Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Nivedita Singh
Submit a review for Dt. Nivedita SinghYour feedback matters!
I am 3 months pregnant and my first trimester is completed now slowly I am going to enter in 2 trimester. I was eating only two tablets yet as per doctor suggestion becoz I am having yellow discharge. Which is still not going is it ok for me or it may cause any problem for me. everyday I saw it. I am eating medicine daily but there is no change I had taken a course of 6 injection. Maintain 500. My tablet is folic acid and progesterone sustained release. I will eat them for 15 days more becoz doctor said to me. Plaese advice me I am going to right path or not.
Hello sir I am 21 year old but my body weight is still 43 kg. Please help me how could gain my weight very early. Please suggest me best medicine for it.
I am 35 years old and my weight is 90kg. I want to lose it and taking exercise but no result is seen for last 1 month.
When it comes to being fit, soldiers set the best examples. There are so many habits followed by soldiers that can be incorporated into our daily lives like waking up on time, following a proper meal routine and doing enough physical exercise. We must also try and eliminate all the ‘bad habits’ like mindless snacking, poor eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle. Eliminating such habits will not only keep us fit, but will also help us lead a healthy lifestyle. Here are 15 habits that you could imbibe to stay fit like a soldier:
- Wake up early: A soldier’s day begins at dawn. Starting your day early will give you more time to get things done and will eliminate the excuse of not having enough time to exercise.
- Maintain a daily schedule: Set a time to wake up, eat, work, exercise, sleep and follow it diligently. This helps you stay physically and mentally fit.
- Don’t skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Eat a proper breakfast that will give you enough energy to get you through the day.
- Eat on time: Don’t delay a meal and maintain regular intervals between each meal. This helps stabilize your metabolism and helps prevent unnecessary weight gain.
- Eat a balanced diet: Skipping out on carbs may help you lose a little weight temporarily but will not keep you healthy. Eat a balanced diet of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, proteins and milk.
- Spend time outdoors: If you can’t exercise outdoors, walk to and from office or while grocery shopping to give yourself a chance to breathe in the open.
- Avoid junk food: Avoid all kinds of processed foods. These foods have very low nutritional value but high-fat content. Instead, snack on fruits or nuts between meals.
- Limit alcohol intake: Alcohol not only harms your body but can interfere with your schedule as well. Excessive drinking can keep you from waking up early the next day and throw your entire day off schedule.
- Get adequate sleep: You should ideally get 8 hours of sleep so if you’re going to wake up early, go to bed early as well. Drinking a warm glass or milk or chamomile tea can help you get a restful sleep.
- Make exercise a part of your daily schedule: Along with work, exercise needs to be made a priority as well. The best time to exercise is early in the morning before starting with the day’s work.
- Mix it up: Make exercise fun by mixing up your exercise routines. If you go for a run on one day, go swimming the next or hit the gym.
- Drink plenty of water: Stay hydrated to ensure that your body can absorb nutrients well and to optimize your circulatory system.
- Play a sport: Playing a sport is not only a way to exercise but also boosts your mental health.
- Be with people who are focused: It is important to be around people who are positive and focused towards a healthy lifestyle this will help you to stay motivated and fulfill your health goals.
- Never give up: Just because you don’t have the stamina to run 10km on the first day, doesn’t mean you should give up. Be persistent and patient with yourself and you will be able to beat the odds.
In case you wish to know more about how you can maintain your health and fitness goals, consult an expert & get answers to your questions!