Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Submit a review for HealthyWE Health and Wellness CoachYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Shaivi Rutvij Panchal
Well, his diet plan are very simple. His weekly tips are very helpful. Good in communication. We can freely and openly talk to him and share our problems with him and he really work out on it well n plan the diet as per. In one month I have lost 5kg and 21/2 inches. Looking forward for more good results. Am very thankful to have him as my dietician. Thanks, Dt.
The mere thought of biting into a chilled watermelon or sipping chilled watermelon juice during summer is a refreshing thought. What many do not readily realise is that not just they are not just a refresher, but they are also loaded with multiple health benefits. Another surprising fact is that they have been in use since 5000 years ago and are referred to in ancient literature. There are about 300 varieties and are easily available during summer.
Many may think that watermelon is loaded with water. However, there are also multiple compounds including vitamins and minerals; vitamins C, A, B1, B5, and B6; minerals like potassium and magnesium, and compounds like carotenoids and lycopene. These have multiple benefits on the health and so watermelon can be consumed without any second thought in abundance.
Read on to know some of the wonders of this melon.
- Hydration: One of the best remedies to avoid the ill effects of summer is to improve hydration levels, and there could be no better way to do this than with watermelon (eat it or drink it!) It is 92% water, and therefore leaves you refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Heart health: Lycopene helps reduce cholesterol, reduce thickening of artery walls, and reduces oxidative stress. The various minerals and vitamins also add to the heart health qualities of watermelon. The citrulline in it also increases nitric oxide level in the body, which expands or dilates blood vessels and improves blood pressure.
- Anti-inflammatory benefits: The lycopene and Vitamin C reduce the levels of C-reactive protein which are responsible for inflammation. The antioxidant levels also lower inflammation, thereby reducing the onset of degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- Eye health: Watermelons, through their anti-inflammatory effects, reduce the onset of age-related macular degeneration. Those who already have it can also see the delayed progression of the condition, thereby prolonging vision loss.
- Muscle soreness: Those who have muscle soreness should reach out for a slice of watermelon to get instant relief from this soreness. Watermelon also improves exercise endurance and performance, and the added benefit on the heart also improves exercise tolerance.
- Skin and hair benefits: These benefits come from multiple sources in the melon. The vitamin A helps improve skin regeneration, vitamin C helps collagen formation and improved skin tone. Lycopene and beta-carotene help control the damage caused by sun exposure and pigmentation.
- Digestive benefits: The very nature of watermelon almost completely water and high fibre directly benefits the stomach. It cleanses the stomach and promotes bowel movement. Not just the red portion, even the rind and seeds are beneficial as there is a lot of citrulline and chlorophyll which are also healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Summer is the best season to lose weight. It's warm outside and you can indulge in light aerobic exercises like swimming and walking at your will. Choose from nature’s basket of healthy, low-fat and low-calorie summer fruits and vegetables to lose weight easily. So when the hunger bug strikes, you can snack on low carb foods, which help you lose weight fast.
Still not convinced? Read on to understand why you should plan to chuck the extra kilos during summers.
- Hot summer weather suppresses your appetite: Sunlight may help weight loss in summer season by increasing serotonin levels. That’s one way doctors treat the depression of seasonal affective disorder. Increased levels of serotonin reduce some people’s need to eat, especially if the cravings are for comfort foods. In a 2013 study, people who worked out in a hot environment (86° F) ate less afterward than those who exercised in a cooler setting (50° F). This suggests that sweltering temperatures during summer may, in fact, reduce your desire to eat—even after you’ve done a tough workout.
- Its easier to eat better when it’s scorching hot outside: It’s easier to eat better in summer because there’s an abundance of seasonal, fat-burning foods that are relatively low-priced. Summer foods such as Lady finger (an important source of vitamin B6 and folic acid), cucumbers (a good source of silica, which is good for the skin), peaches, (a good source of fiber), asparagus and broccoli (which are full of hunger-satisfying protein), are all readily available. These foods not only promote a healthy digestive tract but are a key for weight loss in summers. Hence include these local produce in your weight loss diet plan.
