The pyramid diet was conceptualised in 1992 and it emphasises the best amount of servings to be consumed daily from the basic food groups (dairy, fruits and vegetables, grains, beans and legumes, meat, oils and fats).
The pyramid is divided into four levels. The very first level is comprised of grains, beans and legumes; the level above it is made up of fruits and vegetable; the third level from the top is composed of meat and dairy products and the very last one on top contains fats, sugars and oils.
The diet aims to divide the food groups in the above mentioned fashion to make you understand just how much to consume from each food group. Here is a breakdown of servings from each food group:
- Grains- 5 to 7 servings
- Fruits and vegetables- 2 servings of each
- Milk and dairy- 3 servings of which 1/2 serving should be dairy products
- Oils, sugar and fats- 6 teaspoons for oils and minimal servings for fats and sugars
This seems relatively easy to follow, but most people do not understand portion control. The amount or serving of food is called portion control and it is important if you want your diet to work. Here is a guideline that you can follow:
- When you are consuming one serving of grains in one sitting, you can choose to eat one cup of cereals or one slice of whole-wheat bread.
- When you are eating vegetable or fruits with your breakfast or lunch, choose one and a half cup of chopped vegetables, or one piece of orange, banana or apple.
- If you are drinking milk, then one cup of milk in one serving. And, if you are eating meat, choose one ounce of cooked fish or chicken.
- Lastly, do not go beyond one teaspoon of vegetable oil and try to keep your sugar intake to the minimum throughout the day.
The pyramid is an excellent guide to lose some weight. You just need some concentration and a ton of commitment to stick to the guide. Along with the diet, don't forget to get some exercise.
Cumin seed is a culinary herb that is local in Asia and is particularly used in India on daily basis. Cumin seeds are otherwise called jeera, caraway and kummel. It is a product of the cumin herb, however, it transforms into a seed only once it has dried. Cumin is an esteemed spice as it has numerous health advantages, usually for digestive conditions like colic, dyspepsia and flatulence. Nevertheless, consuming cumin seeds can have numerous side effects as well; so consult your specialist before you use it for medicinal purposes, as it can cause certain side effects as well, such as acidity or heartburn. Cumin seeds are known for their gas easing properties, yet it can bring about one of the most widely recognized digestive issue that is heartburn. It tends to facilitate the escape of more gas into your gastrointestinal tract. Liver damage: oil present in the cumin seeds is very unstable and can bring about liver and kidney damage, in case one consumes cumin seed in huge quantities for a long stretch of time. Cumin oil is used for animals to prevent or reduce muscle fits and spasms. Burping: the carminative impact of cumin seed may bring about excessive burping. Also, burping is sometimes referred as a ructus or belching, which includes too much bloating. Gas from the intestinal tract and stomach is released through the mouth. At times, burping has an awful smell and a trademark sound. Abortifacient effects: cumin seeds may also affect pregnant ladies. Consuming a lot of cumin seeds can prompt an unnatural birth cycle or instigate untimely or premature labor. Low blood sugar level: consuming cumin seeds in large quantities can bring down the glucose level in the body. One must remember this in case you are setting out towards a surgery in the near future. During surgery, it is crucial to keep up the glucose level. Narcotic effects: cumin seed has opiate properties. They need to be consumed with precaution, as they can be addictive. Opposite reactions of cumin seeds are mental blurring, sleepiness and nausea. Heavy menstrual cycle: cumin seeds may cause heavy bleeding during the menstrual cycle. In the event of cumin seeds being consumed in large amounts, you may experience heavier periods. Causes allergy: utilization of cumin seeds can bring about skin rashes and sensitivity. So individuals with skin sensitivity need to consume less cumin seeds to improve the condition. Not good for diabetics: diabetic patients need to control their glucose level. They must maintain regular glucose levels to stay sound. Fluctuating glucose levels are a strict no for most diabetics. As mentioned recently, cumin seeds may diminish your glucose level rapidly.
