Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. U Venkata Krishna RaoYour feedback matters!
As a person with diabetes, you are more vulnerable to foot problems, because diabetes can damage your nerves and reduce blood flow to your feet. The American Diabetes Association estimates that one in five people with diabetes who seek hospital care do so for foot problems. By taking proper care of your feet, most serious health problems associated with diabetes can be prevented. Your doctor will check your feet each year for any problems.
Here are some diabetes foot care tips to follow.
//Wash and dry your feet daily - Use mild soaps, use warm water, pat your skin dry; do not rub. Thoroughly dry your feet. After washing, use lotion on your feet to prevent cracking. Do not put lotion between your toes.
//Examine your feet each day - Check the tops and bottoms of your feet. Have someone else look at your feet if you cannot see them. Check for dry, cracked skin. Look for blisters, cuts, scratches, or other sores. Check for redness, increased warmth, or tenderness when touching any area of your feet. Check for ingrown toenails, corns, and calluses. If you get a blister or sore from your shoes, do not" pop" it. Apply a bandage and wear a different pair of shoes.
Are you aware that shaking hands can be an early sign of thyroid disease?
Yes, that's right! Even in patients who have a low thyroid function, shaking of hands can appear when the dose of thyroxine becomes too high - and it can be a reliable indicator to titrate the dose (which means, if an increase in dose of thyroxine makes the hands start shaking, then the dose should be reduced). In hyperthyroidism (or excessive thryoxine hormone synthesis states in the body), one of the cardinal symptoms is shaking of the hands.
So how do you know for sure it is due to thyroid hormone excess? And how do you differentiate this from other kinds of tremor?
When the sugar concentration in the blood increases suddenly and unreasonably, the resulting condition is known as diabetes. Sugar or glucose is generally used in order to provide much needed energy to our bodies. But when the pancreas dysfunctions, it leads to a problem in the insulin production. As a result, glucose or sugar gets directly absorbed into the blood, instead of getting absorbed by insulin. And this leads to the condition of diabetes.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans.
Infertility is defined when a couple is unable to conceive after six months to one year of trying despite having unprotected sexual intercourse frequently. There are various factors that contribute infertility. The latest research states, of every 100 couples reporting to fertility clinics, 40% are cases of male infertility, 50% are of women, and the remaining 10% of both partners being infertile. According to doctors, stress and infertility are co-related terms. Here are some of the points that will give you an idea how to find out the problems related with infertility.
Many couples become stressful after diagnosed with infertility. Women are more stressed than men. women of 32, working with an MNC, had experienced miscarriage due to stress. She could not get pregnant even after going through IVF treatment. Couples who are trying to get pregnant have additional stress.
Several studies indicate people who work in night shifts are affected more with infertility as compared to men working in day shifts. Their biological clock is poorly disturbed. These people usually sleep during the day. They damage their health further with smoking, caffeine and other drinks which they take during working hours in order to keep themselves awake. Stress at work, sitting for long hours, also contribute reduction in low sperm count.
Factors contributing to stress which causes infertility may also include marital disturbance, job or business stress, financial losses, personal injury or illness, death of a close family member and late marriage.