Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V.ChandrashekarYour feedback matters!
I want to adopt a child and feed my breast without getting pregnant, is there any medicine or any process. please suggest.
My cousin (child) just only 22 days, it cry many times, I thought that it has a gas problem,, I hope you will understand better, what can I do??
My wife is unable to feed breast milk . Baby not sucjing the nipple so using breast pump to feed and also giving lactogen 1 .baby is 10 days old . Please advise if lactogen 1 can be given and also safe method to feed breast milk incase baby is not taking directly from breast. Baby's weight at the time of birth is 3.25 kg Amit.
Chronic hyperglycemia is captured by A1c but not by FPG (even when repeated twice).
Microangiopathic complications (retinopathy) are associated with A1c as strongly as with FPG.
A1c is better related to cardiovascular disease than FPG.
Fasting is not needed for A1c assessment.
No acute perturbations (e.G, stress, diet, exercise, smoking) affect A1c.
A1c has a greater preanalytical stability than blood glucose.
A1c has an analytical variability not inferior to blood glucose.
Standardization of A1c assay is not inferior to blood glucose assay.
Biological variability of A1C is lower than FPG and 2-h OGTT PG.
Individual susceptibility to protein glycation might be caught by A1c.
A1c can be used concomitantly for diagnosing and initiating diabetes monitoring
Natural history of T2DM in Asia
Diabetes is a global epidemic which is out of control, but worse in Asian countries.
It is a huge and growing problem and costs to the society are high and escalating.
Five countries from Asia figure in the top 10 and account for most cases of diabetes globally.
Asian countries share similar risk factors.
There is an association between economic growth and diabetes.
Rapid urbanization and modernization obesogenic environment i.E. Physical inactivity, psychosocial stress and abundance of food
Asians are prone to developing diabetes at a lower level of obesity.
Diabetes has the potential to negatively impact economy and may bankrupt healthcare systems.
Cost effective interventions in healthy living and diet decrease the burden of diabetes and save on healthcare costs and lost productivity.
There has been a dramatic rise in the number of diabetic population in Korea: economic growth, greater exposure to risk factors (lifestyle and diet), demographic changes (childhood obesity, aging population).
Hypertriglyceridemia: The most difficult lipid disorder to evaluate and treat
Hypertriglyceridemia is the most difficult lipid disorder to evaluate and treat. Hypertriglyceridemic disorder in adults is not a single gene. We do not know if TGs by themselves are an atherogenic risk or is it because of the company they keep.
The intra-individual biological variability (diurnal and monthly) of lipids make it more difficult to define hypertriglyceridemia.
TGs are inversely associated with HDL-C, if high HDL-C levels, almost always TGs are low.
Dietary treatment of severe hypertriglyceridemia: <5%, no alcohol, discontinue all TG-lowering drugs, monitor TG q 3 days until levels are below 1000, then restart treatment.
Fibrates do not reduce the CHD events in high risk patient groups. What impact hypertriglyceridemia has on CHD outcomes is not yet clear.
Lower fasting TG to less than 500 mg/dL; this will reduce the risk of pancreatitis.
Follow the current guideline recommendations to lower LDL-C.
The real value of Apo-B is in patients who do not have raised LDL-C (<100 mg/dL). In such patients it can be very informative and should be taken as an indicator of CVD risk.
Plasma apoB and the other cholesterol indexes are complementary rather than competitive indexes of atherosclerotic risk (Am J Cardiol. 2003 May 15;91(10):1173).
Baseline TGs are determinants of the response to bezafibrate (BIP trial).
Omega-3 fatty acids are beneficial in reducing CV risk (JELIS; Lancet 2007), especially in patients with high TG and low HDL-C (Atherosclerosis. 2008).
If fasting TG is >200 mg/dL and HDL-C <35 mg/dL, consider a fibrate or omega-3 fatty acid.
Hello doctor. My daughter is 2 month old. She is very crying. And not sleep well in night. What the reason? How to stop crying? Pls tell me.
My daughter is now 2 Years old, but her weight is 9.5kg. Is it normal? And now she does not want to eat food properly. So in this moment what I have to do?
My baby is 3 month old. I have started weaning him. I give him powdered biscuits mixed in water. Wat food cn I give him ? Cm I go him fruits mashed or blended.
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.
No matter how much time you spend researching on how to take care of your newborn, once your child is delivered, the first few weeks will leave you frantic and overwhelmed. However, there are a few tips which new parents must keep in mind.
