Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Thriveni.dYour feedback matters!
I had my LMP on 29-12-16. (my periods are regular). The pain started in pelvis on 30-1-17. On next day I have started light bleeding with pain. In the evening I did pregnancy test and it came positive. Same day I visit my gyne and she did two blood test. Today on 1-2-17 I went for ultrasound and I am having dark brown thick blood. Radiologist told me there is a possibility of ongoing abortion. Dr. told me that my B- hcg and progesterone is very low and I need to repeat it tomorrow. If its increase then she will put me on some support and if its decrease then let it comes out everything and will give me some medicines to abortion. please help me we are trying for 2 yrs. HCG- 92.3 mIU/L and progesterone- 1.01.
What are the names of the tests for detecting pregnancy test through blood and urine if one visits the diagnostic center.
An indian kitchen is full of health benefits. Indian cooking is such that almost every ingredient has some benefit or another.
Few herbs and their benefits are:
1. Garlic is a cure: raw garlic has immense health properties. It has cancer prevention and cure properties, boosts the immune system, cures infections & allergic reactions, cures colds, fevers & flu apart from having anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. What one needs to do it eat half to one clove of garlic every single day. This will maintain immunity and prevention of internal infections. Ear infections can be treated with garlic and oil. This oil can be made by adding 5-6 cloves of chopped garlic in olive oil, keeping it aside for three to four days. After that, strain the oil and keep in a tight bottle.
2. Ginger, peppermint and fennel for stomach - these everyday food items aid digestion, digestive cramps and relieve gas. They also help heartburn and stop nausea & vomiting. These herbs are ideal for your digestion, making life easy. All three can be consumed in the form of tea.
3. Cinnamon for weight loss - has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. It is also good for weight loss. It has been proven that it kills bacteria and viruses up to almost 100%. It is advised to include it in tea or have a pinch of cinnamon powder with your early morning lemon-honey water.
4. Aloe vera completely heals - aloe vera has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties. It is also known to heal burns and wounds, soothes stomach and helps multiple skin ailments.
5. Oregano fights diseases - oregano is a powerful antibiotic and happens to be more effective in neutralizing germs in comparison to chemical antibiotics.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Doc I just discovered I am pregnant my period has being delayed for 5 days now. My background is not the best doc I really want to go in for an abortion but I am low on income. Please can you help me on any natural method of abortion?
Egg freezing is a female fertility preservation method in which a woman's unfertilized eggs are stored so that can be used to conceive at a later date, when natural conception would not be likely. The eggs can be preserved for women who are not ready to have a child at the moment. This method is also used for women who are at a risk of infertility because of medical reasons like cancer.
Frozen eggs can be stored for long years without much deterioration. When a woman is ready to use the eggs, they are warmed and fertilized with the sperm. Since, the aim is embryonic development and the developed eggs are transferred into the uterus to promote fertilization making it possible for the woman to conceive.
The process of egg freezing:
The process of egg freezing involves several steps. They are:
- Hormonal stimulation: Hormonal stimulation is given in the form of injections and this can be done by the patient herself. This will get the eggs ready. The injections may make the woman feel bloated up, but there are no severe side effects.
- Egg collection: The eggs are collected from the ovaries via an ultrasound probe, which is inserted into the vagina. A needle is run inside the probe and passes through the vaginal walls into both the ovaries. The eggs are separated from the ovary and the patient is given general anaesthesia.
- Vitrification: This process takes place in the laboratory where the eggs are frozen and is called vitrification. The eggs are rapidly frozen in a process where all fluids are extracted for prevention of ice crystal formation. After successful vitrification, the eggs can be stored for many years.
Egg freezing is a new procedure and it is too early to make a graph of its success rate. The age of the woman is an important factor which determines the success rate. According to a research, it has been found out that for women under the age of 35, one cycle of stimulation produces ten to twelve eggs out of which seven to nine can be used for storage. It is estimated that around 90% of the eggs would survive future warming, 50 to 80% of the eggs would successfully fertilize and 80 to 90% eggs would develop into embryos. The success rate is less in women above 35.
