Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VijendraYour feedback matters!
I had chewing tobacco and smoking habit even drinking but occasionally I want to quit tobacco but I fail every time I try I fear of cancer what should I do and who can diagnose my mouth to check whether there is any sort of pre cancer symptoms.
How to concentrate only on studies for a long time without any distraction? I am little bit of addiction to mobile n I am not able to concentrate on anything for a long time. Please help me how can I concentrate n what steps I must take to live my life better?
I started taking pexep 20 mg for social anxiety for 1 month den increased dose to 30mg for 20 days and now started with 40 mg for social anxiety I m not getting good result no improvement in social anxiety please help.
Hello sir. I am studying degree 2nd year. From the past 1 week I meet some unwanted thoughts that makes me to commit suicide and dreams are always relating to suicide. I that times I am feeling lonely, feeling for small issues, crying a lot, in some times I feel that I am wast person in my life. And I want to die. Sir this is natural situations or my self I am making that problems.
How to improve concentration on anything I am not able to concentrate on any thing what to do I am feeling so lazy.
I'm 16 years old I cannot have a sound sleep due to the absence of sleep in my life. My schedule is very busy due to studies and sometimes I even have headache .so please show me the way to overcome this problem of headache .it pains very badly.
A lot of parents have strained relationships with their children owing to a variety of reasons- lack of communication, misunderstanding, lack of time etc. This strained relationship results in depression, substance abuse, broken families, suicides etc which affect both sides. Thus, it is important to lay down some basic principles to maintain a healthy parent-child relationship.
- Effective Communication: No relationship can thrive without effective communication. You need to invest time and interest in your child’s life to understand him/her better and build a healthy relationship.
- Adapt Yourself: To build a relationship, you cannot rely on a single tried and tested method to work for everything. You need to adapt yourself according to the situation and the growing stages of your child as every stage requires a different level of understanding.
- Grow with your Child: As a parent, you need to be able to grow with your child. The ability to adapt and evolve according to the different stages your child goes through will help you guide him/her better and give the child a confidante to place their trust in.
- Give Space: Every relation requires some amount of space and as a parent, you should give your child the required space. Similarly, a child should understand that he can’t be told everything by his parents and let him make his own decisions. This space given to the other person defines the relationship.
- Establish Ground Rules: While setting too many rules isn’t advisable, you need to establish some ground rules as a parent to manage your child’s behaviour and habits. The way these rules are implemented is going to define your child’s development and evolution as an individual.
- Respect the Other Person: Respect your child by talking to him politely and lending an ear to his/her problems and more importantly, to receive the same level of respect. This respect is the foundation of building a relationship which is progressive.
- Be there for the other person: As a parent, you need to be patient and understanding when your child is going through something and constantly remind him/her of the support he/she has. A child also needs to be empathetic towards the problems the parent is dealing with. This leads to mutual understanding and a healthy transformation in a relationship.
Now days I am get high level of tension. I do not know why, but is there any methods I could use to reduce this problem.
I want to become a Chartered Accountant and I don't want to sleep more than six hour please help me for increase my memory power and control over on sleeping now I am sleeping more than 8 hours in a day.
While siblings are the force that breathes life into any family structure, it has also been seen as a challenge of sorts to manage siblings and bring out the best in each one of them. In any family unit, there are a number of entities who need to be nurtured in a certain way to ensure that their identities are not hampered by a "one size fits all" style of parenting. Every child is different and will need to be handled differently. Besides this, there are other related challenges that will contribute to the quality of the relationships between the siblings, as well as the rivalry that they may feel towards each other when it comes to attention, achievements and varied other factors.
Read on to know the ten tips to tackle sibling rivalry:
- Make Friends before Birth: encourage your first born to connect even before the birth of the new baby by including him or her in the changes you see and feel. Planning for the new baby with your first born will also help in such cases.
- Staying positive is a big factor that will help the children in feeling confident despite their different qualities and strengths.
- Comparison is a big no no. Stay away from these kind of comparisons so that the children do not feel like they have to fight with each other for your praise.
- Time Sharing: Ensure that you divide your time well and indulge each child in his or her area of interest so that they feel like you are always there for each of them.
- Harmonious Start to the day: this will ensure that the children have a special bond at the end of the day. Make sure that they help each other and divide chores accordingly. The older siblings should be given the care giving tasks while the younger ones should be taught to obey them and play along.
- Humour them: It is a known fact that humour is the best medicine that breaks even the most tension filled atmosphere.
- Family Meetings: Hold family meetings to discuss important things and even intense fights so that everyone's needs and issues are addressed.
- Empathy: Teaching your child to empathize with others will help him or her steer clear of needless rivalry at home too.
- Ignore the Small: Let them figure out the smaller fights, yet always be there to address the bigger issues so that they know you are there for them.
- Equal Treatment: Treating them equally does not mean doing the same thing for each of them. It means giving them equal time and attention with personalized treatment to suit varied temperaments. This will also give them a lot of individual confidence which eventually kills any feelings of rivalry.