Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Swaminath GYour feedback matters!
Sir/Madam I have a whole body pain especially at upper back bone and fatigue at the foots, Recommend me the food by which I can overcome from above problems Thank you.
I am cigarette smoker I take 12 to 16 cigarettes a day I fill dipress from last 6 month and cuff problem from last 2 year some time I can't walk or run longer-term I fill weakness and long birthing Last year I try to quiet from smoking I take" champix" starter courses from my doctor sougess but after complete course I can't control on smoking habits please suggest me proper way to quiet from this bed habits.
Before some days ago she was sense less in a train and then this was again happened with her. She goes to a doctor, he says that she is suffering from first stage of Conversion and Reaction disease but doctor could not suggest any medicines , doctor says to my friend that don't take any tension and free her mind all time. Last day she was feeling weak as those day. So what will she do?
I am very very tensed and depressed since the last 2, 3 months. I spend hours sitting and thinking about even very small problem, due to this, I m unable to concentrate on my work and I also noticed that my hairs are falling and some startimg to white. I m 23 old. It is not right for my age. What kind of natural foods and exercise do you suggest to resolve these problems?
How to get rid of depression & anxiety without psychiatric medication? I tried psychotherapy but it feels pointless, I thought the psychologist I went to wasnt good so I went to another psychologist & felt the same & I feel paranoid after discussing things with the psychologist like I can never get rid of the psychologist or stop going for the next session because she knows too much about me.
My child of 7 years having epilepsy since 2.5 years and taking continue medicine but sezuires are not stopping and have changed doctors also suggest what to do to stop sezuires. Taking care also. But problem occurs when it happens in school. School also takes care but how to stop sezuires.
I drink whisky. Is alcohol bad for liver? And what are the symptoms of flu? Please doctor tell me in detail.
Some times in a day I lost the control on my body i'm getting trouble with, in a meeting also i'm not concentrating on a particular thing at that time i'm thinking about something else what should I suppose to do and how to get a control on brain.?
From 1 - 2 week I am finding myself unhappy, I don 't have any reason for that, everything is fine in my life as earlier but from few days my over thinking has become a threat for me, I am a student, I am unable to focus on my studies. I am really feeling somehow depressed, I can't find any reason for this, I am unable to live my life as earlier, every time I feel sad and want to cry without any reason. I think I am fed up of my daily schedule. Please tell me how can I get back myself.
My problem is I am not happy and I feel suffocated inside. I fight with myself nearly daily. I have not able to prove myself talented or someone of value.
Schizophrenia is a psychiatric disorder in which a person’s mood, knowledge, thought and several other characteristics gets disturbed. We can notice most of the adults and old people with few symptoms of schizophrenia, which are most commonly left unidentified. The exact cause of schizophrenia is not yet known. The person feels that they are being constantly watched, they feel the presence of someone or something, which is not actually there. They are always suspicious and think that other people are gossiping and thinking about them.
Possible causes of Schizophrenia
Though the exact cause of schizophrenia is not known there are few factors, which contribute to the cause of schizophrenia.
- Genetic factors: People with a family history of schizophrenia are at higher risk of getting schizophrenia.
- Environmental factors: Environmental factors include excessive stress during pregnancy or later stages of life. Several other factors during pregnancy and childhood are responsible for causing schizophrenia. These factors are:
- Decreased oxygen level during delivery due to premature birth or prolonged labour
- Parental loss or separation in early stages of life
- Parental exposure to virus or during infancy
- Childhood physical or sexual abuse
- Abnormal brain structures and brain chemistry
Sings and symptoms of schizophrenia
- Hallucination: To see, feel or hear anything that really does not exist is known as hallucination.
- Delusion: A thought or belief of a person, which is either false or impossible in reality is known as delusion.
- Thought and speech disturbances: The thought process and speech of a schizophrenic will be disorganized, due to which he or she will fumble or is distracted as they are unable to align their thoughts.
- Difficulty in concentrating: It is difficult for people suffering from schizophrenia to concentrate on the task at hand.
- Erratic behaviour: People suffering from schizophrenia tend to behave erratically, either they will be too jumpy or will be perfectly still for hours at a stretch. Most people belief that those who are suffering from schizophrenia are often violent in nature, which actually is not the case.
Treatment for schizophrenia
Schizophrenia can be treated, if identified at an early stage. It is best advised to consult a psychiatrist the moment you spot the symptoms. Anti psychotic drugs, self help behaviour change, counselling and rehabilitation are few treatment modalities available for schizophrenia.