Female fertility preservation refers to the preservation of eggs to be used for fertilization at a later date. Egg freezing is a common fertility preservation process. Egg freezing cannot guarantee pregnancy and the birth of a healthy baby and the outcome of frozen eggs cannot be known for sure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Vertigo is a type of dizziness where you feel like the world is spinning. Nausea and vomiting are common and you may feel unsteady. Often vertigo is eased by lying down and made worse by sitting up or moving. It's not the same as simply feeling faint, dizzy or lightheaded when getting up. Vertigo can be very disabling.
Causes of vertigo
Vertigo can have many causes. The most common is from a disturbance of the vestibular system, the part of the inner ear and brain that controls balance and maintains eye focus during movement. Special sensors in the inner ear send messages back to the brain that help you maintain balance and focus. Common causes for vestibular system problems include:
Illness or disease
Head trauma (e. G, car accidents, falls, impact sports)
Ear infections (neuritis, labyrinthitis)
Stroke and/or brain injury
How physiotherapists help
Physiotherapists specifically trained to assess and treat vestibular problems are highly skilled at treating vertigo caused by vestibular problems. Research demonstrates vestibular rehabilitation improves balance, decreases dizziness/vertigo symptoms and increases general activity levels.
Getting an accurate diagnosis is important for effective treatment. If your condition is suitable for vestibular rehabilitation, your physiotherapist may include one or all of the following:
Balance retraining exercises
Specific exercises for the vestibular system
Special repositioning maneuver for vertigo caused by the crystals in the inner ear becoming stuck
Monitor progress and continually challenge the vestibular, visual and balance systems
Home program of individualized vestibular exercises
Often improvement or complete resolution of symptoms can be achieved within 6-8 weeks.
Your physiotherapist will:
Take a careful history to determine the type of vertigo
Screen for conditions requiring medical follow-up
Assess your balance and co-ordination
Complete a full examination of your nervous system
Test your vestibular system using special eye and head movement testing
I am losing hair of head, I had tried various Shampoo's but I didn't get good results, and I also have problems of hairs on chest, I want to control or vanish that hair, what should I do help me sir.
Am I pregnant? Im 23 me and my husband TTC for 2 months. We had unprotected sex almost everyday and also on my ovulation days my next periods are coming on 7th april my cycle is always regular But from 2 days im feeling abdominal cramps (like menstrual cramps) with severe lower backache and I also feel so gassy and bloated all the time. Pain is mild to moderate but I can't sleep due to this discomfort. Today im feeling a little pressure on my left side of abdomen and it hurts a little when I deeply palpate it:/ I never ever had Pms so I think it's not pms.
Hello Doctor, I'm 44 years old and got married 2 years back. my hubby is younger to me. We want kids. I have no gync problem I consulted a doc she gave me some folic acids and checked me internally all was well she said but still could not get pregnant also I tried all fertility days. I use gel cause I am very dry. and I don't enjoy sex everyday. Can you suggest some medicine for me. Also I am in usa now. And some medicine called conceivesafe you get over the counter. Please advise for them. Cause I'm not sure of the Docs here. So please if you could help me.
I am 25 Female. Suffering some swelling and not much but some pain in my armpit since almost 2 years. Last time I went to a doctor he said it is accessory breast and took a test. Test result is" Giemsa stained smears show fibrofatty fragments.
You can do a number of things to keep your kidneys functioning properly and keep them as healthy as possible at every stage of life :
1.Hydrate, but don’t overdo it:
It’s always a good idea to drink enough water, drinking more than the typical four to six glasses a day probably won’t help your kidneys do their job any better.
Eat healthy foods. Your kidneys can tolerate a wide range of dietary habits, kidney problems arise out of other medical conditions like high blood pressure and diabetes. Because of this, he suggests you follow healthy, moderate eating habits to control weight and blood pressure. Preventing diabetes and high blood pressure will help keep kidneys in good condition.
2. Exercise regularly:
If you’re healthy, getting your exercise is a good idea because, like healthy eating habits, regular physical activity can stave off weight gain and high blood pressure. But do be mindful of how much exercise you do, especially if you’re not conditioned.“Overexerting yourself when you’re not fit and healthy can put a strain on your kidneys, especially if you exercise so much that you cause excessive breakdown of muscle
3.Use caution with supplements and herbal remedies:
Excessive amounts of certain vitamin supplements and some herbal extracts may be harmful to your kidneys. Talk to your doctor about any vitamins and herbs you plan to take.
