Dt. Narendra Babu is a well-known Dietician who has been helping his clients since 2011 to be healthy and managing their weight better. He is a very well known and trusted Dietician in Bangalore. His own story is an inspiration to his patients. Having done a diploma in weight loss, he applied his knowledge to shed 29 kilograms and transformed himself from an obese individual. He has been keeping his weight in check ever since.
He has a diploma in Diet & Nutrition from Shaw Academy and another one in Weight Loss from the same Institute. He was also the Wellness Coach in IAP Career College. His simple and easy to follow diet plans along with weekly tips have made him a popular choice as a dietician. He also provides online consultation to his clients. The services he provides are-Weight Management Treatment, Customised Diet Charts, Diet Therapy treatment, Nutrition Assessment Service, Weight Loss treatment, Child Nutrition Management, Allergy Treatment, Aromatherapy treatment, Diabetic Diet Controlling and Diet Planning.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Narendra Babu
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Narendra BabuYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was suffering from fever very frequently which was affecting my day to day life. Also it made me feel weak and I was not able to concentrate on my work. I thank Dr Neha for prescribing me right medication and also suggesting the perfect diet to stay healthy. She is quite knowledeable and experienced Dietician. I would surely recommend to consult her once if anyone needs diet suggestion.
Shaivi Rutvij Panchal
Well, his diet plan are very simple. His weekly tips are very helpful. Good in communication. We can freely and openly talk to him and share our problems with him and he really work out on it well n plan the diet as per. In one month I have lost 5kg and 21/2 inches. Looking forward for more good results. Am very thankful to have him as my dietician. Thanks, Dt.
I was suffering from obesity due to which I was quite worried. I consulted Dr Neha. she is one of the best Dietician in city. Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results of my slimming treatment. Many people gave very positive feedback for her.I also had a great experience with her and the overall treatment she provided, benefitted me to great extent.
I owe him a big thanks for making me fine again. One of my cousin's referred to Narendra Babu. The entire HealthyWE Health was spotlessly, clean. Narendra Babu is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. He is very professional and is a really patient listener. he gave me the best diet chart.
I was suffering from thyroid disorders. Though I was already taking homeopathy treatment but I chose to consult a dietician also. I consulted Dr NarenDra, he has a broad knowledge in this field. And I am glad that I chose to consult him as I am much better than before. He has a great knowledge in this field.
I was in so much pain due to not being able to lose weight. the treatment was amazing, the HealthyWE clinic was so nicely made. In the past i consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me , but Dr Babu has helped me immensely. His treatment suited me the best and now I am fine.
I am a sports person. And I needed a perfect diet for this. So I consulted Dr NarenDra. He is quite knowledgeable dietician. He gave me a full diet plan which is must for sports nutrition.I am impressed with the way he treats his patients.
He is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call him in case of emergency. Over the period of time the gain weight treatment has helped me a lot. Narendra Babu guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence.
I was unable to gain wait. I tried several remedies but nothing worked. I chose to consult Dr NarenDra, as he is one of the best dietician in the city. His treatment suited me the best. I am better than before.
He is very patient with all his patients. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. He did my weiight loss treatment. One of my cousin's referred to NarenDra Babu.
Hey doctor I am 19 weight 49 kg My problem is that I have skinny face, there's no chubbiness at all, which seems awkward. Please tell me how to get Chubby cheeks, is there any homeopathy medicine?
Can omega 3 capsules causes weight loss? Pls say. What's the benefits of fish oil or omega 3 capsules?
Sugar (cane sugar) is not only a big industry but has been a part of many of our traditional foods. Somehow, today sugar has been given a tag of being an 'unhealthy' food. What we don't realize before we demonize a food the reason for it to suddenly become unhealthy. Sugar in small required amounts does not cause any health issue. What we don't realize is the amount of sugar that we are unknowingly consuming through foods like packaged cereals ,juices , health drinks , pastries, burgers and even the so called 'low fat' packaged foods marketed as healthy foods. Excessive sugar in these forms can definitely become harmful. So, rather than banning sugar from your diet, try to make better food choices.
