Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swaminath GYour feedback matters!
My aunty is suffering mentally. Her age is 40 years. She show constant mood swings, in mroning she is normal den at night she starts behaving angry m starts crying den fighting. She correlates eveverything with her dat it is planned in a way against her. Even a simple song or any normal comments she relates to herself n says dis is planned against her n ment to taunting her. Situation is getting worst day by day. She is not ready to listen or trust anyone no even husband or her children. She says evryone is planning against her. Her mom was also a mental patients.
I am 29 years old male. I have pain in the throat from last 7-10 days. Taken cetrizine with zospar for 3-4 days. I have been smoking but have left it from past 7 days. It pinches sometimes when I swallow my saliva. And some times its ok. Is this a symptom of throat ulcers. I am gargling with salt water at night. Please guide me with suitable medicine / diet / gargle. My throat sometimes feel dry making unable to swallow my saliva. Please tell me what it is, any thing serious? Also please let me know your phone no. To contact.
My daughter had stress related depression. Now after her first delivery which was cesserrian he again got depression. Will it happen. If so how long will it take to become normal
I can't remember some importance. I shall try to improve my brain to concentrated anything. Please help me.
1. Focus on your positive qualities. It’s true that we can all improve in some ways – but start by finding your good qualities – and recognise that these are a major part of who you are.
2. Be aware of, and fight against, your negative self-talk. Negative self talk can quickly snowball and become an angry tirade against yourself – so you become your own worst critic and your own worst enemy. Instead, choose to respect yourself, to love, affirm and believe in yourself.
3. Don’t dwell on things you know you cannot change. We all have imperfections, weaknesses and flaws. They’re really not that crucial, and they’re not that big a deal. Try to keep them in perspective – and change what you CAN change.
4. Make your own decisions – don’t always look to others, and think that they know better … But choose to trust yourself.
6. Always try to do your best – as that’s all that is required. You’re a normal human being who’ll sometimes get it wrong. Get up, forgive youself, then just choose to move on.
When I drink alcohol After 5 hours my body is infected and swelling my stomach in both side What is the solution of it?
Hi I am suffering anxiety panic attacks from the last 2 yrs. My weight is also increasing .i am on ashwagandha rt now.
I am viraj thakker 30 years of an age having anxiety symptoms such as derealisation depersonalisation. Brain fog. Panic disorder. Light headed. Fear of public. Since 3 n half years. I consulted cyketrist for the same Dr. has given me patroxta12. 5 vitamin d3 and toliclam 50 and I feel energetic after having all these tablet. please suggest whether I will be alright soon.
Sir/mam I am 22 years of age and had panic attack last night felt like a I am going to faint or die but within a minute I was normal But I have light chest pain on my left side it is not bothering me but making me serious What is this and what should I do is it serious? Thanks.
I have severe constipation n gone through depression n m fine now currently I have problem in digestion wat to do I take laxatives but nothing worked dulcolax works n I take kayam tablets so I get toilet or else little bit n rest stuck wat to do I don't want to do endoscopy I can't tolerate it pls help I go to gym n exercise as well n take creatine n protein powder I had eczema before.
I don't feel good about anything these days. Just locked in the room. I don't know what to do? I feel useless and unworthy. Please help.
Im in 2nd years nursing student. I dnt knw wht im thinking abt there is some stress or some fear abt nxt day .i cnt able to sleep well. My schedule start frm mrng 5-6 am ?i want to sleep.
Compulsive sexual behaviour is a condition which is also known as hypersexuality or hypersexual disorder, nymphomania or sexual addiction. It involves an obsession with sexual thoughts, sexual urges and behaviour, which may cause distress in life and also negatively affect health, personal relationships and other aspects of life. The disorder may also include self-stimulation by a patient. Compulsive sexual behaviour can cause you great distress, and your entire life may get ruined. The society may detest you, and you may end up being rejected from all places.
Here are some ways to deal with compulsive sexual behaviour:
- A treatment program for compulsive sexual behaviour should be started, and this should be treated very seriously. The treatment methods include attending therapy sessions with an experienced therapist and taking other programs based on recovery from sexual addiction. These are difficult, and you have to be very strict.
- Self education is very important for dealing with compulsive sexual behaviour. You should do research and know all about compulsive sexual behaviour. This will help you to relate to your symptoms, and you can start necessary treatment measures.
- You should observe and find out the triggers for your compulsive sexual behaviour. You should try to recognise scenarios, thoughts and judgement so that you can control yourself from being triggered.
- For coping with compulsive sexual behaviour you must keep away from any kind of risky behaviour. You should identify your risk conditions and try to keep away from facing them. You should abstain from visiting bars, pubs or strip clubs where you may be tempted to find a way to have sex. This will cause compulsive sexual behaviour. Keep away from pornographic videos or install a software which blocks such websites.
- You should take medication for substance abuse and mental health problems to deal with compulsive sexual behaviour. Your stress, anxiety, depression and other compulsions may give rise to compulsive sexual behaviour.
- You should start healthy practices and spend time at healthy locations. Instead of satisfying negative sentiments by having sex, try to take up other productive activities. Exercise should be done regularly.
- You have to practice stress management and try various relaxation techniques to deal with compulsive sexual behaviour. You can try stress relieving methods such as yoga, meditation or tai chi.
- You have to remain focused on your recovery program. The program may take a lot of time, and until you fully recover, you have to hold on tight and follow all the rules.
Compulsive sexual behaviour can cause great distress to a person. It lowers the position of a person in society, and he or she gets looked down upon as a sex addict. If you have compulsive sexual behaviour, you should start a treatment program immediately. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.