Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Shama. NYour feedback matters!
Galactorrhea is not a disease per se, but more of an underlying medical condition or a symptom that involves discharge of a milky fluid from the nipples, which is not the breast milk. It becomes especially crucial owing to the similarity of the two, when breastfeeding the baby is concerned. It may happen even while you are not lactating or not even pregnant, mostly in menopausal women. Strangely, the syndrome has also shown to have occurred to men and children, irrespective of gender.
What are the contributing factors to the development of Galactorrhea?
- Galactorrhea is a major side effect of certain kinds of medication that leads to hormonal imbalance and ultimately leads to quasi-lactation.
- Increase in the levels of prolactin can result in Galactorrhea which may be due to a number of reasons ranging from excessive stimulation in the nipples and chest area (during sexual activities), or pituitary and thyroid problems. The former is not a major cause of worry. The latter can be fixed with proper medication.
- Kidney disease and spinal cord surgery may also result in this phenomenon.
- Substance abuse and birth control pills may also be responsible for breast discharge.
- At times, the causes for Galactorrhea may not be certifiably determined.
Various symptoms of Galactorrhea include:
- Milky discharge from one or both breasts simultaneously.
- Discharge may be continuous or intermittent.
- Density and amount of discharge may also vary.
- In case of women, this may have a direct effect on periods, leading to irregular menstruation.
- The discharge may occur without pressure or when an external agency is involved.
- Headaches and worsening vision are also said to occur.
When you experience a nipular discharge, the most common tests you should undergo include a pregnancy test, prolactin level exam, mammography, ultrasounds, even an MRI for the pituitary gland evaluation. Based on the result, your physician prescribes the required medicines or advises you to stop taking a particular medicine that might be causing this discharge in the first place.
He always feels fever and tired all the time losing weight even after taking gud diet energy level is low suffering from body pain and growth almost not there.
Hi, Pls tell me how much quantity of red wine is good for health and how frequently it should be taken. Also, pls tell me the harmful effects of red wine as I am suffering from hair loss and weak digestion.
I am 69 years old My stomach is getting bigger as I sit to work on computer for 12-14 hrs and Stomach area rises up as I sit down straight to work I do not pass stool for 2 days. I have normal Lunch.
Hello i'm a lactating mother. Delivered baby just 3 months before Due to post pregnancy weight gain my tummy looks like i'm pregnant with 6 months What should I do but I don't have to time for exercises Does Any kind of drink help like nutrislim or anything else for weight lose please help and can not skip any meal. Just want lose weight specially inches around my waist.
I can not able to increase my weight. I need your help. I want to know how much calories I need per day to bulk my body. And in what all foods rich high calories.
Im 25 yrs old. Im a juvenile diabetic patient. My hb level is always showing 6 mgs%. What should I do for increase my hb level. Pls help me.
Hello sir I am 19 year old girl. My hands are to thin according to my body it look so bad on my body. I am sickle cell anemia patient. What I do to wider my hand and gain weight sir pls help me.
I am 22 years old male height 5'5 but my weight is 51kg since very long time I am unable to increase my weight. Please help me something to gaim my weight as I look thin.
Pain is a feeling of distress that is caused by intense damaging stimuli. It is one of the most common reasons that compels the patient to consult a physician and take painkillers. In the long run, painkillers have adverse effects on our body. While most of the times, the cause of the pain is diagnosed, there are cases in which the cause remains undiagnosed. Homeopathy is a system of medicine that is based on symptoms and has no side effects and thus, it is most effective in the treatment of both muscle and joint pains.
Here we give you a list of common homeopathic pain medications that are prescribed to give relief to patients and the circumstances under which they can be used.
- Bryonia- It is given when there is a hot swollen joint, pain from overuse of body part or injury. The slightest movement aggravates the pain and is relieved of the pressure on the affected part.
- Causticum - It is recommended for muscle spasm, stiff neck and pain. The character of the pain is sharp and tearing and is caused by cold dry weather. The patient is relieved by the warmth.
- Arnica Montana - Arnica is suggested when a patient has sore, bruised feeling all over the body. The patient is very sensitive to the pain and everything on which he rests seems very hard. Arnica is a top remedy in case of injury from falling, sprain and bruise.
- Rhus Toxicodendron- A first choice of remedy in case of rheumatism and back pain. The right side of the body is especially affected. The patient experiences stiffness and aching pain that aggravates during the rainy season, in the morning, on exposure to cold and also by rest. Pain is relieved by moving the affected parts and by warmth.
- Cuprum Metallicum- It is given in cases of muscle twitching or severe muscle spasm. The patient feels better when the painful area is massaged.
- Magnesia Phosphorica - This is the best medicine for all types of pain, especially when the pain is in the right side of the body. The pain is aggravated by cold and movement and is relieved by heat and rest in the general. This is suggested to relieved lower abdomen pain during menstruation.
- Pulsatilla- This is an excellent remedy for rheumatic pains that shifts from one joint to another. Homeopathic medicine is suggested after a thorough understanding of patient symptoms and the medication differs from patient to patient. So it is better to consult a homeopathic physician to select a suitable medicine to get relieved from pain.
I am 52 year male suffering from erectile dysfunction for the past 4 years. I am non alcoholic, non smoker . Vegetarian and no BP and non diabetic. I Hv not taken any treAtment for this problem.
I want to gain weight so what should I eat and how to be healthy and my friend met with an accident he is in coma still how many days he needs to recover.
Hello sir ,i want to ask about supplement, my height is 6 feet and weight 75 kg but my body is not muscular as my weight is 75 kg so I want to know about whey protein supplement it is safe or not ,from which it is made ? Please reply sir.
How treatment is carried out in Mesotherapy
Hi! I am Dr. Nivedita Dadu. I am a dermatologist at skinology skin clinic. The url for skinology is www.skinology.in . I am creating this video to discuss about mesotherapy. Mesotherapy is a non surgical cosmetic procedure that employs administration of drugs to the skin depending upon the indications. While traditional mesotherapy uses needles, a transdermal mesotherapy machine at skinology utilizes the skins water based channels to promote drug delivery by electroporation. Meso-coctails of drugs are prepared at our clinic depending upon the indications.
For example a cocktail of glutatheon and vitamin c is used to reduce facial dullness and to give a fresher look to the skin. Hyaluronic acid cocktails are used for anti aging. These cocktails stimulate fibroplast that produce collagen and ellastin. For hairfall hair boosters and stem cells are used which reduce hairfall and promote hair growth.
For any further queries or to book an appointment with skinology you can log on to www.skinology.in