Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V.ChandrashekarYour feedback matters!
Hi, My daughter is three months old. We found poop in her stool from last 03 days and from yesterday she toilets 07 time and out of 07 we found 06 times poop in her toilet. I want to know is poop normal in little babies? It is in white color. Please reply soon we are afraid of this.
My son is 5 yes old he had viral fever last week but his fever was not down so my family doctor was giving him lumerax 40 12hrly but he was not not fine with that but now he is having abnormality in walking he cannot stand please help me.
My 4 years old daughter often becomes angry when she doesn't get her desired things and then she shouts, hits everyone and takes time (near about 30-40 min) to come in normal situation. She is very sensitive in nature and close to her mother. But when she's angry even mother can not control her. We are both working parents and she stays in creche after school.
HiMy baby is diagnosed before birth for having Long QT, but after birth her pulse rate was recorded fine every time. She is born of 20 October 2015, not even a month old now, so had only three checkups as of now. Doctors are asking to get EKG/ECG done for make sure if She has Long QT or not. What do you suggest?
My daughter studying in grade 1 is not going to school. She tells that she fears of omitting in school and she get bored to have 5 hrs in school? Is any homeopathic or allopathic medicine so that creating interest to go to school? Or any other solution?
I have adopted a new born child which is of 21 days today due to winter season the baby is suffering from colds problem what should be done to get relief from cold? I am using three medicine for that Nazodrop, Flucold AF, Althrocin drops.
Sleep is the most important aspect for a healthy beign, but for kids it is of utmost priority. Lack of sleep can often have a negative impact on the brain funtioning of kids along with accidents. Listed below are the major sleep disorders in children along with their causative factors:
1. Sleepwalking: It is not uncommon for children under the age of 10 to sleep walk. Despite being harmless on its own, the effects of sleep walking can be dangerous such as stepping outdoors or hurting themselves during sleep. If the child runs into objects while sleep walking, they might wake up and hence further worsen the situation.
2. Nightmares: They might be general or result from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Nightmares, if frequent, can make falling asleep a tedious task. Nightmares in children are common and they usually begin to reduce in frequency by 9 years of age.
3. Obstructive sleep apnea: Snoring might be the result of improper respiration while sleeping and while it isn’t a cause of worry, regular snoring might lead to insufficient oxygen during sleep, thus making shut eye a challenge. It might be hereditary or the result of a deviated nasal septum or blocked nose. The snoring might hamper the quality of sleep.
4. Bedwetting: This is something most children experience, but usually grow out of by the time they turn six. It doesn’t need to be a cause of concern unless the frequency doesn’t reduce over time and more than two instances of bedwetting take place in a week.
5. Insomnia in children: It can be due to a host of factors and coping with changes to their normal lifestyle is one of the biggest triggers. Mental disorders such as anxiety and stress due to a variety of reasons (like the death of a loved one) may also be the cause of distress and lead to troubled or incomplete sleep.
6. Excessive daytime sleepiness: Excess naps throughout the day, always feeling lethargic or experiencing trouble waking up in the morning may be symptomatic of EDS. It isn’t uncommon in adults either wherein despite apparent proper sleep; energy levels seem to be low throughout the day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My daughter is 5 yrs, but dsnt eat any vegetable. Only tks daal n curd with paratha. She has a weak immune n alys suffer from cold n complains too about having pain in legs n hands. Please suggest what to do.
Admitted and discharged with pneumonia,urine infection,fluid still swells the leg repeatedly with pain from ankle to weist,77yrs male,more platelet counts also which is getting monitored through med,since 2months,follow up with dr done,no proper result,pl suggest,no more insurence.
My baby is 2nd half mnth old. Her sleeping pattern is difficult. 2days she can sleep well nd another 2 days she nt sleep well like whole day she take slip only 1 or 2 hr ... Only after taking breastfeed ..Nd 10 min sleep like that... What was the reason behind that??? How can i support my baby for deep sleep
I have a baby boy he was not eating any thing in a day he was able to eat only a three bites from a food what ever will give to him, please help me out from this situation,
Hi mera baby teeth nikal ra hai kya kru. Wo teeth ko kafi beechta hai. Cut bhi karta hai cheezo ko. Help me please . Kya dawa du.
Sir my sister is suffering from ringworm since 2 months. She has 4 months baby recently we have found allergy at 2areas on stomach of baby. So my question is does the skin allergy will spread to baby via milk feeding from mother? Please answer in detail sir thank you.
