Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Samuel DavidYour feedback matters!
Obesity is unarguably one of the most regularly discussed topics around the world. A major section of the world's population is suffering from a variety of obesity related problems. There are a number of natural methods to check obesity; however, several medical surgeries are gaining popularity among the masses with instant results to reduce weight.
Here is a list of the most common types of weight loss surgeries:
1. Gastric sleeve surgery: This surgery is performed where removal of a large part of the stomach takes place. A long pouch is created, which connects the small intestine with the oesophagus. The pouch gets stapled and after that the other parts of the stomach are reduced. In some cases, an additional step is taken for reinforcement of the staple line.
Gastric sleeve reduces the size of the stomach and a patient will feel full after eating lesser amount of food. Because a portion of the stomach is reduced, lesser amount of hunger causing hormones are produced. The patient will therefore feel less hungry.
2. Gastric bypass surgery: This is another effective weight loss surgery, which reduces the patient's stomach size, resulting in reduced appetite. The intestines are rearranged, which makes the body absorb fewer minerals. While performing this surgery, the stomach is cut and stapled to create a pouch.
The remaining stomach is attached to the small intestine's top portion, and the small intestine is cut and attached to the pouch as well. After this, the end portion of the small intestine is connected with the non-pouch part of the stomach and is attached to the roux limb bottom. This makes the stomach's digestive juices to meet the food present in the intestines.
3. Duodenal switch: This surgery reduces the stomach size in patients, which leads to decreased appetite or craving for food. Fewer hormones, which cause hunger, are secreted and the rearrangement of the intestine causes the body to absorb minimal minerals or calories.
A part of the stomach is removed and a pouch is created. The small intestine's top portion is cut off, but the duodenum is kept attached to the stomach. The small intestines are cut, and the part attached to the large intestine called colon is connected with the duodenum. Finally, the loose end of the small intestine gets attached to the small intestine to enable digestive juices to mix with food.
4. Lap band surgery: By this surgery, a band is wrapped around the upper middle section of the stomach which squeezes the stomach. Thus a smaller section of the stomach is created above the band which fills up very quickly while having food. The patient feels full by eating less. A laparoscopic adjustable gastric band is used.
There are many different weight loss surgeries. Most of them aim at reducing the capacity of the stomach, so that the person eats less food.
I have fever for 2 week but clear the problem when my body was so tired in any work lot of pain then white medicine should for health?
I'm an eighteen year old male and have noticed something unusual in left eye. Whenever I am reading or writing or anything I do which requires continuous eye contact, water starts flowing continuously from my left eye. Happens every time when I do this kind of work. And also when I close my eyes, I really feel some heaviness or unusual thing in my left eye. It has been 3 months since I noticed it. Please suggest me something.
I am vegetarian and a housewife my weight is 75 kgs I want to reduce 5 kgs please suggest what should you do. I do morning walk daily for 1 hour.
Hello Doctor, My problem is that my tummy was came out side I want to become slim and fit. With an six pack abs. But without any side effects not with striods. I can do any thing for it. But I want the result in short time. I do not care how it expensive. But give me perfect advice. Give me the schedule what should I eat. Which exercise I do and which medicine I take to reduce belly instantly.
Sir I have some critical problem My weight is 111 kg and I'm only 19 year old. Please tell me how can i loose my weight?
Dr, pls suggest me the right diet schedule since I want to gain muscles. Also suggest me exercises to grow muscles without gym.
My weight is 82 and I'm fat. I want to know that if I lose weight then my fat will also gone? Or both are different and I need to take separate tips for both?
I am concerned a doctor Mr. Sanjeev Mittal in saharanpur he prescribed me topaz-100mg for weight loss but I am not filling well for taking this medicine. Tell me about this medicine?
There are many nutrients that are absolutely critical for the proper function of our brains. Going completely vegan and avoiding animal foods definately leads to deficiency in many brain nutrients vital for a healthy and kicking brain. I highly recommend that people who choose to avoid meat for ethical reasons (because there is no proven health reason) at least include some eggs and oily fish. A little bit goes a long way and it is possible to choose natural, humanely raised sources. Unlike herbivorous animals human digestive system contains enzymes to digest both meat and veggy sources.
So here are nutrients which are only found in animal sources and you cant get even trace amounts in plants:
1. Vitamin b12 vitamin b12 is critical for the nervous system and is primarily only in animal foods. A deficiency can cause all sorts of adverse effects on brain function.
2. Creatine creatine is an important nutrient in muscle and brain that helps to supply energy. Studies show that vegetarians have a deficiency in creatine that leads to adverse effects on muscle and brain function.
3. Vitamin d3 a large part of the world is deficient in vitamin d3, which is only found in animal foods. A deficiency in this critical nutrient is associated with depression and various diseases.
4. Carnosine carnosine is found strictly in animal tissues. This nutrient can reduce damage caused by elevated blood glucose and may have strong anti-aging effects.
5. Docosahexaenoic acid (dha) the omega-3 fatty acid dha is critical for proper function of the brain. It is primarily found in animal foods like fatty fish. Studies show that vegans and vegetarians are often deficient in it.
Optimally atleast one daily serving of animal product like egg, fish or meat is recommened for a healthy brain. But to those who really decide to remove all animal foods from their diet, then make sure to be very concerned about your diet and supplements, or you may end up very sick with a poorly functioning brain.