Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Shama. NYour feedback matters!
Hi. M 25 yrs. i want solution for my problems. My hemoglobin level is always less than its normal The normal range starts from 13 to 18 gm/dL. But my observed value is always less than 13gm/dL in blood test report. M also feeling tiredness n laziness very soon after doing less work. So my family doctor has told me to take capsule cheri for one month n I have completed taking capsule cheri for month and feeling good during the time of taking capsule but m feeling again laziness n tiredness as m not taking capsule cheri. So please advice me which medicines should I take for a long time for getting a ride off from the same problem. and m not passing my stool clearly. Now-a-days m passing my stool in lesser quantity for 2-3 times in a day. So please suggest me medicines. The third problem is my weight is not increasing. My body is ok but my both the hands from shoulder to fingers are very thin. I dont know why but my weight is stable it will not increase but when m falling ill, that time my weight will decrease n when I get cured from ill my weight comes to its stable range from 52 to 54kgs. This is the stable range of my weight, it will never increase and my hands are thin. So please help me out. Thank you.
And no matter how little you eat or how much you exercise none of it seems to make an OUNCE of difference.
Finally, thanks to recent discoveries, there is at last something you can do.
But first, you need to understand what's REALLY going on.
The #1 Cause of Frustrating Female Fat Over Forty.
When it comes to frustrating fat gain for females over 40 it's all about estrogen dominance.
Estrogen -- along with its counter-balancing hormone progesterone -- are the reproductive hormones that allow women to be fertile and bear children. Normally they're balanced by your brain's hormone control central -- the hypothalamus. But the hypothalamus often gets confused. Estrogen goes UP, progesterone goes DOWN, and you become estrogen dominant.
When you're estrogen dominant, it not only commands your body to deposit fat SPECIFICALLY on your thighs, hips and butt, it also orders your fat cells to grow AND multiply!
Worse, because estrogen blocks your thyroid while progesterone stimulates it, too much estrogen and not enough progesterone is like taking your foot off your metabolic gas pedal AND then slamming on the brakes at the same time! You can counteract this estrogen-induced metabolic slowdown.
Let's look at the 3 reasons for estrogen dominance
Reason #1 for Estrogen Dominance.
The primary cause of estrogen dominance -- is aging.
As you age past 30, you ovulate fewer and fewer months of the year, until ovulation disappears completely by, on average, age 52.
That's important, because whenever a woman ovulates, progesterone surges, counter-acting the estrogen surge that happens prior to ovulation, so fat-making and fat-burning stays in balance.
I am a bit overweight, there is no reduction in weight even after walking for miles together and being on diet, please help me.
Since m 18 nw still my height and weight is the sme whn I was 15. My weight do not increase fast it takes long time just to increase 2 kg. Please suggest what can I do?
Please advise the simplest way to loose over wait. Like which the thing I had to avoid it and how long it will goes?
Anal fissures are the small tears formed in the anal lining. They are also known as anal ulcers. An anal fissure causes a lot of pain and bleeding during your bowel movements. Usually a fissure heals automatically in a few days time. It can be treated with simple home remedies as well.
- You can suffer from an anal fissure if you pass hard and large stools.
- Also strained childbirth or suffering from violent spells of diarrhea might get you an anal fissure.
- Chronic constipation may also be cause of a fissure.
- Other rare causes may be anal cancer, HIV, tuberculosis or herpes.
Individuals of all age groups can suffer from anal fissures. It is not a very serious problem and heals on its own in a few weeks. Although it can heal itself, there are certain treatments which can help relieve the pain you get from an anal fissure.
An anal fissure has quite a lot of symptoms for you to understand what you are suffering from:
- There will be a very visible tear around the anal region. You will be able to spot the tear on the skin very easily.
- A small lump of skin may form next to the tear.
- When you will be undergoing your bowel movements, you will feel a very sharp pain in the anal region.
- You will find spots of blood on the stool passed.
- You will also feel a burning or an itching sensation in the anal region.
Although most fissures do not require treatment, there are a few remedies that will help cure them faster:
- Stool softeners: You get certain medicines at the chemist, which are known for their stool softening functions. These stool softeners help to soften the hard stools and initiates smooth bowel movements.
- Eat fibrous foods: Eat foods rich in fiber like fruits, whole grain cereals, raw vegetables, etc.
- Take warm baths: Take a bath in warm water as it relaxes your anal muscles, helps to relieve irritation in the region, and increases blood flow in the anorectal region.
- Use ointment: Apply nitroglycerin ointments and topical pain relievers to promote blood flow to the anal region and to relieve discomfort from the region respectively.
Related Tip: "What Are Anal Fissures and How Can You Deal With Them?"