Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SwapnaYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor My wife was pregnant from last 13 weeks and 4 days with crl 7.4 cm with increased NT 2.9 mm So please give me suggestion.
1) Save electricity, save money
Ÿ Switch off when not in use.
Plugged in chargers waste power, so switch off if not charging!Computer in sleep mode draw power, so shut it down at night
Ÿ Replace incandescent bulbs with LED Bulbs.They are 80% cheaper to run and healthier than CFL bulbs.
Ÿ Use star rated appliances..Air conditioner, washing machine, refrigerator. They save power in the long run.
Ÿ Don't use the dryer , just hang clothes to dry.
Ÿ Keep refrigerator in shaded part of room , that way less power is used to cool.
Ÿ Use microwave for reheating rather than conventional ovens, definitely less electricity consumption with microwave usage.
Ÿ Stop opening the oven to check repeatedly, it causes heat to be lost.
Ÿ Decide what you want out of the fridge..don't keep it open, while you think!
Ÿ Use cold water for washing clothes in washing machine.Upto 40$ per year may be saved in your power bills by this little change.
Ÿ Use fully loaded washing machine and dishwashers before running them.
2) Save water
Water is a finite resource of ghis world.Use it with care.
Ÿ Close the tap when brushing your teeth, and other chores.Dont keep it running
Ÿ Use a low flow shower head.You can also try using the bucket and mug Method!
Ÿ Use a low flow flush .You may save upto 160,000litre water per year
Ÿ Fix the drip.Wastage of water upto 192 gallons per year may be avoided, by stopping the dripping tap.
Ÿ Collect water used to wash fruits, vegetables, pulses etc, and use it to water your plants.
3)Use green indoor plants to purify indoor air.
Indoor plants like peace lily and Areca palms remove formaldehyde and benzene fumes from indoor air.
4) Reuse, Recycle, up cycle your stuff at home.The less you discard the less stuff ends up in the landfill.
5) Make large furniture buying decisions strictly from, eco friendly sustainable furniture sources.Furniture's are expensive .Buy after planning
So this decision should be taken with much care
Bamboo furniture's are eco friendly ,as bamboo is a fast growing sustainable grass and not wood.Reclaimed wood, Stainless steel furniture's are green choices which are not too expensive.
You can shop from Craig list , eBay and refurbish your finds.Just take care if it's painted furniture, the paint may contain leas, so proper care needs to be taken while repainting.
6) Save petrol
Ÿ Use a carpool
Ÿ Regularly servicing the car will ensure less fuel wastage
Ÿ Empty the trunk, it increase fuel efficiency.
7) When out shopping carry your own reusable shopping bag.
That way you avoid buying the plastic or paper bag the the store may be giving or Selling!
8) Save paper
Ÿ Pay tax online and ask for an ex receipt.
Ÿ Pay tour bills online.
Ÿ But your train and plain tickets online.
Ÿ Buy your movie tickets online.
Ÿ Buy ebooks, used books
Ÿ Stop buying newspaper and read the news online.
Ÿ Print on both sides of the paper.
Ÿ Use cloth napkins instead of paper ones.
9) Take the stairs and not the elevator. Good for your health and the health of the environment.
10)Buy local, as far as possible. The lower the charge of transportation , the more money you save and less is your carbon footprint.
We spend the major portion of a 24 hour timespan at home.The healthier the home environment the better it is for your health..
Take one step at a time .Make one small change everyday.Soon you will not only be making your home green ,eco friendly and healthy, but also be inspiring others to make the change.
Write to me if you want specific information about Healthy home, lifestyle health care. I love hearing from my readers.
Premature ejaculation is the uncontrolled occurrence of an ejaculation at the beginning or early stages of sexual activity. There are many causes of this condition including stress, anxiety with a new partner, guilt, depression as well as medical reasons like hormonal imbalances and as a side effect of certain kinds of medication. The main symptom is an ejaculation that happens with minimal sexual excitement or stimulation.
It is basically a form of male sexual dysfunction that can be diagnosed with the help of a physical examination where the doctor can also ask questions pertaining to stress levels and other medications and ailments. So, how can one deal with premature ejaculation? Here are a few tips-
1. Relaxation Techniques: One can practise breathing exercises and other relaxation techniques including meditation that can help in distracting the mind so that there is less scope of anxiety. This can also help in putting the patient in the right frame of mind where he can actually enjoy the process of sexual activity from stimulation to excitement to peak and orgasm.
