aren’t exclusive to old-age which is why it is necessary to keep your mind sharp across all ages. The cognitive skill, memory, can be affected by various factors such as lack of sleep, hypertension, substance abuse etc. Here are a few tips which will help you keep your mind sharp:
Take Frequent Breaks: If you work for long hours at a stretch without taking a break, you run a risk of putting excessive strain on your brain which slows down its reflexes. Giving the brain a break once a while is a good idea and during a “brain break”, you could engage in mentally stimulating activities such as playing Sudoku or puzzles.
Repeat To Learn Better: If you want to remember a crucial piece of information, it is advisable that you repeat that particular piece of information more than twice for a more comprehensive understanding. This tip would be even more effective if you read out aloud the information which needs to be remembered for uninterrupted concentration and comprehension.
Learn To Play An Instrument: Learn to play a musical instrument and regularly practice it as music stimulates the cells in your brain. Studies have shown a strong connection between relaxing forms of music such as instrumental or Celtic music and the motor areas of the brain which are linked to the learning and cognitive spaces. This happens because music triggers the “feel good” neurotransmitter in your brain.
Dietary Changes: Incorporate more nutritious items to your diet such as fresh fruits and vegetables as they are rich in fibre and vitamins which keep the brain and body healthy. Adding fish oil or fatty fishes such as salmon and trout is a must because they are rich in Omega-3 acids which help your brain retain information for a longer period.
Over-indulging in junk food can cause your brain to slow down while extreme crash-diets can cause lethargy in the cognitive areas of your brain. Hence, you should aim to balance your meals.
Anxiety refers to an emotion,which you may feel due to a stressful condition. No matter how much you try, it is not possible for you to stay happy and carefree always. There are many situations in life that make you anxious and create stressful conditions for you. But you must try your best to overcome anxiety, as prolonged anxiety can lead to severe health problems such as heart diseases, asthma and chest pain. There are many causes responsible for anxiety.
Some of the causes are as follows
- Emotional stress which may develop due to personal problems.
- Stress at your workplace or educational institute.
- If you suffer from any traumatic situation, then it may lead to anxiety.
- Financial problems may cause stress and anxiety.
- Stress caused due to social problems.
Some of the most common symptoms of anxiety are
- Muscle pain
- Feeling restless
- You experience rapid heart beats
- You may often get irritated
Homeopathy offers promising treatments for reducing anxiety
Some of the treatment methods are mentioned below
- Aconite: Your doctor may suggest you this medicine if you show symptoms of breathing trouble or you experience rapid heartbeats or if the complexion of your face changes. This is also recommended in case of panic attacks and nervousness.
- Lycopodium: This is effective in reducing anxiety if the cause of your anxiousness is emotional stress and also if you show symptoms of irritation, diarrhea or fear of claustrophobic situations.
- Phosphorus: This medicine is recommended if you suffer from emotional stress and show symptoms of extreme and uncontrolled anger.
- Pulsatilla: This is a medicine, which may be advised to you if you suffer from anxiety due to emotional insecurity.
- Argentum Nitricum: This may be prescribed to you if you suffer from anxiety resulting from phobias.
- Arsenic album: Your doctor may advice you this medicine if you show symptoms of restlessness or if your anxiety is due to financial insecurity.
Homeopathic treatment for anxiety is very effective since it treats your problem after examining the root cause of your anxiety.
Have you noticed yourself feeling diminished consistently? Do you find yourself apologizing to your partner even despite being on the receiving end of your lover’s bad behavior? Have you been feeling that your partner takes you for granted and also takes advantage of you? If the answer of the these questions is a ‘YES’ then it establishes that you are dating an emotional manipulator.
Being in a relationship with an emotional manipulator may not only scar you emotionally but also cause severe damage to you in the long run. Here are some warning signs to watch out for:Here are some warning signs to watch out for:
1. Your partner diminishes your feelings: Emotional manipulators are selfish people and are concerned solely about themselves and their desires. They do not care about your feelings and when you try to share some grief or feelings, they may turn you down by saying you are stupid or are over-reacting. Sometimes, their manipulative nature makes you think that they are right. An emotional manipulator also does not apologize and blames you for something, which is actually their fault.
2. Your partner often lets you down: If you get insulted, embarrassed or are made fun of by your partner frequently, especially in public, he or she is likely to be an emotional manipulator. The person is likely to prey on all your insecurities. You may be made fun of in front of your family and friends, by your partner, which crosses the limit of joking. Even if you convey that you are hurt by these actions, they do not change.
3. Your partner blames you for their bad behavior: An emotional manipulator will never take the blame or responsibility of their bad deeds. Instead, they will try to put the entire blame on you with lame justifications. If your partner is an emotional manipulator, it is likely that he or she would ask you over and over about your feelings.
