Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya SavithriYour feedback matters!
How to increase concentration in study, most of time I am unable to pay attention in study. My mind get diverted to other things like adult things etc. Please suggest me.
I lost somebody close last year and then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Sir I am on panazep 25 and quip SR 300at night and in morning I take panazep LS. I am getting better day by day. But I sometime fill my in very hurry to do anything. Even small things I want to complete in once. Determination in my mind increases too much that time. And on the same time I want get relax my self. I take time to relax my self what is this sir.
I am suffering from short temper , lots of anger and irritability, can I get rid of it by homeopathy or any other treatment?
I am suffering from cold fever since one week, please what medicine I should take because my semester is coming soon I have study.
I am suffering from social phobia ,bipolar disorder, ocd.I take pexep .lamosyn .arpizol .daxid .but smoke 1to2 cigarette daily so my question is can it decrease the effectiveness of medicine and increase my phobia .please help me out.
I like one girl but she do not give response to me, she ignores me. I spend lot of time waiting for her text. What to do?
Hello I m 27 year boy I m in love with a girl for 3 year I m very close to her. I m in one sided love with her. After she leaving me. I become very irritable now a days I become irritate in small small thing. I not live with my family. How can I change myself. This behavior make me very sad and lonely. Pls help me to came out from this situation.
I am a 15 years student studying who habe just gave the boards exam I used to study a lot so I never exercised and I have gained my weight. I just want to lose weight as fast as possible can you help me?
I am 30 years old I am going through a tough phase in work and family. No matter how many hours I give at work things do not fall in place in return it has taken my mental peace and its affecting my family life. Work related issue is for last one year.
Schizophrenia is a disease of the mind that is usually degenerative in nature. The complex disorder is generally characterized by symptoms, such as delusions, hallucinations (both auditory and visual) and disturbances in speech and is usually chronic in nature. The symptoms are not regular and can appear at any point of time. So it is highly possible that a person suffering from schizophrenia may sometimes bear resemblance to any other normal person and all of a sudden, might exhibit symptoms typical of Schizophrenia.
The causes of Schizophrenia include:
- Brain Dysfunction: Abnormalities in the cerebral cortex (the cerebrum’s outer covering that is vital in regulating consciousness) of the brain is the most common cause of this disorder. This is due to the presence of abnormally enlarged ventricles in that region. The decreased brain size owing to the enlarged ventricles is often related to the hallucinations and delusions experienced by schizophrenics.
- Genetic Factors: Studies have also stated ‘genetics’ to be an important cause behind this disorder. Closer the family ties, higher the risks of transmitting the disorder.
- Biochemical Factors: More than one neurotransmitter is being targeted by recent drugs to control schizophrenia.
Symptoms which most people do not experience normally, but are found in people diagnosed with schizophrenia are said to be positive symptoms. They are:
- Hallucinations: These are sensory experiences of things that do not exist outside the mind. Hallucinations usually manifest in the form of auditory or visual images.
- Delusions: Delusions on the other hand are false beliefs one has about oneself. Delusions are of 3 major types:
- Grandeur: Wherein the person imagines himself to be a famous personality
- Persecution: The belief that somebody somewhere is plotting against you and the whole world is going to get you.
- Control: The belief that a larger force, let’s say a witch, a demon or even a duck for that matter is controlling your actions.
These positive symptoms generally respond well to medications.
In addition to this, schizophrenics think and speak differently than the rest of the society. They jump from idea to idea, lose track of speech mid-way and often speak in fragmented and haphazardly joined sentences. They are, in fact, unable to fix their attention on anything in particular.
Examples of the most common negative symptoms include:
- The flat effect: The individual basically shows no facial expression and always has a flat emotionless mask on while staring into space. At times, they have inappropriate reactions to situations. Example - they might laugh at somebody's death and cry ad get angry when something good happens.
- Avolition: This condition occurs when the individual just sit for hours doing nothing as well as behaves in a way lacking any motivation or enthusiasm.