Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. TulasiYour feedback matters!
The weight loss journey is one that is filled with ups, downs, temptations and overall confusion. What should you eat? How much? What should you avoid? How can food help you in your weight loss journey? These are many questions that plague the minds of those living with a few extra pounds and kilos. So get your weight loss routine right without starving. Put these five ingredients on your plate to get help in losing weight.
- Eggs: This protein-rich food item gives your body due nourishment even as they put the metabolism in high gear, right in the morning. This is the time when the metabolism is at its peak. Eggs also have healthy fats which can make you feel full with a fraction of the calorie intake.
- Fish: A known source of Omega 3 fatty acids, salmon, trout, mackerel, tuna and other kinds of fishes are well known aids for weight loss. They give precious iodine to the body and supply plenty of proteins as well. Omega three fatty acids help in bringing down inflammation and bloating to help you get a more toned body.
- Beans: Eating a serving of beans, lentils and legumes in a day is also a great way to lose weight. Black beans and other legumes are known to have high dietary fibres which help in making the metabolism work faster. With the help of such fibres, the food gets pushed through the food pipe much faster, and much more effectively.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This is a super ingredient that helps in giving you a feeling of fullness when ingested right before a meal. Also, it is a well known super food in the health and wellness community, and is known to help people suffering from heart disease, diabetes, high cholesterol and a host of other ailments.
- Greens: Loaded with dietary fibres, yet low in carbohydrates and calories, green vegetables are a wonder food that can also banish bloating. Get your heart's fill of kale, spinach, cabbage and other ingredients, every single day for visible results in the weight loss arena. You can have them as a stir fry, in a salad, or simply churn a handful of green leaves into a healthy smoothie!
Using whole grains like oats and even nuts for the weight loss process has been known to offer health benefits and great results!
I'm getting married in next month but somewhere I'm afraid of pain after the first intercourse. Can you suggest any medicine, oil or any yoga position to relieve the pain after intercourse?
Hello I have a doubt about vaginal bleeding during first sex. Actually 2.5 years back I did sex with my boy frnd but after broken up our relationship I did not do that with anyone. So now im searching for a boy to marry. And it is fine to marry someone else because if I did not get any vaginal bleeding during sex means may be he will know about my past. And I heard one thing. Is vaginal muscles will go back to their original position? And can you tel me hymen will form again or? Suggest me something please.
My last period is 06/03/2016.1st time I took ccq100 tablet from 2 nd day of my periods to 5 th day. On 03/04/2016 I checked in pregnancy test kit it was negative. Is there any chances of pregnancy?
Before mensuration time I have to go through an unbearable pain in my back and stomach. Please advice me if the same can be reduced.
I am 37 week pregnant. My lmo was 14 april 2016. As I am in last month I went to sono and my doc told me that my placenta is grade 3 and its is mature is there any kind of risk due to mature placenta?
I am 22 years old girl I don't get my periods since last two months I just go through with the perg. Test also but it was negative. Now what should I do please suggest me, I have stomach and so much backache also.
Hello doctor please reply me. I am 21 yr old girl I had intimate with my husband at3/5/2015 on my periods date. But my hubby hadn't ejaculated inside. We hadn't. Took any precaution I felt cramp on body from dat tym ownwards. Am I pregnant?
1. It keeps your immune system at great -- sexually active people take fewer sick days. People who have sex have higher levels of what defends your body against germs, viruses, and other intruders. Studies found that college students who had sex once or twice a week had higher levels of certain antibody compared to students who had sex less often.
You should still do all the other things that make your immune system happy, such as:
Eat right- balance diet.
Stay active - do morning workouts.
Get enough sleep- at least 6-8 hours.
Always use a condom if you don't know both of your std statuses.
2. It boosts your libido -- having sex will make sex better and will improve your libido. For women, having sex ups vaginal lubrication, blood flow, and elasticity, she says, all of which make sex feel better and help you crave more of it.
3. It improves women's bladder control -- a strong pelvic floor is important for avoiding&nbsp;incontinence, something that will affect about 30% of women at some point in their lives.
