Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay Kumar P KYour feedback matters!
Hi, Few month my hand became very dark my half hand from my elbow is dark. I want to recover my original color (Remove tan) how I could?
Hello Maine anus sex ki (monthly periods nahi tha) par sperm mere vegina pe gir gya kya mai sperm ko vegina pe girne se pregnant ho Sakti hu? Plzz help me.
I am suffering from whiteheads in last 7years I am follow good diet still whiteheads are come what I do?
I have test by blood in a lab and they reported that my lymphocyte level is low than normal. It only is 14% rather than normal value of 20-40%.and ESR is 40 mm/hr rather than 0-20 mm/hr. Now what to do? Whatafe the precautions and medicine I have to take to back my lymphocyte and esr to normal. Help please I am currently having boils for more than 2 months continuously one after another.
I was going for the trip than my skin is very damage my hands is white before that trip now my hands are loss the skin and than white spot on my hand so please suggest any cream that fast recovered my skin original color.
I have black spots on my face. I am so tired about that. please tell mi what can I do for this for remove all the black spots?
I have a fungal infection on my pubic area for about 2 years. What medication should I take to remove spots.
I am suffering from pimples. Because am writing this I don't know I am suffering a lot. In my head also. A big pimples comes and it will be there on 1 week after that I am likely to press that pimples and remove. Not only in my head. In my face also. Not so much 2,3 after that another will come over next side.
I have mild pain in groin, inner thighs and around penis. Sometimes I have itching and tightness in anus too. When I press lower abdomen groin n inner thighs I can feel something like wires inside. I already had a course of doxycycline for 10 days and blood n urine test were normal. Please suggest.
I used a chemical. Peel at home and it has burnt my face so could you suggest a remedy to my problem it has become dark n it burns.
Dear Sir, I am suffering from black spot on right leg from last three years, What to do? Please help me.
How to reduce suntan in hands and what are the tips to be follow to reduce suntan in hands and how tan is going to get in hands?
I have black spots and pimples in my face. I used scar removal cream for 4 month but didn't see any change what can I do?
Dear Sir Since last 2 months my eyebrows hairs and beards hairs are being disappearing from some parts. I visited a skin specialist last week and he asked me to only apply Tenovate cream 2 times a day for 3 month and then visit him. He neither gave any medicine nor any other treatment. He said that it would take more than 8 months to heal and get the hairs back. It feels very awkward when people asks about that. Kindly let me know what else can be done to treat the problem sooner. It looks very bad.
Exposure to the sun for a long period of time can result in several skin problems. They occur on the basis of heat, humidity and the rays of the sun. Here are the most common skin problems caused due to sun exposure:
- Sunburn: Sunburns occur as a result of overexposure of the skin to the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. Melanin in the skin protects it from the sun’s rays, but in case of overexposure, melanin fails to work and sunburn is caused. The symptoms of sunburn include the skin turning red, burning in the affected areas, skin tightness and a sensation of itching. Severe symptoms are blisters, chills, fever and fatigue.
- Age spots: Age spots are caused due to overexposure to the sun. They are brown marks, which appear on the surface of the skin, especially in the arms, hands and other body parts. Age spots get more prevalent with ageing. Symptoms of this condition include brown and gray pigmentation on the skin surface. The pigmentation occurs in a circular shape and is flat on the skin.
- Photosensitivity: This condition is also known as sun allergy. People with photosensitivity are likely to get burned from sun exposure very easily, and symptoms of sunburn are observed. Symptoms include red and pink skin rashes accompanied by itching and burning. The area gets scaly and blistered.
- Moles: Moles occur commonly due to sun exposure. They may appear on any part of the body. Moles may vary from being harmless to cancerous. Common symptoms include raised skin and the skin tone changing into reddish brown or black. Moles are round in shape, and some moles are painful.
- Solar elastosis: This condition is commonly known wrinkles and occurs when the elastic tissues of the skin get deteriorated due to sun exposure. The skin turns limp on account of no strength of the tissues and collagen. Wrinkles appear, and the skin seems loose and sagging. Deep lines are formed on the skin.
- Skin cancer: Skin cancer accounts for being the most severe and fatal result of prolonged exposure to the sun without any kind of protection. There are many forms of skin cancer. The most primary skin cancers include Melanoma, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma.
- Polymorphous light eruption: This condition, known as PMLE in short, affects women between the age group of twenty to forty. It also occurs in light sensitive people who spend more time under the sun. Symptoms include a red or pink, bumpy rash and raised areas on the skin surface. Itchiness and dry patches are indicated.
A large number of skin problems occur due to long hours of sun exposure. Some of these are chronic problems, which require proper treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.