Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Shama. NYour feedback matters!
I am man of 56 years having sex problem due to diabetes I want to increase my sex libidos and have diabetes in control I do exercise regularly.
My father who is 60 yesterday had checked his sugar his rating was 116 actually my question is from past one week suddenly he has pain started in his legs from bottom to top severe pain which he cannot tolerate and only in evening and moreover he is losing weight day by day please advice me correctly as soon as possible can not wait he is in pain?
Hello sir, I am avinash. I want to know the reason of my health that means I am too skinny. How can I be a healthy guy. I also eat well not less not more and 3-4 times a day. But after all these I am not getting healthy. Please sir answer my question. I will wait. Thank you.
Hi Dr, I'm very thin compare to my friend he is 1 year younger then me but he is fat I mean perfect but I'm very thin I wanna gain body so please give some suggestions.
How can I be strong n fit without gym and how can I maintain my stamina boz I m always feeling tired.
Hi this is sachin alamkere, my problem is that I have large amount of belly fat around my stomach only only. From last 20 days am doing running and exercise .little bit reducing the fat. But I want to reduce fastly. Because am will be married. Also am not eating any spicy food and fatty items. Also taking only 6 hrs sleep. Please advise me my eating schedule and what to eat to reduce stomach belly fat. And what to exercise. Awaiting your valuable reply.
How to lose weight I want to lose weight and also I want to reduce the size of my face? Give me some suggestions and diet plan according to Tamil nadu.
- Eat healthy: No two ways about it. Your appearance is a direct reflection of your food habits. It could be sipping green tea, eating a lot of Omega 3 fatty acids via walnuts and salmon, biting into fruits like pomegranates and berries, or having red wine regularly. Each has its own benefits from reducing fat deposition to hydrating your skin to improving circulation. All these tell on the quality of your skin and the radiance will be there for all.
- Reduce stress: The first place that your stress will show is your skin. Wrinkles and dry and sagging skin are some of the first symptoms of stress. As we all know, there is only so much stress that we can control. Don't stress about stress, and the results of this difference in attitude will become very obvious.
- Passion: Whether it is a new hobby like painting or a language or a new found love life, passion brings energy to life like nothing else can. It gives a new reason to wake up every day and energizes not just the person but everything and everybody around. Find something new to do that you completely enjoy and the glow will just radiate, not just externally but also internally.
- Work out: Take a break every single day to do whatever excites you, such as yoga, meditation, walking, jogging, swimming, or cycling. Spend about 30 minutes to an hour and the inner peace that you find will help you stay young and radiant. The benefits of a workout are manifold and those who know it get addicted to it. A day without exercise would feel incomplete for these people. On days when they have had a good workout, the radiance and energy will be greater than normal and will be palpable.
- Pamper your skin: In addition to all these, whether it is the sunscreen when going out in the sun or the almond oil, give your skin some supplemental treatments once a while.
One word of caution is not to trust these supplements to do the magic without doing the above. The supplements can definitely do what they are called, supplement what the rest do. Try these simple techniques and see a radiant and glowing you.
Laughter is the best medicine, they say. Apart from making you happy and thawing a potentially anxiety ridden atmosphere, laughter can also promote good health. A deep rooted laughter session once in a while can actually rejuvenate you and give you a dose of health.
If this surprises you, then you need to read the rest of this article to find out how a bout of stress free laughter can help you in the health department. Read on to know more!
- Blood Pressure: Laughing can helping in keeping your blood pressure low, as per various medical studies. This can potentially reduce the risk of falling prey to heart attacks and strokes. The blood pressure will genuinely come down when you laugh heartily, which is especially helpful in situations for patients of hypertension so as to bring down the stress levels.
- Immunity: Did you know that the immune system of the body can get affected by the stress hormone levels? When your brain brings on signals that hint at stress and anxiety, laughter can also help in bringing down the stress levels simply by sharing a joke and laughing about a funny episode with someone close to you. This also gives a boost to the body's immune system. Also, when you laugh really hard, the T cells of the body get activated, which is how the immunity gets a boost so that the next time you are about to catch a cold or flu, the immunity takes over naturally.
- Cardiac Health: Laughter is great for the cardiac health because it helps the heart pump and burns the same number of calories that one would during a long walk. It is a great cardio workout that is ideal for people who are bed ridden due to illness or injury.
- Abs: A long and heartfelt laughter session can actually work your abs as it helps the inactive muscles of the area in contracting and relaxing. This is similar to a moderate work out for the abs. So getting a toned tummy can actually be as easy as having a good laugh.
- Endorphins: The body's natural pain killers reside in the Endorphin hormone. So have a good laugh and release these hormones as a natural side effect of laughing hard. This can help in reliving chronic pain as well.
The best part about laughter is that it generally increases the feel good factor inside you and helps you achieve a more relaxed mind and body where the immunity, heart health and general wellbeing are taken care of. So laugh your way to good health and get a well-functioning immune system with a well-toned body as well.
My father was under treatment in hospital but we can, t afford so much charges so we get them discharged. At present his sodium level is 124. What is to be done to correct it slowly everyday.
Sir my mom is 56 year old and she have kidney problem with diabetes & B. P. Which is out of control what should to do for control.
Hi I am 20 years old. My body is perfect and slim but my face is getting so fatty from 2 months. Now I look so fatty on my face. My diet is good and I drink a lot of water. please help me.
