Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. SumeraYour feedback matters!
Sleepwalking is a sleep related disorder that affects many individuals globally. It causes people to get up and start walking even when they are in a deep state of sleep. This condition happens when the patient is going through a state of deep sleep to light sleep, before actually awaking. In most cases, the patients are not aware of their actions and may find themselves in another room or part of the house when they wake up. While this condition usually happens for children between the ages of four to eight, it may even happen for certain adults. Here is everything you need to know about sleepwalking from the reasons that cause it, to the ways in which it may be treated.
General causes of sleepwalking: Sleepwalking may be caused by sudden stress or a chaotic sleep pattern. In such cases, it may last only a few weeks and may even come with other symptoms like bedwetting. This is most commonly seen in children. It is also a genetically inherited disorder that can affect people whose parents or siblings have suffered from the same.
Also, if you have a sleep deprivation problem and experience trouble when it comes to falling asleep, then this condition may set in. Many people also walk in their sleep when they are drunk or are known to regularly get drunk. Excessive alcohol consumption may also lead to such sleep disorders. Also, if the patient is taking sedatives that are hypnotic in nature, then they may experience such symptoms as sleepwalking.
Medical conditions: There are also a number of medical conditions that may cause this condition. To begin with, sleepwalking may arise as a symptom of heartburn and fever. Also, patients who are suffering from an irregular heartbeat or heart rhythm may end up walking in their sleep. Restless leg syndrome, obstructive sleep apnea, night time seizures and asthma may also cause this condition. Other psychiatric disorders like post traumatic stress disorder, panic attacks and multiple personality disorder can also cause symptoms such as sleepwalking.
Treatment: The method of treatment is usually based on the genetic, environmental or physiological reasons that are behind the actual disorder. While changing the medicines and treating the actual ailment that causes sleepwalking as a symptom may be recommended by most doctors, one may also have to undergo therapy. This therapy will help in reaching the root cause of the sleepwalking disorder in case it is a chronic problem that has nothing to do with any other ailment or disease. The doctor may also look for signs of nocturnal seizures and confusion arousal in order to treat the same with proper therapy and medication. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
My mother have desperation problem like fear of what to do and excited and always like to sleep But not in deep sleep just lay down on bed.please help
I am male 26 have white heads near my nose and black marks near my lips portion which never goes and same on my neck.
I am having hair loss problem from last one year I have consult the hair expect doctor but hair loss not control so please suggest the complete solution.
Hi.. i am a 29 year old male. Since past few months i have started developing grey hair along with dandruff as well. plsease suggest some means to stop this. also, is it ok to use hair colors available in market like garneir and all ? Thanks.
I am 19 year old, female.I have been suffering from stammering since childhood and normally with my family and other people I speak normally and hardly stutter but in public places when I am in situation such as in interviews, presentation etc I am hardly able to speak and sometimes the situation gets worse as I make faces while speaking and my stomach also squeezes. So recently I was thinking to join a public speaking and personality development programme but I am confused as will it help me to improve my stutter and overcome my fear or else I should see a speech therapist?
I am 30 years old, now a days I am getting body pains before 10 days of menstrual cycle and after menses also what to do?
Which oil is good after heart attack. And how much quantity I can consume per day. please suggest me for that
I m loosing my weight and feel weakness in my body is there any product or medicine to gain weight and build the stamina.
Am a engineering student, I spent daily 4 or 5 hrs in open sunlight, and my skin becoming dark, everyday is a busy day for me, is any effective cream in market, To get lighter tone skin,? I really want to remove darkness on my face,
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Some preliminary studies suggested that garlic might lower blood cholesterol levels slightly. But one study on the safety and effectiveness of three garlic preparations (fresh garlic, dried powdered garlic tablets, and aged garlic extract tablets) found no effect on cholesterol levels.
I am underweight, I am trying so many things to gain weight but after all the result is zero. Please help me to gain weight.
Obesity has become a global pandemic as more and more people are becoming overweight. Our lifestyles have made it difficult to lose weight. But with simple tweaks and changes in your diet, you can slim yourself, lose weight and keep it off. These superfoods have a variety of benefits and reduce your caloric intake. Packed with nutrients, they can help you fend off those extra kilograms, love handles and weight!
1. Asparagus: With just 27 calories in a cup, asparagus not just offers low calories, it even fills you up. If you eat non-vegetarian food on a regular basis, have asparagus by the side or in your salads. You will love how it complements the food.
2. Cauliflower: Cauliflower is rich in nutrients as well as flavors. 100 gms of cauliflower (edible portion) makes up to 30 calories, which is not very high and of course, it fills you up, which makes it an ideal option for dinners and lunches.
3. Broccoli: A close cousin of cauliflower, it’s available widely and a single cup of 31 calories has tons of nutrients. The superfood is a vegetable that you can cook, consume after boiling or add to your salads.
4. Brussel Sprouts: Sprouts are yummy and they are extremely filling. So, if you are interested in weight, consume them on a regular basis. It’s just 38 calories in a cup with tons of fiber and other nutrients.
5. Lettuce: This green leafy vegetable adds so many nutrients to your daily servings. And they are such a rich-filling for the body. A single cup of lettuce has just 5 calories. Lettuce can be used with salads or eaten raw as a snack.
6. Cabbage: If you don’t find lettuce easily, substitute it with cabbage, which has 22 calories a cup, is great for weight loss and has sweet, crunchy taste. So, you can easily use it as a snacking option.
7. Beets: Beetroots have about 30 calories a cup and they are so yummy. Add them to your salads or prepare them as veggies for the dinner.
8. Lemons: Packed with vitamin C, lemon can be used to add flavor to your salad, drink herbal water or simply to quench your thirst.
9. Tomatoes: Great choice for salads and snacking as tomatoes tend to have just 22 calories for a medium size. Plus, they are super tasty, have lycopene that has anti-ageing properties. You can use them with a variety of other veggies and fruits of your choice.
10. Spinach: It is a rich source of vitamin A, Iron, vitamin C, vitamin K, magnesium and folate. Spinach is a good source of the B vitamins, riboflavin, and vitamin B6, vitamin E, calcium, potassium and dietary fiber. And it gives only 26 calories. It is unarguably great nutrition for any meal.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.