Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya SavithriYour feedback matters!
Hi sir. Can you help me out? In my ct scan .Persistent cavum septum pellucidum of 8mm with cavum verge and cavum velum interpositium'. Can you tell me about this? Everything is normal other than this.
How to get a good concentration. Is there any ayurvedic medicine. How to use it. And in how many days I will get result.
When some talk about me or discuss anything about me on my back I became hot and angry. And I lost my sense.
I have been taking clonazepam 1 mg in the morning and .5 mg in the afternoon for a while now for anxiety. For a while now I have been so focused on my breathing to the extent where I get blurred and not able to focus. I have taken numerous test every thing is normal and also meds which did not do to well. Is it my mind playing tricks on me or anxiety. I spoke to a psychiatrist to no avail she told me continue taking the clonazepam. Can you advise please.
I have married on one month ago. But from day one my wife is not interested in sex. She is a working girl and our marriage is a love marriage. Appx. Five year in relaxation but before marriage we never made any physical relation. Please advice.
I suffered from full body nerve pain. .I am nt able to do work for lobg time. .what is the reason and treatment for this.
Name healthy vegetables with their suitable seasons best for brain mental and physical sharpness and growth.Please tell.
I always get negative thoughts. I try hard to stop but I can't. I am unable to work properly with this problem. Please help!
Hello doctor how r you. I am 15 years old girl now I am in 10th I always lose my concentration while studying pls suggest some home remedies to cure this plsss doctor.
I am very scared of driving on mountains/hills and also scared if someone else is driving. Also I am scared of flying. Though I know it's irrational and a phobia that I have but I am unable to travel to places I want to due to this fear. Is there any medication I can take for permanent resolution?
My son who is 13 years old and there is a problem with him is, he takes some time to speak the words. Pls advice what should I do to cure him. Can he speaks fluently in future.
How can be loss belly and chick fat? Is it necessary to gain health during winter? What are the best exercise to release tension?
I have severe anxiety issues .i get weird thoughts every time I go through a tough situation. Please help.
Can I have sex with my gf? We r in a relationship for 1 year happily. We are 18 years of age? Is it healthy for us?Please tell.
Hi Doctors, Actually I think I have anxiety problem. I feel anger in myself without reasons. I always think about a problem for many days. I am a guitarist and its important to play notes with confidence. But I can't. my hands starts vibrating. My lips too. I hate these things. Sir. I have lack of confidence in me. Or lack of focusing. Its been a long. So help please. We are middle class peoples. I haven't much money to consult privately.
I am preparing for JEE and it's a very crucial time to study hard for me but when ever I go to study I feel very lazy & for this whatever I study I can not grasp the concepts very well. As I am lagging in my studies I am getting very demotivated by thinking that the days are passing but I can not improve myself & for that I can not concentrate on my studies. Please help me .I want to get a good rank in JEE and really I want to improve myself.
Sleep is an activity where you do nothing, but rest. You relax your body and mind, you rest your bones and muscles and you rest your eyes after a long day of physical exertion. It is extremely necessary for you to get ample amount of sleep to stay healthy.
Otherwise there are various problems which you might have to face if you are lacking sleep:
- Elevates the risk of stroke: According to study, people who get less sleep are more prone to having strokes than those who get enough sleep. If you sleep for less than 6 hours every day, you multiply the risk of have a stroke four times than ordinary.
- Obesity: Lack of sleep can cause obesity. It usually forces you to take erratic food decisions, leading you to eat a lot of junk food. Less sleep administers certain hormonal changes which make you feel hungrier and believe that you haven’t eaten enough food. The production of the hormone ghrelin, which controls your hunger, increases due to less sleep. Hence, it may lead to obesity if you keep eating without keeping a check on what you eat.
- Increases the risk of diabetes: Sleep and the production of insulin are inversely related to each other. Among teenagers, the less you sleep; the more insulin resistant your body becomes. This means the body is not able to use the insulin effectively.
- Results in poor memory: Less sleep causes tiredness. When you are extremely tired, you are not able to focus on anything going on around you, you cannot concentrate on your work, and you get forgetful. In fact, consistent lack of sleep can even cause permanent loss of memory. This is because you are not being able to fully utilize the memory boosting ability of sleep. This eventually causes brain deterioration which results in permanent memory loss.
- Affects your heart: Lack of sleep can have an extremely negative impact on your heart. Less sleep also causes stress and strain to your body and mind. It results in an increased production of certain chemicals and hormones in the body which is harmful for your heart. According to a study in 2011, people who sleep less than 6 hours every day increase the risk of having heart problems by almost 48%.
It is not very healthy to sleep less as it can complicate your daily life activities. Sleep enough and stay healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.