Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. VaralakshmiYour feedback matters!
♧Do not wash your hair with too much hot water.
♧If you use any shampoo, use only an ORGANIC shampoo or conditioner.
♧ Do not comb the hair backwards. Use a good quality brush or comb. Avoid excessive brushing.
♧Massage the scalp vigorously for 10 to 15 minutes (until you start to feel hot there) after bathing it with water. This stimulates the blood circulation and strengthens the hair follicles in the scalp and prevent hair loss.
♧Coconut oil and castor are very good for hair.
♧Boil dry pieces of amla (Indian goose berry) in coconut oil and apply on hair for hair loss prevention.
My wife has not got in period since 2 month. I have checked pregnancy test two time. It resulted negative. Is there any problem?
My wife had done 3 times operations because of multiple fibroid in uterus but no children's (married 3 years done). Doctors says repeated operations please suggest.
Hi, alhua is my wife and we had unprotected sex while she was in her periods, she has stopped bleeding and it happened on 5th day unfortunately the protection didn't play it role properly, and so I'm worried about her getting pregnant, what should we do,
I have recently married .First night to I have some problem my vagina .The problem is berth uren time .after toilet I have pain and suffering from sensitive. please suggest me.
Mis period for more than ten days after taking unwanted 72. Pregnancy test negative. What to do. Pls guide.
Sir Ek ladki 15 year ki uski CT scan bhi normal mind ke test bhi normal breast ka xray bhi normal h. Usko saas lene me problem hoti h. Usko kai baar jhatke aate h jisme uske hath par marne lgti h saas muskil se aata hai breast se pain start hota h usko 2mg ki nind bechani dur krne ki dwai jibh niche rkhni pdti hai phr wo thik ho jati h. Uski bimari smjh ni aapa rhi hai, please help. Thnx.
It’s that time of the year again! So, Diwali comes knocking on your door every year bringing with it deliciously sinful desserts and sweetmeats. Yes, it’s the holiday season, and it surely is the time to indulge and let loose a little bit. But that doesn’t mean you allow the extra inches to add on to your waistline. This Diwali, you can enjoy 3 lip-smacking festive sweets without going on a guilt trip.
1. Oats and Nuts Laddoo:
So why not give a healthy spin to Diwali celebrations this year? Choose oats and nuts laddoo over the traditional motichoor ghee ke laddoo. These laddoos are enriched with oats, figs, almonds, walnuts, pistachios and flaxseeds. Oats are good for the diabetic; walnuts for the skin; almonds for the brain; pistachios for the heart; and flaxseed prevents cancer. So go ahead and indulge in this nutritious delight.
2. Corn Kheer:
As unusual as it sounds, it’s actually healthier than your regular rice or seviyan soaked in sugary fattening milk. Corn kheer is cooked in low fat milk with a healthy dose of dry fruits, cinnamon and saffron. Corn is a natural antioxidant and a great source of fibre. Plus, studies show that it can reduce the risk of haemorrhoids and colorectal cancer, and even protects your heart. Great for diabetics and the health conscious, it lowers LDL cholesterol and hypertension. Milk as you know is a rich source of calcium and vitamin D, which are good for your bones. Add saffron for purifying your blood and cinnamon for a healthy stomach, and you have a wholesome sweet that you can enjoy guilt-free.
3. Badaam Ki Barfi:
Probably the best way to feast on a festive traditional delight without feeling that you’re cheating on your daily health code. Badaam ki barfi is Diwali dessert at its best, and surprisingly it is healthier than the lot of sweets out there too! Almonds, which are fortified with generous amounts of copper, vitamin E, magnesium and protein, are particularly good for your brain and your heart. They help in preventing cardiovascular disease and are great for healthy cognitive functioning. Besides who doesn’t need a little dose of sugar now and then to maintain a healthy calorie count?
