Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VaralakshmiYour feedback matters!
Hai sir / madam my wife is 6 weeks pregnant can we participate in sex normally. Upto which month we participate in sex? Please advise me.
Hi, I am 26 years old lady and my husband's age is 28. We both are working in IT firms. I want to know about what would be the right time to plan a baby. We got married in july 2014. We wish to plan it in End of 2018. Would it be too late or is there any chances for complication because of age. I am getting my periods regularly (usually in 28 days and my cycle mainly remain for 3-4 days) My first period time was when I was in 8th standard. So is there any thing like as I got my periods early I should plan baby early? regards, Shruti.
I am 29 years old. Married since 7 years and trying to conceive, I am overweight for long time and unable to reduce much. Let me know if I've or iui is successful for obese.
Hi. I'm Padma. 24 years old. Trying to conceive for a year. This cycle I took Clomid with NAC. On cycle day 13, the follicle was upto 16x19 mm. Took HCG injection. On cycle day 16 it ruptured. LMP Feb 16, 2017. Cycle length 31. This month periods due date is between 16 March and 18 March. Every month I notice white discharge before periods. This month I felt difference in it. Noticed thick milky white cream like discharge. Is it early pregnancy sign? Or I'll get my periods? Is there any chance of pregnancy even after heavy discharge? Please help me.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.
There are many reasons why the problem of infertility occurs in many humans. Few of the main reasons of this are the inability of male partner to produce sperms and inability of the fertilized egg to get rooted in the uterus. It is in such conditions that the procedure of artificial insemination is carried out to infuse the sperm into the uterus of the female.
Steps Involved in Artificial Insemination-
There are certain steps that need to be followed before you get pregnant if you are planning on artificial insemination, and that would be of great use in providing an economically safe pregnancy. Artificial insemination is a technique that is of great use to couples who cannot get pregnant. The procedure is simple, but it has its own side-effects. It is a commonly used procedure and which is less expensive than other treatment options for infertility. The success rate of this procedure is about 86%, and a couple needs to make a few attempts to get pregnant.
Need for Artificial Insemination-
The effectiveness of the artificial insemination process plays a vital role for the women having fertility issues, especially while selecting the treatment. Many couples prefer the procedure of Intrauterine Insemination when fertility medicines do not work effectively. The procedure of artificial insemination which is a reproduction technique comprises of introducing the semen into the vagina, uterus, or cervix of a woman without sexual intercourse.
The artificial insemination procedure is made use not only in humans but even for breeding in animals. Sometimes the procedure is done if a woman has a condition called endometriosis or in other words, abnormality in her reproductive organs. The method is also suggested by the Doctors when the real reason for infertility cannot be identified.
Why Artificial Insemination?
The procedure is a great benefit for a woman who is single and desires to have children. The best part is that during the artificial insemination, the sperm used during the treatment is tested for any genetic disorder. This way, it reduces the chance of any disorder being transmitted to the child from a parent. The procedure is much cheaper than natural reproduction, and the main benefit of artificial insemination is that desirable characteristics of the parent are passed on quickly to the child.
Overall, the benefits of this procedure are that it is very effective and prevents any genetic disorder in the child, and the cost of the procedure is comparatively lesser.
Do I get any std or STI or HIV or AIDS? Last 10 days before a transgender done a blow job for me. And I am only received that. And before this itself I have a low immune power. Do I need to undergo any test? If yes means what test I need to do and where in chennai and what's the cost of the test? Please kindly give me a brief answer because I was worrying about this for past 10 days and this is the first time I did and I won't do this anymore please.
Hello I am 20 years old suffering from PCOD. Due to which a small lump has occurred beneath my left breast. Dr. says it is a fibroma and not a cancer lump still I face chest pain regularly. please suggest me some do's & do not's to get rid of these problem.
Hello Dr. I am having unprotected sex from 3-4 moths with my wife planning for baby. But she is not getting pregnant. Please suggest.
During menopause, estrogen production slows and then stops. There are a number of changes, which occur in your body during this time. Periods become irregular and then stop. You may have hot flashes, mood swings, a deeper voice and an increase in facial hair. Vaginal dryness is another common symptom of menopause. It becomes even more common after menopause. Vaginal dryness also can occur at any age from a number of different causes. It may seem like just a minor irritation; however, it can be a major problem when it comes to your sex life. Here is everything you need to know about vaginal dryness:
What causes vaginal dryness in women
Even though menopause is the most common cause of vaginal dryness, it can happen at any age and there are various causes of vaginal dryness as well. Here they are;
- Childbirth and Breastfeeding: Childbirth as well as breastfeeding result in lower levels of estrogen and this can lead to vaginal dryness.
- Sjogrens Syndrome: This is an autoimmune disorder in which your immune system attacks the moisture producing cells in your body.
- Douching: Douching is a common practice done by women wherein, they wash their vagina using water and vinegar, knowing little that it can actually cause dryness.
As mentioned earlier, vaginal dryness is caused by a lack of estrogen. Here are some of the ways that estrogen is supplied to your body;
- Vaginal Estrogen Ring: This is a ring inserted into your vagina, which releases a steady stream of estrogen into your vaginal tissues. It needs a replacement, generally after three months.
- Vaginal Estrogen Tablet: A special device called an applicator is used to insert an estrogen tablet into your vagina.
- Vaginal Estrogen Cream: This also needs to be inserted through an applicator. It will be applied daily for the first two weeks after which, it will be applied one to three times a week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.