Handling a newborn:
- Since babies have a weak immune system and are susceptible to infections, it is of paramount importance that anyone who handles your child has clean and sanitized hands.
- You also need to be careful about always supporting and cradling your child's head and neck since the muscles in his or her neck are weak at birth, and babies only develop head control after six months.
- Never shake your newborn baby whether playfully or out of frustration. Shaking the baby can cause bleeding in the brain or in severe cases, death. Tickle your child's feet to wake him or her up.
- Not only is it important to make sure that your baby is fastened securely in the car seat, stroller or carrier, you must also restrain from activities which may be bouncy or rough.
Firstly, you must decide whether you want disposable or cloth diapers for your infant. Babies go through at least ten diapers a day (irrespective of whether they are cloth or disposable). While diapering, you must keep in mind to not leave your baby unattended on the changing tables. So get all the supplies such as clean diaper, diaper ointment (in case of rash), fasteners, diaper wipes and warm water, before changing his or her diaper.
Newborn babies need to be given a sponge bath with warm water and very little soap till the navel and/or the circumcision heals completely. This can take about one to four weeks. After being healed, the baby should be bathed twice or thrice a week since frequent bathing may damage the baby's skin.
Breastfeeding and Burping:
Doctors recommend feeding the baby on demand i.e. whenever your baby is hungry. Crying, putting fingers in the mouth, or making sucking noises convey that the baby is hungry. A newborn baby needs to be fed every couple of hours.
Burping is important so that the air consumed during the feedings can be let out since it makes the baby fussy. Patting or rubbing a baby's back usually helps them to burp or pass gas.
Related Tip: "Viral Fever In New Born Babies"
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Hi sir I have a 4 month old daughter who is suffering from hydrocephalus what are the treatment and where it possible.
My baby is 5 and half months old. She consume only my breastfeed and two spoons of nestum rise. Her weight is also less that is 4, 600 kg. What shall I do to increasing her weight.
Colicky babies frequently draw up their knees up to the stomach and cry out, as if in pain or bend their back in the shape of an arch, clenching wrists hard
Colic cry: Too much irritability, excessive crying which tends to peak towards the evening, painful cry that is difficult to console. They may wake up abruptly and start crying
Always BURP the baby after every feed for 5-10min. Put them on shoulder in such a way that tummy presses on your shoulder, with your help, give a massage in a circular motion on the baby’s back with intermittent pressure and pat from in an upwards fashion
Warm water against belly: Fill a bottle with lukewarm water and wrap it in a towel. Give a gentle massage with it on the belly
Gentle massage: During body massage at the time of bath, apply oil on the tummy, and give a clockwise massage 3 times around the abdomen. Once done, flex the hips and gently press against abdomen, to release any gas accumulated
Make them lie on tummy across your lap and gently apply pressure on their back. (Clockwise movements upwards and then pat upwards)
You could also make the baby lie on their tummy across your tummy, in such a way that the baby’s tummy presses on yours and gently massage on their back
Rocking soothes babies: Hug them close to your chest and your heartbeat. Try gently bouncing up and down in this position while hugging your baby close
Avoid cows milk: Cows milk can be given, once the baby completes 1 year
Offer pacifier or allow baby to suck on her finger by gently putting it in the baby’s mouth
Bottle fed baby has tendency to get colic: Initially dilute the feed and try to increase the amount slowly
Nursing mums should avoid over spicy food, coffee, alcohol etc. Also avoid irregular feed timings. Try to reduce egg and fish in the nursing mother’s diet. Check out your daily food and correlate with baby’s colic. Choose your diet accordingly
Six S’s to be thought off:
2) Shooshing loudly in baby’s ear (similar to sound of running water, working vacuum, etc.)
3) Side laying
4) Stomach across forearm or lap
5) Swinging or rocking baby
6) Sucking Pacifier
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT GIVE ANY PAIN KILLERS OR ANTISPASMODICS to colic babies.
SCOPE OF HOMOEOPATHY
Homoeopathy prescribes on symptoms in each individual case rather than on a general basis
Homoeopathy has excellent remedies for colic babies, which also helps in curing conditions such as assimilation and indigestion
It helps to improve the immature digestive system.
Totally free of side-effects
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT GIVE ANY PAIN KILLERS OR ANTISPASMODICS to colic babies.
For queries feel free to send me private message.