Undergoing Brain Surgery can be a very traumatic experience, and it is common for many patients recovering from brain surgery to face depression, spells of dizziness, confusion and weakness post the surgery. It can be very critical that family members and friends talk to the patient and be empathetic towards them.
It takes approximately 12-18 months for the brain to heal after a brain surgery and slowly and gradually the patient will regain all his normal functions and get back to his daily routine. However in that time they need the complete support and understanding of their families, as well may need help from therapists. This will help the patient in gaining back their independence as well as confidence in their abilities.
Here are some tips that will help you deal with a patient recovering from Brain Surgery:
After brain surgery, a person may feel disoriented and have some speech or understanding disability for a while. Family members and friends are advised to take pause when talking to the patient, so that he/she can easily understand the conversation. Speaking slowly is not recommended, as patients may recognize it and have an emotional outburst or feel hurt.
Caretakers and family members should also keep reminding the conversation topic at different points to the patient, so that it is easier for them to participate in the conversation.
Family members should also not react adversely in case of emotional outbursts, instead show love and patience to a person recovering from brain surgery.
Caregivers should make sure that the person recovering from brain surgery gets enough sleep and rest to recuperate.
People interacting with someone recovering from brain surgery should understand that the person's ability to learn and remember will improve daily, and any lapses in attention by the patient are not caused by any act of obstinacy. Your care and understanding will be essential for a person to recover.
Family members should also make sure just to give enough care and not smother the brain surgery survivor. It is essential for them to regain their confidence and a sense of competence.
Family members should take the patient for a neuropsychological examination--after treatment, 6 months later, and a year later to see if they are recovering properly. Caregivers should watch out for emotional outbursts, like rage, uncontrollable laughter, withdrawal and depression. In case of such symptoms it is advisable to take the patient for a check up with medical practitioner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My body weight is 54 .I am trying to gain weight I take healthy food daily but weight is not gainingso what sholud i do?
How to gain weight. What is the best protein supplements other than steroids and which has no side effects.
अपनी पसंदीदा रेसेपी को ना कहने से लेकर, सुबह जिम तक जाने की जहमत उठाने के लिए तैयार हैं आप। मोटापा कम करने के लिए आपने अपनी पूरी दिनचर्या को बंदिशों में बांध दिया है।आप अक्सर सोचते होंगे कि आप एक्सरसाइज भी काफी करते हैं, डाइटिंग पर भी अक्सर रहते ही हैं, फिर भी वजन कम नहीं हो रहा।
मोटापा कम करने के लिए छोटी-छोटी बातों का खास खयाल रखने से आप काफी हद तक अपना वजन नियंत्रित कर सकते हैं।
आइये हम आपको मोटापा घटाने के कुछ ऐसे छोटे-छोटे नुस्खों के बारे में बतायें, जो बेहद ही आसान हैं:
खाने का तरीका
मोटापा घटाने के लिए अपने आहार पर तो हम सभी ध्यान देते हैं, लेकिन आहार के सेवन का क्या तरीका है, इस बात को हम महत्व नहीं देते। खाने का सही तरीका है पहले सलाद व सब्जि़यां, उसके बाद दिन का या रात का खाना खायें। स्नैक्स को ऐसे स्थान पर ना रखें, जहां पर आपकी नज़र बार-बार पड़े।
प्रोटीन का सेवन
सुबह के नाश्ते में प्रोटीन का सेवन करें। दूध प्रोटीन का अच्छा स्रोत है, तो सुबह उठते ही एक गिलास दूध पीयें। प्रोटीन के सेवन के बाद आप स्नैक्स ले सकते हैं|
व्यायाम भी ज़रूरी है
व्यायाम को अपनी जीवनशैली का हिस्सा बनायें। सुबह हो या शाम, कुछ समय व्यायाम को ज़रूर दें। ज़रूरी नहीं कि आप घंटों व्यायाम करें, आधे घंटे का व्यायाम भी बहुत है। अगर आपको साइक्लिंग का, खेलने का या नाचने का शौक है, तो यह आपके लिए और भी अच्छा है।
फ्रूट जूस नहीं, फल
खाना मोटापा कम करने में मददगार होता है। आमतौर पर लोग बाजार में मिलने वाले पैक्ट जूस पीते हैं जिससे मौजूद कृत्रिम मीठा वजन घटाता नहीं बढ़ा देता है। आप केवल फूट जूस की जगह फल खाकर अपना वजन कम कर सकते हैं।
दही खाने से भी वजन कम हो सकता है। ज्यादा दही खाने वालों का वजन तेजी से घटता है या कम बढ़ता है। दही में कैल्शियम और प्रोटीन फैट को कम करने में सहायक होता है, लेकिन दही या तो टोंड या स्किम्ड मिल्क की हो या फिर दूध की मलाई उतार कर जमाएं। दही रात को न खाएं। सुबह या लंच में बेहतर रहता है।
पर्याप्त नींद लें
नींद पूरी होना बहुत जरूरी है। हाल ही में नींद के संबंध में आई एक स्टडी के अनुसार कम सोने से मोटापा बढ़ाने वाले जीन प्रोत्साहित होते हैं। नौ घंटे सोने वालों के मोटापे के जीन सो जाते हैं