Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swaminath G
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swaminath GYour feedback matters!
Hii am 22 years old. I have mixed depression & anxiety. I am a professional engineer so in this condition also I have to manage my job or else I will lose my job. My consultant psychiatrist have tried almost all kind of drugs but nothing is working out for me. I am not able to fight the depression as my energy level is very low & feeling emotionless. Without emotion no action is possible but lack of energy is the cause why I am unable to counter my depression. How I will be energetic & get motivated to stand against depression?
Hello doc. I am 19 years old. What my problem is I can't control myself in stressful situations and I getting emotional to every situation fastly. I getting anger with every one and I am suffering from memory loss heavily. Because of this habits I lost all my friends and my parents and my bf suffers a lot due to my behaviour. What can I do for prevent this? Please tell me how I make myself and my surroundings happy.
Hello sir. Sir i am a smoker and due to smoking my left chick my down to compare right chick . So give the solution and how can i smoke the ciggreate.
He is travelling daily and hence everyday having a body pain and sometimes head ache too. Please suggest a remedy.
I am 22 years old male suffering from depression I sleep for almost all day some times 16 to 17 hours a day. I do not like to do anything and do not want to take any responsibility. I just feel I will do nothing in my life. I feel afraid to go out of my house sometimes and I never want to do anything and even now I do not like to meet my friends also oing daily tasks is also big thing for me. One doctor said I am suffering from schizophrenia year back than I changed doctor he says you are suffering from depression and anxiety sometimes I felt like crying sometimes suicidal thought comes in my mind strongly. Negative thoughts and bad dreams in sleep is also common now currently I am taking following medicines-licab, sulpitac,zapiz, tetrafol.in night and day from 6 month. Kindly help me.
If you are being treated for Parkinson's disease. How can you maximize the effect of Levodopa? The effect of levodopa can be maximized by increasing its absorption from the digestive system. In particular, taking levodopa on an empty stomach is very important.
- Take on an empty stomach: Do not eat anything 1 hour before taking levodopa. Do not eat anything for at least 30 minutes and if possible 1 hour after taking it. Take the pill with 2 glasses of water so that it can dissolve. If taking the levodopa on an empty stomach makes you nauseous, confirm that your medication has the right amount of carbidopa in relation to the levodopa (25%). If you continue to feel nauseous, you can eat a piece of white bread around the time that you take levodopa. Do not apply any butter, yogurt, cheese or similar high protein spreads. Protein can drastically decrease the absorption of levodopa.
- Get your constipation treated: This is critically important too. Being constipated can slow down the passage of levodopa through the digestive system. In most patients, drinking adequate water and taking stool softeners is helpful.
- Get your ulcer treated: It can be difficult to recognize that you have a gastric ulcer. However, if you have a burning sensation in your stomach at any time, or belch frequently, you may have a gastric ulcer. If you think you have an ulcer you should get tested (there is a simple breath test now) and treated with antibiotics (not antacids!)
- Do not take levodopa with iron tablets: The iron binds to levodopa and prevents its absorption. Keep a gap of at least two hours between these two medications.
- Try taking levodopa with orange juice and carbonated water (soda): Mix equal quantities of orange juice and carbonated water (soda). Take your regular levodopa with a glass of this preparation instead of water. The carbonated water hastens disintegration of the tablet, and the acidity of both things helps in levodopa absorption. There are special tablets of levodopa (dispersible levodopa, Madopar) which can be dissolved in this preparation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.