Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
I have tried many ways to reduce my weight but no use... What is the best and easy way to burn the body fat?
I am loosing my weight rapidly. I have tired all types of food. But no results yet. Can you help me with this?
I'm 19 years old and my height is 5'7' and my weight is 80 I really don't look that fat but I'm really worried about my weight please tell me.
Hi Team, I have tried several ways to loose my weight but not able to loose that, can you please suggest me the better ways to weight loss program and a good diet plan for me. Thanks & Regards, Harish.☺
Am having fever since Saturday.. 100 degree Fahrenheit of fever.. Also am shivering and i am always forced to cover myself under a blanket. Am having a bad feeling (like somebody is harming me with a needle) Also am having tendency for vomiting, havnt vomited. And am weak. I can not rest anywhere. I feel like walking here and there. And muscles pain are there too. And fingertips (both hand's and leg's) are also having the same needle harmed feeling. Also I forgot one.. Am having a burning like feeling+shivering at same time.
I am a 66 year old male type II diabetic using Galuvasmet50/1000 and Gluconorm G-1. Can you suggest a cheaper drug than Galuvasmet50/1000 which I am presently using and which is expensive.
I do not feel hungry. I can survive without eating anything for the whole day. But I am too thin. Would you please tell me how to gain some weight and how to be fit and muscular?
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term to refer to the phenomenon of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment known as melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends upon the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. When the skin gets darker, it is called hyperpigmentation and when the discolouration of the skin takes place or white patches are formed on the skin, it is called hypopigmentation.
Skin pigmentation can be tackled by certain home based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. A mixture of milk and honey peels off the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper-pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face Mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin from the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful for our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin.
Below given are some of the common products used in medical treatment of hyperpigmentation:
- IPL (Photofacial) - Treatment with intense pulsed light, or a Photofacial, is frequently recommended by doctors to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Chemical peel - A TCA peel or deeper phenol peel are also used to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Laser Peel - A variety of laser resurfacing treatments may be performed to reduce hyperpigmentation. CO2 lasers and fractional lasers are popular choices for skin resurfacing.
- Topical skin lightening products - Products containing skin lightening ingredients, such as hydroquinone, retinoids, kojic acid, and Vitamin C are often used to reduce hyperpigmentation.
Medical treatment is combined with procedures to get faster results.
Dear doctor I getting over weight and obesity and overweight fat who to reduce fat with sample diet n exciea.
My body is so week and no strong health I want to increase my body growth and strong so what I do please tell me?
I AM 66 YEARS OF AGE, MALE I AM ALWAYS ANXIOUS REGARDING MY HEALTH, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHETHER I HAVE ANY TERMINAL ILLNESS LIKE CANCER, WHAT SHOULD I DO TO CLEAR MY DOUBTS, WHAT ARE THE TESTS WHICH WILL ENABLE ME TO KNOW WHETHER I HAVE THE DISEASE OR NOT. I AM NOT HAVING APPETITE AND AM LOSING WEIGHT, IT CAN BE DUE TO MY MEDICATION FOR ATRIAL fibrillation WHICH I AM STILL TAKING. PLEASE ADVISE.
I am getting many moles on my body, I had consulted a skin specialist as well she said my moles are normal and no biopsy is needed. But I can't bear these many moles, they're on my face and actually two are developing right now as well, any way to stop the development of moles or remove them? Without surgery preferred.
I am 20 years old, I have a problem while doing home exercises about education. I am so lazy. What is the solution?
I am overweight by 10 kgs, I want to reduce in 1 month, by breaking down this goal in 3 sub goals that is by reducing 3 kgs in every 10 days, is it possible? I am currently 18.
Motor restlessness like unable to sit in a place, fidgeting etc,
Headache, neck pain.
Constant worries and always having the feeling of stand in edge.
Palpitations, tremor, sweating frequently.
Difficulty in sleep.
Fear of -something bad will happen.