Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ramchandra
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. RamchandraYour feedback matters!
Being a woman has its own set of physical challenges. With the different anatomical and physiological features, the problems that women face also are different. Three out of four patients with hypothyroidism are women. Male to female ratio of migraine patients is also 3:1. These and various other diseases are predominantly seen in women. In addition to this, there is also the highly sophisticated gynecologic system. This brings its own unique set of diseases like dysmenorrhea, cysts, fibroids, menstrual problems.
Given that a woman’s body is quite unique and sophisticated with various organs working in close coordination with each other, let us take a look at how homoeopathy which usually tries to get to the root of the problem and correct the whole system as a whole.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS): PCOS has a strong genetic predisposition along with obesity and type 2 diabetes. There are often multiple cysts in the ovaries with irregular menstruation, a higher amount of testosterone, and fertility issues. In homoeopathy, Apis Melllfica, Pulsatilla, Lachesis, Graphites, and Sepia are frequently used based on patient’s symptoms.
- Irregular menses: What needs to be understood is irregular menses is a symptom of an underlying disease and a detailed history and clinical examination (including ultrasound scanning) are required to nail down the underlying reason. Natrum Muriaticum, Sepia, Pulsatilla, Senecio Aureus, Staphysagria, Cimicifuga, Euphrasia, and Magnesium Carbonicum are some common agents used to manage irregular menses based on underlying causes.
- Dysmenorrhea: Menstruation is associated with pain in the abdomen, hips, and thighs in a lot of women. However, this should ideally be a painless process as it is physiologic. In some women, it is also associated with severe cramping, diarrhea, and pain that is relieved with warmth. Pulsatilla, Belladonna, Mag Phos, Nux Vomica, and Cimicifuga are some commonly used agents to help women reduce the pain and relax.
- Infertility: Again, like irregular menses, there is a strong reason contributing to infertility which needs to be identified and addressed. Given the social nature of the issue, there is a strong psychological component, and so the couple should engage in a detailed mental and physical constitutional discussion to arrive at a customised regimen. Calcarea Carb, Borax, Aletris Farinosa, Natrum Phos, Pulsatilla, Sepia, Natrum Carb, Agnus Castus, Sabal, Conium are used for managing infertility based on accompanying symptoms.
- Thyroid problem: As noted earlier, hypothyroidism is extremely common in women. There is also a strong linkage between infertility, repeated miscarriages, irregular menses, etc. with the thyroid hormone levels. Calcarea Carbonica, Sepia Officinalis, Graphites, Lycopodium clavatum, and Nux Vomica are some commonly used homoeopathy products in hypothyroid women.
- Migraine: Another problem seen predominantly in women with strong linkage to menstruation cycles and hormones. Belladonna, Natrum Mur, Sanguinaria, Spigelia, and Glonoine are commonly used.
For these common medical conditions, especially in women, homoeopathy offers more holistic treatment with minimal side effects. It may take a while for the body to respond, but it is definitely advisable. Self-medication is best avoided as each woman is unique.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!