Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vishnu Motukan
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vishnu MotukanYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I want to know does hereditary dark circles can be removed. Doctor here has recommend me cernor xo kit for 1 year. But I am sure it will not work as it is hereditary. I want perfect eyes. Can you please help me? I do not have deep dark circles they are light as my mother also have them. Thank u.
Dry skin is a condition caused by the lack of moisture in skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are just some of the conditions, which may be caused due to dry skin. Dry skin can also be very uncomfortable. The condition is mostly caused by environmental factors such as exposure to harsh weather conditions or getting soaked in hot water.
People at risk:
- Age: People who are older than 40 years of age tend to be more at risk of dry skin than people who are younger than 40 years.
- Climate: As mentioned earlier, weather conditions play a pivotal role in causing dry skin. Therefore, people who live in areas where the climate is either very hot or very cold tend to get dry skin more often than people who live in temperate climates. Low humidity is another factor which causes dry skin.
- Profession: Some professions, such as nursing or hairstyling requires frequent usage of hot water all through the day, which can also lead to dry skin.
- Swimming: Swimming is one of the major causes of dry skin. This is especially true in pools, which have chlorine. This is because chlorine increases the itchiness on your skin.
- Lifestyle changes: Usually, lifestyle changes such as avoiding long, hot showers and putting moisturizers are good enough to make sure that dry skin goes away.
- Lactic acid: Creams with lactic acid and urea can be prescribed by your doctor, if the dryness of your skin does not go away with moisturizers. These creams are usually over-the-counter medications.
- Prescription creams: Prescription creams are given, only when conditions such as dermatitis, psoriasis or ichthyosis are present.
- Wet dressing: Wet dressing is given only when dermatitis has set in, as it mostly help in preventing the infection.
- Oiling: Oiling your body, especially with fish or flaxseed oil, ensures that your body does not succumb to dry skin.
- Hand sanitizer: Normal hand sanitizers tend to make your hands dry. Thus, dermatologists recommend hydrating hand sanitizers that allow your hands to maintain their moisture. Therefore, whenever you are using a hand sanitizer, use a hydrating one.
I have black spots on my face. What should I do to cure them and I have have black spots around my eyes.
Acne or acne vulgaris is a medical condition characterized by the appearance of an ugly and vulgar scourge on the face. Acne can cause scars, which are lifelong and can affect the self esteem and self-image of a person. Acne is more common in adolescents, but grown-up men too can suffer from acne. Acne in case of men is less severe, but still they are enough to spoil one's facial appearance.
Acne is caused because of several reasons, such as:
1. Overactive sebaceous glands: The trapped oil in the pores of the skin or follicles may result in blockage or blemishes. The sebaceous glands are responsible for creating oil, which helps in lubrication of the skin surface. Over secretion or overproduction of sebum from these glands may cause acne in men. Excess of oil stays in the pores, which blocks the sebaceous duct creating a follicle blockage. This causes acne.
2. Shedding of skin cells: The epidermis or topmost layer of the skin sheds dead skin cells and is replaced by new cells. When this process is hampered, extra skin cells are produced and the presence of lamellar granules in the skin gets lessened. This makes the skin prone to acne. More dead skin cells are produced, which are not shed properly and the cells remain stuck inside the follicles, which lead to acne.
3. Bacteria proliferation: A type of bacteria known as propionibacterium acne is found on the surface of the skin. When the propionibacterium acne grows out of control, acne are caused. Due to blockage caused by dead cells and excess oil, an anaerobic environment gets created and oxygen cannot pass through the pores.
- Treatment of acne is done by keeping the pores open. This is done by using various skin cleansers for exfoliation of the skin and removing dead skin cells.
- Some medicines which are available over-the-counter stores can be used to treat acne. The peroxide and glycolic acid present in the medicines prevent the formation of blockages.
- Chemical Peels work by removing dead skin cells and encouraging new ones to grow, leading to a fresher, more glowing you. A chemical formula is applied to the skin that removes the top layer of skin and reveals the softer, smoother skin beneath.
- The procedure is used all over the world to treat skin problems such as wrinkles and lines, acne scars, hyper-pigmentation, and sun damage - the results can be life-transforming.
- Several gels, lotions, pads and creams may help in exfoliation and cleansing of the skin. These products contain benzoyl peroxide, which helps in destroying bacteria responsible for triggering infection. They also contain Salicylic acid, which helps in unclogging of blockages.
- Several antibiotics can be consumed or rubbed on the surface of the skin for controlling bacterial growth. Certain vitamin A derivatives called retinoids also help in unclogging of the follicles. Some anti-inflammatory medicines can also treat acne.
Acne is a condition which is not just confined to teens and may occur in grown ups and adult males. Acne is irritating and must be eliminated using the various methods advised by your physician. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.