Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. U Venkata Krishna RaoYour feedback matters!
Hello sir. Can you please tell me what is the exact time when diabetic person should start proper medication and what are the symptoms for critical diabetes
My mother is a diabetes patient. She has low energy levels while working. N she experience çontinous hairfall. She has tried all type of shampoo. No result.
Sir mujhe diabetes hain to my abhi jaha par rahraha hu waha par temperature -40° hain to mujhe kuch use advise dijiye ki my apni health banake rakhu.
I have checked my blood sugar levels and found the reading is 76 before breakfast and 101 post lunch. But my urine sugar strips are showing 2+ sugar levels or just a trace before breakfast. So I got my blood sugar levels tested again and no sugar in blood. What does this indicate? my hba1c reading is 6.3. Right now I am not taking any medicine for diabetes. Please tell me where is this taking me.
I am 64+, diabetic since last 15 years, inspite regular walking and exercise and controlled dieting my sugar levels are shooting up now it reads as 200mg/dl fasting and 315 after break fast. Now I am using glimmer 1. Please give me suggestions.
Sir I am in diabetic since last 12 yrs. Since last four days my sugar level is suddenly decreased in 50 and after 3 hrs it increases up to 200. What is the reason.
Hey doctor mine thyroid all normal report came yesterday T3=132 T4=7.6 Tsh=3.49 But also i'm not conceive doctor told to me periods after 10 days we have to do ovary test evaluation will be going every month or not she told to rest now mine periods started yesterday so she want to check for pcos please tell me doctor i'm waiting.
Hi I have high blood pressure and my sugar level is also high what will be my perfect diet that keeps me healthy thank you in advance?
I am taking thyroid tablets for past four months. What is the best vegetarian diet for hypothyroid inorder to improve proper functioning of my thyroid gland.
My TSH rate is 0.08. What to do to increase to the normal level This happened as I took Eltrocin and did not check the level properly.
I did a lipid test and my tsh (thyroid stimulating hormone) is 9.2.What does this mean. What should I do to get to normal.
12 days ago, I discovered my sugar was 127/248 fasting and random. Doctor put me on medication metformin 500 mg. Is it possible to reverse the condition and stop medication?
Can high bp, thyroid and urinary tract infection person take Zincovit multi vitamin tablet. Thanks (age 75 yrs)
Hello doctor! I'm 29 height is 5 ft weight 36 kg only, and I have hypothyroid my tsh level was 118 which came to 20 by unani medicines and even I gained weight now since 3 months I'm taking unani medicine and since then I got so many pimples on my face and now it's been 3 months my pimples are not subsiding and now again my weight loss and got insomnia problems Will hempushpa solve acne and insomnia. Thank you.
I am finding increased level of Uric Acid. (7.8) please advise how to reduce it and what precautions I need to take. I heard if I start medication it wd be a routine habit n will be harmful.
Are you suffering from diabetes? If yes, then it’s time for you to be extra careful about your health. Diabetes may cause several other diseases as well. You must check your lifestyle and take medical efforts to get rid of diabetes as soon as possible.
You are at risk of developing nerve damages (neuropathy), vascular injuries and other heart diseases, regardless of your age, sex or other external or internal factors. Diabetes patients must strive to maintain fasting blood glucose levels less than 110 mg/dL and hemoglobin HbA1C level less than 7%. Also, diabetes patients should keep a check on blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Here’s how diabetes can affect your overall health:
1. Check your heart: There is a correlation between blood pressure, cholesterol levels and diabetes. Researchers have found that high bad cholesterol levels act as a hindrance to insulin regulation. People with diabetes are more likely to develop heart-related diseases. About 60% diabetes patients die due to heart attacks. Diabetes is responsible for hardening of arteries or atherosclerosis. This situation is dangerous and can cause heart attacks, strokes or other chronic diseases.
2. Neuropathy: Diabetes leads to impaired nerve function. This is called neuropathy. This condition is of two types: Peripheral (which affects toes, feet, legs, hand and arms) and Autonomic (which affects digestion, bowel, bladder, heart and sexual activity). Symptoms of neuropathy include tingling, weakness, burning sensation, numbness in the limbs, digestive disorders, infection of the bladder and erectile dysfunction.
3. Nephropathy: Diabetes is responsible for causing damage to the kidneys as well. This is called nephropathy. In this condition, the filters in the kidney or glomeruli get damaged. As a result, there is a leakage of protein in the urine. Consequently, kidneys get damaged. Urine showing small amounts of protein is an indication of kidney damage. About 20-40% patients suffering from diabetes die due to renal failure. The symptoms of renal disorder due to diabetes include itching, fatigue, urine with protein, swelling of feet and ankles and pale skin colour.
4. Foot ulcers and amputations: Diabetes causes non-injury amputations as it affects the nerve in the limbs, especially foot. Usually, minor infections in the foot may lead to ulcers and later require amputation. In rare cases, Charcot joint or Charcot foot may also occur. This is called neuropathic arthropathy. The symptoms include swelling and reddening of the foot. The bones of the affected foot have a tendency to develop cracks, deforming the entire region.
5. Retinopathy: Diabetes leads to blindness in adults. The eye disorder caused due to diabetes is called retinopathy. Patients with diabetes develop cataract easily. The capillaries and blood vessels in the retina get damaged or obstructed, resulting in damage to the entire retina. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.