I oprated 3months before utrinfibroid hb loss how to improve hp n psycic health any exercise r yoga? Always feeling tired sleepy. N this s my 2 nd operation due to fibroid. I am married 2 kids are there my age 30. I. Am pale nowm I got 2 packcells. 2 blood injection n iron on n before surgery. But now I am again suffer the same hb problm. Regular periodic cycle started past 3 months but little blood comes 2 days only bleeding. How to improve my health.
I am suffering from sickle cell anemia. So many time I have sudden chest pain. What is the reason behind that I can't understand. I am having focal avid and hydroxuria capsule regularly. Can you solve my problem?
I heard from an ayurvedic doctor that jeera water taken with lemon juice is helpful in reducing fat. How far is it true.
I have lower respiratory track infection with type 2 respiratory failure, I got admitted in hospital. Now what is type 2? My carbon retention goes upto 89, after incubation now it is 50 with phb 7.41. No diabetes or other problem. TYPE 2 MEANING AND ADVICE ME TO FIGHT WITH COPD.
How to improve healthy sufficient energetically body by filtering the treatment by providing diabetes?
My daughter has a strong urge to eat chalk, what medicine in homeopathy/allopathy/naturopathy can she be given?
It is necessary to take medicine of diabetes necessary to take medicine of diabetes with insulin's or insulin is sufficient.
Diabetes has always been a mysterious home to many diseases. It reduces quality of erection. However, there are ways you can enhance your love life, by involving some strategies, such as:
- Approach sex like exercise: This helps prevent dreaded blood sugar lows.If you use insulin, check your blood sugar before sex and have a snack if it's low.
- Just go with it: Planning can be helpful, but don't sweat it if sex just happens.There's no reason not to grab the opportunity if it pops up just because you haven't followed your diabetes exercise routine.
- Use a lubricant: If you are a woman with vaginal dryness, a vaginal lubricant can make sex feel better. Ask your doctor about using one regularly, not just during sex.
- Prepare a sex arsenal kit: Keep anything you might need for optimal sex next to the bed.If you're a woman, you may want to have a lubricant in your kit. Feel free to include massage oils.
- Get a room: Treat yourself and your partner to a night at a local hotel.It's a great libido enhancer.Plan it days in advance.It's planning, but it's planning something fun.
- Get in some practice: If you are a man who uses a device like a vacuum pump or constriction band to help with erectile dysfunction, take time to learn how to use it right.
- Creativity is sexy: If you have trouble getting aroused, stretch beyond your go-to bedroom moves. Try out new positions. Explore different ways to climax. Most women don't climax from intercourse alone, anyway. Some men can have an orgasm from prostate stimulation.
- Limit alcohol: A little alcohol may boost your desire, but drinking can also make your blood sugar level drop quickly. If you drink alcohol, you might sip some champagne during intimacy.
- Get help for emotional issues: Depression, anxiety, poor self-image, and other emotional concerns can hurt your sex life. And if you have a partner, sex troubles can put stress on your relationship.
- Relax: How you feel about your diabetes can set the stage for sex. With diabetes, you have to expect the unexpected.
You can think of a formula in your mind for better,increased, steamier sex life.
I am 25 years old male. I diagnosed with very low Transferrin Saturation (TSAT) 17% and low vitamin b12 201pg/ml. I feel very tired and depressed all the time. I have pain in upper back and shoulder all the time. Please me with the medicine or treatment.
When ever I eat fast food or eat rice for 2 meals then I get loose motion or even eat maggi I get loose motion, is eat caused due to deficiency of any vitamin age 19 M.
I am 5'6 ft and my weight is 67 kg and I'm 22 years old boy. I was suffering from Jaundice 5 months back but I was cured, I used drink and smoke before having Jaundice after the illness I left drinking but sometimes I do smoke on empty stomach. Now, I am unable to drink tea in empty stomach or full stomach neither take cold drinks, I vomit it out after few min, Assam, India, I am 5'6 ft and my weight is 67 kg and I'm 22 years old boy. I was suffering from Jaundice 5 months back but I was cured, I used drink and smoke before having Jaundice after the illness I left drinking but sometimes I do smoke on empty stomach. Now, I am unable to drink tea in empty stomach or full stomach neither take cold drinks, I vomit it out after few mins and colors less liquid comes out with bitter taste. I had problem with my throat as well I was under medication and got well. But, again I am having this mild problem after 2 weeks even after getting cured sometimes after having meal I feel like there is something in my neck. And, I feel my food is not digested. And, I am having this semi- loose motion. Please help.
