Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. U Venkata Krishna RaoYour feedback matters!
Is there anybody who is happy with their body? Definitely not! Almost everyone wants weight loss. While some want to reduce their overall weight, others are concerned about their thighs, arms, buttocks, and/or belly and get fat loss in these areas. The last couple of decades have seen a drastic change in the lifestyle of people. With more processed and refined items finding their way into each of our meals and physical activity drastically declining, the new epidemic is obesity. No germs causing it, but our foods.
Extensive research is being done to identify newer methods to manage obesity. The complicating issue is also that once lost, the chance of fat re-accumulation always exists. One such new technique is the ultrasonic lipolysis. This technique involves the use of ultrasound waves to kill the fat cells (lipo - fat, lysis - kill). This is a noninvasive method wherein localized fat deposits are reduced, thereby helping in fat loss especially in areas like the abdomen, hips, thighs, upper arm, and buttocks and resulting in further weight loss. This is an advanced technique available to patients who want to achieve weight loss and body contouring too.
How it Works?
The fat that is consumed through foods is digested but then accumulates under the skin. The accumulated fat is seen as fat globules or bubbles. These bubbles are difficult to break, but attract
more fat bubble formation and therefore fat accumulation continues over a period of time. After a detailed case history and examination, a customized programme is drawn that could be of 3 to 5 sessions spread over a period of one to two weeks.
During each session, heat waves of different wavelengths are applied to the area of fat deposition through fiber-optic lasers which start the process of fat loss. The sound energy gets converted into
mechanical energy which helps in bursting of the fat molecules. By a process known as emulsification, the larger fat cells are broken into smaller ones, almost to a liquid form, thereby reducing fat deposits.
Benefits of this include:
- Improves body contour
- Reduces body circumference
- Muscle toning and firming
- Localized body shaping
Earlier, liposuction was used, which would remove the fat leaving sagging skin behind. New research has shown that a combination of lipolysis and liposuction can produce the best results for fat loss. There is no sagging of the skin in these patients and as an added advantage, there is also skin firming indirectly when Lipolysis is done.
Studies have shown that obesity is linked to increased morbidity with higher incidence of cardiovascular disease, stroke, and paralysis. It is therefore, extremely essential that both women and men do all that is possible for weight loss and fight obesity.
I am suffering with thyroid imbalance, in blood test report T3 is 35, T4 is 0.3 and TSH is 109 please recommend me what to do?
Sir I have thyroid last 5 to 6 years pls suggest me what is important methods to come out of these huge problem sir I always go to walking but there is no reduce in weights pls help me.
I M 49, height 175 cms, body weight 78 kgs, I have diabetes in range of 128 to 210, h1c1 6.5, hdl 183 and routine life is good but I have facing problem in sex, not make satisfied, no penis enlarge and more Please let me know what can I do.
Sir/Madam I am Married, I have hypothyroidism, my previous reading was 8.5MicroIU/ml, I have consulted physician he has increased my dosage to 50mcg, previously I was taking 25mcg. Now recently I have checked tsh level is 0.19MicroIU/ml (Normal Range Mentioned-0.30-5.5) I was shocked to see my report, it has almost gone below the normal, T3-122ng/dl (60-200) and T4-12.4microg/dl (4.5-12.0. So my question is, is it normal to have such levels what should I do now? What could be the cause, still I have not get my period. Kindly suggest?
Obesity is a disorder which is characterized by accumulation of fat in the body resulting in various health problems. Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that occurs when the sugar in the blood does not get efficiently utilized by the body. This is due to the inability of the body to produce enough insulin to metabolize the sugar.
Diabetes is classified into two types, Type 1 diabetes wherein the body is unable to produce enough insulin and Type 2 wherein the body develops a resistance to insulin. Diabetes is known to cause diseases such as blindness and kidney problems. The risks of suffering from a stroke and other cardiovascular problems go up significantly if you have been diagnosed with diabetes.