Smoking can damage blood vessels, which decreases the flow of blood in the kidneys. When the kidneys don’t have adequate blood flow, they can’t function at optimal levels. Smoking also increases the risk of high blood pressure as well as the risk of kidney cancer.
6.Don’t overdo it when taking over-the-counter medications:
“Common non-prescription pills like ibuprofen and naproxen (NSAID’s) can cause kidney damage if taken too regularly over a prolonged period,” If you have healthy kidneys and use these medicines for occasional pain, they probably don’t pose a risk.If you take them for chronic pain or arthritis, you should talk to your doctor about monitoring your kidney function or finding alternative ways to control your pain.
7.If you’re at risk, get regular kidney function screening. “If you have either diabetes or high blood pressure, your physician should screen for kidney dysfunction as part of routine care for those conditions,”
I'm male my age is 23 not married I want to become a female it is possible. What is the procedure to change to female how much it costs for that operation explain in detail. If anyone changed from male to female.
Today may be I'm 12 dpo & I tested then the result was negative but still I'm feeling weakness and frequent urination and feeling nausea and every sign of pregnancy. My due date of period is 3rd august.
Hello Doctor, My wife is 6 weeks pregnant and as part initial diagnosis reports says her hepatitis B Surface Antigen is "Reactive" Could you advise on the same. If it is safe for both mother and baby ? Can we treat this during pregnancy ? What additional tests is required ? Is it curable ?
How a girl can be pregnant after sperm will go inside or outside also can you explain it in details?
From time to time, it's a good idea for a man to undergo an STD screening. This is true if a man is enjoying the company of more than one sexual partner, if he isn't sure that his partner is monogamous (or if he is not), or if he's thinking about unprotected sex with a steady partner for the first time. Men should consider STD screening an integral part of penis care, not something that can be overlooked or put off!
What happens during an STD screening?
For many men, the thought of a strange messing around with their junk is the stuff of nightmares - even if that inspection happens in a medical setting. Here's what a guy can expect:
1. A ton of questions. A guy will be asked a multitude of questions, and some of them might seem to be asking for 'too much information.' A doctor will need to know about a man's sexual history, how many partners he has had recently (or ever), what kind of sexual activity he engages in and any health issues that might have arisen during those encounters. The doctor will ask blunt questions and expect frank answers. This is not the time to be coy!
2. A physical examination. A guy can expect to have his equipment explored a bit by the physician. This will include a visual examination for any lesions, irritations, bumps, bruises, sores and the like. It will also include a physical examination in which the doctor will touch the penis and surrounding area. The goal is to find any lumps or bumps that can't be seen, only felt.
3. Swabs and urine tests. During an STD screening, the doctor might want to take samples for examination by a laboratory. In order to do this, swabbing is typically used. This means using an instrument that looks very much like a Q-tip, passing it over and around any questionable areas to pick up a variety of cells from that area, and then sending those cells to the lab for examination. A man might also be used to provide a urine sample.
4. Blood testing. Blood tests are extremely helpful in STD screening, as they pick up infections that might be latent in the body - meaning that there are no outward signs of it at the moment. Herpes is a good example of this. A man who is having an active outbreak shows signs of the problem, but during the times between outbreaks, it can be impossible to tell a man has herpes simply by looking at him. A blood test, however, can reveal the truth.
5. More invasive examinations. A man who is dealing with a particular issue might undergo more invasive testing. For instance, a guy who engages in regular anal play and complains of bleeding or pain in that area might be examined there to figure out what the problem might be. However, rest assured that the doctor will be gentle and try to cause as little embarrassment as possible. Doctors have seen it all, so nothing a guy says will shock them or make them view him differently.
A man who is worried about STDs should take special care to prevent the problem by using condoms whenever he has sex with a new partner, ensuring he is in a monogamous relationship before going without protection, and getting STD screening on a regular basis, regardless of his relationship status.
When it comes to penis health, a man can also make great strides toward better penis care with a good penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Though no crème can prevent a sexually transmitted disease, the regular application of a crème indicates good penis hygiene; and that means a man will be faster to catch the first signs of an STD if he does contract one. A guy should look for a luxurious combination of Shea butter and vitamin E, as well as other nutrients and vitamins, to ensure his penis skin stays in tip-top shape.