Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. MuniraYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old. I want to ask that what type of milk is helpful more after workout homogenized or unhomogenised with their effects on body?
I am 20 year old I recently got healed from jaundice but still I feel weak and not so good with my health can you please suggest me some health tips.
In the case of a diabetic person, fast and post prandial test should be taken with the prescribed intake of medicines (glycomet recommended to be taken after food) or without medicines to check the actual glucose level.
My children (3 and 2) years old are good in heights as per their age, but does not gain weight. They take food but less then other children of their age. Although we prepare different varieties of food of their choice. Please advice.
Hi, I am diagnosed with SLE and been on treatment for 3 years now. I have been taking prednisolone, methotrexate, hydroxychloroquine, milzacipram etc for quite a long time. Because of these medicines I have put on tremendous amount of weight. Though I try to moderate my diet, cut down on salt and sugar, workout as much as I can in spite of pain, nothing seem to change. Can you suggest some way that may help me reduce.
Hi! my height is 5.5 and my weight is 85 kg My age is 20 now I want to lose my weight What should I do?
I am 26 years old and 65 kgs. I am taking homeopathy medicine for slimming. But one of my family doctor advised not to take any medicines for slimming. And I have also heard that homeopathy medicines has no side effects so shall I continue with my medicine or will effect my brain or body in any ways.
Sir, I'm 22 years old. I have completed my graduation but still I have not built myself well. Looking at my physique it feels like I'm still in 12th std. What should I do?
Am diabetic and it is under control with medication. Due to diabetic , suffering with neuropathic problems for both legs. Suffering from heavy foot burning. Please advice treatment.
I am not able to gain weight. And I do not wanna take supplements. Can you tell me any way to increase my weight.
Oats though seemingly dull, accompanied by a bowlful of milk can form a very nutritious meal. It is packed with fiber which is very essential to regulate your digestive system. Oats are low in calories and help you maintain your waistline. Here are a few reasons why you should add oats to your regular diet-
1. Oats fill you up - Oats are packed with fiber which keeps you full for a while. A bowlful of cooked oats contains only about 150 calories and yet it manages to stave off your hunger because of its high fiber content. The absorption and digestion process slows down when you eat oats thereby restricting your appetite and calorie intake. Oats keep you full for a longer time than other calorie-rich meal and delays the hunger pangs.
2. Oats help reduce cholesterol - According to studies, people suffering from high blood cholesterol could reduce their cholesterol levels by consuming 3 grams of soluble fiber every day. Oats contain the highest amount of soluble fiber among all whole grains (4 grams per cup). The gel-like soluble fiber transits the intestinal tract and aids in trapping substances which contribute to the rise in blood cholesterol level.
3. Oats are diabetes-friendly - Oatmeal is a perfect substitute for meals high in sugar and saturated fat. It helps to control the level of glucose in your bloodstream and also delivers your daily need of fiber. People suffering from uncontrolled diabetes can abundantly benefit from consuming oats although it is essential to keep in mind that you should not add sugary toppings or any other synthetic ingredients to your oats so that it retains all the nutrients which are already present in it.
There are many ways in which you can make your oats interesting. You can go beyond your breakfast cereal and bake cookies made of oats. You can also sprinkle them on your pancakes and bread or add them to your smoothie to increase your fiber intake. You can also add fruits like bananas or berries to your bowl of oats and make it tastier according to your liking.
I am 20 years old, working woman. I have been trying to shed some weight but unable to do so. I tried gyming and dieting nothing as such work. I'm 5" 7' and I way 80 kilos. I was researching for quite sometime about diet supplements like phen 375 would you suggest me to try such a method for weight loss? I am very well aware that not all weight loss products are tested and certified, kindly help. I'm at the turning point of my career but this weight problem I'm going thru is very disturbing and pulling down my confidence. I am planning to try phen 375 for some weight loss results. Kindly suggest me if I should go for it or another product or maybe try something else instead. Thank you!
I have had a painful itchy right breast for 6 months. Mammogram and physical exam show nothing. Breast lump and underarm tenderness. Is it breast cancer ?I have had a swelling under my right breast.
Sir/ mam, myself 29 years old male, quiet fit n healthy though I drink (twice in a week with room temperature water) n smoke (twice in a day. Since last 3-4 months I have got continuous cold (and few times cough too) whch ws nt earlier. S I use to catch cold or fewer n cough bt tht ws lke a normal thng whch evry1 get. Bt this time though cough is nt regular bt cold seems to have dried little n my voice sounds odd while I talk due to that constant cold. I would b glad is you cud suggest some home made measures or ayurvedic way to come back to normalcy n lke I ws before. Thnx in advance.
Drug addiction is an addiction of a very severe kind. This causes the sufferer i.e. the drug addict to seek and use drugs compulsively despite the destructive consequences to themselves and those around them. This is known as a chronic brain disease because of the functional and structural changes it causes in the brain. It is the overpowering dependence on illegal or legal medications and drugs. One cannot quit taking drugs just by strong will or good intentions. Ayurveda's holistic method combines exercises, meditation, and herbal medicines to cure addiction towards drugs.
- Panchakarma Therapies-Only an ayurvedic expert should perform the panchakarma therapies and rituals on you. It promotes cleanliness and helps in detoxifying the body. These therapies are done using various herbs and oils in accordance with the ancient traditions to eliminate negative conditions.
- Virechana-It is the most useful Panchakarma therapy to treat addiction. Virechana is known to cleanse the gastro-intestinal tract and purify the blood of toxins of a period of a few days. It helps decontaminate your spleen, stomach, liver, kidneys, colon, intestines and sweat glands through varied herbs and laxatives such as castor oil, mango juice, raisins, cow's milk, psyllium seeds, flaxseed husk, prune and senna.
- Rasayana therapies-Rasayana therapy is another very useful Ayurvedic treatment for treating drug abuse and addiction. It is based upon the transmutation and conservation of energy to improve the mental as well as physical characteristics in order to increase your body's natural metabolic processes while enhancing your immune system and brain function. Rasayana therapy consists of intricate face, head and full body massages which are combined with medicated creams and herb oils. This therapy is also useful to remove artificial aging which occurs due to prolonged drug abuse.
- Yoga-The chaotic chemicals are known to wreak havoc on the drug addict's brain during the process of recovery. Resorting to exercise or yoga will help generate extra endorphins which are very helpful for clarity. To recover from drug addiction, you must join a structured yoga class along with other ayurvedic therapies. Yoga is beneficial since it stimulates every part of your body without applying too much stress on any one part.