Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swaminath GYour feedback matters!
I lost some close to my now I am feel alone what I do my brain not work what could I do please help.
While I do sex I am getting over exited. And can't do intercourse for long time. I am suffering from this problem from the first time I do sex. I don't know what to do. I am getting depressed day by day. The duration of my intercourse is hardly 5 to 10 sec. Is there any solution?
I am a B. Tech student and I am unable to manage my stress in exams. I am getting headache and fever. What should I do?
51 stress management tips to help you manage your stress
1. Seek professional help
2. Change your diet
3. Increase exercise
4. Drink more water
5. Learn to meditate
6. Read a positive thinking book
7. Start a new hobby
8. Spend at least 10 minutes in the early morning or late afternoon sunshine
9. Go for a walk
10. Talk to your parents
11. Talk to your friends
12. Talk to work colleagues
13. Find time for yourself
14. Learn positive affirmations
15. Do a positive thinking course or buy a book
16. Concentrate on your breathing
17. Stay calm
18. Find a healthy way to release your energy
19. Join a sporting team
20. Talk about your feelings
21. Don't be afraid of failure
22. Learn ways to relax
23. Spend quality time with your family
24. Spend quality time with your friends
25. Belief in yourself
26. Give yourself another chance
27. Learn to just stop
28. Approach something new with a positive mind
29. Reward yourself for your attempts
30. Acknowledge the good in yourself
31. Get organised
32. Write to-do lists (achievable)
33. Set yourself realistic goals and reward yourself when you reach them
34. Cut back on alcohol
35. Cut back on smoking
36. Avoid too much coffee
37. Avoid nonprescription drugs
38. Play with your kids
39. Spend time with your partner
40. Have more early nights
41. Take the tv out of the bedroom or, at least, don't have it on at bedtime
42. Stay positive
43. Learn about breathing techniques
44. Try assertiveness training
45. Try to stop negative thoughts
46. Listen to your body
47. Learn to say no
48. Accept other people's failures
49. Ask for help
50. Accept what you can't change
51. Learn from your mistakes
I have so much of tension and I can't able to sleep through which I have head ache. What should I do to get relief from it?
When you get a compliment, 'smart thinking or you are intelligent or that was intelligent of you', you definitely feel good. These comments fill us with confidence, admiration and pride and we want it to happen to us again and again. But owing to a busy schedule and long working hours it might not be possible. Having said this, it does not mean that a person cannot stay intelligent throughout. This can be easily achieved by regular meditation. Regular meditation and yoga helps the mind to be more reflective and efficient.
Here are reasons how yoga and meditation lead to an intellectual learning and growth:
- Utilizes the brain: Almost everyone uses one half of their brain more and this leads to imbalance. Meditation is believed to sync the left and the right hemispheres, thereby allowing neural connection and great processing power. When logical left and creative right brains start working in harmony, then solving problems becomes easy; and it also increases creativity, deep thinking comes to be known of and concentration and focus magnifies. Highly successful people usually display whole brain synchronization.
- Functional capabilities of brain enhance due to meditation: Research backs it that meditation increases the gray matter thickness of the brain regions, thus making the brain smarter, bigger and faster. This is very similar to doing physical exercise which makes the muscles denser and stronger. The increase in Functional Capabilities of brain is based on the concept of neuroplasticity, which states that our intelligence is not based on genetics and there are some things which can be done to improve the way our brain works. Meditation is a good brain enhancer with an ability to increase intelligence.
- Beneficial brainwave patterns can be seen: Meditation can help to guide the brainwaves into beneficial frequencies. The frequencies: alpha, theta and delta when guided can show case a myriad of benefits including idea generation, creativity, cognitive functioning, and intellectual capacity. Meditation helps to transform these beneficial states of mind and help boost the IQ.
- Develops intuition and insights: These are generally obtained through listening and developing to the inner voice. Thus meditation forms to be the basic key to tap these latent abilities. The intelligence can be mapped through tests and quizzes and is valuable at each level to stimulate insights and creativity. As per some people, inner intelligence, is considered to be the most important and best success in the world. Successful people including Steve Jobs have stated that their super revolutionary ideas and business acumen came through their intuition.
- Meditation helps in improving both short and long term memory: The key memory areas hippocampus and frontal lobe show increase in activity during meditation. By stimulating these areas, the short and long term memories are improved.