The steps you can take to reduce sugar intake in a week are -
1. Stay hydrated and avoid health drinks and packaged juices - Replace so-called health drinks and packaged juices with fresh drinks like lime water, coconut water, herbal teas and home-made fruit drinks like raw mango juice / aam panah and Water. The natural electrolytes will stop any craving for excessive sugar laden foods.
2. Limit caffeine intake - Drinking coffee in the morning causes caffeine kick which spikes the energy levels in the body. As soon as this spike wears off, there is an intense sugar craving in the body.
4. Restrict salt intake - Excessive salt consumption can increase cravings for sugary foods. Eating too much salt can cause the body to balance out the flavors thus leading to increased sugar cravings.
5. Exercise - Exercise causes perspiration in the body which helps in flushing out the salt and making the body alkaline thus reducing sugar cravings.
6. Limit processed food intake - Eating naturally occurring foods such as grains and fruits are healthier than eating packaged foods. Packaged foods generally contain both added sugar and salt which tend to increase sugar cravings and promotes weight gain. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Body composition is never the same for two individuals with the same body weight and of the same sex. It is vital to view your weight loss in light of your body composition. Since muscle occupies less space in your body than fat, leanness is determined by one's body composition and weight. The term body composition refers to the percentage of bone, fat, muscle and water content in your body.
Irrespective of the body composition you may have, if you're planning to lose weight naturally, having fibrous foods can help you to achieve that optimal body weight. The study suggests that people who have fiber in their diet tend to have healthy body weight. It provides your stomach with a full feeling and stimulates brain receptors to stop eating without adding any extra calories.
What is fiber?
Fiber is basically carbohydrate present in plant foods such as whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. In comparison to other forms of carbohydrates, fiber is not easily digested by the body. As a consequence, it passes quickly through your digestive tract without increasing your blood sugar levels. Additionally, it is the soluble fiber that absorbs water to form a type of gel inside your stomach, leading to a slowdown in the absorption of glucose. Lower levels of blood sugar indicate lower insulin levels, which significantly reduces the chances of your body storing fat.
- Split peas: contains 16.3 grams of fiber per cup
- Black beans: contains 15 grams of fiber per cup
- Lentils: contains 15.6 grams of fiber per cup
- Broccoli: contains 5.1 grams of fiber per cup
- Peas: contains 8.8 grams of fiber per cup
- Raspberries: contains 8 grams of fiber per cup
- Blackberries: contains 7.6 grams of fiber per cup
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Bananas are your friends, truly!
Bananas as against the age old myth can really help in your weight loss process. A medium sized banana has a number of healthy nutrients that can help you in losing weight. A 100gm banana has about 90 calories, 3 gm of fiber and 23 gm of carbohydrates. It is a filling and satiating snack and can really give you a good dose of nutrients in minimum calories. Coming to the reasons that make this fruit an ideal weight loss food option, here are a few reasons:
- Boosts your body's metabolic rate while controlling your appetite: Unripe bananas contain a form of starch known as resistant starch that slows down the digestion process. It works by feeding the healthy bacteria in your gut, causing oxidation of the fat tissues and suppression of your hunger pangs. According to findings published in a study, if you replace 5% of your carbohydrate requirement with a food rich in resistant starch, it can result in about 30% of fat burning post your meal.
- Rids you of your bloating complaints: Since this fruit contains a good amount of potassium, it can help in diminishing water retention, thereby reducing the instances of belly bloat.
- Forms the bulk of your fiber intake: Being a good source of fiber, having bananas every day can help in improving your digestion and subsequently aid in weight loss. Since fiber can't be digested by the body, it helps you to meet the bulk of your food requirements, which makes you fell fuller for a longer time and reduces your chances of overeating.
- Is a fuel for your body: Bananas are considered to be the best source of energy before and after a workout. They provide your body with all the nutrients it requires. They are rich in easily digestible natural sugar that provides your body with optimal energy. They are also a rich source of potassium, making them perfect for warding off dizziness and muscle cramps that sometimes accompany a post-workout. Starting your day with a banana can reduce your sweet cravings in the later half of the day.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Diet is an important part of any person's life as food that goes in your body is what replenishes the resources lost in a day's work. The wrong kind of food will have adverse effects on the body in all sorts of ways, and that holds especially true for nursing mothers.
