Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya SavithriYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir/madam. I am a 50 years old woman. TakP meds Telma 40 and medxl 50 due to sleeplessness and anxiety Psychiatrist wrote me D venizep 50 for ten days. I am taking it for two days now but due to it, s side effect like nausea tiredness I want to stop this meds Sir, Kindly let me know if I stop taking this drug after two days of use would have any adverse effect? Pls let me know Sir can I stop taking it?
Sir / Mam I am in tension meri shadi fix ho gayi hai. Dusre ladke ke sath. Meri verginity ko lekar bahut tension aya hai. 4 saal mera afair tha 4 saal me BF ke sath lot of sex hua hai. Meri vagina loose ho gayi hai. Mere hone wale husband ko kaise yakin dilau isse pehle maine kabhi sex nhi kiya. Vagina pahle jaise tight karne ke liye kya karu? Pls help me.
Sir my age is 23. I think I have anxiety disorder, I feel fear all the time, and my heartbeat is always fast, I do not know why I am feeling fear nd oll anxiety feelings. May be fear of sex and oll but I m. Always in tension and my heart beat is always beat fast whenever I feel fear or. anxiety. please help.
Hello. I am 38 years male. Weight 73 kgs. I go to gym 3 times a week. But I have a habit of smoking 15 to 20 ciggs and 60ml 4pegs daily. Mentally cant quiet so any alternate to reduce or medicine to quiet smoking and reduce alcohol ?
I am suffering from lack of memorizing day by day now my age is 30 years please help me how can I cure.
Hi, My SGPT is 94 and Cholesterol, Trig, HDL and LDL are 248, 273, 36 and 166. I need advice on what do I need to do to bring this parameters down. I am really concerned with this as I am a vegetarian and non alcoholic.
Sir I have problem of stammering. So I face lots of problem while talking with someone. So suggest me some medicine or exercise (if any) To reduce this. Plzzz sir.
I am 66 years old. Since last 11 years I am suffering depression problem The cause of my depression was my son After his MBBS study he went to USA for further study I can not say that I have tremendous affection for him and at the same time I was also ready to stop his career . At present my depression level is very low I have to take depression medicine every day in night My son and his wife are now well settled On 5th Feb. 2016 I became grand father My grand son name is VIHAN From 4th Feb. To 28 July I was at USA At present I am in India and freckly speaking I am quiet normal I have diverted my life toward spirituality and at present I am follower of Lord Swaminarayan My question is can I free from taking drugs.
I am a 22 year old person who has health anxiety problem since a year and I am. Very depressed. Can you please give me tips go tackle health anxiety?
While some people see tears as a sign of weakness, for others crying is a crucial way of dealing with grief. Though as children we’re told not to cry and to ‘keep a hold’ of our emotions, letting go of a few tears can help alleviate grief and emotional distress.
Here are a few reasons crying could be a good idea when dealing with loss.
- Crying can stimulate the release of endorphins: Crying cleanses the mind of negative emotions and allows you to express your emotions. Crying can be described as a reaction to pain and in order to control pain, the body releases endorphins. Endorphins are also known as happy hormones as they block the transmission of pain signals and create a sense of contentment. These chemicals can take a little time to have an effect and hence in most cases, you will notice an improvement in your mood after a good cry.
- Crying elevates the mood: Crying can help reduce your body’s manganese levels. A higher than normal manganese level can heighten anxiety, irritability, tiredness and emotional disturbances. By lowering manganese levels, the brain is left with enough space for happier emotions and hence crying can help elevate a person’s mood.
- Crying stimulates the body’s parasympathetic nervous system: The parasympathetic nervous system controls a number of functions including heart rate. Crying can stimulate this system and trigger a state of relaxation. For this reason, you may feel sleepy after crying. This gives your body time to relax and deal with the problem at hand with a calmer mind.
- Crying helps deal with stress: A stressful experience or emotional situation can cause a build-up of stress hormones known as cortisol. As the levels of cortisol increase in the body, it goes into flight or fight mode as an automatic response to stress. Crying reduces the cortisol levels and helps relieve tension and stress almost immediately.
- Crying is cathartic: Every day we are exposed to conflicts and stressful situations that can build up into resentments and leave a person feeling anxious and depressed. Sometimes, giving vent to emotions and crying can help release these pent-up feeling and heap cleanse the mind of these negative emotions. Crying also allows us to open ourselves up to the people around and can improve the levels of intimacy between them. In this way, it can help a person become part of a community. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.