Weight plays a big role in the development of Type 2 diabetes and so weight loss is recommended. Other factors such as stress, age, pregnancy and medications also contribute to this disorder. Usually, a majority of the people who have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes are found to be overweight. Being obese makes it difficult for the body to utilize insulin effectively in order to metabolize blood sugar.
As obesity is closely linked with diabetes, it becomes essential to focus on weight loss as a preventive measure against diabetes.
- Try to exercise on a regular basis. Add cardiovascular exercises to your regimen such as running and swimming as they are very effective in burning fat from your body thus reducing the weight/fat.
- Lifting weights also promotes fat loss by boosting your Resting Metabolic Rate or Basal Metabolic Rate (the body’s rate of burning off calories while you are at rest).
- Follow a well- balanced diet that focuses on low carbohydrate and high protein based meals.
Apart from these lifestyle changes, focus can be brought on the following techniques also as effective means to shed off the excess fat:
- Ultrasonic liposuction: This technique involves using high energy sound waves to eliminate fat from your body. It is a non-invasive procedure that inflicts no trauma on the adjoining tissues in the body and thus providing better weight / inch loss..
- Mesotherapy: It is a non-surgical treatment that involves injecting medications into fat tissues. These medications target the adipose cells in the body and destroy them. This is a permanent procedure that is very effective in removing stubborn fat from the body and helping further in weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
I am 36 years old male, I have suffering heel pain from last 6 months. I checked my uric acid, and results showed 6.4. After that I apply pain relief ointment but I have not got any fruitful results. So I wants to know what is the reason for this pain? And how to relief?
Hello doctor which is best medicine with no side effect for uric acid and taking febuxostat -40, and sugest any good pain killer in uric acid .i wanna remove in 2 days .i am pure veg than why I suffer from it .am eating pineapple to remove it.
. I'm a hypothyroid patient and started taking 50mcg of thyroxine, I feel like burden on my heart. Pulse rate is always is above 90 even in rest position sometimes it is reaching 120b/min Could you please advise?
Actually my mother has lots of pain in her left leg while my birth she got injection in her back bone which made backbone and her left leg weak.In her childhood she never drink caffeine her whole diet was made of fruits and milk. She never had any type of spices no salt no pepper. But after her marriage she started drinking tea and eating vegetable dishes like Rajmah and spicy dal now she has even uric acid. Now she just eat roti with sweet milk. Please answer genuinely.
Sir, have thyroid problem from past 10 years now I am using thyronorm tablets suggest me doctor for permanent treatment.
I have a question about my diabetes. My age is 36. I am suffering from hypertension since 6 years & Diabetes from 2.5 years and take tablets for both diseases in morning. For diabetes I take glimepiride 2 mg + Metformin 500 mg prescribed by doctor. My query is dat when I test my pp sugar after 2 hours of meals it comes around 240 but when I again test after 3 hours of meals (1 hour after pp sugar test), it comes around 150. Means the value of pp sugar test which should come after 2 hours of meals generally comes after 3 hours of meals. Is this ok or should I need further tests or medicine changes. My Hba1c is 6.2 which is good.
I am a diabetics patient. I consult more doctors. Nothing is improve in my health. Please help me to cure from the diabetes.
I made a checkup of my sugar level and found that my hb a1c level is 6.6 (diabetes starting stage. Is it possible for me to be free from diabetes again? Advises of treatment in homeopathy and ayurveda are welcome.
Sir my husband 43 yrs old diabetic on metformin 1000 bid s creatinine increasing now 1.3 urine albumin nil now ultrasound showings fatty liver and grade 1 renal pharenchymal change.
Yesterday only tested Vitd3 levels at very low@22. Insufficient category. Uric acid email@example.com I am suffering from severe joint pains and very uncomfortable due to pain. Please suggest.
My mom is having pain in her shoulder. She consulted many doctors. But her pain still persists. She is a diabetic patient. Her shoulder pain is there for the last 6 months. She is using some belt in her shoulder which gets heat. Kindly help my mother to get rid of this pain.
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.