A mother, after carrying a baby to a full term, has to go through many hormonal and physical changes, which can be very stressful. After childbirth comes one of the other most important phases i.e. nursing and it is important to ensure that the mother gets proper nutrition during this phase. This is because it is the mother's milk that provides the baby with the required nutrients for growth as well as to build and immune system, which is why it is very important for a nursing mother to have a proper diet.
Let's look at some of the food items that should be consumed during this time:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables - These are important during the nursing period for the mother as she needs to supplement important minerals in her body such as calcium and iron. Green, leafy vegetables are a must.
- Dairy products low in fat - As the mother's body produces milk, certain minerals get drained quicker than others and a direct supplement for them would be dairy products. However, it is important to ensure that their fat content is low as this can add cholesterol and thus, may adversely affect the health of the mother.
- Lean meats - Lean meats are a great source of protein that can supplement many of the minerals and nutrients. However, rich meat-based foods and heavy red meat should be avoided. Chicken in roasted form or tikka form is also healthy proteins that can be consumed 2 - 3 times a week. Fish, especially Salmon fish, is also a healthy and rich source of omega-3 as well as high in protein.
- Legumes - Legumes are a great source of iron, which is an extremely important mineral for a nursing mother. This is also an alternative for vegetarians. Legumes are not only a rich source of iron, they are also high in protein and helps the mother to stay fit and energetic to be able to take on the additional responsibility of her new-born baby. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
With the advancement in nutritional science, researchers have realised that lesser gap between meals means lesser-stored fat which in turn also helps to control blood sugar, boost metabolism and aids in weight management. After three hours of a meal our blood sugar starts falling and after four hours the digestion is complete. After 5 hours we are ready to gobble up whatever comes in our way as the body is looking for a way to refuel. This may lead to consuming high-calorie food.
Eating at regular intervals can save you from binging, keep your blood sugar level stable and help you stay energised. Also, digestion itself is work for the body and the activity leads to burning calories. However, one needs to be careful and not consume very high-calorie meals as that would increase the risk of chronic diseases.
Do you love to eat up the whole fruit? Or, is it the freshly crushed juice that appeals to you more. Both as you know are healthy options. However, is there really a difference between the nutritional value of the two, if it involves the same fruit?
The answer is a big 'Yes'.
While freshly squeezed fruit juice is a healthy addition to your daily diet, it cannot replace eating whole fruits (or vegetables). In the choice between juicing and eating whole fruits, though juicing has its advantages, the latter offers more nutrition. Here's why.
Advantage: Juicing is convenient
The convenience of gulping down a glass of juice versus eating a whole fruit is one of the biggest advantages of juicing. However, this counts as a convenience only if you aren't making the juice and cleaning the juicer yourself. When you have to make your own juice, it probably would be easier to simply cut and eat the fruit.
Advantage: Juicing makes it easier for the body to absorb nutrients
Juicing is said to make absorbing nutrients easier for people with digestive diseases such as inflammatory bowel diseases. This is because the process of juicing removes fibers thus giving the digestive system less work to do. Another advantage is eating a whole fruit fills you up more than drinking a glass of juice. This allows you to take in higher amounts of vitamins, minerals, enzymes etc. However, this theory has not been proved.
Disadvantage: Juicing removes fiber
Though the removal of fiber makes it easier for the body to digest fruit juice, this loss of fiber is actually a disadvantage for people with a healthy digestive system. Since the digestive system does not have to work on digesting fibers in juice, the body uses fewer calories in the process. Lesser calories burnt imply lesser weight loss. Since juices are digested faster than whole fruits, hunger is satisfied for shorter periods of time leading to an increased appetite.
Disadvantage: Juicing removes flavonoids
Along with a loss of fiber, flavonoids found in the skin and fruit pulp are also lost in the process of juicing. Flavonoids have been linked to longevity and are best known for their antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent a number of cardiovascular diseases. In citrus fruits, the whole fruit is said to have five times the flavonoids as a glass of juice made from them.
