Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Mrs. Ramani KumarYour feedback matters!
How to improve your eating habits
You are what you eat, and this rings true for everyone. What you eat impacts your health the most, much more than any other thing. What you eat also depends on your environment and the people you share your life with. However, cultivating healthy eating habits does not require a lot of effort. Making small changes to your daily habits and lifestyle is the only way to improve your eating habits permanently- diets only provide temporary help.
Here are some changes to make to improve your eating habits:
- Incorporate more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains into your diet while eliminating unhealthy foods.
- If you are working or studying away from home, try to pack healthy lunch and snacks for yourself to avoid eating unhealthy food daily.
- Don't eat straight from the packet - use a plate or bowl to control how much you eat.
- Don't delay or skip meals.
- Cut down your consumption of aerated drinks and sodas.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Drink water after waking up and before sleeping. Being dehydrated may make you feel like you're hungry, so it is important to stay hydrated.
- Have homemade fruit and vegetable juices
- Eat 5-6 small healthy meals every 2-3 hours, every day, instead of having a few big ones. This regulates your blood sugar level and your metabolism.
- Don't skip breakfast, instead, make it rich with complex carbohydrates and proteins, so it can provide you with energy to get through the day. Try to include the following as your morning breakfast, oats porridge, eggs on multigrain toast or daliya with sprouts.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners in processed foods.
- Eat slowly as it takes about 20 minutes for your brain to register if you're full or not. Eating too fast leads to overeating, so chew slowly to digest your food better and control how much you eat.
- Use a smaller plate to control your portion sizes and avoid overeating.
- Know your cravings and do not snack when you're emotional. It is said that you crave crunchy and savory food when you're stressed, frustrated or lonely. Figure out what you crave and replace them with healthier alternatives.
- Do not eat mindlessly; concentrate on your food instead of watching tv or playing with your phone to avoid overeating.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Fresh Fruits Vs. Dry Fruits
Sir I want to know" how loose my weight. And what should be weight for physical fitness. So looking gorgeous I hope you advice good ideas me.
Here are some tips that will help you to overcome lifestyle diseases