Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Tripty BansalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
In order to diagnose the cause of my problem completely she asked me a number of questions. I was having very bad thoughts.i took a gain weight treatment. The overall atmosphere in the Arogya Nutrition Clinic is very soothing. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my problem. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend Tripty Bansal to anyone gladly.
I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend Dt.Tripty Bansal to anyone gladly. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Arogya Nutrition & Lifestyle Clinic. I was quite depressed due to my condition, but she guided me to change my attitude. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. She did my Diet Planning.
She is very professional dietitian and prescribe appreciate diet considering all relevant to the individual factor. I have been taking all advice from her for my diet and find most suitable considering my age ie. 66 yrs. I highly recommend to take proper diet as adviced by Dr. Tripty.
My health was degrading day by day for which I consulted Dr Tripty Bansal . He has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. She is a well known dietician in Karnataka. The Arogya Nutrition & Lifestyle Clinic is very well designed.
I am a sports person. And I needed a perfect diet for this. So I consulted Dr Tripy. She is quite knowledgeable dietician. She gave me a full diet plan which is must for sports nutrition.I am impressed with the way she treats her patients.
She is one of the leading Dietician in India. She prescribed accurate and balanced diet to the needy. I highlyI recommend public to have her consultant ion.
She is a very excellent nutrition guider.Her advice keeps me healthy and fit.
Today, olive oil is known as one of the healthiest oils for cooking food because of its low level of saturated fats. Olive oil is also said to be able to aid in weight loss, reduce cholesterol, lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases, slow down the ageing process and protect against certain types of cancer. However, not all types of olive oil are the same. Olive oil is extracted by crushing olives and is categorised on the basis of the type of pressing, acidity levels and extent of processing undergone.
Some of the common types of olive oil available are:
- Extra virgin olive oil: This refers to oil produced by the first ‘pressing’ of olives. This oil is extracted using only mechanical or other physical means and does not involve the use of heat or chemicals. The only processing is subjected to is washing, decanting, centrifuging and filtering. The maximum acidity level of this oil is 0.8%. Extra virgin olive oil has no added flavours or aroma and is said to have a superior taste.
- Virgin olive oil: This is the second grade of olive oil. It has slightly higher level of acidity than extra virgin olive oil. It may seem to have a slight flavour imperfection as compared to the earlier oil. This is most commonly used type of olive oil.
- Refined olive oil: Oil that is produced by subsequent pressings of the remaining olive flesh is known as refined olive oil. It has a lighter colour and is less viscous as compared to virgin olive oil. Unlike virgin olive oil, refined olive oil is bleached and deodorised. It may also be mixed with a little virgin olive oil. This type of oil has the same levels of monosaturated fat, but has very little antioxidants.
- Olive pomace oil: The crushed flesh and pits left over from the extraction of olive oil is known as pomace. This may further be used to extract oil known as pomace oil. Pomace oil is an inferior oil that may be mixed with olive oil to improve its taste and texture.
- Unfiltered olive oil: As the name suggests, the unfiltered olive oil contains bits of olive flesh. While this may enhance the flavour of the oil, it also causes a sediment to be formed at the bottom of the bottle. This sediment may become rancid over time and lower the shelf life of the oil. Unfiltered olive oil should ideally be used within 6 months of being bottled.
Apart from the above, there are a number of other types of olive oil such as early or late harvest olive oil, hand picked olive oil, single estate olive oil and flavoured oil.
In today’s world, we are going back to basics with a conscious effort to eat organically grown and home cooked food for a fit body. This is due to the fact that there has been a revival of many age old wellness movements like Ayurveda. Ayurveda is an ancient medical field that relies on the use of massages, oils and herbs for the resolution of various ailments. As per Ayurveda and other arms of holistic medical fields, green tea is an ingredient that is highly beneficial for the health.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of green tea:
- Antioxidants and Bioactive Compounds: Green tea consists of a number of bioactive compounds that can improve one’s health. These bioactive compounds include polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins which are best known as antioxidants. The formation of free radicals in the body is curbed by these substances which can further prevent aging and other ailments. The EGCG or Epigallocatechin Gallate is one of the most powerful antioxidants that can be found easily in green tea.
- Brain Function: There are also a number of brain boosting minerals and compounds found in green tea. These substances improve the brain function and keep away the signs of aging when it comes to this area. Caffeine is one of the key ingredients in green tea. This ingredient acts as a vital stimulant, which keeps the brain well functioning. Also, it has a positive effect on the neurons and neurotransmitters that are released by the brain. These neurotransmitters include dopamine and norepinephrine. In this way, green tea also reduces the risk of falling prey to conditions like Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Fat Burning: Green tea is an excellent fat burning supplement that is fast gaining popularity in the weight management market. The various elements of green tea help in boosting the rate of metabolism and increasing the fat burning process. This is due to the fact that it increases the expenditure of energy to a great degree. Green tea is also credited with the mobilisation of various fatty acids that can be found in the fat tissue of the body.
