Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
I am 37 years old, my cholesterol/HDL 4.1, HDL cholesterol >60 mg/di and LDL cholesterol <130 mg mg/di Please advise.
My Mom is feeling heavy Dizziness (chakkar) since today morning. She is 63 years old, and Has diabetes, high sugar, cholesterol & high triglycerides. Please advice as soon as possible, WHAT IS THE IMMEDIATE STEP TO TAKE. SHOULD WE TAKE HER TO A SPECIALIST? Since today is a Saturday and festival time. Most Doctors are unavailable. Should we admit her to a hospital? PLEASE ADVICE SOON. Thank you.
16 MAGICAL HEALING POWERS OF GARLIC:
1. Improves Heart Health: Garlic cleanses the arteries and veins, thins blood, prevents blot clots, and nourishes the arteries maintaining their ability to stretch, preventing fatal heart diseases like heart attacks and atherosclerosis.
2. Anti-Clotting: Garlic increases the production of nitric oxide in the blood, which helps dilate blood vessels and dissolve blood clots. The anti-clotting properties of ajoene, a sulphur containing compound found in garlic, help in preventing the formation of blood clots in the body.
3. Soothes Respiratory System: The distinctive overwhelming odor and taste in garlic comes from the Sulphur content, which accelerates the activities of mucous membranes in the upper respiratory tract, relieving compression and mucus. Its antibacterial phytochemical properties help in treating throat irritations and potent expectorant qualities help treat chronic bronchitis and asthma.
4. Anti-Bacterial: Garlic has a rich combination of vital nutrients like Vitamin C, B6, allicin, potassium, calcium, selenium, magnesium, and flavonoids, rendering it with antibacterial and antiviral properties. They help control bacterial, viral, fungal, yeast, worm infections, and bacteria like E. coli, Salmonella enteritidis, etc.
5. Diabetes: Garlic increases insulin release and regulates blood sugar levels in diabetics.
6. Cures Skin Ailments: Applying fat dissolving garlic extracts to corns on the feet and warts on the hands alleviates the pain and hastens the healing process. Its anti fungal properties help heal ringworm and athlete’s foot.
7. Anti-Cancer: Organosulfida contained in garlic helps the liver to process toxic chemicals, including cancer-causing chemical compounds, lowering risk of stomach and colon cancer. Diallyl sulphides found in garlic inhibit the transformation of heterocyclic amines into carcinogens, preventing breast cancer.
8. Lowers Cholesterol: Garlic has the ability to moderately lower our blood triglycerides, bad LDL cholesterol, and reduce arterial plaque formation.
9. Fights Allergies: Garlic anti-inflammatory property helps the body fight allergies. The anti-arthritic property of garlic is due to diallyl sulphide and thiacremonone which relieves allergic airway inflammation (allergic rhinitis), and itching due to rashes and bug bites.
10. Pain Relief: Garlic anti inflammatory property relieves joint pains especially arthritis.
11. Stabilizes Blood Pressure: Allicin in garlic blocks the activity of Angiotensin II, a protein that contracts blood vessels, helping reduce blood pressure. Red blood cells convert polysulphides into hydrogen sulphide gas which dilates our blood vessels and helps control blood pressure.
12. Relieves Toothache: Garlic also has analgesic properties, antibacterial and anesthetizing, which can help cure toothaches.
13. Treating Acne: Garlic has antibiotic properties and contains compounds that are useful to clean the blood. But not entirely using garlic only, but you have to do further treatment.
14. Improve Iron Metabolism: Diallyl sulphides in garlic increase iron metabolism by stimulating the production of Ferroportin, a protein which helps in iron absorption and release.
15. Aphrodisiac: Garlic thins the blood, dissolves blood clots, dilates the blood vessels and improves blood circulation, rejuvenating the sexual functions.
16. Assists in Weight Loss: The anti-inflammatory property of 1, 2-DT (1, 2-vinyldithiin) found in garlic may help inhibit conversion of Pre-adipocytes into fat cells (adipocytes), aiding weight loss.
My mother does not sleep last 5 night and she having little pain at left side of chest also she is an asthma patient. Plzz suggest what should I do.
Can we give the injection TROXONE-T injection to a diabetic and BP patient.(Taken only insulin before 5/6 hours) The patient taken CIPMOL 650 and a antibiotics.
Hello doctor my self raju bai. I am 50years old women. I have high blood pressure problem for last two months what should I do.