2. Avoiding Substance Abuse: Doctors usually recommend avoiding excessive consumption of alcohol so that the senses are more alert. Also, one must completely avoid smoking in such conditions, as tobacco can have an adverse effect on the sexual health of a person. Other substance abuse should also be avoided.
3. Therapy: The patient can also seek psychological therapy and counselling so as to unravel any deep rooted psychological cause or trauma that may be keeping him from enjoying sex in an uninhibited manner. It is possible to understand the connection between childhood trauma, guilt, depression, anxiety, and stress if a person takes help from a professional practitioner who will also recommend some form of cognitive behavioural therapy to deal with the issue and overcome the problem and feelings that are hindering a normal sex life.
4. Medical Intervention: A doctor can help in examining the presence of any infection or side effects of any intense or long term medication with the help of a physical examination and even lab tests that can study the urine and blood samples. Accordingly, a suitable path of medicinal therapy can be followed, if required.
5. Sexual Positions: One can try different kinds of sexual positions and scenarios for more imaginative role play and better sexual excitement which can delay the ejaculation. A person can also learn to be more intimate with the partner so as to identify the triggers that lead to premature ejaculation.
Many times, premature ejaculation goes away with the passage of time. But a chronic and debilitating problem must be reported to a doctor for better treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
M having problems with breast as a man my chest is getting out over and it's irritating me can you please suggest me some medicine to solve this issue as soon as possible.
Women are not only more talkative than men but are also known to speak faster than them. Both men and women have a different speaking rate. On an average, women have been found to speak 250 words per minute. In contrast, men speak only about 125 words per minute.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
My wife is of 42 and conceive again after 15 years by the mercy of almighty. Having two daughters of 20,15.pl tell is there any complications during this pregnancy in this age. Any sonography tests if required pl tell. gynecologist gynecologist advised her not to do intercross for the first three months. Why she suggest, I do not do vigorous sex, just do normal without any stress. Any harm to fetus during sex if possible we will avoid because this is our final chance. Pl guide.
Hi, I have read a lot regarding breastfeeding but my son who is now 1.5 years old was breast fed for 2 months only and that too partially. I had very less milk production and I tried all I could to breastfeed him. Sometimes he used to suck for 40-50 mins and still cry for more. So I switched to formula milk and after 2 months he completely gave up on breast milk. Nose congestion was also one of the reasons for that. I would like to know if I am prone to breast cancer due to this or my child is prone to low immunity due to this. I am hugely concerned as I can see he fell sick very soon. Like with every season change. I am really depressed.
The ovaries are the egg producing organs, an essential part of the female reproductive system, they are responsible for the production of estrogen and release an egg every month. If the egg is fertilized with a sperm it can result in a pregnancy.
Ovarian cysts are quite common among women. Ovarian cysts are known to be small sacs filled with fluid that are situated in the ovaries.
Causes of ovarian cysts: Among ovarian cysts, the most common one is called the 'functional cyst'. This type of cyst is generally formed during the process of ovulation, wherein either the eggs do not successfully release from the sac or the sac (follicle) fails to disintegrate properly after the release of the egg.
Certain factors that can cause ovarian cysts are:
- Age that is ovarian cysts are more likely to occur in women who have reached menopause
- Being overweight or obese
- Consumption of fertility drugs
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Family history of ovarian cysts and cancer
- Early menstruation, that is, the onset of the period before the age of 11
Symptoms related to ovarian cysts: Generally, ovarian cysts show no specific symptoms and are generally located during a physical examination or an ultrasound. But, in case you suffer from large cysts or those that have ruptured, you may experience certain signs like:
- Pain while having sex. Great discomfort may be felt, particularly when deep penetration is attempted.
- Pain in the lower abdominal and pelvic region. This pain may be intermittent or persistent. It can also vary from being mild to quite sharp.
- Irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
- An uncomfortable pressure in the lower abdominal and pelvic area.
- Acute pain in the pelvic area and the lower back all throughout the menstrual period.
- Pain in the pelvic area after a session of vigorous exercise or strenuous physical activity.
- A feeling of discomfort or pain while urinating or during bowel movements.
- Nausea, followed by vomiting.
- Pain in the vaginal area, or light bleeding.