I am taking taking olkem20h tablet for no since from 2014 n my by recently recorded is 130/80 I want to ask is it compulsory now also to take tablet or I can leave?
My mom has diabetes from last 2 years. She daily takes medicine named as glycomet gp2 for diabetes. 2 days ago when her blood test is taken, her blood glucose level shown as 340 So my question. Is whether 340 diabetes can be controlled be tablet or is there any need to take insulin injection.
At a point when downpour comes, individuals can be seen moving and celebrating from various perspectives. In any case, this is additionally a season for some diseases and health issues. Because of the sudden change in temperature, the safety of our body turns out to be low and makes us powerless to numerous diseases. Taking after proper monsoon Ayurvedic care tips can turn out to be advantageous to stay healthy.
The digestive framework gets debilitated because of dehydration in summer. This prompts low digestive force. This is further debilitated by vitiation of doshas and dhatus because of storm. Consequently taking after an eating routine that expansion force of assimilation and fortifies the digestive framework would be useful in the blustery season.
- Drink bubbled and cooled water blended with minimal nectar. Drink a lot of water and keep your body all around hydrated.
- Avoid overwhelming, hot, acidic, harsh (chutneys, pickles, yogurt, chilies, curry, and so forth) and salty sustenance as it advances water maintenance, heartburn, bloating and hyperacidity. Evade broiled nourishments, garbage sustenance and meat. Stay away from servings of mixed greens and verdant vegetables.
- Consume light and effortlessly edible sustenances, vegetable soups, steamed or boiled pumpkin, vegetables, squash, zucchini, steamed serving of mixed greens, natural products, khichree, corn, chickpea flour, moong dal and oats as well as more. Stick to nourishments arranged out of old grain, rice and wheat.
- Do not enjoy overwhelming activities like running, cycling and so on which expand Pitta (heat). Yoga, strolling, swimming, and extending are great.
- Be watchful while eating out and ensure you go to a spot which is perfect and hygienic. Totally abstain from eating nourishment which is presented to climate, similar to the ones sold by roadside merchants.
Since time immemorial, Ayurveda has been used for treating various ailments including injuries such as wounds and cuts. Medical treatments have made immense advancement in the past few decades, but the age-old Ayurvedic treatments for wounds and cuts have still not gone out of practice.
One of the biggest benefits of Ayurvedic medication is that they don’t have any side effects. Ayurveda is the best options available when you want natural treatments of your wounds and cuts.
Let’s have a look at some of the best known Ayurvedic treatments available for you.
- Turmeric: Turmeric powder is one of the most popular herbs that are used to heal injuries. It is best known for its antiseptic characteristics. If there is an inflammation, apply turmeric paste on the affected area for steady and quick recovery. Turmeric kills the bacteria and also ensures that the wounds heal faster.
- Tea Tree Oil: This is another great option for healing wounds and preventing infections. The antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic features of tea tree oil are well k own and they are being used in other forms of medication as well. Crush a few tea tree leaves and apply it on the cut or you can apply tea tree oil for 4-5 times a day on the wound.
- Potatoes: These common vegetables have great healing capacity. Apply a mashed skin of a potato directly on the affected area and cover it with a soft and clean cloth. Keep it overnight and clean the area with salt water next morning to disinfect. This will sting a little but will ensure quick healing while being an antiseptic.
- Aloe Vera: You should grow this plant within your house on small pots as this has many medicinal properties. One them is being an antiseptic as well as a promoter of healing. Break open a leaf and you can apply the gel within it directly on the affected area of the skin.
- Coconut oil: Apply coconut oil on the affected area and cover it up with a band-aid. Repeat the process twice or thrice a day and you would be astonished to see how quickly your bruises disappear.