- Choice of delicious low-carb fruits and veggies: Summer comes with an abundance of seasonal, nutritious and fat-burning fruits and vegetables like cucumbers, peaches, asparagus, broccoli and water melon to name a few. Health professionals say that these low-calorie food items should make up about 50% of your diet, especially if you’re trying to lose weight. If you make half of your plate or half of all your meals a fruit or a vegetable, you straightaway promote weight loss as both fruits and vegetables are naturally very low in calories and contain loads of water. Eating limited amounts of whole grains and having more lean proteins in the form of fish, eggs and chicken in moderation, helps you cut down on high calorie foods and fastens weight loss. A low carb diet has been shown to help people lose more weight in a shorter period of time as compared to low-calorie or low-fat diets; so concentrate on low carb foods.
- Water becomes ultra-attractive: In summers, we tend to drink more water than any other season and this wonder drink is a big friend of weight loss. Studies show that drinking water before meals helps you to lose weight as it makes you feel full.
- Mood swings are out of picture in summers: We know women and men both binge eat when they are low or depressed. Studies have shown that 27% people with seasonal affective disorder (SAD) binge eat during winters. Almost 90% of these have severe cravings for carbs that makes one fat, especially when it’s cold outside.
- Summer makes exercise and weight loss easy: All you have to do is to ensure that you choose indoor exercise programs like indoor gymming, swimming etc. to beat the heat.
Summer is a great time to try and lose weight, but remember to not let yourself go and pile on the kilos during the long winter months. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Am going to gym .what are the important protein rich food other than milk, egg and meat .is chocolates recommended ? Name some protein rich items ?
My weight is increasing but the fact is I am not eating much infact I am eating very less still my weight is increasing.
Respected sir / madam ,my weight is 54 and I am 23 years old ,sir please give some guidance to gain my weight ,i had start gym to gain weight ,from my childhood I am very thin ,but now its really very embarrassing ,so please me out.
Now days swelling in my face and feet so much. Put on weight so much. What is the reason and treatment. Pls answer me soon .
Can soya chunks replace eggs as per protien amount ? How much protien should I take to build my muscle ?
My height is 6 ft and weight is 65 kg. I have surfed internet to know ideal height - weight chart with numerous variation in results. My questions are - 1. Can you please tell me ideal weight according to my height. 2. I know I am underweight so, can you tell me suitable diet . Note - I am staying on rent (with cooking facility).
SUGAR IS KILLING YOU and YOUR FAMILY
- Sugar is just calories and has not essential nutrients.
- Tooth decay - Sugar is bad for your Teeth. It causes tooth decay by feeding the harmful bacteria in the mouth.
- Liver overload- Sugar is high in fructose which causes your liver to work harder. For people with sedentary life style, these large amounts of sugars get converted into fat in the liver and may lead to condition called as fatty liver.
- Sugar and Diabetes. Sugar can cause insulin resistance, a precursor to Metabolic Syndrome and Diabetes and other diseases. Because of the harmful effects of sugar on the function of insulin, you are at very high risk of type II diabetes.
- Sugar is also linked to cancers.
- Sugar and becoming FAT. Sugar plays havoc with hormones and brain function that regulates appetite. Fructose in sugar does not allow the hunger hormone GHRELIN to lower and hence lead to uncontrolled eating. Sugar also increase dopamine in the brain, and it causes addiction in people and you crave for more sugar.eople.
- Sugar and Obesity. Sugar is a leading contributor to Obesity in all age grops. Children are at higher risk as we see most of the products that children consume are laced with high sugar content.
- Sugar also increases your cholesterol level and leads to lot of hear diseases.
Do you still need more reasons to cut the crap called SUGAR out of your diet?