Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. RamchandraYour feedback matters!
Ovaries are normal in size but both ovaries shows multiple small anechoic sols in their parenchyma 4 mm to 7 mm in size.
Is it safe to take protein in gym, will it harm further body in older age, wht is the best protein to build up muscles.
My age is 26 and my weight is 82 height is 5.1 inch I desperately want to loose weight. Please help.
HI I have just delivered a baby 3 months ago and I have gained 25 kgs extra I have to go to work, I look very shabby please help me to lose weight.
Follow these 6 changes to your lifestyle to feel better and live healthier-
1) King’s Breakfast: Most people don't feel like eating much at breakfast, esp. the late nighters. However, ignoring or skipping breakfast sets a bad rhythm for the rest of your day and weakens your immune system. Having breakfast is a must and the ideal breakfast is one which is low in carbs and has a good portion of protein. For people short on time, a seasonal fruit with raw nuts and a little yogurt can be a good option.
2) Water Intake: Drinking inadequate water causes dehydration inside and can lead to a number of issues. Most common issues are headaches, dry skin, impaired sleep, joint problems, poor concentration as well as digestive disorders. Best way to address this problem is to keep water handy wherever you are. Try to drink about two litres of water each day. More, if its hot or after workouts.
3) Sleep Well: Sleep time is rejuvenation for your body. If you don't get enough sleep, you will deprive your body the time to recover and tackle whatever the next day has to offer. Try to be in bed earlier and get atleast 7 hours of sleep.
4) Physical Training: A good mix of aerobic as well as resistance training is quite important for your health. You feel more energetic and productive when you physically work out. Folks who exercise regularly are generally happier than those who are inactive.
5) Stress Releasing: Stress is a major factor in inducing various forms of illnesses. Stress must not accumulate. Try to give yourself some time every week to do things that you enjoy – it can be reading or meditating or enjoying the outdoors.
6) No Self Medication: Often one wrong medicine causes much more harm than any medicine at the right time, does good. Try to avoid popping pills without doctor’s recommendation. Many side effects or reactions to an existing medication or condition can lead to uncalled for problems and complications later. Don’t rely on sources like chemist or a relative to guide you, they might not look at the right details due to lack of knowledge. Say no to self medication.
Have any further questions? Click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media.
I am suffering with burning sensation at foot and nerves I am getting week presently I am taking insulin 25/75 insumam 15 two times along with other tablets so kindly prescribe the suitable medicines please.
6 Tricks to activate metabolism in the morning
Boosting your body's metabolism is largely related to burning calories and reducing weight. Try these effective methods esp. if you are overweight, if you are already lean, never over-do anything, be it exercise, eating or drinking.
6 ways that can help you improve your metabolism.
- Workout: Working out can be the easiest and best way of boosting your metabolism. Do walking, running and cycling. Sweating will tell you how much you have worked out and if you continue it for few months, the results will be favorable.
- Eat fresh fruits and salads: Don't starve yourself by not eating food properly. Avoid fatty and fried food but have as much fresh fruits and salad as you can. This will not make you put on weight. Keep taking fruits and salads at short intervals because these have an ability to get digested early as compared to fatty food.
- Take plenty of water: For increasing your metabolism, kick start your day with at least 3-4 glasses of water. It will help all your other efforts of reducing weight in sync. It will keep your body hydrated.
- Drink lemon in warm water and green tea: Waking up early can actually boost your metabolism; you can see the results after following this habit. Along with this, metabolism will get a boost if you get up half or one hour early. Leave the habit of taking normal tea, instead start taking green tea, it will not only be healthy but since it's an antioxidant, it will take care of your immune system as well.
- Lift weights: Lifting weights can give you instant results. Within a month of lifting weight you will experience boost in your metabolism. But this must be done under trainer's guidance.
- Eat boiled eggs and never skip breakfast: Having boiled eggs in the morning will fulfill your protein intake. Also, it will keep your stomach full for a longer time. On a way to boosting your metabolism, it's recommended not to skip breakfast at any cost.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'
I want to gain weight my age is 26 and my height is 5.6 my current weight is 50 can you suggest me any diet for my weight gain.