Good sex is like a workout for your pelvic floor muscles. When you have an orgasm, it causes contractions in those muscles, which strengthens them.
4. Can be counted as an exercise -- sex is a really great form of exercise. It won't replace the treadmill, but it counts for something.
Sex uses about five calories per minute, four more calories than watching tv. It gives you a one-two punch: it bumps up your heart rate and uses various muscles.
So get busy! you may even want to clear your schedule to make time for it on a regular basis. Like with exercise, consistency helps maximize the benefits.
5. It lowers your blood pressure -- research suggests a link between sex and lower blood pressure. There have been many studies - one landmark study found that sexual intercourse specifically (not masturbation) lowered systolic blood pressure. That's the first number on your blood pressure test.
6. Can lower heart attack risk -- a good sex life is good for your heart. Besides being a great way to raise your heart rate, sex helps keep your estrogen and testosterone levels in balance. When either one of those is low you begin to get lots of problems, like osteoporosis and even heart disease.
Having sex more often may help. During one study, men who had sex at least twice a week were half as likely to die of heart disease as men who had sex rarely.
7. As a pain-reducer -- before you reach for an aspirin, try for an orgasm. Orgasm can block pain -- it releases a hormone that helps raise your pain threshold.
Stimulation without orgasm can also do the trick. It has been found that vaginal stimulation can block chronic back and leg pain, and many women have genital self-stimulation can reduce menstrual cramps, arthritic pain, and in some cases even headache.
8. Reduces the chances of prostate cancer -- men who ejaculated frequently (at least 21 times a month) were less likely to get prostate cancer. You don't need a partner to reap this benefit: sexual intercourse, nocturnal emission, and masturbation were all part of the equation.
However it is still not clear that sex was the only reason that mattered in this aspect. As lot of factors affect cancer risk. But more sex won't hurt it rather.
9. It improves sleep -- you may nod off more quickly after sex, and for good reason. After orgasm, the hormone prolactin is released, which is responsible for the feelings of relaxation and sleepiness.
10. Stress reliever -- being close to your partner can soothe stress and anxiety. Touching and hugging can release your body's natural feel-good hormone. sexual arousal releases a brain chemical that revs up your brain's pleasure and reward system.
Sex and intimacy can boost your self-esteem and happiness, too.
It's not only a prescription for a healthy life, but a happy one.
Had pid earlier. Taken oflox oz and doxycycline courses. Again after 20 days. Having intense vaginal hole itching with yellowish White discharge. We are using condoms. Husband is not having any symptoms. What is this? Have taken anti fungals also. Having weakness and joint pains too!
Menopause is a natural change in a female body that occurs after or around the age of 45, when the ability to bear children stops permanently. The fertility diminishes and the menstrual cycle stops. A decrease in hormone production, especially in the levels of estrogen, happens after the onset of menopausal years.
During this time, there are a number of physical changes that take place inside the woman’s body. The noticeable changes happen in the female breasts.
Some visible changes to breasts during menopause
Non-cyclical breast pain is mostly not related to menstrual cycle and slowly stops with time.
Loss of glandular tissues is common and causes shrinkage in size.
With age, the connective tissues also lose elasticity and causes sagging
Breast pain could also be due to fibrocystic breast changes
There could be a chance of developing breast cancer
Density of the glands decreases inside the breasts and fat develops.
It is advisable to get any kind of discomfort examined by the doctor to make sure you are in the safe zone. Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is not generally advised as it may create hormonal issues in the long run.
It is also important to follow a healthy diet comprising of protein, calcium , magnesium and other vital nutrients as advised by your doctor. Reduction in smoking and alcohol intake is highly beneficial and cuts down risk of major diseases. It is also necessary to exercise, remain physically active and maintain a healthy body weight during this time.