4. Your partner does not explain themselves: Emotional manipulators are likely to hold back their issues and do not bother to explain their actions. Actually, such people do not intend to connect emotionally with you. They will try to impose themselves upon you and feel that they are superior than you. Such people get angry very easily if you cannot manage time for them.
5. Your partner changes ways only after extremities: Emotional manipulators do not care about your feelings and when you are fed up and want to leave, they start overreacting and promise to make positive changes. However, after a while they regain their previous attitude.
The above signs indicate that your partner is an emotional manipulator. If you experience these signs, the best decision is to leave your partner and move on.
How to come out with depression. I am badly suffering from this. Feeling fear to come in front of grps. Feeling laziness all the time. having no interest towards any work. Also interest towards sex. And I am also suffering from ghat rog. Kindly suggest any beneficial suggestion to come out all of this. Penis is also so weak .strongness of penis is affected.
My son aged 5.10 years behavioral problem is there in school and home we started ayurvedic medications so wanted to know.
I am 61 healthy. Some times when I think future of my wife n children in the event some thing happens to me even though we are all okay by health, wealth etc. I get worried, depressed, anger etc. How to overcome? Is that. "All is well" works or how do I divert thinking negative like that. Pl suggest.
I am a 24 year old male. I am having problems speaking properly mainly due to breathlessness. I also get sudden panic attacks when others call my name in meetings etc causing me to stutter in my speech. Sometimes I just cannot start with the word I want to start with, and I instead have to insert two words before starting the sentence, like "Um" "Basically" "So. Etc. I think I have some sort of anxiety disorder. Its gradually becoming worse, due to which I'm avoiding many things I normally enjoy like team outings, group events etc, simply because I can't talk properly. Is there any over the counter medication to relieve this anxiety/panic attack problem?
Hello, I am 25 year male. I have a boss at my work who always try to find silly mistakes in others and criticize them with no reason. He as lot of ego. And always thinks he is only right. Do not listen to others. He will not trust anyone. He wants everyone should be under the control of him like a hitler. If any one dares to tell his explain about his attitude he used to target them personally. Wait for chance to take revenge on them. I have been facing lot of problem with his behaviour from the last 6 months. I am loosing my confidence. I have work with him next 2 to 3 years. Please give any suggestions to me to handle him instead of changing them. I engaged in doing gym to retain my confidence.
Want a good reply mainly from psychologists. I am a defense asiprant & in selection procedure we have to go through a psychological tests such as thematic appreciation test (picture perception test, word association test & situation reaction test. Is there any way apart from those rectification other candidates do in coaching to do brilliant in these test. There the psychologists look for 15 qualities in candidates, how can they be able to judge a candidate with speaking or seeing them just with the words or sentence or the story they make.
I feel very nervous and tensed when some different situation appears from my routine life. This results into acidity and headaches. Eg. In exams this happens every time or when I hurt my living in that situation it happens. I always have intuition that some worst is happens and nothing is positivity in my life. Suggest me some to avoid acidity and headache in that situations.
I'm suffering from anxiety neurosis. To treat it who is better whether psychologist or psychiatrist. And how much time take if psychologist handle this case, and also if psychiatrist takes how much time.
Sir now a days I do not know why I can not remember the things which I have studied. Not only in study in normal life also I sometimes forget the things which is happened the day before. What is the problem? Can you pls help me to get out of this? I am having many difficulties in my study. I think it is because of masturbating. I masturbate every other day.
I get panic quickly even for small situations. My heart beats fast. Blood pressure increases. Feel pain in legs. Why is that? How to overcome?
I have a stammering problem. What should I do to cure this problem and remove the stammering problem.
I am 21 year old boy I want to spend more time on my further studies sometimes I am getting distract and thinking negative is this any problem in my brain? So how can I concentrate as well spend much more time on the studies. So please give me some tips what should I do that vl be your great humbleness Thanks.
Sir, I am studying b tech 2 and years age 18 my mood some times changes without reason and I am thinking bad about my life all bad thoughts and I use phone daily 6 hrs a day.
In depression citalopram10 mg hs clonazepam 1.25 hs but can not feel fresh after sleeping at night. Which medicine I should add?
I am a student so please tell me that how can I keep my brain healthy and active? Is there any medicine?
Hi Doc, I have addition of chewing tobacco (rajnigandha-tulsi) from last 5 years. Now I want to leave this but not able to left it by my self. I tried so many time but not succeed. I also tried nicotex to leave this habit but not succeed. So can you please suggest any medicine by help of which I can leave this habit in less time. Thanks in advance.
Near By Clinics
PsychologistOld Madras Road, Bangalore, Bangalore