Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Healthy Heart Diet
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Dt. Swarna MurthyYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir/Madam, My weight is 70KG's, Male -25 years and height is 5.7. I want my weight loss, if any efforts and any risk but no side effects. Kindly please suggest me.
Can I drink hot water I mean everybody says that you have to drink 8 glass of water so can I take 8 glass of hot water please suggest me.
Infections are caused by viruses, bacteria, mold and other organisms and lead to conditions like flu, chicken pox, pneumonia, sore throat, rashes, malaria and other ills. An infection occurs when these germs attack the body, causing it to respond with antibodies and white blood cells to defend itself. Preventing infectious disease involves eating a healthy diet, getting proper exercise to keep the body strong, and keeping clean by washing hands regularly.
I am taking lithium carbonate 300 mg for bipolar disorder currently I am started with fluoxetine 20 mg for OCD. Now feeling pounding of heart. Can I take lorazepam to reduce these symptoms?
Hi I'm a 35 year old female. I'm a diabetic patient. I read from Lybrate that lady's finger can reduce blood sugar level to an extent. But I heard that having lady's finger will increase the cholesterol level. Is that true?
I am a student . From some days iam feeling inching in my anus. I this is piles. I read about this on Internet. Iam loosing my weight very fast. Than I started running, it helps me allot but am becoming very skinny. Please tell me what should I do.
Hi doctor. My age is 20. And am physically involved with by boyfriends. I have no problem. is it right for my future health or not?
1. The nuts are rich source of energy and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.
2. They are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid and an excellent source of all important omega-3 essential fatty acids. Intake of walnuts in the diet helps to lower total as well as ldl or bad cholesterol and increases hdl or good cholesterol levels in the blood.
3. N-3 fatty acids by their virtue of anti-inflammatory action help to lower the risk of blood pressure, coronary artery disease, strokes and breast, colon and prostate cancers.
4. These nuts are packed with many important b-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, vitamin b-6, and folates.
5. They are an excellent source of vitamin e. Vitamin e is a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant, required for maintaining the integrity of cell membrane of mucus membranes and skin by protecting it from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
My weight is 78 kg my height is 170 cm how to loss weight? daily walk can reduce my weight? please help me?
1. Obesity is a growing health concern. Usually losing weight seems to be a mammoth task, but does not have to be.
2. The beauty of this weight loss tip is in the simplicity. Just drinking a pint of water, three times a day, before your main meals may help reduce your weight.
3. It is well established that water is essential for our health. It rids toxins from the body, transports nutrients and oxygen to cells, lubricates joints, regulates body temperature and protects the body's organs and tissues, among other functions.
4. Some studies have earlier reported that drinking water before a mental task can boost brain performance.
5. Drinking water increases your metabolic rate temporarily and it makes you feel fuller so you then eat less at mealtimes.
6. However there are some groups of patients, such as those with heart or kidney failure, for whom consuming a pint of water before mealtimes may not be appropriate.
I am going gym regular basis. 1 month ago I was doing chest exercise and suddenly I felt pressure on front side of neck after that day when I stop breathing for some time and during exercise vein starts pumping front side of my neck. So please give me some tips.
Here debunking 8 popular health myths-
1) Watch your portions: This rule is the source of major eating disorders. The moment we curb or restrict the food we're eating, we also stop agreeing with our hunger levels. We ignore the body’s demand. Instead of controlling your portion size, try asking 'Am I full? Am I still hungry?'
2) Exercise all the time: Exercise is certainly good. It helps in relieving the stress. However, vigorous exercise when you have cold or are feeling unwell may have a damaging effect. Always try to ask yourself, "Am I feeling better after doing exercise?" If the answer is "yes", keep at it. If you feel otherwise take a break.
3) Minimise your caffeine intake: Although excess of coffee can be bad, it is not really a nutritional criminal. Small doses of caffeine stimulate mental, memory and physical faculties. Regular coffee consumption may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease as well as some cancers. The coffee bean is also a rich source of antioxidants.
4) Drink lots and lots of water: Excessive water intake has a medical name, 'polydipsia', and it can be dangerous. Anywhere above 4 litres a day, (unless you are an athele) can disturb body’s electrolyte balance, especially potassium. The kidneys can also get damaged if they are filtering excessive amounts of fluid.
5) Stay away from alcohol: There is no denying the health and social perils of excess alcohol. However, moderated drinking has been its benefits. It increases HDL levels i.e. the good cholesterol, as well as decreases the risk of heart disease, diabetes and gall bladder disease. Particularly appreciable is red wine for it is a fine antioxidant.
6) Skip carbs to stay slim: Fad diets can be of temporary help. Carbohydrates or carbs are important for the body’s overall wear and tear. Carbs must not be completely shunned for they give energy.
7) Eat low-calorie to be healthy: When you buy food stuffs that’s labeled 'Low Cal' you're in fact buying junk. Our bodies need the entire food that we're eating in order to digest it and to retain its nutrients properly. If we can't stomach the real product, why not make our own, healthier version, and leave out all of the added sugars and heavy creams?
8) Avoid fat: When we substitute the real deal with toxic fillers in order to create a "fat-free" product, our body isn't getting the nutrition or satiation it's craving, so we keep eating. Don't skimp out or cheat yourself on healthy fats: Go for it!
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.