Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ms. Kumuda
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. KumudaYour feedback matters!
I am diabetic & hypertensive also. Although the levels for both the ailments are well within control my recent routine urine RE revealed traces of protein. However my creatinine count is 0.79 & GFR is 102 My doctor has told me it is not alarming and not to worry. 24 hr settled urine albumin/creatinine test to be done after 3 months What additional precautions on diets etc to be taken. I am strictly following diabetic diet & exercise schedule.
Bipolar disorder is the medical term for extreme depression and mood swings that are abnormal or too frequent. The mood swings may go from depression to mania, where the symptoms may border on suicidal behaviour, and other such dangerous tendencies. Find out more about Bipolar Disorder with this article.
Main Symptoms: The major symptoms of Bipolar Disorder are hypomania and depression. The patient may swing between these two states on a sudden basis. The dramatic mood swings do not have a set routine or pattern and can strike at any given time. The patient may be in a certain kind of state for a prolonged period like many weeks and months, or can even be in a certain state for a matter of days, before the next mood strikes.
While hypomania is a very severe outcome of Bipolar Disorder, many people do not recognise it as a problem until it gets out of hand. This state can actually make a person feel high on energy where the patient may also achieve all-time highs in terms of productivity and a sense of wellbeing. This state can switch to a state of depression and hopelessness within a matter of days or weeks.
Types: Bipolar Disorder can be categorised into many types, depending on the level and severity of the mood swings. To begin with, Bipolar Disorder has full blown cycles of ups and downs in the mood of the patient. The up mood never really manifests into full fledged mania. This is a more mild form of the disease and the symptoms are often missed.
Rapid Cycling is another form of Bipolar Disease where a patient may experience at least four or even more episodes of major mood swings within a period of 12 months. Further, Mixed Bipolar is a form of the disease where the depression and elevation may come together or in rapid succession of each other. Cyclothymia is another mild form of this mood disorder and comes with subtle changes in one's mood.
Diagnosis and Treatment: While the diagnosis is done by a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist with the help of an examination of the symptoms, the treatment includes long term counselling and therapy as well as medication for more severe cases. The drugs and therapy aim at making the mind more stable with psychotherapy. Drugs like lithium or benzodiazepine can also be prescribed to control sleeplessness and hyperactivity as well as hostility and suicidal tendencies.
Talking and discussing things are the foremost methods used by psychiatrists when it comes to treating this disease. Persistent mood alterations must be run past a specialist in the field.
Hi. I'm 46 years old working professional. And am going through pre menopause symptoms. Periods are irregular since last 2 years. I have gained 10 KGS weight over last 4 years. I currently weigh 74 kgs and I need advise on diet n weight management.
My weight is so much how I loose my weight fast coz my job offer in april, my height is 5.8 nd weight 102.
I am 25 years old but I am still marriage for reasons my hight and weight is less than 140 cm please give me use full ideas.
I have to loss my weight as soon as possible please help me guide with the proper diet chart age :23 weight :72.
Yoghurt is a dairy product that is produced when milk is fermented by certain bacteria. Yoghurt is also a probiotic food as it contains a host of good bacteria that help in improving the digestive system of your body. Yoghurt not only provides a good supply of proteins but also contains essential vitamins and minerals, which is one of the many reasons why it should be a part of your daily diet. Besides that, yoghurt has many other health benefits, which are -
1. It prevents osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a disorder of the bone that is linked with calcium and vitamin D levels in the body. Yoghurt is a good source of both calcium and vitamin D and helps in improving the health of the bones in your body.
2. It reduces chances of high blood pressure. Yoghurt helps in reducing blood pressure as it as it is rich in potassium, and potassium is known to lessen the effect sodium has on your body. This by-product of milk is also low-fat dairy.
3. It is a probiotic contribute to weight gain. Yoghurt contains bacteria culture that is good for the digestive tract and helps in preventing many diseases such as colon cancer, bowel disorders and constipation.
4. It decreases chances of infections in the vagina. Regular consumption of yoghurt reduces chances of vaginal infections as it reduces the pH levels in the vagina.
5. Helps in feeling fuller. Yoghurt helps in feeling fuller due to its high protein content. The protein present also helps in maintaining the muscles in the body.
6. Improves brain functioning. Yoghurt contains vitamin B12 that helps in providing energy and improving the functioning of the brain.
7. Yoghurt contains iodine. Iodine is an important nutrient that helps in improving the functioning of the thyroid gland. Yoghurt supplies the body with iodine, which helps in preventing metabolic disorders that result from problems in the thyroid gland.
8. Helps in curing cold. The good bacteria present in yoghurt help in preventing the common cold. Not only that, they also help in recovering from respiratory infections.