Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. U K M Bhat
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. U K M BhatYour feedback matters!
I am student my problem is cut feet in specially summer days due to hot season please give me good suggestion to avoid this?
1. I am 49 2. I have diabetese mellitus type-ii 3. My bp remains 155/95 range 4. I take medicine for bp and diabetese 5. My ecg shows lad. 6. Tmt and echo tets are normal. 7. Shall I go for any further check up in relation with ecg abnormalities. What shall I do ?
How to get rid of glasses? Does taking vit-A supplements at night and drinking carrot juice made by 250 grams of carrot useful?
I have a problem .actually I am suffering hydrocele. It's very painful for me. I want relief to this problem please help me sir.
A kidney transplant is a procedure that employs an operation to transplant properly functioning kidney in the body. The main job of the kidneys is to remove the excess waste from a person’s body with the help of a filtration process. When the kidneys stop filtering the toxins properly, they become diseased as harmful waste products and toxins begin to accumulate in the body. Following this, the patient has to go through treatment measures like dialysis or kidney transplant.
Read on to know the five things you should keep in mind about a kidney transplant.
- Treatment: Transplant is one of the best ways to treat chronic kidney disease stage-V, until unless it is contraindicated. Life becomes near normal after transplant, though there is a possibility of rejection of transplant kidney. Patient has to take immunosuppressive medication life long.
- Medication: Medications are mainly for:
- To prevent rejection: Patient takes immunosuppressive medications life long.
- Prevention of infection: Patient has to take care all the measures to prevent infections as they are more prone to infections.
- Other medication: To control diabetes, HTN etc.
- Family Only: The donors are from family or emotionally related or cadavers (after brain death). HLA-matched donors are better because of less chances of rejections and first reduction of immunosuppressive.
- Doing Your Part: Once transplant is done - patient becomes normal and he/she lives a normal life. However, they have to take regular medications and to protect themselves from various infection.
- End Stage Renal Diseases: These diseases includes diabetes mellitus, HTN, polycystic kidney disease, chronic glomerulonephritis or interstitial nephritis etc.
Consult a Nephrologist before going for renal transplant for detailed check up or line of action.
First time intercourse after marriage, do's and do not's. Which is best contraception and how to get rid of menses during honeymoon if it is about to come.
Hey I had done a sex with my gf without condom and I still not remember that whether I evacuated all sperms in her vagina r not. But I had given her unwanted 72 within an hour. Is thre chances of pregnancy.
How to manage it effectively?
There are enough options available which can keep every man sexually active regardless of the cause of erectile dysfunction (ed). Here's how therapy can take place.
As with an electrical circuit, if there are any breaks in the system it will not function as a unit. Part of the process of psychosexual therapy would be to think about the actual emotional and/or psychological issues behind ed, and to attend to these with weekly counselling sessions. This realisation is an important first step for you to begin and resolve your erection problem. The patient normally implements the therapy advice at home, either alone or with a partner, between therapy sessions. This may help you maintain an erection for once, gradually building confidence.
Relieving sexual anxiety:
Telling your partner before you make love that you have this anxiety, and the feelings it causes. As a result, your partner will understand, and the two of you can work on it together.
You can reduce some worries by being more giving with foreplay, even if your sexual performance isn't what you or your partner wanted, your partner will still be satisfied.
Consider regular exercise which brings confidence in your body as your energy is also an important part of overcoming sexual anxiety.
Watermelon juice (nature's viagra) and ginseng (herbal viagra): l-citrulline, an amino acid, present in watermelon can bring about significant improvement in blood flow to the penis, showing an improvement in erectile function. Another herb called ginseng, specifically 'red ginseng,' is known as the 'herbal viagra' that can improve sexual performance. Several research studies provide evidence for the effectiveness of these herbs in ed treatment.
Kegel exercises: pelvic exercises, involving the portion of the body between your waist and thighs, are commonly known as kegel exercises. Three months of kegel exercises twice daily can help to significantly improve your erection ability which strengthens the penile muscle. They also promote urinary control.
Acupuncture therapy: the acupuncture needles are placed in the wall of the abdomen. By stimulating specific acupoints, the practitioner aims to restore the proper flow of energy in the body resolving ed.
Eat right: scientific study at Massachusetts on male aging has found that eating a diet rich in fruit, vegetables, fish with fewer red and processed meat, whole and refined grains decreased the likelihood of having ed. Intake of a daily multivitamin and fortified foods is the best remedies for treating ed.
Walking: just 30 minutes of walking a day is linked to 41% drop in risk for ed. Moderate exercise can help restore sexual performance in obese middle-aged men with ed.
Attention towards vascular health and making body slim: high blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol, and high triglycerides can all damage arteries in the penis along with heart and brain thereby leading to ed. Maintaining a trim waistline is a good defence for ed, as men with a 42-inch waist are 50% more likely to develop ed in comparison to 32-inch waist people.
Avoid excessive alcohol: chronic heavy drinking of alcohol can cause liver damage, nerve damage, and other conditions, interfering with the normal balance of male sex hormone (androgens) levels ultimately leading to ed.
Intake of l-arginine: l-arginine, an amino acid, which is naturally present in the body and helps make nitric oxide, supports a successful erection. Nitric oxide is responsible for making the blood vessels relax, which helps sustain an erection for men.
Ed can also be treated with oral medications, drugs insertions or injections into the penis. Oral medications that are normally prescribed to treat the dysfunction work for about 80% of men. They work by boosting the natural signals, which are generated dur
ing sexual activity so as to help you sustain an erection. Alprostadil is a type of medicine that causes blood vessels to expand, increasing blood flow to the penis, thus facilitate an erection. Cialis, Levitra, staxyn and viagra work by a similar mechanism to cause erections. There are subtle differences in how long the drug works and how quickly it works. A vacuum erection device is a plastic tube that slips over the penis, making a seal with the skin of the body. A pump at the other end of the tube creates a low-pressure vacuum around the erectile tissue, which results in an erection.
Klaibya in Ayurveda is defined as the inability to attain and keep sufficient rigid (firm) erection which is very essential during sexual intercourse for the sexual needs or the needs of his female partner. Also vajikarana in Ayurveda means producing a horse's vigor. Some of the herbs used in vajikarana include:
- Bulb of allium sativum (garlic)
- Root of asparagus recemosus (shatavari)
- Root of boerhavia diffusa (punarnava)
- Whole part of Cocculus cardifoli (guduchi)
- Root of panax ginseng (ginseng)
- Seeds of myristica fragraus (nutmeg)
- Leaf and root of withania somnifera (ashwagandha)
- Leaf and seeds of ginkgo bioloba (ginkgo)
- Pitch of asphaltum bitumen (shilajit)
- Dried root of lepidium meyenii (maca)
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!