Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Healthy Heart Diet
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Dt. B.g. Srinivasa MurthyYour feedback matters!
I am a 26 years old and in a long distance relationship since 5 years. I am very much emotionally attached to this guy but we don't share a very good understanding. I get hurt very easily and cry a lot. Also because of my day to day dealing of people, I easily get hurt over what others do to me, I have lost trust in all, I have developed severe anger, I don't feel like sharing my feelings with anyone because no body will understand. I don't talk to my parents about what is bothering me. I have become silent and have bottled up all my feelings. My parents get upset and scolds me that I am always sad and don't talk but they never try to understand what is going inside me. Please help. Thank you in advance.
Hello My question is can I gain weight by yoga and meditation? As I am underweight and my body progress with gym workout and nutrition is very slow. So I want to know that will these two activities help me to gain weight faster or quickly. Thanks.
I am 28 years old and recently I got married. From last 4 years i am addicted to codine cyrup. I want to quit it but i am unable to do that. I asked one homopathic doctor regarding the same, he suggested me same sos medcine but its not working. Please tell me the best possible way to quit codine cyrup.
Sir There are many anti diabetic drugs sir/madam what are the criteria to prescribe the drugs to diabetics?
If your diet is low in the nutrients your body needs, your mouth may have a more difficult time resisting infection. A poor diet can lead to gum disease and tooth decay.
Eventually these acids can cause tooth enamel to break down, forming a cavity. Foods that contain sugars of any kind can contribute to tooth decay.
Foods that protect against decay:
Cheese: consuming cheese after a sugary snack prevents increase in acidity. Cheese stimulates saliva and is rich in calcium influencing the balance of re-calcifying teeth and protecting against loss of calcium.
Cow’s milk: contains lactose, which is less acid producing than other sugars and does not promote decay as readily. In addition, it also contains calcium, phosphorus, and casein, all of which help stop decay. However bottle-feeding milk at night can cause decay.
Human breast milk: contains 7% lactose and is lower in calcium and phosphate. It generally does not initiate decay except in cases of high frequency nighttime feeding and prolonged on demand feeding.
Plant foods: are fibrous and protect teeth by mechanically stimulating saliva. Peanuts, hard cheeses, and gum that contains xylitol can act the same way.
Black & green teas: are particularly rich in polyphenols and flavonoids, which are complex antioxidant compounds found in many plant foods. The fluoride in black tea may also protect against decay.
Chocolate: there is some evidence that cocoa in an unrefined form (without added sugars) may have some anti-decay potential due to polyphenolic compounds present, but processed chocolate is too high in sugar to be good for the teeth.
Looking after your teeth is important if you want them to last a lifetime! sticking to a nutritionally sound diet that is low in free sugars, high in fiber — lots of fruits and vegetables — and drinking plenty of water (preferably fluoridated) will safeguard your oral and dental health as well as your general health and well-being.
I have gained more fat on my belly and on my chest I don't take much stress but that fat on my chest looks very embracing I don't get any free time for exercise tell how can I loose this fat without exercise please help me.
I want to ask that whether or not I am overweight. If I am, then tell me the ways to reduce the extra weight.
My brother is so concerned about his skinny body. Is there any home remedy that help him out to gain weight and also please prescribe some of the market products (weight gainers) those without any side effect help him to gain weight?
Hi I am 26 of I have any small amount of food also I feel like full and my stomach it's showing outside.
I have hypothythyroid problem. My weight is 72 increased 7 kg in a weak. I have been taken tablet of thyroid of 100. I walk 1 hour daily. Please suggest me any good solution.
Gist of rujuta divekar's talk today organised by borivali medical brotherhood:
1. Throw out your weighing scale cause it is not a reflection of how healthy you are.
2. Bmi is not an accurate representation as each of us is different. Instead two new terms have come into play- tofi and foti (thin outside and fat inside and vice versa) means you are unhealthy even if you look thin on the outside.
3. New research is showing that cholesterol is not directly the cause of heart disease.
4. Eat 4-5tsps of ghee everyday. It is good for the gut bacteria and will actually help in reducing abdomen fat.
5. Bring back rice on your plate. Not brown not white but handpounded. Eat rice at night too if you have grown up eating it. Leave the quinoa to the south americans
6. Stop looking at food as carbs, protein &amp; fat. Instead look at it from farmer, trader, consumer point of view. So eat what takes the least time to come to you - eat local!
7. All fruit is the same. All have fructose- again eat local grown seasonal fruit.
8. Bananas are good for you.
9. Eat before you drink alcohol - eat early, drink early.
10. Weight loss industry has somehow managed to get everyone to believe that what tastes yuck is healthy and good for you. Don't equate healthy with yucky tasting food.
11. Keep moving. For every half hour you sit, move at least 3mins.
12.150mins of exercise a week is mandatory.
14. Weight bearing exercise is what one should be doing to keep bones strong and for stronger muscles.
15. Oil your hair once a week, rub ghee on your feet and drink plenty of water to alleviate bloating.
16. Salt is not bad for you. Don't go salt free. Use rock salt.
17. Sugar is also not bad for you provided you eat it the right way. Indian sweets are better than your pastries and brownies etc.
18. Work on strengthening your legs.
19. Don't believe that drinking green tea will make you lose weight. A myth that google and weight loss industry has promoted just because chinese are thin.
20. Red meat is absolutely fine as long as you watch the quantity.
21. Latest research is linking wine to breast cancer
22. Eat so much that when you get up from the table, you should feel light.
23. Don't count calories
24. Most important - remove fear from your head while eating. (we all know about the mind-body connection by now)
25. Make lifestyle changes and don't follow fad diets which rob your body of essential vitamins and minerals)