Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Fatema NulwalaYour feedback matters!
Banana, when to eat? Before food or after food? Its better to avoid at night? Pl. Answer me. Thanks.
"How do I get rid of my tummy?"- This is the most common question I am asked on line or in person.
Doing away with abdominal fat or tummy or belly fat as you call it is important for more than just your vanity. Excess abdominal fat—particularly that surrounds your organs can be the number 1 reason for of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, and some cancers. If you work on one isolated routine like skipping meals or doing crunches- mind you - it does not work. Losing that bulge is more than just exercise or even diet. It all comes down to working on various factors.
So, here are some reasons why we pile on the fats in the abdominal area-
# You are stressed.
# Skimping your sleep.
# Eating the wrong fats.
# Eating too much processed foods.
# You're eating the wrong fats.
# Wrong technique and type of exercise. Not enough exercise.
# You are getting older or reached menopause.
# Long hours of fasting and consequent late and heavy meals.
# Alcohol and smoking.
Understanding this will help us work on it better.
Skipping a meal has become a common phenomenon among most working people. You tend to miss breakfast on off days or skip dinner since you are too tired or sleepy. Skipping a meal once in a while may not have any serious effects although making a habit out of it can alter your body metabolism. The way your body reacts to skipped meals varies depending on your age, diet and health. Here are a few negative effects skipping a meal can have on your body-
1. Low brain function - There are times when you choose to compensate for a heavy meal you had by skipping another altogether. Your body weakens even if you skip one meal and subsequently your brain can't function actively and you tend to lose your focus. The brain runs on glucose primarily, hence, you can't think clearly because of low blood sugar level due to skipping a meal. It worsens in case you have made a regular habit out of it.
2. Mood swings and stress - Mood swings and irritable attitude is very common in case you are starving yourself. Due to low blood sugar level in your body, you tend to snap and get easily annoyed. The symptoms worsen if you make it a habit. You tend to get more stressed and face trouble in making decisions. Skipping meals regularly can make you really moody and jittery all the time. You tend to have angry outbursts in situations where you would otherwise deal tactfully.
3. More chances of overeating - Fasting increases the chances of overeating. You may choose to skip a meal as a compensatory act but there are more possibilities that you will end up binging later. Denying your body the appropriate amount of food only makes it crave for more. Most of the times you are likely to end up eating junk food and make up for the skipped meal. It's best to eat proper nutritious meals than loading up on junk food.
4. Gaining weight - There are high chances of gaining pounds if you skip a meal routinely. You tend to overeat usually when your body feels deprived and gives you hunger pangs. If you restrict yourself too much then it interferes with your body metabolism. Your body goes into a survival mode and starts storing everything you consume as fat. That way whatever you eat adds to your waistline and does not do much good.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Why Sodium is So Bad? + How to Control it with Diet
How I reduce my belly fat? I am a college student so I have not maintain any diet chart. Please help me.
Hello. My father had a full body checkup and his cholesterol level is 236 whereas normal should be 200. Can you please tell me the measures he should take to lower it down? N what kind of precautions and remedy does he have to observe and take? Why does cholesterol level rise? I would be highly obliged if you can help me. I just want help him.
I am becoming fatty and have lose my activeness can you sugest some medicines or exercise to become thin.
I am 21 year old My breast is pressed 1st time in life by my husband 2 days ago after that I got pain continually in my breast, I want to know why pain occurring in my breast and is there any method to get relief And is this pain serious symptom of disease. When I do work or jump it gives lot pain Plss help to cure.
I am a student who wake up at 4 o'clock in the morning and sleep at 10 o'clock in the evening. Once I return from my college I feel lack of energy and not able to do any work or study properly. Please suggest me some energy drink or something else that would keep me energetic and also won't harm my body.
How to get energy and stamina for daily work. I got tired fast, for doing daily work. How to remember answer fast. How to get sharp mind.
Her mother suffers from thyroid and daily work for 15 min in morning and at night. She drinks hot water also in morning but her weight first reduced but now it again start increased. How to reduce her weight. Pls help.
Hi I have dark circle under the eyes. Nd I am also under weight I want to gaining weight I have take many weight gaining products life protein x. Please suggest me what I do?
I am 18 years old girl. I weigh 95 kgs. I am gng through a lot of stress. I am the eldest child in the house. I live in joint family. There are Twp siblings of mine the younger one. They r good at almost everything and m not m just an average girl. So I feel inferior and my family members also think that m not useful to anything. I have tried to commit suicide in front of them but still they don't care. After that I know that even if I die there will be no difference in there life there is no way I can commit suicide just make them understand my existence. I need a permanent solution for this problem.
Almonds can be eaten in many ways and have a plethora of health benefits. Experts say that eating even an ounce of almondswhic a day can reduce the risk of potential heart disease as it is rich in magnesium which is essential for healthy heart.
Also it is good for reducing cholesterol levels and aid in weight loss too. They promote gastrointestinal health and helps combat diabetes too as the sugar content in almonds is less
I have a desk job and in the last 2 years, my weight has gone up from 75 to 85kg. I want to lose weight. Please help.
I am type 2 diabetic patient. I am taking Bitter ground juice, Gooseberry juice and soaked Fenugreek water. Is it effective to control Diabetic.
Conditions related to the eating patterns or behavior of an individual which leave a negative impact on the health of the person are known as eating disorders. These can lead to the deficiency of sufficient nutrition in the body. The heart, the digestive system, the bones, and the teeth and the mouth are the body parts that generally get affected due to this condition.
Although the root cause is not known exactly, there are several factors which can be held responsible for causing this type of disorders likes:
1. Genetics-A person, who has parents or siblings suffering from eating disorders, has higher chances of suffering from it as well.
2. Society- In order to fit into the society, people often find it very necessary to look the best, which means being thin. Peer pressure and the worry about what people say fuels the desire, more like desperation in a person to become thin, which may lead to an eating disorder.
3. Emotional and psychological health- Problems directly linked with the psychological and emotional health of a person, like low self-esteem, impulsive behavior, relationship associated trouble and perfectionism can also lead to eating disorders.
There are certain factors which increase the risk of eating disorders.
1. Age-Anyone can suffer from this condition. However, a teenager or a young adult has higher chances of getting an eating disorder.
2. Gender- Females have higher risks of suffering from eating disorders than men.
3. Stress- Anyone who is going through any kind of emotional/mental stress has high chances of getting an eating disorder.
4. Family history-People who have a family history of this condition, i.e. their parents or siblings had suffered from it earlier, have higher chances of getting any kind of eating disorder.
5. Other mental disorders-Obsessive compulsive disorder, depression and anxiety are some mental disorders which may trigger this condition in an individual.
6. Profession- Dancers, models or actors have higher chances of suffering from eating disorders because they always have this urge/want to look the best, so they starve themselves.