What I gt to know that someone can take any fruit of low to moderate GI even if he or she is diabetic. Like mango, banana etc. Is it true?
I am 27years old female and I want to reduce my lower back fatt please help me out I am just over weight
I am 34 years old and suffering from hypothyroidism and I have tried a lot to reduce weight but again gained it. Please help me to reduce weight?
Neglect of mental health reflects in one?s lifestyle and outlook on life, affecting his/her eating habits, physical appearance, relationships, social and professional life, etc. Stress or anxiety disorder are the most common mental disorders experienced by men and women alike. So how does one fight stress? Should changes first be made to one?s physical habits or should one first work on their attitude?
Yoga and Pranayam to fight Stress:
Physiological and Psychological effects are directly linked with each other and through the practice of Yoga we can restore both physical and emotional balance. A Yoga asana or posture can help you increase your focus and stay in the present moment, even though numerous thoughts cross our mind.
Pranayam or deep breathing helps you build your inner awareness and calm your mind.
PMS is often treated as a joke but for many women, it is a monthly nightmare. Muscle cramps, headaches, bloating, breast tenderness, anxiety and depression are common symptoms of PMS. Though there is no set cure for PMS here are a few tips that will help you deal with it.
- Set an exercise routine: Exercising not only helps you maintain weight but also helps dealing with PMS. You only need to set aside 30 minutes a day for a brisk walk, jog, swim or even dance. Aerobic exercises improve blood circulation, ease stress and help the brain release happy hormones.
- Change your diet: If you are feeling bloated and depressed, cut back on simple carbohydrates like sugar and fat and increase your consumption of complex carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Do not attempt a low carb diet to lose weight if you suffer from PMS. Reducing the simple carbohydrates in the body and increasing the complex carbohydrates keeps you body feeling full for longer and increases the serotonin levels in the body.
- Quit alcohol and caffeine: Drinking a glass of wine or a cup of coffee may give you temporary relief from PMS symptoms but in the long run they aggravate your PMS symptoms such as headaches, breast tenderness and mood swings. Alcohol may also contribute towards lowering the magnesium levels in your body and thereby make you feel bloated.
- Relax: One of the effects of PMS is to make you feel anxious and tense. The easiest way to address this is by learning to relax. Try meditation or yoga for half an hour every morning. This will improve your overall health as well as soothe muscle pains.
- Take a few supplements: Research says that certain fatty acids like Omega 3 and linoleic acid can lower irritability and body aches associated with PMS. Calcium is also known to help ease PMS symptoms. Getting these nutrients in the required levels may not be possible only through your daily meals. Hence, you can also consider supplements to ease your pains.
- Use Birth control pills: Birth control pills with the drospirenone hormone can help ease symptoms of severe PMS. Menstruation is often accompanied by a drop in estrogen levels that can lead to migraines. Birth control pills also regulates your hormones and hence avoids these fluctuations. It also keeps your ovaries from releasing eggs every month and hence reduces the intensity of the associated cramps.
- Talk to people: You are not alone when it comes to PMS. Instead of keeping quiet about your discomfort, talk to people who may be experiencing something similar. Sharing your problems will introduce you to new ways of dealing with it. You could also get online support through various discussion groups.
I feel very much stressed and tired all the time, from back 3-4 days it's happening with me. What should I do?
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson’s disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.
Everyone wants to live happily in their lifetime but managing to live so is becoming a difficult task due to the stressful and uneventful life. But there are few rules could be followed with due principles and priorities of the facts in the life they are:
A. Breathing exercises to reduce stress and to lead a healthy life style
B. Physical activities like following stretching and strengthening exercises in stipulated time regularly to keep body fit as well as healthy
C. Atttempting newer experience like shopping trekking etc
D. Writing the experiences in the life like cultivating the habit of writing diary habits of every events
E. Listening music may reduces stress in mind and body
F. Moving or friendly with happy minded people
G. Avoiding drugs and alcohol
H. Cultivating regular habit of travelling every 3 or 6 months once with loved one's
I. Regular sleep pattern
J. Communicating in time of difficult periods with concerned rather having it in the mind for long time without any ego