It has been seen that children absolutely resist taking medicines, especially the conventional kind that may not agree with their sweet craving taste buds. Yet, the sweet pellets of Homeopathic medicines appeal to many children. Also, these drugs are safe and they make use of the body’s defences when it comes to fighting and treating ailments. Read on to know more about improving your child’s health with the help of homeopathy.
Treating Infant Problems: Homeopathic drugs are known to treat a number of infant related ailments like teething and the aches and pains caused by the same, as well as colic and other ailments like ear ache. These drugs are usually quick and effective when it comes to removing the discomfort that the child may be experiencing which can keep the child from turning cranky. These medicines can be used to treat acute and sudden problems as well as long term issues that seem to reoccur often.
Side Effects: One of the most common benefits of Homeopathic drugs includes the lack of side effects for children and adults alike. This quality is especially helpful for children. Let us understand why. The side effects of many conventional medicines may have a direct or indirect bearing on the growth as well as the development of the child’s immunity. With Homeopathy, the child is at no such risk. With its complete lack of side effects, these kinds of medicines ensure that the child’s growth, development and immunity do not suffer. In fact, these medicines are completely safe and are known to use resources from within the body rather than impairing such resources with an intense effect.
Response: Children are known to respond to very well to Homeopathic remedies because their bodies are still not used to the intensity of conventional medication, which makes them more receptive in general.
Various Homeopathic Medicines for Children: Aconite is one of the most widely used Homeopathic drugs that is used for treating sudden ailments like fever, fright, shock and cough or cold, as well. Arnica can also be used for various injuries. Belladona is best used for fever and persistent crying or fretfulness. Borax can be used to cure various digestive upsets. Calendula is also used to treat minor abrasions as well as sun burns as well as scalds and wounds. Chamomilla also helps in treating bedwetting problems for children. One can also use Homeopathic drugs on a regular basis once teething begins so that the child is not prone to fever and fits of crying. Also, children can be given Homeopathic drugs for deworming at least once a year. This will also help to clear out the toxins and build better appetite.
My baby is about 6 month old, few days back we give him solid food (Sweet potato & Banana) after that his loose motion get started. After consulting with Doctor we gave him Prowl & neopeptine. Again today we consult with another doctor for 2nd opinion but not satisfied with their answers. He is doing motions more than 7 times in a day. Stool color is green+yellow mix. Please suggest what I need to do next.
What should be given to 12 years old boy to make him strong internally. To boost his immunity. Is yokult good? how it works. My boy is allergic to dust. Please help.
I am using Johnson baby soap to my 1years 8 months boy. He z become so dry day to day. Wt z d best soap for avoid dry skin to my kid?
While siblings are the force that breathes life into any family structure, it has also been seen as a challenge of sorts to manage siblings and bring out the best in each one of them. In any family unit, there are a number of entities who need to be nurtured in a certain way to ensure that their identities are not hampered by a "one size fits all" style of parenting. Every child is different and will need to be handled differently. Besides this, there are other related challenges that will contribute to the quality of the relationships between the siblings, as well as the rivalry that they may feel towards each other when it comes to attention, achievements and varied other factors.
Read on to know the ten tips to tackle sibling rivalry:
- Make Friends before Birth: encourage your first born to connect even before the birth of the new baby by including him or her in the changes you see and feel. Planning for the new baby with your first born will also help in such cases.
- Staying positive is a big factor that will help the children in feeling confident despite their different qualities and strengths.
- Comparison is a big no no. Stay away from these kind of comparisons so that the children do not feel like they have to fight with each other for your praise.
- Time Sharing: Ensure that you divide your time well and indulge each child in his or her area of interest so that they feel like you are always there for each of them.
- Harmonious Start to the day: this will ensure that the children have a special bond at the end of the day. Make sure that they help each other and divide chores accordingly. The older siblings should be given the care giving tasks while the younger ones should be taught to obey them and play along.
- Humour them: It is a known fact that humour is the best medicine that breaks even the most tension filled atmosphere.
- Family Meetings: Hold family meetings to discuss important things and even intense fights so that everyone's needs and issues are addressed.
- Empathy: Teaching your child to empathize with others will help him or her steer clear of needless rivalry at home too.
- Ignore the Small: Let them figure out the smaller fights, yet always be there to address the bigger issues so that they know you are there for them.
- Equal Treatment: Treating them equally does not mean doing the same thing for each of them. It means giving them equal time and attention with personalized treatment to suit varied temperaments. This will also give them a lot of individual confidence which eventually kills any feelings of rivalry.