Doctor in B G S Clinic
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for B G S ClinicYour feedback matters!
It is very common for women to gain weight post menopause. A range of factors are responsible for this, such as slow metabolism, degradation of the muscle tissue and hormonal fluctuations, resistance to insulin, inadequate sleep to name a few. To make things worse, the fat on the thighs and hips gets transferred to a lower portion of the abdomen. This not only makes the whole body posture ugly, but increases the risk of heart diseases and diabetes. It is therefore very important to lose weight and maintain the right BMI.
Here are a few tips that can help do just that:
- Calorie count: Contrary to the popular belief, a drastic restriction in diet can do more harm than good. A less calorie count results in muscle loss and restricts the ability to digest protein. A better strategy, therefore, is to watch out for portion size rather cutting down on the diet. Frequent eating in small quantities can help in ensuring that the body retains its metabolic rate and weight gain is restricted at the same time.
- A healthy diet: A healthy diet necessarily need not restrict to fruits and vegetables. It essentially means cutting down on junk and processed food. In this regard a low carb diet greatly helps in losing weight, so is the case with a vegetarian and Mediterranean diet. However, be it any diet, the important thing is to ensure that it is freshly prepared and consumed at the right quantity.
- Exercise: Exercise is perhaps the single most important factor after or during a menopause. It not only helps to lose weight but helps to improve the mood, improve bone density and helps the body to tackle muscle loss. Cardio and aerobic training are known to be extremely effective for the purpose of losing weight. A recent research report suggests that performing repetitive exercise can be more effective than performing a variety of exercises. The trick is to keep the exercise schedule going every single day.
- Getting adequate rest: In order to maintain a healthy weight, getting adequate sleep is extremely important. People who tend to sleep little have a higher concentration of ghrelin hormone. The latter is known as the hunger hormone of the body that is responsible for the urge of eating. Less sleep also decreases the level of leptin hormone that gives a sense of fulfilment to an individual. Many women reportedly suffer from sleep inefficiency and suffer from night sweats, hot slashes, and stress. If such behaviour continues for long, medical help is necessary.
- Stay away from stress: Stress relief plays a pivotal role in ensuring that a person does not put on weight during the menopause. Apart from contributing to weight gain, stress can result in lead to heart diseases, elevated cortisol, and abdominal fat.
I don't have a desk job but my weight has gone up from 58 to 66 kgs in last 9 months. I want to lose weight. please help. Thanks.
I have gained lot of weight post delivery and now my weight is 72 kgs with bolted tummy, I feel very bad about my shape as I am just 26 years and I look very odd due to my weight. Kindly assist me on weight loss.
Contaminated food is one of the most common sources of infections in the human body and so the stomach is one of the most commonly affected organs. Whether it is eating raw food or unhygienically prepared foods, the stomach has very high chance of getting infected than other body parts.
One of the most common causes of stomach infection is the norovirus also called as cruise ship virus. Spread through vomitus and faecal material, it is quite contagious and can affect large amounts of people in confined areas like a cruise ship. The common symptoms would include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, bloated feeling, abdominal pain (generalised or localised), fatigue, and tiredness.
On the brighter side, there are well-proven measures listed below which are simple and easy to follow that can help avoid stomach infection.
- Restore bacterial balance: The good bacteria in the stomach are lost with the stomach flu and restoring it will help in managing the flu. A good amount of probiotics and fermented foods including yoghurt, sour curd, etc., will do wonders by restoring natural flora. Supplements can be taken if required, and these bacteria will restore the ability of the stomach to fight the virus.
- Isolation and separation: If there is a close family member affected by the virus, ensure they are staying separately and all their clothing (bedding included) are maintained in an isolated manner. Children and elderly need extra protection, whether they are affected or are in the same household.
- Cleaning methods: Since the virus spreads by contaminated faecal matter, vomitus and through surfaces, it is necessary to prevent the spread.
- When in doubt, washing hands is very useful. Use soap and water instead of a hand wash. Staying away from picking nose and touching eyes are also useful.
- The infected person’s clothes should be washed separately in extra hot water and bleached to get rid of the virus.
- Using the dishwasher or soaking the washed utensils in extra-hot water is a good way to get rid of the virus.
- Surfaces like laptops need to be cleaned more regularly and rigorously
- Steam cleaning of carpets is a good idea to get rid of the virus that may be locked there.
- Avoid going out or being in close contact for about a week, as the virus needs that much time to clear out completely.
- Food habits
Following the above measures can help avoid the stomach flu and stay healthy.
Anorectal diseases, affect the rectum or the muscles surrounding the analregion. Some of these conditions can be difficult to live with, as the symptoms interfere with everyday life. Here is a look at two of the most common anorectal diseases, their symptoms, and their treatment.
Anal fistula is an unnatural tunnel formation between the anus and a portion of the surrounding skin. It is usually caused due to an infection or blockage in the anal cavity. Here are some common symptoms associated with anal fistulas-
- Sharp pain originating near the fistula
- Redness of the skin around the affected region
- Anal swelling
- Pain during bowel movements
If you have anal fistula, you need to seek immediate treatment. Here are some forms of treatment used to manage the condition-
- No medication is able to treat the condition and surgery is the only available option.
- If the fistula is not too close to the anus, doctors will simply cut open the tunnel formed inside and let the body heal on its own.
- A plug may be inserted to close off the tunnel
- In some cases, a tube like instrument is inserted into the fistula tunnel to drain out the waste material prior to the surgical procedure.
A small tear or cut in the lining of the anus is known as an anal fissure. Often, such a tear causes discomfort and bleeding during bowel movement. Its symptoms include-
- A tear near the anus, which is visible to the naked eye
- Sharp pain during bowel movement
- Burning or itching sensation in the anal region
- Bright red stools.
