Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Hi, I'm drinking water every morning before brushing, I read that it's benefits to health, is it true? Please confirm if anything!
I have many white hairs which is increasing day by day. Suggest me to reduce my white hairs. Also I need some tips to gain my weight. Have some black marks on skin. Suggest me to get clear skin.
What food should to take to keep body always actively. I'm preparing fr IAS so. Always studying so always feeling dull my mind.
Feeling headache after staying in morning and not feeling fresh. Whole day I am also feeling tired as if not much energy left. Plse advise.
I have a computer based job and in the last 2 years my weight has gone up from 50 kg to 60 kg. I want to lose weight. Please help me.
Hi this is sachin alamkere, my problem is that I have large amount of belly fat around my stomach only only. From last 20 days am doing running and exercise .little bit reducing the fat. But I want to reduce fastly. Because am will be married. Also am not eating any spicy food and fatty items. Also taking only 6 hrs sleep. Please advise me my eating schedule and what to eat to reduce stomach belly fat. And what to exercise. Awaiting your valuable reply.
What is the root cause for Dandruff? I am suffering from this issue, and also I see some white stuff (probably Dandruff on my eye lashes ) How to reduce or get rid of this ? Please advise.
I am 21 years old and I feel parts of my body little bit heavy and sometimes feel like hand or leg is sleeping. Please help.
A person, in order to be a successful sportsman or sportswoman needs to take a good care of his or her diet plans on a daily basis. They need more energy, proteins, vitamins, calories, minerals, carbohydrates and fats than other people, who are not involved in sports. Also, the requirement of energy varies in different sportsperson.
On an average, a sportsman below 30 years of age needs 3000 Kilo calories of food whereas those beyond 30 years need 2800-3000 Kilo calories of food daily.
The different requirements in the diets of a sportsman are explained as follows:
- Carbohydrates: It is found in whole grains and fruits. Also the diet should comprise of foods rich in fiber.
- Proteins: Proteins are the building blocks of the body which is why a sportsperson need it the most. It builds their immunity and increases the ability of the body to handle physical stress and strain. It is found in chicken, fish egg whites, milk, yoghurts, beans etc.
- Fats: They are required for the proper lubrication of the bones. They also help in the absorption and transportation of fat soluble vitamins. Have foods with saturated fats like nuts, olive oil, fatty fish, low fat milk and low fat dairy products.
- Vitamins & Minerals: Adequate amount of vitamins maintain the health and integrity of the cell bodies in the body. It also fights against the stress by destroying few unnecessary substances in the body and increasing antioxidants.
- Hydration: Proper hydration of the body is essential for a sportsperson in addition to other necessary nutrient requirements since it increases the functionality of the person. This is because proteins might result in constipation in the body the effect of which is nullified by the supply of adequate amount of water.
- Fiber: Apart from these, foods rich in fiber are also required since presence of adequate amount fiber in the body helps in having regular bowel movement in a person.
- Salt intake: Salt is an important ingredient in the diet of the sportsperson since salt is the key source of sodium which has contribution towards keeping one healthy.
If you are not finding time for today's fitness, then you are saving that time for tomorrow's sickness
Strange but true.