Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suresh S M
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh S MYour feedback matters!
My sugar levels are fbs 159andpplbs214 and hba1c 7 6 and triglycerides are 149 please give me sagation.
I have diabetes type 2 for the last 14 years. My latest blood sugar reading is FBS 137 and PP2 216. HBA1c is around 8. I take a balanced diet without sugar. I also do 30 minutes of brisk walking and another 20 to 30 minutes of exercises daily. The medication taken by me is one tab Gemer 2 and one tab Pioglit 30mg during breakfast, one tab Gemer 2 during lunch and one tablet Tenglyn 20 before bedtime on a daily basis. I wish to know what further steps I need to take to reverse the diabetic condition. I also wish to know the changes if any required in the medication that I am at presently taking.
Hello, I am from ludhiana. My mother is survived with thyroid. She is 43 years old. Please advised me. What medicine is perfect for my mom. Please
I am 20 years old I want to know about what is the symptoms of sugar? And what is the symptoms of asthma? Pls reply me fast or immediately!
As it is being found that artificial sweeteners are not good/probably harmful for the body, What are the natural sweeteners that can be safely consumed by a Diabetic patient?
I am taking thyronorm 50 mcg tablet till 8 month. Now mine question is can I stop that tablet and see.
My Age is 16 and Weight is About 80 KG. And waist size is 38 inches. And height is 165 cm I want to increase my height and I am having thyroid And I want to know that my moustache and beard is coming will it will stop my height I want to increase height.
Hello. Am 22 years old n my weight z 73 kg. And I hv PCOD and hypothyroid. Can I drnk green tea with ginger daily. And when shld I drnk before or aftr food?
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher levels of blood sugars in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions, and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is it does not completely go away, and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attacks, strokes, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar levels have to be managed so that there is a delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha. With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks - one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
- Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
- Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
- Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels, and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies proven to be very effective against diabetes.
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
- Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
- Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
- Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
- Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.