Here is a look at the treatment options open to you, if you suffer from anal fissure-
- Laxatives and stool softeners
- Changing the diet to include more fibrous foods
- Submerge your anus and affected region in warm water. This is known as a sitz bath.
- Nitroglycerin ointment is applied to the tear to increase blood flow to the area.
Consult a surgeon immediately if you notice signs of either of these disorders near your anal region. The doctor will advise you regarding the treatment.
Acoustic neuroma is a benign tumor that occurs in the primary nerve between the brain and the ear. The tumor progresses very slowly and can influence your balance and hearing. In certain cases, if the tumor becomes very large, then it may also impair vital functions of the body.
The symptoms of acoustic neuroma tend to develop when the tumor starts to press on the nerve and its adjoining branches. The symptoms of this disorder are –
You may experience hearing loss on one side which might worsen gradually.
You may have problems in balancing yourself.
A continuous ringing sound in the ears.
If the tumor is large and presses on the nearby nerves, then you may experience numbness of the facial muscles.
In some cases, it may impair the vital functions of the body.
This disorder is caused by a malfunctioning gene. There is no documented reason as to why the gene malfunctions.
Constant Monitoring: These tumors tend to grow very slowly but might spurt in some cases. In order to prevent damage to your body, they need to be monitored on a regular basis. Imaging tests are recommended on a periodic basis to determine the growth of the tumor.
Radiosurgery: Stereotactic radiosurgery is done to treat acoustic neuroma that is small in size. In this surgery, radiation is directed at the tumor without creating any incision. It is done to limit the growth of the tumor and preserve your hearing.
Surgery: The tumor can be removed by using surgical procedures. It involves administering general anesthesia, followed by removing the tumor through an incision on the skull or the inner ear. Surgery is used to remove the tumor and preserve your hearing abilities.
There are many kinds of conditions and symptoms that require different kinds of surgery for treatment as well as diagnostic management. One such procedure is called a laparoscopy or the laparoscopic surgery.
This is a surgical diagnostic management procedure that is known to be a low risk process with minimal invasion and suitable for various types of ailments. Read on to know everything about laparoscopic surgeries.
- Definition: A laparoscopic surgery is one where small incisions are made and an instrument called a laparoscope is used in order to take a look at the organs in the abdominal region. This tool is a long tube shaped one that comes with its own high intensity light and a high resolution camera that can easily move along the walls of the organs while the camera sends back imagery that will be displayed on a video screen in front of the doctor. This avoids the need for an open surgery and helps the doctors in getting samplesfor a biopsy on an outpatient basis.
- Need for Laparoscopy: This procedure is performed when the patient complains of persistent pain that is also sharp and shooting, in the abdomen region and surrounding areas like the pelvic cavity. This non-invasive method helps in diagnosis where other imaging methods like an ultrasound and CT or MRI scans would have failed to give a conclusive reason for the pain and suffering of the patient. When these tests do not supply enough reason for proper diagnosis, then the doctors usually resort to this kind of procedure.
- The Organs it can be used for: The laparoscopic surgery can be used for many organs including the appendix as well as the gall bladder, the pelvic region and the reproductive organs, the small and large intestines, the spleen, the stomach, the liver and the pancreas.
- What all can it Detect: The laparoscopic surgery can help in detecting a number of issues including any abnormal growth or mass that may be a tumour. It can also point at the presence of any disease in the liver, as well as the proper functioning of certain treatments. Also, it can show the amount of fluid that may or may not be present in the abdominal cavity and the extent of cancer's progression in the body.
- Risks: There are a few side effects or risks of this method including fever, chills, swelling, bleeding or redness of the site where the incision was made for the surgery, and shortness of breath. All these symptoms must be reported to the doctor immediately as they may point at the presence of an infection. Also, there is a risk of organ damage in this procedure.
Sexual desires of a female vary in accordance with age and life circumstances. High sexual desires and low sexual interest can vary from one individual to another, and some of the factors that could contribute to this variation can be ending relationships, major changes in life such as menopause, pregnancy or any chronic health illness. Those females who tend to suffer from mood disorders also experience low sexual drives.
Let us look at some very interesting facts about the low sexual interest in females that occurs due to female fragility:
- Those females who experience a loss of interest in sexual activities might be suffering from stress, and this mental health condition is referred to as hypoactive sexual desire disorder.
- The characteristic symptoms of low sexual interest in females can be related to the loss of interest in any sexual activity such as doing masturbation. Another symptom can be very fewer fantasies related to the intimacy and no intimate thoughts at all. One of the major symptoms that must be observed is whether the person is experiencing any kind of personal distress due to this condition or not.
- There can be various causes for low libido, but one of the major categories of the causes is hormonal change or variation in the hormonal balance in the female body. There are two critical life situations in females where this hormonal variation is very prominent - pregnancy and breastfeeding, where the changes occur in the body and the pressure of caring for the baby can lead to changes in sexual interest.
- Another reason could be menopause where there is a significant decrease in the estrogen levels of females and they lose interest in sex due to the painful sensations while having sex.
- There can be other psychological causes related to the lack of sexual interest in females such as suffering from an anxiety disorder or in a depressive state for a considerable period of time. Also, any stressful situations related to personal life or professional life such as in relationships or at the workplace, lower self-esteem, any past illness or history of sexual assault or sexual abuse, etc can also lead to this problem.
- The relationship issues can play a very important role in the sexual interest of a female as poor communication with the partner, conflicts among partners, and trust issues.
Therefore, one must always consult a health practitioner regarding this problem as healthy sex life is an important part of everyone's life. So, you should always take care of your sexual health.