Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V.ChandrashekarYour feedback matters!
My child 7 month old Suffering from cough and cold Ascoril LS plus good for him? As suggested by doctor.
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
We have a 6 month girl baby with cranial vault height little high, searching for some physiotherapy exercises to correct the shape.
My baby is in teething period 9 months old, is loose motion common in teething period? Daily 4-5 times he will do loose motion. Please ans doctor.
Good Morning Doctor, It's about my 4 1/2 year old son. He is suffering from high fever and even after giving calpol .the fever is not going down. Yesterday he has fever so gave him a dose of Calpol at 7 o'clock in the evening, again one dose of Calpol at 1 am .later he complained about stomach ache so I have given one dose of nomet. At 4 am he passed semisolid stools. Neither fever nor stomach ache is going down. Around 6 am given another dose of Calpol which he vomits and passed again semisolid stools. I prefer a complete checkup for my son as he wasn't feeling well from past couple of weeks. I already consulted a doctor two weeks ago and my son has completed the course of normet and zinconia and later given a dose of zentel to deworm him. Could you advice on the same because it's written that for Calpol. Need to maintain 4 hour interval. And he is suffering from diarrhea .for this normet is ok? Kindly advice. Many thanks.
Hi Doctor, I have confusion regarding which vaccines to purchase for my baby for his 10 weeks vaccination schedule. Please confirm if the below vaccines are effective and good to be taken for DPT, Hib,Hep B, PCV, IPV and Rota? 1. pentavac or Easyfive TT or Quinvaxem? 2. Imovax for IPV? 3. Synflorix for PCV? 4. Rotavac for Rotavirus? Also, our pediatric skipped the 4th week IPV dose saying it was short. Will it incurr any issues or the OPV can substitute IPV?
Yellow sticky discharge coming from left eye of my 50 days old baby. What is the reason for it? What to do for it?
I have a baby boy & he is 2 months old. He is having trouble breathing & have cough. He make noise like whistle during breathing. I have consulted few doctor, one of them said its just due to cold & he gave medicine accordingly it did worked for few days, but he still do cough some time & started that noise again. On the other hand another doctor said he might have asthma problem & medicine he gave had no effect on him. & my wife too have asthma from last 3 year is it going to be a problem.
My baby is 5 and half months old. He is having green hard stool since couple of days. But seems normal, his diet is normal n he is. playful. His diet include breastfeeding, lactogene formula 1 n some liquid form like apple juice banana mixed with lactogene and rice and tur dal water. Is this normal having green stool? Or what would be the reason for this?
My baby gal hav to take 6 weeks vaccination as follows Opv1/opv1+ipv1 Dtwp1/dtap1 Hib1 hepatitis b2 Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine1 Rotavirus1 I want to know painless vaccine and its cost and normal cost also. Regards.
My cousin 16 years old and he is diagnosed hbsag reactive and sgpt lvl is 270, hbsag serum patient value is 1661.94 and hbv viral load by TAQ MAN is 101000000. So we need your valuable advice in this regard. Please advice us what should I do?
My baby is 2 month old. She is not sleeping at night. Sleep at days. For that can I give her triclofos oral solution ip?
Meri beti hai 5 year ki use night me potty ke raste me pain hota hai maine use gastroentrology doctor ko bhi dikhaya lekin unhone kaha koi bhi problem nahi hai lekin use daily pain hota hai please mujhe koi medicine bataye jisse uska dard kam ho jaye ya fir usko neend aa jaye thankyou.
What is fibrosis apities both side and what is its treatment. Please give brief answer for the treatment.
I am a mother of an 11 month old baby. My LMP was 19 march it got over on 21 march. I have had an I-pill on 23 march. However, on 30 march I have my menses again. Is it normal or should I go for further consultation?
Good evening doctor. My baby is turning 4 months on this Sunday, the 22nd. All vaccines have been given as per schedule viz. Rotavirus, IPV etc. However, kindly advise on the pneumococcal vaccine. Doctor informed us that its a dose of 3 injections and an optional one and not a mandatory one. Please guide us and oblige. Will there be any adverse effects if not taken? Regards.
Children are found to be more prone to falling sick than adults. This is not only due to their lower immunity, but also the carelessness of the elders around. Since it is not expected of children to take precautions, it is up to the parents to take care of that. The following is a list of ways to protect your child from one of the most common kinds of illness encountered by children lung infection.
- Avoiding smoking in front of children: It is a well established fact that passive smoking or being in proximity to a smoker is almost as harmful as smoking itself. Parents who smoke in the presence of their children are putting the latter at the risk of lung infections and various serious lung conditions. Thus, children should be kept away from tobacco smoke as much as possible.
- Limited use of mosquito repellents near children: Mosquito repellents have been known to cause asthmatic attacks in small children. The liquidators and the mosquito coils contain chemicals which should not be inhaled, especially by children.
- Avoiding air pollution: Air pollution causes irreparable damage to the lungs of children. Harmful gases and smoke from vehicles can lead to asthma, or even lung cancer, in children. To avoid this as much as possible, children should be made to wear pollution masks, especially while travelling through busy streets with heavy traffic.
- Avoiding objects which can cause allergic reactions or act as triggers: The triggers vary from one child to another and for some, there might not be any trigger at all. However, it is the responsibility of the parents to keep the children away from things, which might cause allergic reactions. Examples of such objects are, certain fabrics, fur of animals, incense sticks, perfumes, talcum powder, citrus food, peanut, pollen, flowers, dust, fumes and so on.
- Teaching them personal hygiene: Teaching children to carry handkerchiefs, cover their mouths while coughing or sneezing, washing their hands properly, and other good hygiene habits, can combat lung infections to a great extent, as these help prevent the spread of germs.
- Timely vaccinations: Proper vaccination acts as a precautionary measure for lung infections in children. Thus, parents should get their children vaccinated after consulting the respective physician.