This Diwali, enjoy to the fullest in a healthier way without the burden of guilt of self-indulgence hanging on your head.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Pregnancy is a time when your body undergoes a plethora of changes, both emotionally and physically. In such a situation, an acute liver failure only triggers further complications, threatening to affect both the mother and the fetus. The ambit of liver diseases range from mild complications to those that can be life threatening. Acute liver failure or ALF, as it is commonly known as in medical parlance is a condition which is caused when then there is a sudden impairment of the ability of the blood to clot. In spite of the erratic nature of the ailment and its ability to affect anybody with a complete disregard of the individual's pre-existing history of liver problems, there are certain causes that are said to propel it. Some of them are:
- Eclampsia with liver infraction: This is an extremely rare condition. Generally, eclampsia refers to the occurrence of convulsions in pregnant women, mostly in those who suffer from high blood pressure. Those women who suffer from eclampsia along with liver infraction are more susceptible to have a liver failure.
- Hepatic rupture: Much like eclampsia, hepatic rupture is also caused in women who have high blood pressure. This heightens the risk of an impending liver failure in pregnant women.
- Fatty liver: Sometimes excess of fat develops in the liver deterring its functioning. This is not only detrimental to your health but also poses a great danger in triggering a liver failure.
In spite of these, there have been multiple treatments which have developed to manage and curb it. Some of them are:
- Remedial measure for coagulation: The inability of blood to clot blood is known as coagulation which is extremely fatal and one of the primary causes that leads to liver failure. Therefore timely and potent intervention of medicine is important to prevent that and in turn diminish the possibility of liver failure.
- Volume replacement: Volume replacement refers to the condition where fluids are resuscitated or replenished into the body, those that were lost but at the same time are mandatory for the proper functioning of the body.
Dr. I want to know about menopause. My age is 44. I am facing health problem such as chest pain headache uneasyness.
Mujhe hormone imbalance ho rahe he age 26 years hai is liye face mein bahut pimples aa raha he mein kya karu or pcos ka bhi problem he.
As the mercury levels soar higher, it is time to get creative to keep yourself cool this summer. To keep yourself hydrated and active, you can include fresh seasonal fruits in your daily diet.
Here are some nutritious and refreshing fruits that help you in fighting the effects of the hot summer and health problems that accompany them:
1. Melons - Watermelon has high water content that helps you to stay hydrated and refreshed during summer. Melons contain lycopene that helps in protecting the skin against sun damage. Muskmelon is another healthy summer fruit that helps to improve the body's immunity as it is rich in potassium, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin C.
2. Oranges - A juicy orange is a perfect thirst quencher in the summer season. Orange is rich in all varieties of vitamins except vitamin K. Oranges contain a large amount of vitamin C, folate, and thiamin that provide natural protection against the harmful UV rays, help in increasing the production of red blood cells in your body and also reduce stress level. They also help in curing muscle pains and cramps. Beta-carotene, lutein, and cryptoxanthin are present in oranges that help to keep away infections and cancer and also protect the eye from macular degeneration.
3. Mango - Rightly called the king of fruits, mango is loaded with high amounts of selenium, iron, and fiber. It is also an outstanding source of vitamins C, vitamin A and minerals like phosphorus, calcium, and potassium. The cholesterol levels in the body are lowered by high levels of vitamin C, fiber, and pectin. The potassium content of the fruit helps in controlling high blood pressure and heart rate. The fruit also has properties that help in boosting your immunity.
4. Papaya - Papaya is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, and phytochemicals. These have anti-cancerous, anti-bacterial and anti-stress properties. Papain is an enzyme found in this fruit, which helps in curing ingestion and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The antioxidants present in papaya help in slowing down the ageing process in women, provide a fresh glow to the skin and help in weight loss.
5. Grapes - Grapes help in losing weight by reducing the capacity of the cells to store more fat. Grapes also help in protecting the body against the damaging effects of radiation, cleansing your blood, preventing degenerative nerve disease and boosting cardiovascular health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Fresh Fruits Vs. Dry Fruits