Regular check-ups, mammograms and self-examination of breasts help to diagnose and detect early signs of breast tumours and cancer and are highly recommended, especially for women who are in the perimenopausal and menopausal years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
We are married since 1 year and we stayed together for 6 months then my husband went to dubai. He is coming on 30th may. In this what type of food we both should have to enjoy our sex life nicely. We are also planning for a baby now so when to have sex and when to stop ols advise both. I also have hair growth on face how to remove it in home. Also advise if go for laser will it be harmful for pregnancy. Pls pls advise properly for all above questions.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
I have a question regarding my future marriage life. Me and my girlfriends blood group are same that was b positive, is there any problem occurs to get a baby?please help me can I really get baby after marriage?
Hello doctor , My wife is 3 months pregnant just now we visit our doctor for monthly checkup , she prescribed progesterone i.p.200 mg twice daily , so is this safe in pregnancy ?
I had unprotected sex with my husband on Nov 17th and I took postpone 72 on 18th. Then I got withdrawal bleeding Nov 24th to 26th. But my last periods date Nov 7th to 13th. Then I got periods on Dec 20th to 23th. This Jan I didn't get periods till now. When will I get my periods? Is any chance of pregnancy?
Hi, we have completed our 7 years of marriage. We have one baby girl, now planning for second. But my wife dose not have any interest in sex and all. I have tried all possible things but no use. Suggest if have any other thing except common like keeping her mood, make her happy in small things, like this. She doesn't like sex at all. What should I do to her to increase her interest in sex.
Hlw Dr. meri age 21 year h or mere last 5july ko period huye thee or ab 2 month se period nhi ho rhe h ye hmesha ki hi problm h ya to period regular nhi hote or hote h to bleeding bhut hoti h bhut dino tk hoti h m medicin le lekr tk gyi please sujjest me m kya kru jisse period regula ho.
Hello doctor I got ma last period on May 14th to 17 (4 days). Nw june 21st nearly 37 days over. Still I did not get my next period. Now 37th day I mean june 21st I had unprotected sex. Any chance for pregnancy? Or should I take I pil within 72 hours? please guide me.
Are you experiencing problems with your periods because of hormonal imbalance? This condition, known as PCOD and PCOS, or polycystic ovary syndrome, may make it difficult for you to get pregnant, and unwanted changes in your appearance are also indicated. In most cases, women with PCOD develop small cysts in their ovaries. These cysts may not be harmful or cancerous, but they cause hormone imbalance in your body.
The specific causes of PCOD are yet to be determined. In PCOS patients, the ovaries produce excess androgens or male sex hormones, which result in an imbalance in ovulation, acne breakout and development of excess body hair. Your body faces problems using insulin and develops insulin resistance. Genetics are considered to be a key factor that determines a woman’s chance of getting PCOD.
The symptoms of PCOD are mild in the beginning. The most common symptoms are as follows:
Weight and difficulty in weight loss.
Development of excess hair on the face and body, which is not a feminine feature. Thicker and darker facial hair and unusually excessive hair on the belly, chest and back are also indicated in some women.
Thinning of hair on the scalp.
Irregularity with menstrual periods. Commonly, women with PCOD experience less than 9 periods during a year. Some women may have no periods at all, while others experience heavy, abnormal bleeding.
Fertility problems are likely in women with PCOD.
The treatment of PCOD aims at relieving the symptoms and preventing long-term health problems associated with the condition. PCOD can be treated and managed by using the following measures:
You should keep fit and undertake regular exercise and work out. Walking is an ideal exercise which you can opt for.
You should eat heart healthy food which includes vegetables, nuts, fruits, whole grains and beans. Avoid foods which contain saturated fats and these include fried food, meat and cheese.
Losing weight is beneficial for your health if you have PCOD. Losing even a small amount of weight will help in balancing your hormones and regulating your menstrual cycle.
Quit smoking as smoking increases the levels of androgen in your body.
Birth control pills are also prescribed for reducing your symptoms, and fertility medicines are prescribed in case of infertility issues because of PCOD.
It is recommended for you to consult a gynaecologist on experiencing any symptom of PCOD. This will enable early diagnosis so that you can start with the treatment measures before the condition worsens.