Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suresh S M
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh S MYour feedback matters!
Good day! I'm a hypothyroid patient taking 75 mcg Thyronorm tablets. Would like to know if there are any known side effects of thyronorm as such - without overdosage. Does the drug by itself have any side-effects I need to be aware of? Thank you.
Daily after lunch I used to have one sugar candy or chocolate. I take medicine for sugar and it is under control. Is it harmful?
I'm pregnant of 1 month 20 days. I've done Thyroid test and it shows my thyroid levels TSH as 4.42. Should I use thyroid tablets or its normal please let me know,
I am suffering from thyroid since 20 years and hernia since 15 years also have High BP problem. She didn't got correct treatment even after showing at many places.
Hypertension or High Blood Pressure can trigger as well as worsen complications related to diabetes. Most people suffering from diabetes tend to develop hypertension later in their lives. Diabetes tends to increase one’s blood pressure, making him/her even more vulnerable to other heart diseases and cardio-vascular disorders. Diabetes often leads to a condition known as atherosclerosis, which is the hardening of the arteries. A combination of diabetes and hypertension drastically increases the risk of suffering from a heart disease. The risks of kidney diseases and retinopathy (damage to the tiny blood vessels present in the retina) also go up, resulting in blindness. With age, chronic hypertension can also result in numerous cognitive disorders such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease (degenerative mental disorder).
How to prevent Diabetes and Hypertension?
1. Walking for about 40 minutes each day or engaging in any type of aerobic exercise can better one’s heart health. Chalk out an exercise plan upon consulting the doctor
2. Limit drinking and abstain from smoking
3. Go for regular kidney check-ups
4. Eat food rich in fiber such as vegetables, fruits, breads or whole grain cereals
5. Examine blood pressure as well as blood sugar levels regularly at home
6. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation or yoga to cut down on stress level; as stress is one of the major contributors to diabetes and the subsequent hypertension
7. Shed off your extra pounds as blood pressure escalates with weight