- Cancer: Green tea also reduces the risk of cancer because it has a number of antioxidants. It helps in the prevention of various kinds of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and even colorectal cancer.
- Dental Health: The substances that are found in green tea help in killing bacteria before it can infect one’s mouth. So, apart from cleaning the digestive system of various toxins, it also prevents plaque formation and tooth decay. It keeps dangerous bacteria like Streptococci Mutans away from the mouth and lowers the risk of caries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Normal butter and peanut butter are food spreads that are widely used by people across the globe. Both the butter variants vary in terms of their nutritional contents. While the normal butter is prepared from milk, peanut butter is prepared from roasted groundnuts.
Both the normal butter and the peanut butter varies in terms of nutritional values. Studies have shown that 100 grams of normal butter are equivalent to 720 kcal of energy. On the other hand, 100 grams of peanut butter possesses close to 520 kcal of energy in it. In terms of energy content, therefore, normal butter wins it by a long way.
The fat content of both the butter varies significantly. 100 grams serving of normal butter has a fat content of 81 grams. The same 100 grams of peanut butter has a fat content of 50 gram. It is, therefore, clearly evident that consumption of peanut butter makes more sense when it comes to less fat consumption.
When the protein levels were compared it was found that a general serving of 100 grams of normal butter fetches a mere 1 gram of protein whereas the same serving of peanut butter fetches 25 grams of protein. In terms of protein content too, peanut butter stands as a clear winner.
In light of the above fact, it might seem that consumption of peanut butter is a great idea but there is more than meets the eye:
Peanut butter contains omega 6 fats which are considered to be extremely unhealthy owing to its contribution to inflammation. Too much of omega 6 can lead to depression, obesity, lethargy etc. Since peanut has a ground connection, most of the times it has been found that peanut butter contains mycotoxins that eventually becomes a health hazard for many. Mycotoxins are also responsible for food allergies.
Normal butter has the following benefits:
Normal butter contains a component knows as the carotene. The latter is immensely beneficial for the body as the body can convert it to vitamin A and important antioxidants. Another component known as the Conjugated Linoleic Acid or CLS has been found in normal butter. The latter is found to have quite a good impact when it terms to cancer mitigation. Butter also possesses HDL cholesterol which is known to be extremely beneficial for cardiac health.
This being said, peanut butter extracted from organic source can do a world of good to a person in terms of health. The organic source ensures that the butter produced doesn’t have added preservatives and extra sweetener. The latter especially helps by adding less fat and more protein to the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
This green gourd may be bitter in taste, but is packed with so many benefits, people who use it swear by it. Whether it is diabetes or asthma, the green bitter gourd has helped in many ways. Read on to know some of the health benefits of this wonder gourd. Hope that makes you learn to relish it beyond its bitter taste.
- Weight management: 100 g of the vegetable contains just about 20 calories, and is one of the best low-calorie foods. Coupled with its other benefits (listed below), this should find its way to anyone wanting to improve overall health
- Diabetes: Karela has the chemical polypeptide-P which is also known as plant insulin. It works as insulin and helps in blood sugar control. A glass of bitter gourd juice is one of the most well-known and successful home remedies for diabetics.
- Rich in folate: Bitter gourds are rich in folates and one can get up to 20% of the recommended daily from about 100 g of this vegetable. Widely used in menstruating women and pregnancy to prevent anemia and blood iron levels. In pregnancy, it also helps reduce neural tube defects in the developing baby
- Loaded with antioxidants: Alpha and beta carotenes, xanthenes, and lutein. All these help in controlling the release of free radicals and reduce bodily inflammation. This is the most important reason for the development of diseases like diabetes, cancer, and premature ageing. Therefore, bitter gourd helps in preventing and/or prolonging the onset of these diseases. Another independent antioxidant is vitamin C, and about 100 g of karela provides more than 100% of daily required dose
- Good for digestion: Bitter gourd is widely used for its digestive properties. It improves mobility, relieves constipation, and reduces problems of indigestion
- Good for respiratory system: Respiratory benefits of bitter gourd include clearing up of sputum, improving breathing, and relief from cough. Widely used in asthma patients
- Blood purifier: It is an excellent blood purifier and juice consumed in the morning is one of the best ways to detox the body
Though still to be proven, karela is known to help HIV/AIDS patients, as they contain phytochemicals, which improve immunity and reduce overall infection and inflammation in the body
Methods of Use:
- Both the leaves and the bitter gourd per se can be consumed for their health benefits
- The juice is the most beneficial method, though it might take you some time to acquire this taste. Whether it is for weight loss or diabetes, this offers the best medicinal value
- Curries are usually prepared with karela in different styles depending on cooking preferences in that area
- It can also be baked, boiled, and fried.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!