- Problems with healthy bowel movements.
I had been to gynecologist for having scanty periods... I had my periods on 4th dec,as my regular menstral cycle but flow was less. Doc said to take a pelvic scan and in report it came that my endometri is thicker i.e 15mm. And i had gone for pregnancy test on 8th dec,the result was negative. Doc suggested me to take duphastron for 10 Days. So my query is that why we hav to take that tablet and will it helps in having pregnancy?
My wife is 25 years old and we had a medical abortion by using mtp kit on 8th feb 2016 and after a one month on 8th of march she had her periods back. Is everything okay? Can she pregnant again or is there any problem to conceive again?
I am 20 years old female I got headache after doing sex and a sever pain on breast and breast is becoming larger after doing sex can you tell me the solution.
On 18 april, it was just a rub of penis above vagina and my vagina was cover with my underwear and my partner was nude sperm drops also came. After this few drop of blood came through the urine and the period came after 6 hour as scheduled on 18 april. I am having mild pain in my abdomen, waist and back. Irritation in vagina and sometimes mild pain in it. What is it? And why these areoccurring? How to get rid of it? Please explain every things in detail. And now I am finding a small muscle in the opening of vagina today on 16th may and hole has been completelyblocked. And vagina is completely dry. What is it?
I had sex with my bf on 6th jan. I get periods on 16 of every month. After sex within two hours I took postpone 72. Will get pregnant. please answer fast.
I didn't get my periods on date & later I got my period s but that was not normal I needed only little please help me out what's the problem.
Hello doctor , I took misoprostol on 20th night ,2 orally and 2 vaginally ,i puked after 15 mins and there was heavy cramps and shivering and dizziness bt it did not bleed ,bleeding started on today that is 22nd and its very normal bleeding , is it an incomplete abortion or is there any problems . I am just 4 weeks 3 days pregnant and its my first pregnancy and its intra uterine.
Bariatric surgery is a procedure that involves modifications to the digestive system so that the food intake can be restricted or the nutrients absorbed by the body is reduced. This surgery is recommended when exercise and diet may not cause the desired results with weight loss. Bariatric surgery is a group of surgeries that are procedure to reduce weight in the body.
The various types of surgeries that come under this category are:
- Gastric bypass: The most common bariatric surgery, gastric bypass is a procedure used to reduce the size of the stomach pouch in the body. Once the size is reduced, it leads to reduced consumption of calories. This procedure also causes alterations in the behavior of the gut hormones resulting in appetite reduction.
- Adjustable gastric band: This procedure involves placing an inflatable band around the upper stomach to make a small stomach area above the band. This causes one to feel full just after eating a small amount of food.
- Sleeve gastrectomy: In this procedure, almost 80% of the stomach area is removed surgically, resulting in a small stomach pouch being left. It reduces the stomach size, which cause an overall reduction in the amount of calories. Modifications also occur in the behavior of the gut bacteria linked with reduced appetite.
- Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch: This procedure involves surgical removal of a large area of the stomach along with bypassing a major portion of the smaller intestine. This procedure may reduce fat absorption of up to 70%. The behavior of the gut hormones change resulting in a decrease in appetite and improved satiety.
Various complications may result from this surgery such as -
- May cause infections in the body
- Clots may form in the blood
- It can result in bowel problems
- Ulcers can form in the stomach
First and foremost step towards dealing with less libido in females is to make your partner understand your problem. Then, it is important to consult a doctor to find out the underlying cause, thereafter, treatment of the cause can normalize the condition.
Since there are multiple causes of the problem, there are different ways by which the loss of libido can be easily managed and treated.
Some of them are discussed below:
- Change in Medications: Since some of the medications are responsible for the lack of libido, the doctors will replace the medications to reverse this lack.
- Addressing the psychological factors: Your doctor will either arrange for suitable psychiatric sessions or ask your partner to coordinate mutually.
- Treatment of Hormonal Disorders: The doctors will suitably treat problems like thyroids or recommend surgical treatment for fibroids to manage HSSD.
- Sex Therapy/Relationship Counseling or Testosterone Therapy: While sex therapy or relationship counseling brings back the interest by effectively counseling the individual, Testosterone therapy involves off-label usage of testosterone hormone since it is not recommended by FDA. Proper treatment and consulting a medical expert can reverse this disorder efficiently.