To fuse the convenience of juice and the healthiness as whole fruit, use a blender instead of a juicer. This way, you don't lose any fruit pulp and can enjoy a tasty glass of juice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
As the mercury levels soar higher, it is time to get creative to keep yourself cool this summer. To keep yourself hydrated and active, you can include fresh seasonal fruits in your daily diet. Here are some nutritious and refreshing fruits that help you in fighting the effects of the hot summer and health problems that accompany them:
- Melons - Watermelon has high water content that helps you to stay hydrated and refreshed during summer. Melons contain lycopene that helps in protecting the skin against sun damage. Muskmelon is another healthy summer fruit that helps to improve the body's immunity as it is rich in potassium, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin C.
- Oranges - A juicy orange is a perfect thirst quencher in the summer season. Orange is rich in all varieties of vitamins except vitamin K. Oranges contain a large amount of vitamin C, folate, and thiamin that provide natural protection against the harmful UV rays, help in increasing the production of red blood cells in your body and also reduce stress level. They also help in curing muscle pains and cramps. Beta-carotene, lutein, and cryptoxanthin are present in oranges that help to keep away infections and cancer and also protect the eye from macular degeneration.
- Mango - Rightly called the king of fruits, mango is loaded with high amounts of selenium, iron, and fiber. It is also an outstanding source of vitamins C, vitamin A and minerals like phosphorus, calcium, and potassium. The cholesterol levels in the body are lowered by high levels of vitamin C, fiber, and pectin. The potassium content of the fruit helps in controlling high blood pressure and heart rate. The fruit also has properties that help in boosting your immunity.
- Papaya - Papaya is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, and phytochemicals. These have anti-cancerous, anti-bacterial and anti-stress properties. Papain is an enzyme found in this fruit, which helps in curing indigestion and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The antioxidants present in papaya help in slowing down the ageing process in women, provide a fresh glow to the skin and help in weight loss.
- Grapes - Grapes help in losing weight by reducing the capacity of the cells to store more fat. Grapes also help in protecting the body against the damaging effects of radiation, cleansing your blood, preventing degenerative nerve disease and boosting cardiovascular health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
The mere thought of biting into a chilled watermelon or sipping chilled watermelon juice during summer is a refreshing thought. What many do not readily realise is that not just they are not just a refresher, but they are also loaded with multiple health benefits. Another surprising fact is that they have been in use since 5000 years ago and are referred to in ancient literature. There are about 300 varieties and are easily available during summer.
Many may think that watermelon is loaded with water. However, there are also multiple compounds including vitamins and minerals; vitamins C, A, B1, B5, and B6; minerals like potassium and magnesium, and compounds like carotenoids and lycopene. These have multiple benefits on the health and so watermelon can be consumed without any second thought in abundance.
Read on to know some of the wonders of this melon.
- Hydration: One of the best remedies to avoid the ill effects of summer is to improve hydration levels, and there could be no better way to do this than with watermelon (eat it or drink it!) It is 92% water, and therefore leaves you refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Heart health: Lycopene helps reduce cholesterol, reduce thickening of artery walls, and reduces oxidative stress. The various minerals and vitamins also add to the heart health qualities of watermelon. The citrulline in it also increases nitric oxide level in the body, which expands or dilates blood vessels and improves blood pressure.
- Anti-inflammatory benefits: The lycopene and Vitamin C reduce the levels of C-reactive protein which are responsible for inflammation. The antioxidant levels also lower inflammation, thereby reducing the onset of degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- Eye health: Watermelons, through their anti-inflammatory effects, reduce the onset of age-related macular degeneration. Those who already have it can also see the delayed progression of the condition, thereby prolonging vision loss.
- Muscle soreness: Those who have muscle soreness should reach out for a slice of watermelon to get instant relief from this soreness. Watermelon also improves exercise endurance and performance, and the added benefit on the heart also improves exercise tolerance.
- Skin and hair benefits: These benefits come from multiple sources in the melon. The vitamin A helps improve skin regeneration, vitamin C helps collagen formation and improved skin tone. Lycopene and beta-carotene help control the damage caused by sun exposure and pigmentation.
- Digestive benefits: The very nature of watermelon almost completely water and high fibre directly benefits the stomach. It cleanses the stomach and promotes bowel movement. Not just the red portion, even the rind and seeds are beneficial as there is a lot of citrulline and chlorophyll which are also healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.