Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya SavithriYour feedback matters!
Why does it happen whenever I go to my relatives house or party or nowhere I don't feel good as mera dimaag mere bf m lga rhta h bas mann krta h usk sth rhu koi aas pas na rahe kahi jaane ka mann ni krta kahi jao to aisa lgta h door hjaege even though mere ghr m he marriwh par I am nt al. Ol excited as mje kanpur jana h 2 days k liye but yai dimaag m h k door hjaege y this fear is dere our relationship is good I want to know what's the reason behind this?
I am a 26 years old boy, I am suffering from anxiety for last 4 years, symptoms are problems in breathing when getting fear, feeling pain in chest, uncomfortable, negative thoughts makes me disturbed all the day, sometimes fall in depression, what should I do for permanent relief?
Is Nuhenz is antidepressants. Is Nuhenz harmless. Can we take it for a month without any Doctor's prescription.
I'm 34year female my problem is high and low b/p are up and stress in my mind. Pain are so much in head please give me advice.
I m 47 years old. I m suffering from generalized anxiety disorder with depression. So I can't travel alone.
I have a hobby of smoking and drinking, what should I do to stop smoking and drinking, please suggest me as early as possible. Kindly request your.
Hi i am 20 years old boy height 5'7 weight 57 kg I have high negative vibes in any scenario is there were there is family isue regarding my girlfriend I always doubt her my studies I always masturbate thats a very bad thing please advice to how to build positive vibes and attitude and personality by this it is effecting my studies please help me guide me when ever girl is passing by or she is with me I feel like touching their body and staring their outfits coz of negative thoughts happening I want to stop this though I have a gf I feel shy I do not know how to deal with her if she will get to know i m like that she will dump me please help me I want to change my self my everything I want a human revolution please guide me doctor please.
Hello sir I am saleem's friend sir how can I solve my friend's problem and the problem is he has fail in exam and had gone in depression sir please tell me hiw can I get him confident.
I am 77 years old. I have led a healthy life. I was smoker but quit smoking 25 years back. I am a severe case of COPD For last 5 years. I am taking one puffs daily twice a day of Salmeterol.
I am suffering from sleeplessness Due to getting divorce they made me suffer like any thing. I am taking zolfresh 2.5 mg martiz 2.5 mg & depression for freshness 7.5 mg. I want stop taking these tables. Because I am getting married in December 2015. I am taking these tablets since 3 years. Now I could not concentrate much on any issues much. Now even my PhD in HR will get finished by next month. So I want to take ayurvedic. Now I am getting up morning 5 am for yoga, panic healing. Evening 1 hour walk. So please advice with some good ayurvedic medicines.
How to stop misconceptions which comes in the mind. And once It enters it gets very very much difficult to come out of that, I try to do different things even though I change my place after I get fed up of it then to where ever I go I remains in my mind and I feel very much depressed and not being able to do any work.
I am having memory lose and low memory so I can't remember some thing. So in exams my memory was emty.
I am a 54 years old man. I am suffering from anxiety. This anxiety makes me wake up 3 o' clock in the morning and I can not sleep back. The cause of this anxiety is due to my new business which is not doing good. If u advise me to do meditation, then what should be the meditation. Please help me.
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I'm 21, I'm using smartphone every time very addicted to phone which causes lonely, frustrated, anger, depression, obesity, headache, moody, lees concentration in study etc. Help me how to avoid using smartphone, I'm really addicted to this net.
White patches in tobacco smokers or chewers are generally pre - cancerous. Quit tobacco and prevent cancer !
Discussions and consideration of ailments begin and end with those which pertain to the physical health of an individual. Matters of the body are inevitably prioritized over the matters of the mind. However it goes without saying that your overall well-being is as much dependent on your mental health as it is on physical health. However, there are few simple measures which can be undertaken to beat the depression blues.
- Exercise: What works for the body may also work for the mind and exercise is a leading example of that. It is recommended that every day you set aside at least some time for exercising. It will not only benefit your physical constitution, but will also keep your thoughts away from the issues which are tormenting you in the first place.
- Converse: It is a given that depression alienates people, drowns them in solitude. However, seclusion is merely a temporary refuge, one that can hardly benefit you in the long run. Hard as it may be, try talking to people and engage in conversations with people. In the course of the conversation, try putting into words what exactly you are suffering from. Reaching out for an extended arm goes a long way in recuperating from this condition.
- Meditation: When you suffer from depression, you inevitably are, in the process, trying to grapple with plenty of tumultuous issues. It is imperative therefore that you find a way to calm your mind and there is no other way to do it than indulge in meditation.
- Find a confidante: When suffering from depression, it is crucial that you find yourself a confidante. It is important to talk to others but it is perhaps more important to find the right person. Irrespective of your relationship with him or her, by all means find a confidante in whom you can unflinchingly confide.
- Break monotony: Monotony not only triggers depression but in most cases, breeds it. It is important therefore than you break the monotony. If not a drastic change, go for small changes initially and try to change your daily routine as much as possible.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.