Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Ruha ArjunwadkarYour feedback matters!
Hi consult team, Regarding, one of my colliouge weight loose. She is 19 years old and she has 75 kg weight with height 5.4" And next winter she is going to marry and she want to loose weight before her marry. Please give the right suggestion of her. How to down her weight.
No matter how much you try, are you finding it difficult to lore some extra calories?
Well then, don’t fear because I am going to help you to lose those few kilos which are worrying you to death.
After you follow my tips (religiously, mind you), you will never turn down another party invitation because then you will a slimmer waist to flaunt rather than your previous paunch.
Hence, here are some tips to reduce your weight:
- Just because you are dieting doesn’t mean that you have to starve yourself to death and deprive yourself of all your favorite ‘fattening’ foods. Eat your favorites but first earn it. Set a target, if you lose five kilos, then you can have ONLY ONE SMALL SERVING (read ‘only one small serving’ in big bold and capital letters) of your favorite food, whatever it may be.
- T.V. has been rightfully called the ‘idiot box’, and if you don’t agree with me then listen, when you eat with the TV.V. in front of you, you tend to eat more and also put on weight. So turn off the ‘idiot box’ while you are eating.
- Hydrate yourself, drink loads and loads of water. Water speeds up your metabolism, so drink water to lose some of your flab. Drinking water also helps you to cleanse your digestive system.
- Workout, workout and workout, Spend an hour in the gym daily without missing even a day. Exercise is the only way to burn the fat; you don’t have an option but to hit the gym daily (even if you don’t like it).
- After working out don’t stuff yourself, eat small quantities of protein, soups, salads, nuts, dry fruits, etc.
- To lose weight one must control one’s diet. Quit eating from outside, eat homemade food. Eat only grilled foodstuff. Cook everything in olive oil but don’t use too much of it (after all it is oil i.e. fat). Eat salads, fruits, vegetables and nuts.
- Losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise (I know, this is quite depressing).
- Eat a light dinner that includes soups and salads only.
- Eat small frequent meals instead of large, heavy meals.
- Before going to parties eat some fruits and nuts so that you will not stuff yourself at the party.
- Hence follow these tips sincerely (if you do not follow them sincerely, then you will not be able to see the results).
Hence, do make sure that you keep a track of your weight, diet plan and exercise program.
I am 64 years old may be due to lactose intolerance or allergy to milk protien have not been able to relish milk products like yogurt, buttermilk for over a year etc that would restore healthy bacteria in my gut and lack of it seems to have affected my digestion and overall health. How do I rectify this deficiency and get the required probiotics for good gut health.
I am a diabetic history of 16 years. Till this time I am taking g food as per likings and high calories. Now I wanted a proper diet chart from morning to evening total calorific value of 1200 to 1400 calories.
These symptoms made her incapable of carrying out her household duties as efficiently as she used to earlier.
Concerned with her pain & apparent symptoms severity, her husband took her to a general physician who prescribed a battery of tests including MRI Brain only to find no abnormality.
Attending Physician prescribed some multivitamin syrups & pain killer medicines & also tried to assure the family that NOTHING was wrong with Shruti.
However, she continued to complain of body aches and headaches, with resultant chaos on home management front compelling her husband to hire a maid to look after all the work including health of Shruti.
Shruti started feeling guilty about this & she started remaining aloof and also had trouble sleeping at night.
Frustrated with the added financial pressure and Shruti's ever increasing health complains, her husband accused her of faking it in order to avoid doing work.
Her in-laws added fuel to the fire citing it was all a drama. This further added to Shruti's sense of guilt and her appetite significantly reduced. 4 months after onset of these symtoms, Shruti lost 10kg weight.
She started remaining on the bed for hours and hardly interacted with anyone. She also started voicing ideas of ending her life in order to relieve everyone off her responsibility & enabling them to lead a happy life!
Now concerned, her parents took the matter in their hands & took her to a psychiatrist.
At the psychiatrist’s clinic, after detailed evaluation , Shruti was diagnosed to be suffering from depression (severe without psychotic symptoms) and the psychiatrist pointed out that the headaches & unexplained body aches were a the starting points of depression itself. She was started on medications and counselling therapy and within 2 months time she recovered completely & once again happily assumed her normal HOME MINISTERS ROLE!
Depression is one of the most common mental disorder and seen in every 4 out of 100 persons as per World health organization (WHO) data
When one thinks of depression; a sad, tearful face comes to mind. But depression is more than just that. unexplained headaches, body pains, sleeping difficulties are often the presenting complaints of depression. Other presentations of depression are chronic tiredness, joint pain,back pain, gastrointestinal problems including frequent acidity, indigestion, appetite changes etc. without any probable detectable physical cause
Depression contributes greatly to the disability caused by headache and backaches. More than 50% of patients with depression who visit general practitioners complain only of physical symptoms and in most cases, these symptoms include pain. If physicians test all pain patients for depression, they might discover 60% of currently undetected depression in their OPD.
Complete Recovery from an episode of depression is possible & achievable to everyone after proper treatment with medicines, counselling sessions & lifestyle modifications!
Next time while visiting your general Physician for any of aforementioned pain symptoms, do ask.....''AM I SUFFERING FROM DEPRESSION? DO I NEED TO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST? AM I RECEIVING ANY MEDICINE WHICH SHOULD BE TAKEN ONLY UNDER SUPERVISION OF A PSYCHIATRIST??''
Remember, Mental Illnesses are TREATABLE!!