Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Ruha ArjunwadkarYour feedback matters!
My weight is approx 90 and I want to reduce it I have done many exercise and yoga also to reduce the weight but there is nothing change in my body.
Hi doctor, I had a surgery of spleen removal, ehpov shunt, in march 2014, can I do heavy workout in gym. Gain muscles. My weight iz 89 kg and height 6' Feeling have lots of fat on stomach.
Hai .am 29 0 year old male . Am writing this to know that how to gain more weight . Am not gaining more weight . Still am only 50 kg . .how can I increase weight. Am eating food but not going weight.
I am 58 Yrs. I am told Diabetic as my HBA1C was 6.7 in Feb 2016. I am put on Metformin 500 mg twice daily. Now my HBA1C is 6.1 AM I to continue the same line of medication or stop because generally I was told by some people that in gestational diabetes also metformin is given and once the blood sugar levels come within limits. It can be stopped.
I am 45 years old and I am diabetic from past 9 years and in the both legs I have various veins, will it affect my legs in future or I have to get operated on both the legs.
Dear sir, My question is that my complete family is suffering from vit d deficiency and bad cholesterol problem and they did not have time for physical activity. What should be done in this case? Please help .
Doctor I feel sad every time. No interest in doing job fully laziness. I can not do anything. No interest in oll subjects. Doctor pls give any suggestions to change it.
A good night's sleep is very essential for the body and mind to recharge and be ready to function to its full extent each day. Though, the constant change in lifestyle has altered the fixed sleep hours, it is still advisable that for a healthy lifestyle, 7 to 8 hours of sound sleep is essential.
Studies reveal that about 60% of the UK population is sleep deprived, getting 6 or less hours of sleep. Further, studies have shown that there is a good correlation between a person's food habits and the sleep pattern. While some foods are good at inducing sleep, there are others which help you reduce fatigue that sleeplessness brings in.
The following is a list of foods along with their most significant benefits:
- Cherries: Cherries contain Melatonin which controls our biological clock and is often used to combat jetlag. Melatonin improves duration and quality of sleep.
- Bananas: Bananas are loaded with Potassium and Magnesium, which are very good for cardiovascular health and cognitive functioning and are believed to induce peaceful sleep.
- Mangoes: Mangoes help by boosting the immune system and provide a good night's sleep.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are believed to reduce oxidative stress and muscle cell inflammation and are an excellent choice of snack for lack of sleep. Blueberries balance the level of blood sugar and stabilize the hormone of satiety, Leptin, thus, inducing better sleep.
- Milk: A glass of warm milk induces sleep. Add a pinch of cinnamon and see yourself sleep even better. Scientists believe that Tryptophan and Serotonin do the magic. Not just milk, even other dairy products such as cheese can improve your sleep.
- Fish: Salmon, Sardines, and Tuna are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and also contain vitamin B6. All these are believed to improve cognitive state and are believed to induce a restful sleep.
- Nuts: Be it walnuts, pecans or cashews, all nuts have a soothing effect. They are a rich source of Tryptophan, which is an amino acid responsible for sleep. They release Melatonin and Serotonin which regulate the biological clock and manage sleep patterns.
- Herbal tea: For instance, Chamomile tea and Valerian tea act as a mild sedative and encourage a healthy sleep. The whole act of brewing the tea with the aroma wafting through the air is believed to promote a soothing effect too. Green tea is also considered as a god sleep inducing agent.
Am getting tired every day for working in site which type of food I have to take for getting energy while doing that work.
I have TB in my large intestine. I have become very weak and lose weight due to medicines. Now what can I do?
Hello, I'm Arunav I'm having problems as I am not able to sleep I'm having bad dreams, hallucinations, I don't feel tired and hence I can't sleep properly, please help.
Hllo Dr. I am 31 year old I want to gain my wait because my weight is very week .i eat every food but no improvement in my weight .tell me what can I do.
Sir I have 80 kgs height 5.2 inches how can I reduced my weight and obesity please give me suggestion.
1. Drink lukewarm water
2. Daily green drink
3. Dry skin brushing
4.20 minutes physical activity
5. Stress less