I have some issue with chest discomfort and everyday some phlegm/mucus coming out from my nose. Also facing frequent respiratory infections. Cough stay 7-10 days and again came back after 20-25 days. I have no issue with difficulty breathing. I have consulted a chest specialist and he said me that I have asthma and he advised 'formoflo 250 transcaps but my issues are not improving. He did not advised me any examination or anything. Please advise.
I am a diabetic and also BP but my blood pressure is under control but when tested I found my pulse rate at 95 what will be the reason I am on amaryl 1 mg and angizar 25 mg what is the normal pulse rate what can I do to bring the pulse rate lower please help my pulse rate is not taken while resting.
I am a 24 year old female. I have hypertension problems. I feel anxious, sad all the time. I am not able to sleep properly.
I am 52 years old and had a angioplasty in march 2010 and on regular follow up now same doctor has advised for angiography. Further I have cervical spondolysis. Head always remain heavy. Please advise what to do?
I am 69 years old male. My bp as on 15/4/15 130/80 and glucose fasting is 80 and pp is 132. Hb1ac average blood glucose 108. Creatinine is 1.6. Whether my health is ok.
The TSH was 7-8 (3-4 years back) I was prescribed Thyroxine 75 OD but unfortunately I discontinued it 2 years back. Now these days, I felt overweight (100 Kg / 5' 10.5' Hight) and less energy so I get the test again by self. The results were. 27/Sep/16 T3 94 (Ref: 60 - 200) T4 3.1 (Ref: 4.5 - 12.0) TSH 18.92 (Reff: 0.30 - 5.5) I met my doctor and he advised to continue with Thyroxine 75 OD. Later after one month I get these tests done again. 7/Nov/16 T3 94 (Ref: 60 - 200) T4 6.2 (Ref: 4.5 - 12.0) TSH 7.45 (Reff: 0.30 - 5.5) I was advised to get Lipid profile as well, so reports are. TOTAL CHOLESTEROL 190 mg/dl (Ref: 125 - 200) HDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT 30 mg/dl (Ref: 35-80) TRIGLYCERIDES 506 mg/dl (Ref: 25 - 200) LDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT 100 mg/dl (Ref: 85 - 130) VLDL CHOLESTEROL 101.12 mg/dl (Ref: 5 - 40) TC/ HDL CHOLESTEROL RATIO 6.3 Ratio (Ref: 3.0 - 5.0) LDL / HDL RATIO 3.3 Ratio (Ref: 1.5 - 3.5) NON-HDL CHOLESTEROL 159.7 mg/dl (Ref: < 160) Please suggest if I am suffering from something serious. However I have started walk for 1-2 KM every evening.
My father in law is suffering from a major attack. His heart is working but Brian not working. We consult with Cardiac doctor and as per his feedback the brain got damage (is in Koma) also right lever and kidney having problems. They put him on ventilator for 2 days and said that there is no possibility for recovery. Yesterday at 6 am we disconnected the ventilator and bring patient at home. But from last 18 hrs. His heart is working. Kindly suggest for further treatment as we are not able to take a decision. Presently we are located in Nipani District. Belgum Pl. Reply.
I am very suffering of my weight. This is my very dangerous problem and blood pressure is always high. My blood pressure is 150/98. What is the solutions of decreased my weight and my blood pressure is low. Please advised me.
You feel your heart begin to beat wildly in your chest as you break into a cold sweat and have trouble catching your breath; is this a heart attack or panic attack? Your first thought is that it's a heart attack since you have an impending feeling of doom which you may even have felt before your attack began. This makes your heart beat even faster and you become so overwhelmed that the feeling gets even worse until you begin to feel light-headed or maybe even pass out. This is a panic attack.
When you suffer from anxiety, the slightest thing can trigger a panic attack and some can be so intense that you can't imagine it being anything other than looming death. It's very common for those having an anxiety attack to mistake it for a heart attack and this fear is enough to just take over and really wreak havoc on your heart rate, but no matter how fast your heart beats or how panicked you feel; you are not having a heart attack and this episode will not kill you.
One thing that will prove helpful in dealing with this is learning the differences between the two:
Signs of a Heart Attack:
Pressure in the Chest (described as feeling like there is an elephant sitting on your chest).
Chest pain - note that this is not always present.
Pain in the right arm.
Pain in the back or shoulder blades for women.
Nausea or vomiting.
Panic attack symptoms include:
Increased heart rate.
Sharp or stabbing chest pain that lasts only 5 to 10 seconds.
Pain that is localized to one small area.
Pain that usually occurs at rest.
Pain that accompanies anxiety.
Pain that is relieved or worsened when you change positions.
Pain that can be reproduced or worsened by pressing over the area of pain.
The bottom line: Be vigilant and get checked out promptly.