Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SunilYour feedback matters!
SSHL is not like any other normal hear-loss trouble. Rather it is quite a severe condition. Sudden deafness can occur at any time due to several reasons. This trouble does not affect both the ears rather only one specific ear is usually affected, and thus this is one of the prominent signs that can help the doctors to understand that SSHL has occurred.
What are the leading causes of this hearing loss?
- Head injury: If you have faced any severe kind of head injury ever, then it might bring SSHL. This is why you are suggested to get necessary treatment on time so that this kind of hearing loss can be avoided.
- Loud-noise exposure: If your ears are exposed to louder noises or sounds in a consistent manner, then there is a greater possibility of the occurrence of this hearing loss. Thus, you should stay away from unwanted noises.
- Ageing: With the increase in age, hearing power slowly decreases. However, if you take proper precautions from the very beginning, then SSHL can be definitely avoided.
- Blood-circulation troubles: Interrupted blood-circulation creates different physical troubles out of which hearing loos is one of the most prominent one. And if timely treatment is not provided, then it might get converted into SSHL.
- Ototoxic medication: This kind of medication should not be continued for long without doctor's prescription otherwise SSHL might occur.
- Lyme disease: This is a kind of disease, which occurs due to tick bites and this is pretty infectious in nature. Apart from that, this disease is now considered as one of the main sources of SSHL.
How to evaluate this hearing loss?
- History analysis: The history of the patient needs to be known first otherwise SSHL cannot be perfectly treated. If the history shows that the patient already has an existing trouble of ear loss for which SSHL has been proven, then in accordance with the same the treatment can be prescribed.
- Laboratory and imaging: Laboratory analysis is one of the main methods for evaluating SSHL and necessary images of the ears boost the potentiality and importance of this kind of analysis to a great extent.
- Quick evaluation: This kind of medical evaluation is mainly made on the basis of the symptoms. The doctors often follow the signs thoroughly in order to determine as to whether the patients have SSHL or not. This evaluation is highly supported by different medical tests that are prescribed by the doctor.
I am having daughter who is 2.5 years old. She is having a very poor appetite. She doesn't eat anything. Her weight is is also low. Please suggest medicines for appetite increased and to grow her weight.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My baby girl is 15 months old and her weight is 12kgs and height is 71cms and head circumference is 21 cms. Is she appropiate according to her age ?
My daughter is 33wk pregnant. On 31st weak she suffered from diarrhea for 1weak. Now she is having normal stool but some gum type sticky substance is coming along the stool. please help.
Mouth gargling with warm water with salt added to it is a very effective method especially in chilling winters to reduce tooth ache arising due to sensitive teeth. Though it relieves the pain, consult your dentist for permanent cure.
Hi, My child, is around 9 months old. He was exclusively breast mild for first 6 months. Now weaning. I do breast feed and give homemade cerelac and other homemade food. Do any formula milk is required in additional? If yes, please suggest what is good.
Childhood memories are always special, we often get nostalgic reminiscing about them. When we were kids there was a range of outdoor activities, games and creative things to do, something to look forward and run around. However, the definition of modern childhood has undergone a sea change.
If you have a child in your home, you will be acutely aware of the gadget addiction phenomenon. Be it a mobile, iPad, television or gaming console, children today are almost inseparable from their gadgets. From a 2-year-old baby to 12-year-old teenagers, all can be found glued to their favorite gadgets, due to which physical activity and outdoor games have ceased to exist in their lives.
Further, this addiction to modern day gadgets is triggering a negative impact on their health. A number of studies indicate that the incidence of obesity, depression, and even diabetes (juvenile diabetes) amongst children and teenagers is on a mercurial rise, because of such a lifestyle.
But who is to be blamed for this?
It is common knowledge today, that parents across that globe try to deliver the best of everything to their kids, but sometimes we forget that more than things and luxury, our kids need our time.
Here are some effective measures to curb the gadget menace
Communicate: As a modern working parent, life is extremely hectic. However, make sure you spend some quality time with your child daily. Talk to your child about different things and understand what is going in their daily life.
Understand your child: Communication paves the way for better understanding, but as a parent, you have to make an effort to understand your child, as each child is unique and so are their needs.
Educate yourself: Make sure you are fully aware of what is going on with your child and how he or she is doing throughout the day in different areas, be it school or other activities. Talk to the other parents, and know what your children's peer group are doing.
Engage them: Take them to parks, indulge in fun outdoor and physical activities. When your child refuses to eat or do a particular work, never bribe them with a mobile phone or a laptop. Instead, promise them a weekend picnic or a day out.
Reduce internet time: Make sure children below 8 years have either no access or reduced access to the Internet. In fact, children below 10 years should not be allowed to use mobile phones, but that is practically not possible in today’s time, so parents should make an effort to control that and make sure that their children are not spending unnecessary time on internet as not only it is wasting their precious time, but also affects their mental health too.
Lastly, do not let your child forget that there is more to life than video games and TV. Love them but don’t give in to your child’s unrealistic demands.